• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Boku no Hero: Peace Sign Academia Characters

I know I said I couldn't approve anything before Friday anyway, but if those things are not corrected you can't be approved

Needs an expansion, this personality does not provide a clear picture of the character's behavior and is lacking in serious flaws

I'll ignore the fact your character became a full fledged fisher at such a young age (I did approve a bunch of martial artists, so I have to be consistent here), but this part is too far fetched. I did some quick research, and the closest Island to the area where the characters are is aproximately 170 KMs away. To give you an idea, the fastest animal on Earth (not counting very small animals or diving birds) is the cheetah, who can run at 120 KM/hour.... for a minute or two. The fastest shark has a calculated speed of 72 KM. Assuming that shark is somehow capable of keeping said speed for several hours, it would still take you almost 2h and a half to get from the closest island to the mainland, with nonspot swimming.

I am here assuming that 60 mph (to help, since I mistakenly used KM earlier, this is about 96km/hour) is the utter limit of your character's ability, somehting you can't keep doing for even 20 minutes.

AKA even without factoring in that such movement would be illegal for a number of reasons, including fishing laws, quirk-related laws, immigration-related laws etc... Your character just wouldn't have the physical capacity to swim that far.

so long as he doesn't have superhuman strength...
Allow me to break out my major as a marine biologist to shed light on the swimming, most species of sharks are in fact ram ventilators meaning they cannot actually suck in water to breathe. They breathe by being in constant movement to allow the water to wash over their gills and give them their much needed oxygen. I.oxyrinchus is one such species of shark that is a ram ventilator, meaning all the great whites and makos and other free swimming species you've seen, even the oldest ones, have never ever stopped swimming once in their lives, from the day they were born as pups to the day that they die naturally or are fished out of the water. If a ram ventilator stops swimming with no current to push water inside of its mouth, it will die from suffocation. But I will fix everything else.

Allow me to break out my major as a marine biologist to shed light on the swimming, most species of sharks are in fact ram ventilators meaning they cannot actually suck in water to breathe. They breathe by being in constant movement to allow the water to wash over their gills and give them their much needed oxygen. I.oxyrinchus is one such species of shark that is a ram ventilator, meaning all the great whites and makos and other free swimming species you've seen, even the oldest ones, have never ever stopped swimming once in their lives, from the day they were born as pups to the day that they die naturally or are fished out of the water. If a ram ventilator stops swimming with no current to push water inside of its mouth, it will die from suffocation. But I will fix everything else.
However, this is not applicable to your problem for two reasons:
1. They have a different form of respiratory organs, as exemplified by the fact they can live on land and the quirk does not eliminate their need to sleep (which involves staying still). Add in additional weight and other forms of extra energetic spending and it just becomes inviable to breath by moving. At best your character needs to keep moving while breathing underwater, but even then their shape wouldn't be suitable for permanent motion, especially not at those high speeds.
2. Even if sharks need to keep moving, that doesn't mean they will move at their top speed all the time. Quite the opposite in fact. This only makes it more likely you are not capable of swimming all the way there.

However, this is not applicable to your problem for two reasons:
1. They have a different form of respiratory organs, as exemplified by the fact they can live on land and the quirk does not eliminate their need to sleep (which involves staying still). Add in additional weight and other forms of extra energetic spending and it just becomes inviable to breath by moving. At best your character needs to keep moving while breathing underwater, but even then their shape wouldn't be suitable for permanent motion, especially not at those high speeds.
2. Even if sharks need to keep moving, that doesn't mean they will move at their top speed all the time. Quite the opposite in fact. This only makes it more likely you are not capable of swimming all the way there.
Alright then I'll have him sleep underwater, some sleeping fish move in their sleep by the way, I'll specify how long it took for him to get there as well to make it sound like it makes more sense

Alright then I'll have him sleep underwater, some sleeping fish move in their sleep by the way, I'll specify how long it took for him to get there as well to make it sound like it makes more sense
I still don't think that would work. You'd still need food, you'd obviously be carrying clothes, not to mention staying in the mainland itself would be an issue if you swam all the way.

