• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Persona: Gateways to Redemption

Rose-Chan

Trying to bring myself back
In the small town of Nishimori, Japan, there exists rumors of some paranormal activity at one of it's most historic shrines. There is an annual festival at this shrine, and people have noticed visitors in sometimes do not return, especially when they pass under it's last standing torii gate. It's only legend, but some beleive it sincerely to be true. Some say they've witnessed it with their own eyes...
The festival has stopped in recent years due to these claims along with recent, random murder cases. Many of it's caretakers have left, leaving a ghostly air about the shrine, perfect for a group of 3 highschoolers to explore. All of them laughed and joked around about how spooky and scary the place was, taunting it. One of them remembered the legend of the Torii gate, and they all decided it's be funny to pass through. One of the highschoolers, one entered into a contract she didn't realize she was part of, reached her arm through, and it dissapeared into the air. The shrine's caretaker saw the group, and before much could be done, the kids were scrambling in attempts to escape.
Were the runors of this gate true? How did only that one girl get affected? These questions ran through the highschoolers mind, but there was a feeling among all three, they all agreed, there was something deeper to that shrine. Much deeper than they would ever understand.

Persona: Gateways to Redemption is a story following a small group of higjschool students on an adventure spanning another version of their world, referred to as the Mirrored World, or Mirrorverse. They will explore the various areas in this barren, dark version of the world and uncover shadows, and "palaces" they must explore to change something about reality. With a recent random string of premeditated murder-suicide cases happening, and the sudden, almost ethereal nature of them... It seems it may be related.
What mystery will be uncovered? What are the murders about?

I would like to thank you all in advance of posting an interest check, but a few ground rules.

--Everyone has to help keep story moving; Anyone can provide ideas.
--Interactions are just as, if not more, important than fighting. Keep this in mind!
--Not everyone is availible from the start, but everyone is important.
--Only join if you're serious about doing this. Im proud of what my frienda and i have worked on here.
--Paragraph posts at least during the rp. If youre dealing with sickness or life, that's fine. Just try your best ro get a good paragraph. 5 sentences or so. 😄
--Not every player can be a persona user. (However, you can be a shadow of your character, more on this when character storage comes in)
--there may be needs to play multiple characters, there will be more than just the highschoolers and shrine caretaker.

Last edited:
I can get a CS to you tomorrow, probably. It's getting a little late here and I need to go to bed in a little while.

Would the Furies from Greek mythology work for your Grudges theme? They're spirits that punish oathbreakers.

Would the Furies from Greek mythology work for your Grudges theme? They're spirits that punish oathbreakers.

That sounds fitting. Especially since im going for an inspiration woth Discordia.
Speaking of, ill likely be posting my own character as soon as i finish this final persona 4 video...

Most of mine doesn't take much doing since I've already got CSs for Hotaru. I'm just rewriting a few things because they need editing, adding the needed sections.

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Neat, my character is half-German as well, although she doesn't know her mother, and she takes after her Japanese father in almost every aspect appearance-wise.

Rose-Chan Rose-Chan would Hugh Glass (The revenant) work for a grudge themed persona?
Revenants in general i beleice are vengful creatures. Let me do a bit of looking but go ahead and ceeate your form if you want.

Edit: i did some looking. Immediately i have to say no. I am fine with mythiological creatures and fods, but High Glass is actually just a normal indovidual. Idk how that slipped through my mind without thinking. Im sorry but no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back