• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Passion in Education

Kiraan couldn't help but feel that this was her fault. She was stuck in a bind with no way out as all paths lead to her loosing her job and ruining her reputation. How had life suddenly turned much to complicated?

As Valory asked what they were going to do, the woman shook her head. "No, you aren't going to to anything. I caused this and... unfortunately... succeeded in dragging you into it." Lowering her head into her hands with a groan, Kiraan moved to her kitchen and looked around, finally locating some Ibuprofen that would help with the pain she was in. She realistically shouldn't be taking it with alcohol but it was all they had on hand. Ignoring this fact, she grabbed two pills and returned to where the woman lay with her glass of wine. "Here." She murmured, partially distracted by plotting a way to get herself, and Valory now, out of harm's way.

Life. Life.

Valory murmured thanks as she leaned her top half of her body up to reach out for the wine glass and pills. In one quick motion the young woman took the medication and leaned back once more. "Hey, you didn't drag me into it. He's always been a thorn on my side. It was about time that I pulled it out." Valory turned her eyes over to Dr. Vahdin and clearly saw how stressed the woman was at this point. Just recently she was about to lose her job and now Grant's become a problem. The thing is they didn't know where he was going to go with this. More than likely his parents but who other else? The young woman wished she could offer some advice to Dr. Vahdin, but she couldn't think of a way out of it.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Taking her glass after she had took the medication and setting it back upon the table, Kiraan returned to where the woman was on the couch and gestured for her to try and stand. "Come. You can sleep in my bed as I'm certain this couch won't do you any good. I'll sleep on it instead."

Life. Life.

Valory's eyes widened when Dr. Vahdin offered her bed to her, "Oh no I'm fine here! Really I am." She wished that her body would cooperate but as soon as she finished saying this she winced once more from stagnant pain on her back flaring up. The idea of a bed did sound nice. "Alright." Valory slowly managed to get herself up with little to no pain. She then stood up quickly thinking that most of her body was fine after a few minutes of rest, but an annoying ache greeted her when she stood up.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Helping the woman when she needed it, Kiraan lead her not too far through the small house and into her bedroom, it being somewhat clean for there only being one resident. Ignoring this and not bothering to turn on a light, she assisted in slowly easing the woman down onto the moderately large surface, it undoubtly being much more comfortable than the couch.

Life. Life.

The ache pestered her the whole way she walked to Dr. Vahdin's bedroom. Valory nearly threw herself onto the bed once she saw it. But bringing herself down slowly onto it was probably better. The young woman was so tired that she didn't think before she said, "Stay with me for a moment." But Valory would never know if the woman stayed or not for she instantly fell asleep when she fixed herself into a comfortable position.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As Valory asked her to stay before falling asleep, Kiraan sighed and moved to the other side of the bed, lying down so there was a decent amount of space between them. It took her a much longer time to fall asleep, her mind trying to process the events of that night. But eventually, she did.

Life. Life.

The sleep that Valory was in was one she had not had in a long time, peaceful. It could've been due to many things, that she recently fought someone, she drunk a lot, or that she was sleeping with another person. But when her eyes opened to natural light illuminating the room, Valory panicked a bit at first forgetting where she was or what had happened the night before. As soon as the memories of last night came flooding in she sighed and slowly leaned herself up feeling dull aches awakening in her body. She gave a slight hiss as she shifted her body. Her eyes looked around and spotted Dr. Vahdin sleeping on the bed as well, but at a fair distance. Valory was slightly confused when she saw her but realized that she had asked her to stay. To her it was surprising that the woman actually stayed by her side.

As quietly as she could manage, Valory stood up from the bed and made her way to the bathroom. it took a bit for her to find it, but when she did she opened the door and immediately saw inflammation around the area where Grant punched her. And it certainly did not look pretty. "Damn...it's like I have another head growing on me..." The young woman tidied herself up and walked out, making her way towards the living room. She stood there for a moment wondering what to do. It was Thursday so luckily she didn't have any classes that day.

Not fully awake or either she didn't care OR Valory was so hungry that instead of deciding to leave she walked over to the kitchen and searched through for a pan, and some eggs. Upon first look into the fridge she found it mostly empty, but a few eggs were still in the carton so Valory decided to go with a simple breakfast this morning. As if she was in her own home, Valory calmly made her way around the kitchen, cooking the eggs and doing her own thing. It wasn't until Valory turned towards the table did she realize what she just did. Her subconscious somehow managed to set out two plates on their own and two glasses filled with water. With the pan in her hand Valory saw that she had even cooked an amount for two people. "God...am I still drunk? What was I thinking?" she whispered to herself as she went through with her mind's plan and served the eggs onto the plate and began eating in silence while browsing through her phone, feeling an odd mixture of peace but a little nervous as well.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan was slow to wake to the sound of movement within her home. Groaning softly she first recalled what had occurred last night as a dream. But as she continued to wake up, turning on her side and seeing that not only was she sleeping on the wrong portion that she normally did, but that it was still had the sheets thrown back as if someone had still slept on that side. So she did invite Valory over for dinner last night which turned into an awkward as hell conversation before Grant arrived and threatened her only for the younger woman to step in and keep him off of her.