More importantly, as I've already expressed, your character swimming from an island to the mainland just like that breaks some 20 laws.

I still don't think that would work. You'd still need food, you'd obviously be carrying clothes, not to mention staying in the mainland itself would be an issue if you swam all the way.

More importantly, as I've already expressed, your character swimming from an island to the mainland just like that breaks some 20 laws.
Then tell me what I need to do? I'm unfamiliar with laws that don't involve my own country and state, as for food, dude he's a shark, if he gets hungry he only needs to spot a fish, attack it and eat it. If he's still hungry he can attack another and eat it and so on. Food isn't an issue when you resemble the alpha predator of sea as well as the fact the ocean houses many kinds of living organism that can be eaten raw or cooked.

Actually I'll just hve him book passage with one of the import boats

I don't know why I always feel the need to debate when it comes to you XD then again I don't know why I didn't think of the boat thing, probably cuz I wanted something to compliment his quirk, oh well.
Maybe it's cause I'm one of the few people that CAN be argued with. I'm in that spot where I'm neither gonna just accept anything nor will I not give you a chance to speak up and consider what you have to say, even if I end up saying no nonetheless.

Maybe it's cause I'm one of the few people that CAN be argued with. I'm in that spot where I'm neither gonna just accept anything nor will I not give you a chance to speak up and consider what you have to say, even if I end up saying no nonetheless.
Respectable, probably one of the reasons why I can debate with you and harbor no ill feelings afterwards honestly

"Eh? An inspiring catchphrase? I dunno about that..."
  • 6322dd645842be48c9b9222dab156e63.jpg
    Name:
    Tokihana Ellion

Nickname:
    Toki

Extra Class:
    General Studies

Height:
    5'6"

Weight:
    127lbs

Last edited:
N/A - Hasn't thought about it yet
You can put this in the secret system, but not putting anything is not allowed.

Not something she chose herself it has a professional feel to it as it was designed and given to her by her mother.
No, the PSA supplies students with their hero costumes and does not permit bringing items like that into the school.

Personal Shield - Toki's Quirk isn't one specific quirk but rather a union of two different quirks. She inherited Shield Generation from her Mother. This allows her to create a specific type of shield from her own body. Like others with this style of Quirk she has have access to her skin in order to conjure forth her shields which is an underlying reason for her costume's design. Her mother was capable of summoning up to six shields at a time, however Toki is only able to bring forth two at the moment. The shields are large, standing six feet tall and shaped in such a way that allow them to function as oversized swords.

The second portion of her quirk comes from her Father. From him she was gifted with Inanimate Control which gives her the ability to control inanimate objects without actually touching them directly (although she has to touch them with her hand at least once before she can manipulate them). Manipulating objects puts a strain on her with the heavier the object the greater the strain and the more concentration and stamina she needs to maintain her control. As a result of this combination of quirks she can summon forth her shields and manipulate them around her. However the effort of manipulating both shields makes her a rather immobile fighter as she finds it exceptionally difficult to maintain her control while moving around herself. She can mitigate this greatly by focusing only on one shield allowing her to diversify her kit in combat somewhat.
Rejected. These two effects are entirely separate and (not to mention basically both taken, but that's not as important), you CANNOT have two quirks and this whether it's called that or not, IS two quirks.

orn to Alestri and Emikou Ellion she was one of the countless children birthed from political unions.
You mean quirk marriages?

Beyond all that she seems exceptionally unmotivated about the whole hero thing. While everyone else is doing their best to achieve their dreams she seems as if she's merely coasting along.
The PSA entrance exam involves starving, thirsting, exhausting and sleep depriving the students for 19 hours, while having them do exercise and a written exam. Then the real test begins and given this is the first one, there was massive amounts of competition.

While I like the idea of variety, looking at your backstory it just doesn't seem enough to justify your character having the capacity to join the PSA if she wasn't motivated to.

Putting that aside though, your character's personality is lacking in serious flaws. Please add some.

You can put this in the secret system, but not putting anything is not allowed.

No, the PSA supplies students with their hero costumes and does not permit bringing items like that into the school.

