• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pathfinders - Honor of the Fallen

"Well, you'll have the daylight to mull it over. Unless you want to risk the sun..." - A feral howl echoes from outside as the light grows. "...And the children. of course. The weakest gather in nests made from the old ruins. The strongest rampage on the outskirts of the city. If you seek the mountains, to go through them, the only entrance within less than a week's travel I know of would be in the ore mine. A tunnel opens at the western corner of town. Many of my children expedited through there...I have noted that the lost children do not flee the city. It still puzzles me as to why..."

"...perhaps we should await the sun's descent as our host suggests, unless we have some magic that may protect against the sun." Shara-kier made a half glance at the wizard. "And... Mira is telling a truth in the matter, though we shouldn't fully assume they had gone the path of the elves we saw before, though... I have a feeling it is.. likely..." he aggreed... though the woman certainly gave him what could be colloquially called "the heebee jeebees."

"That aside, we also need to watch our supplies." he mentioned pointing to the fruit in his palm. "the forest, though the animals may have divulged into large ravenous creatures, may hold more things we can gather and gain sustenance from, not to mention water, since it seems once out of the city we shall have to fend against that sun."

He sighed, he didn't like going against half the group.. not to mention aggreeing with the woman who seemed more likely to slaughter puppies in the name of some abyssal god, but he should hold judgement for now as to not force himself to become biased in it. "Though... the arcanist may hold more knowledge on this situation, both seem to be equally good ideas to follow through with. Though I hate to ask this of you Roland, it is far to early for me to be asking favors, do you perhaps have any spells or magics that would help us see further into this world? I had heard of diviners that are capable of looking across worlds, or even planes. i understand if you need time, or do not have access to them... I loathe the thought of going into the world unprepared."

@TacoMann @SephirothSage @DarkDan1100 @JayTee

Roland shook his head. "Sadly, only a handful of spells allow for divinations at truly long range, and even then they require great risk or lengthy preparation, so I didn't feel particularly compelled to make a study of them. The spell I do know are focused on the more immediate area." He said.

"I see... that is fine, no one could have expected to be whisked off to a different plane. Sadly, I am not skilled in such matters myself... Unless being diplomatic shall open our way out of this." he chuckled slightly, silently hoping it would come to that... That this was a whole misunderstanding and that he would be able to talk their way out of here, along with his new druidic friend, should he want to leave.

"Regardless, we have until the morning, let us rest and prepare as we need to, even one hour of sleep can mean the difference in life and death. Should you require healing my friend here can assist with such." he took off his winged helm to let the angel flutter for a time on it's own, letting his head rest for a moment from under the cassisian's dominance over it's perch. "Just be certain to ask nicely."

"I don't really need to sleep, or eat." Chase said with a shrug, "Maybe two hours if I'm tired." he admit with a careless air, not bothering to mention he could regenerate since he hadn't even gotten hurt in the last fight so it wasn't even a relevant point,

"By all rights I'm ready to go right now, but I can also stand guard if the rest of you need to sleep." he offered.

@Orikanyo @DarkDan1100 @JayTee @SephirothSage

As the sun rises outside, cries, screeches, and the occasional bits of a mangled dialect of Elven echo in outside with increasing frequency, until the hole seals shut. The Druid gives a calm wave of his staff, and the outline of a door forms where the church was entered. "...The children hunt out there much more viciously when someone has stirred them. They should calm by nightfall. Regardless. The largest of them dwell around the outskirts of the city. Should you head for the mountains or the forests, the danger shall grow as you draw away from this spire...." He says in a tempered tone.

The day carries on as long as you allow. Whether you wait for nightfall, or head out during the daytime, is your choice. Regardless, the occasional screech can be heard through the sealed metal. A thud. The gnarled elder sits, perched in his seat, un-moving unless approached. Drifting in and out of sleep. His wakefulness only alluded to by how his hands run along the living vines, which ever so slowly stretch about the wall. The long, curl-ended Willow branch he calls a staff sitting stock-upright.

"I'm ready, but we should choose a destination before we depart." Roland said with a wry smile.

"Did you two not just hear his warnings? Nor the screams outside? I had thought you may see this as it was, a small time of rest before we set out, yet you both are so eager to meet the more awake brothers and sisters of those we fought before.