Rejected. These two effects are entirely separate and (not to mention basically both taken, but that's not as important), you CANNOT have two quirks and this whether it's called that or not, IS two quirks.

You mean quirk marriages?

The PSA entrance exam involves starving, thirsting, exhausting and sleep depriving the students for 19 hours, while having them do exercise and a written exam. Then the real test begins and given this is the first one, there was massive amounts of competition.

While I like the idea of variety, looking at your backstory it just doesn't seem enough to justify your character having the capacity to join the PSA if she wasn't motivated to.

Putting that aside though, your character's personality is lacking in serious flaws. Please add some.

Hmm... I read through all the information and nowhere did it say PSA was vastly more difficult and strict than UA. I based most of my stuff on UA, such as the costume, the lack of hero name, the entrance exam. From everything I read PSA wouldn't be any more exacting than UA would be. It doesn't say anywhere that they'd go through Navy SEAL training or that the school would provide them their costumes (doesn't that kind of defeat the point of heroes?). I'm not against changing these but you really should write these things down. Doesn't really do any good if I don't know any of this stuff when I make my character since, like I said, all of this was based on knowledge of the anime/manga.

As for having two quirks, it's part of the quirk marriage that I mentioned in my CS. Those were exceptionally common. But if that's not sufficient I can just merge them into one quirk where she controls the shields. There aren't really that many quirks like that in Academia so I figured it better to split them than making them one quirk, as explaining two quirks is much easier in the setting.

Lastly, she already has plenty of flaws in her personality. Anything more would make her a basket case. Most people don't have immense emotional baggage in life. She's already socially awkward with her apathy that she doesn't care if she hurts someone's feelings. Her refusal to keep her thoughts to herself means she wouldn't hesitate to jab you when you make a mistake. I mean, I honestly don't know what kind of flaws you'd want to see that wouldn't make her some tragic heroine. Most of the characters in the manga don't have anything that can be qualified as a "serious flaw" either. They're just normal kids. And that's what my character's suppose to be, a normal kid with a pushy mom.

Hmm... I read through all the information and nowhere did it say PSA was vastly more difficult and strict than UA. I based most of my stuff on UA, such as the costume, the lack of hero name, the entrance exam. From everything I read PSA wouldn't be any more exacting than UA would be. It doesn't say anywhere that they'd go through Navy SEAL training or that the school would provide them their costumes (doesn't that kind of defeat the point of heroes?). I'm not against changing these but you really should write these things down. Doesn't really do any good if I don't know any of this stuff when I make my character since, like I said, all of this was based on knowledge of the anime/manga.
Well, it IS written down. The entrance exam is written on the IC, and the costume thing is both in the lore and mechanics, where it is stated that the PSA limits items that enter and specifically that they provide you with your hero costume and new parts are bought in it's shop.

As for the hero name, your character doesn't need to have decided on one, but I need to OOC be given one. I can't approve what I don't know.

As for having two quirks, it's part of the quirk marriage that I mentioned in my CS. Those were exceptionally common. But if that's not sufficient I can just merge them into one quirk where she controls the shields. There aren't really that many quirks like that in Academia so I figured it better to split them than making them one quirk, as explaining two quirks is much easier in the setting.
Quirk marriages can't produce two entirely separate effects.

My apologies if I am mistaken, but I will assume for the rest of my answer in this post that you got the idea of two separate effects from Todoroki. Ice and fire. However, Todoroki's quirk mix is still a singular effect. He simply controls temperature, which on side allows him to freeze, on the other side allows him to burn, but this is the application of the quirk, not the actual effect. The temperature control is the effect.

In other words, your quirk cannot have two separate effects. It can have one effect with various applications, indeed, but various it can't.

Lastly, she already has plenty of flaws in her personality. Anything more would make her a basket case. Most people don't have immense emotional baggage in life. She's already socially awkward with her apathy that she doesn't care if she hurts someone's feelings. Her refusal to keep her thoughts to herself means she wouldn't hesitate to jab you when you make a mistake. I mean, I honestly don't know what kind of flaws you'd want to see that wouldn't make her some tragic heroine. Most of the characters in the manga don't have anything that can be qualified as a "serious flaw" either. They're just normal kids. And that's what my character's suppose to be, a normal kid with a pushy mom.
I didn't say make a drama queen I said add serious flaws, AKA flaws your character can actually FAIL over. That's the point of flaws. If you are still confused about this, though, it'll take some time but I can go and search for my complete description of what I consider a serious flaw. It's somewhere in the character section...

Well, it IS written down. The entrance exam is written on the IC, and the costume thing is both in the lore and mechanics, where it is stated that the PSA limits items that enter and specifically that they provide you with your hero costume and new parts are bought in it's shop.

As for the hero name, your character doesn't need to have decided on one, but I need to OOC be given one. I can't approve what I don't know.

Quirk marriages can't produce two entirely separate effects.

My apologies if I am mistaken, but I will assume for the rest of my answer in this post that you got the idea of two separate effects from Todoroki. Ice and fire. However, Todoroki's quirk mix is still a singular effect. He simply controls temperature, which on side allows him to freeze, on the other side allows him to burn, but this is the application of the quirk, not the actual effect. The temperature control is the effect.

In other words, your quirk cannot have two separate effects. It can have one effect with various applications, indeed, but various it can't.

I didn't say make a drama queen I said add serious flaws, AKA flaws your character can actually FAIL over. That's the point of flaws. If you are still confused about this, though, it'll take some time but I can go and search for my complete description of what I consider a serious flaw. It's somewhere in the character section...

Read up on the exam, it said to read all the attached threads first so I didn't think of reading IC since I wasn't approved yet. Seems a bit extreme to me when all UA students had to do is some hero test, but even so I don't think that would go against my character. She isn't in this for herself, but because she has no other choice. So even if it's difficult it's not like she can just quit, although I'd have to change the fact that she couldn't get into UA but can somehow get into a harder school. If anything I think this is actually a good thing since it gives her further reason to dislike the idea of being a hero. As for the costume, I still can't find anything about the school assigning them. Only mention I can find in mechanics is upgrading them but not that the school assigns them.

I'm thinking we're talking about two different things in regards to the costume. I'm talking about the actual hero costumes, like the ones they wear in certain training exercises, the one Deku's mom made for him. I feel like you're talking about their training outfits that they used during the tournament. Doesn't make any sense to me otherwise that the school would assign costumes since costumes are all about individuality and expressing the hero. Skimming over other CS' it seems like the costume portion is for the future, as even your CS' says "soon to be", in which case I'll change mine accordingly.

As for the quirk, your explanation makes sense. What if I change it so that it's only one quirk where she can conjure up the shields and control them but only them because they're a part of her?

Lastly, for the personality I would actually appreciate a quick summary of what you're looking for. When I make a character's personality I'm heavily influenced by real life. And in real life people don't have a fatal flaw that would make them fail. I think of all my friend's and family's personalities and none of them have anything as serious as I'm inferring from your posts. They're just normal people, so I try to make my characters normal people. And normal people don't have some crippling fatal flaw. So I could definitely use some input on this one.

I'm thinking we're talking about two different things in regards to the costume. I'm talking about the actual hero costumes, like the ones they wear in certain training exercises, the one Deku's mom made for him. I feel like you're talking about their training outfits that they used during the tournament. Doesn't make any sense to me otherwise that the school would assign costumes since costumes are all about individuality and expressing the hero. Skimming over other CS' it seems like the costume portion is for the future, as even your CS' says "soon to be", in which case I'll change mine accordingly.
Nope, it is the hero costume they wear in the training exercises. You get to design your hero costume, but the PSA won't allow people to bring them from outside the school. This is because a different regulation might allow a student to bring a costume made with resources the others just don't have access to, giving them an edge that could overlook real ability.

Read up on the exam, it said to read all the attached threads first so I didn't think of reading IC since I wasn't approved yet. Seems a bit extreme to me when all UA students had to do is some hero test, but even so I don't think that would go against my character. She isn't in this for herself, but because she has no other choice. So even if it's difficult it's not like she can just quit, although I'd have to change the fact that she couldn't get into UA but can somehow get into a harder school. If anything I think this is actually a good thing since it gives her further reason to dislike the idea of being a hero
Hero test which involved fighting deadly robots. The PSA seeks to have students who are prepared for adversity, while accounting for the fact the students are not likely to be strong enough to be in UA.
While I see that your character wouldn't just quit, I don't see how she would keep up with the competition if she's unmotivated. Afterall, the PSA has the fame of having been indorsed by the UA, this is their first entrance exam, there are a TON of students coming.