Sit, relax, sleep, read, prepare! We have many trials before us regardless which road we take." he chastised the two for their impaitence, reminding them of the dangers the old man had just warned them about of the day time, and Shara'kier wasn't about to lable the man a liar.

"To end the debate of where we shall head, since settle the matter by introducing a fifth vote, lady luck." rummaging through his pockets he withdrew a single gold coin, looking towards the others.

"Heads mountains, tails forest, is everyone in agreement?"

"It seems reasonable enough." Chase agreed, he didn't bother to argue the point about being patient. When you had no need for long rests you tended to become bored of sitting around waiting for others to gather their energy. He wasn't a monk for nothing though, he'd wait for now.

Roland reached in to his back and brought out a gold piece. Heads, we go to the arcanists. Tails, the mystics." He said. With a flick of his thumb, he launched the coin in to the air, caught it, and displayed it for all to see.

OOC

1=heads, 2=tails

[dice]19853[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
Pocketing the coin, Roland looked to his assorted traveling companions. "It seems we will be visiting the arcanists, first." He said. "If there are any last minute preparations that need to be made, I suggest we make them soon. I have no intention of being stuck on this plane for any longer than necessary."

"Good enough, I have qualms against fending off possibly insane giants but we should be fine regardless, we'll find our way out." Shara-kier shrugged at his luck, but couldn't say otherwise, perhaps lady luck knew something he didn't...

or was simply wanting to get a kick out of them going to a dangerous place...

or maybe she just chose a side half heatedly and left them to their own devices...

lets hope its the first case.

"I am ready, but I recommend we wait for night fall as our friend warns, he knows this place better then us, and I'd like to save ourselves the trouble of having to cut a way through a horde of people who want to consume anything in their path, not so much a matter of resting."

"For you perhaps mira, but the more energy we have when the time comes to fight the true enemy, if there is one at all, the better, besides, you can sate your lust for battle on the things that truely lie in our way, i only hope we all decide on a route that has a less amount... but if i am out numbered in this, i am out numbered." the tiefling shrugged as he ran a hand through his hair, scratching his head.

"Could do with a bath when all this is said and done, scalding hot water to sooth the nerves. Not a thing in the world that can match it. Save for prayer, but the main difference in the temperature of the water." he chuckled for a moment, thinking on what to do when he gets out of here, better then ruminating upon their situation now, have hope for the future, and you shall find it easier to take the next step.

Mira shrugs at the paladin- and chuckles faintly. She leans back thoughtfully.

"I see better in the dark than I do in day, and it suits me better even if we do have to fight. I say move at night, personally- but I don't care about heat either. It matters little to me, though I do await battle most eagerly."

"Our host believes that traveling by nightfall would be best, and I have no reason to doubt his word." Roland said.

Chase shrugged, "Then we wait." he said simply, truthfully he didn't want to but it seemed his new party felt it was safest.

"Right then, it is settled. i wish you all sweet dreams, should you choose to sleep." Shara-kier wished them well before he went to sit and rest/nap for awhile, perhaps he shall be spared the nightmare they were facing for abit, or perhaps granted another in his dreams...?

[Rest until dark]

@JayTee @Orikanyo @DarkDan1100 @SephirothSage

The day passes slowly. Guttural howls echoing from outside, and the occasional sound of bloody violence. The druid spends the day slowly burning away the dead vines, the ashes scattering to the floor of the chapel. He calmly tends to the five living vines, and provides food and water should hunger or thirst overtake anyone. As the night comes, a thin chill from outside is briefly felt from the shift in temperature. The screams and howls have gone silent.

"I wish you well in your journey, children. I hope you find the answers you seek, and a way off this god-forsaken plane."

@TacoMann

With a deep bow of respect Shara-kier thanked the older man. "Thank you, I hope we do as well, I hope we can bring this world back to life again somehow, we are here for a reason, that is for certain." the man smiled and placed the Cassissian atop of his head once more, happy to feel it's divine glow warm him once again.

"Well then, are we all ready? Who knows what we shall find on our way, but we are to make way to those mines we spoke off, the quickest path if i remember."

Chase stood from his sitting position, stretching his limbs out to get the blood flowing, "I'll take point, I can probably move the fastest so I'll catch up easiest if we need to turn tail and run." he suggested simply.

"Careful not to get too far ahead of the rest of us." Roland said with a note of caution as he adjusted his uniform. "Even with the howls silenced, I'd prefer we not take unnecessary risks."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back