As for the quirk, your explanation makes sense. What if I change it so that it's only one quirk where she can conjure up the shields and control them but only them because they're a part of her?
That could work, yes. From there, the problems shouldn't be conceptual anymore and we can move to the specifics.

Lastly, for the personality I would actually appreciate a quick summary of what you're looking for. When I make a character's personality I'm heavily influenced by real life. And in real life people don't have a fatal flaw that would make them fail. I think of all my friend's and family's personalities and none of them have anything as serious as I'm inferring from your posts. They're just normal people, so I try to make my characters normal people. And normal people don't have some crippling fatal flaw. So I could definitely use some input on this one.
No, people in real life have flaws that would make them fail, everyone has. The difference is, there is no pupetteer in real life. There isn't anyone who can read things from someone else's perspective like that, or influence things in a person's favor such that life goes their way even if they screw up, if you get what I mean. Characters need a slight exageration of flaws (do note the word slight) because small nuances aren't as impactful in a story as in real life.

But I'll get you that summary. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to be looking for it right now (heck, I should have already gone back to studying...), so I'll have to put you on hold till Friday.

Nope, it is the hero costume they wear in the training exercises. You get to design your hero costume, but the PSA won't allow people to bring them from outside the school. This is because a different regulation might allow a student to bring a costume made with resources the others just don't have access to, giving them an edge that could overlook real ability.

Hmm, fair enough. I'll say that's the design her mother came up with and submitted to the school then.

Hero test which involved fighting deadly robots. The PSA seeks to have students who are prepared for adversity, while accounting for the fact the students are not likely to be strong enough to be in UA.
While I see that your character wouldn't just quit, I don't see how she would keep up with the competition if she's unmotivated. Afterall, the PSA has the fame of having been indorsed by the UA, this is their first entrance exam, there are a TON of students coming.

As long as she passes the requirements I don't see any reason why she couldn't get in even if she doesn't want to. I draw this heavily from my own childhood where my dad forced me into football. I absolutely hated it, but I still got on the team. Hating it doesn't prevent you from meeting the requirements. Just means you hate doing it. So she passes the requirements because she has to, not so much because she wants to.

That could work, yes. From there, the problems shouldn't be conceptual anymore and we can move to the specifics.

Ok, what specifics did you have in mind? Because I view the quirk as pretty simplistic. She has a pair of shields that float around and either whack people or block attacks. It's so simple that I couldn't even think of special moves since she's basically just smacking people with a big glorified bat rofl.

No, people in real life have flaws that would make them fail, everyone has. The difference is, there is no pupetteer in real life. There isn't anyone who can read things from someone else's perspective like that, or influence things in a person's favor such that life goes their way even if they screw up, if you get what I mean. Characters need a slight exageration of flaws (do note the word slight) because small nuances aren't as impactful in a story as in real life.

But I'll get you that summary. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to be looking for it right now (heck, I should have already gone back to studying...), so I'll have to put you on hold till Friday.

Yeah, I'm just not seeing this. I mean sure people have failed at times in their life but I can't say it was for any real quantifiable personality trait. Bad decision making or something, but nothing I could really work into a RP character sheet. So I'll make the necessary changes to my CS while I wait for you to get back to me on this, because I just can't see it on my own.

As long as she passes the requirements I don't see any reason why she couldn't get in even if she doesn't want to. I draw this heavily from my own childhood where my dad forced me into football. I absolutely hated it, but I still got on the team. Hating it doesn't prevent you from meeting the requirements. Just means you hate doing it. So she passes the requirements because she has to, not so much because she wants to.
As I said, the matter is competition. You don't just meet the requirements- you have to meet the requirements BETTER than those that don't pass, which given the mass of people coming means you need to put quite a bit of effort into it. You need to at least give your character a strong carrot to put that effort into the exam.

Ok, what specifics did you have in mind? Because I view the quirk as pretty simplistic. She has a pair of shields that float around and either whack people or block attacks. It's so simple that I couldn't even think of special moves since she's basically just smacking people with a big glorified bat rofl.
Formation speed, movement speed, range of movement and forming, shield size, shield types, shield durability, shield weight, velocy while carrying the shields, throwing distances, force in manipulation, only self-manipulation or also external manipulation, defintion of shield, among others.

Yeah, I'm just not seeing this. I mean sure people have failed at times in their life but I can't say it was for any real quantifiable personality trait. Bad decision making or something, but nothing I could really work into a RP character sheet. So I'll make the necessary changes to my CS while I wait for you to get back to me on this, because I just can't see it on my own.
Whenver you make a decision, your personality takes a heavy influence upon it. Favoring one option over the other is first and foremost a culmination of your trait's influence. Arrogance might lead you to take on challenges beyond your ability. Greed may lead you to favor gaining something for yourself at the expense of your duty.
But you're right about one thing, it's not "a single quantifiable trait". It's the sum of various traits, mingling with various degrees of influence. But unlike real people, a writer's character can suddenly act against their whole being. A flaw not being strong enough of an influence and not having serious enough consequences of this makes it exponentially larger that that will happen.

As I said, the matter is competition. You don't just meet the requirements- you have to meet the requirements BETTER than those that don't pass, which given the mass of people coming means you need to put quite a bit of effort into it. You need to at least give your character a strong carrot to put that effort into the exam.

I still look to my own past experiences and don't see this as a problem. It's not like there weren't other boys who wanted on the team. Just do better than them. It's like the saying, you don't have to be the fastest you just have to be faster than the guy behind you. While a strong carrot can do that, a strong stick can do it just as well. So this is one spot I wont budge on since I know from first hand experience that it can be done, and I like the idea of my character being lackluster about being a hero while surrounded by people who are truly chasing their dreams. You talk about personality flaws, well this is a flaw I really want to keep.

Formation speed, movement speed, range of movement and forming, shield size, shield types, shield durability, shield weight, velocy while carrying the shields, throwing distances, force in manipulation, only self-manipulation or also external manipulation, defintion of shield, among others.

A lot of these seem overly technical. I mean, I can try to extrapolate a lot of these but some of them just ain't possible, like shield durability. I can't really quantify a numerical value for the durability of a magical shield created out of someone's body lol. I'll try to include as many of these as I can in my touch-ups though.

Whenver you make a decision, your personality takes a heavy influence upon it. Favoring one option over the other is first and foremost a culmination of your trait's influence. Arrogance might lead you to take on challenges beyond your ability. Greed may lead you to favor gaining something for yourself at the expense of your duty.
But you're right about one thing, it's not "a single quantifiable trait". It's the sum of various traits, mingling with various degrees of influence. But unlike real people, a writer's character can suddenly act against their whole being. A flaw not being strong enough of an influence and not having serious enough consequences of this makes it exponentially larger that that will happen.

That's my biggest problem with it. I make a personality and I stick to it, it's very difficult to quantify a single, or even a handful of exaggerated traits that create a flaw. I always just RP according to what my character would do and if that leads to a flaw, so be it, but putting it into words before I even RP the character is something I have a real hard time with. I'll try to think of something before friday, otherwise I may very well have to rely on your summary.

A lot of these seem overly technical. I mean, I can try to extrapolate a lot of these but some of them just ain't possible, like shield durability. I can't really quantify a numerical value for the durability of a magical shield created out of someone's body lol. I'll try to include as many of these as I can in my touch-ups though.
That's my biggest problem with it. I make a personality and I stick to it, it's very difficult to quantify a single, or even a handful of exaggerated traits that create a flaw. I always just RP according to what my character would do and if that leads to a flaw, so be it, but putting it into words before I even RP the character is something I have a real hard time with. I'll try to think of something before friday, otherwise I may very well have to rely on your summary.

Well, that's how this RP is. Every bit of information must exist and be approved. All matters that would be fact, have to be fact ad priori. Coming up with things on the roleplay alone is a no-go. Then people are given perfect freedoom within these constraints and the constraints of the remaining rules. Doing complex and demanding things like this, with emphasis on a fixed structure that allows freedom within itself only, that's how I run my RPs.
If that's a problem with you, then this RP might simply not be for you. If you want, I can point you to a couple other BnHA RPs I know of that probably run things in a more normal and loose way than I do.
If you plan to stick around, however, then you best be ready to accept these walls and these demands of mine.

Ultimately it's your choice. I won't hold hard feelings against you, regardless of what it might be. I am well aware that my style of running things isn't the most popular, but I don't do things to be popular. I do them to make something worth my time. The first step for that, is a solid basis.

Well, that's how this RP is. Every bit of information must exist and be approved. All matters that would be fact, have to be fact ad priori. Coming up with things on the roleplay alone is a no-go. Then people are given perfect freedoom within these constraints and the constraints of the remaining rules. Doing complex and demanding things like this, with emphasis on a fixed structure that allows freedom within itself only, that's how I run my RPs.
If that's a problem with you, then this RP might simply not be for you. If you want, I can point you to a couple other BnHA RPs I know of that probably run things in a more normal and loose way than I do.
If you plan to stick around, however, then you best be ready to accept these walls and these demands of mine.

Ultimately it's your choice. I won't hold hard feelings against you, regardless of what it might be. I am well aware that my style of running things isn't the most popular, but I don't do things to be popular. I do them to make something worth my time. The first step for that, is a solid basis.

I'm going through and answering what can be answered. I don't mind laying out the specifics before hand, it's just sometimes it's simply not possible. I'm using real world science to get the numbers for most of the things you mentioned, so we'll see how it ends up when I'm done with the revisions.

I'm going through and answering what can be answered. I don't mind laying out the specifics before hand, it's just sometimes it's simply not possible. I'm using real world science to get the numbers for most of the things you mentioned, so we'll see how it ends up when I'm done with the revisions.
You don't need to use numbers, you can use comparisons or relative measures. For durability, for examples, how many hits of what would be necessary to break it?

You don't need to use numbers, you can use comparisons or relative measures. For durability, for examples, how many hits of what would be necessary to break it?

Hmm, alright. I can compare it to real world stuff in that case. However there's a few things in your list I don't understand. What do you mean by "force in manipulation" "velocity while carrying the shields" "self manipulation" "external manipulation" and "definition of shield". I can answer the rest, but I don't understand what you're looking for with these ones. Does the velocity while carrying mean how fast can she move while having the shields out? And I'm thinking the self/external manipulation is about whether only she can manipulate them or if others can? But I'm not sure.

"force in manipulation"
How hard can her shields hit while being manipulated

"velocity while carrying the shields"
How fast she can move while her shields are out. In retrospect, this one might not be necessary

self manipulation" "external manipulation"
Whether she can only manipulate the shields attached to her, if she can also manipulate shields not attached to her and if she can manipulate shields she didn't create

"definition of shield"
What exactly defines "shield" in this quirk. Depending on the defintion, the power and potential of the ability varies wildly. If it's a simple metal round plate, then it's not very powerful, but if anything that can serve as a shield can be created or anything vaguely shield-shaped, then you can probably see how that escalates quickly...

How hard can her shields hit while being manipulated

How fast she can move while her shields are out. In retrospect, this one might not be necessary

Whether she can only manipulate the shields attached to her, if she can also manipulate shields not attached to her and if she can manipulate shields she didn't create

What exactly defines "shield" in this quirk. Depending on the defintion, the power and potential of the ability varies wildly. If it's a simple metal round plate, then it's not very powerful, but if anything that can serve as a shield can be created or anything vaguely shield-shaped, then you can probably see how that escalates quickly...

A lot of those can be answered by the fact that she can't summon anything shield-like. I view it a lot like Dark Shadow, she has these specific shields and that's all she can create. Like having a 3d printer with only a single template loaded sort of deal. Those shields being the ones in the picture. So I'm basing everything on those shields. So she can only create two of those, she can only manipulate those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back