Slowly removing herself from her bed and trying her best to appear wakeful (although it wasn't doing much) she exited her bedroom and entered her kitchen, her eyes widening at the sight. "Well... this was unexpected..." Kiraan stated while taking a seat before the other setting, peering at the large swollen portion of her head, it not looking all that great. And she was bound to have bruises elsewhere as well. The guilt she felt from last night soon returned with a bit more force, the professor's face falling considerable as she looked away.

Life. Life.

Valory's eyes flew up when she saw a figure walking towards her. Dr. Vahdin had finally awaken. The young woman couldn't think of anything else besides, "Good morning. I hope you don't mind me using the kitchen. I was...uh very hungry." She watched as the other woman took a seat at the table, but saw her at first glance at Valory then away from her. Valory could tell how disheartened she felt from her expression. She didn't know what to do besides cracking a joke, "Goodness I know I have a bump but I didn't think it was that ugly."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Finally working up the courage to eat, she slowly began to do so, dismissing her worry with a slight nod. "You're fine... I wasn't sure I had anything that was edible left. " Falling silent one more, her expression then fell even more as she brought up the wound on her head. "Its my fault..." She muttered. "And now anything else that happens because of it will be as well." Leaning back in her chair she ran a hand down her face. Not looking at the woman still. "I'm sorry Valory, once again for causing all of this."

Life. Life.

This amount of apologies seemed familiar but why? Then Valory gave a slight nod when she understood that that was how she has been the past few days. She felt annoyed by the amount of apologies, the young woman was surprised that Dr. Vahdin had not snapped at her for the amount of forgiveness that Valory was asking for before. Valory though was not going to tolerate it. She leaned forward and grabbed one of Dr. Vahdin's hands hoping that would grab her attention for what she had to say, "Look you didn't cause all this. I'm the one who decided to fight Grant. I'm the one who has been butting heads with him. And really it's his fault for being a lousy student." Valory gave her hand a tiny squeeze before letting go.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan gave her a small, sad smile as Valory squeezed her hand, finally lifting her eyes up and looking at her, it fading all too quickly. "But he had came here for me and I didn't do anything to stop him... if it would've been worse..." She trailed of, expression turning rather grim as her mind began buzzing with many different 'what-if' scenarios.

Life. Life.

"It would've been worse if YOU tried to stop him. With me he can say all he wants but I'll just keep telling the world that it was a grudge I was holding against him. Almost anybody who knows me and him will believe it. In fact I bet people have been waiting for the day we fight, although all bets would've been on Grant..." Valory slowed her sentence to a stop at that point realizing she was moving off tangent. Her eyes watched Dr. Vahdin. So much seemed to be running through her mind. Her heart ached seeing how sad she was.

"Are you doing anything else today?" at this point Valory had settled her feelings, knowing that at this point Dr. Vahdin will only stay as her crush. The fight really helped her to let out all her feelings and now she wanted to help her in any way she could. And while she couldn't do much for the current situation concerning school, Valory wanted to at least help her take her mind off of it.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan fell silent as Valory spoke, knowing she was right. As she then asked if she was doing something today, the older woman shook her head. "No, my class was canceled today because they needed to use the room for something." Relaxing slightly as they had seemed to move on a little, she looked up once more and asked the question herself. "However, don't you have class today?" Not all that eager to see her go, seeing as she didn't have many others to turn to at the moment.

Life. Life.

"Nope!" Valory's eyes shined when she heard that Dr. Vahdin was free today, excited for what she had planned for them today. "Alright, I want you ready around 6. I know it's rather far off but it's better at night. Oh I can't wait for you to see it. Hopefully you like it," at this point Valory was shaking in her seat like an excited puppy. Quickly Valory gobbled up the rest of her breakfast and gathered her things, "Alright I have to go now and make sure my bike is good for tonight. Oh and be sure to wear something comfy, there's going to be some hiking involved." And with that Valory left in a rush to accomplish all the errands she needed to run before she came back tonight.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan couldn't get a word in as Valory beamed brightly, saying something about her being ready at six before rushing out the door. The smile on her lips grew a bit more as she chuckled with a sigh, so maybe their relationship wasn't as broken as she thought it was.

Finishing the eggs and cleaning up the mess from this morning and the night before, she was lost in thought about what she could possibly show her. After everything was cleaned up and put away, the woman then moved to the bathroom and got a glimpse of how bedraggled she appeared. But the time only read 8 AM so there was no use in preparing now. Slipping off her dress from the night before and something more comforble, she would fall back into bed after seeing an alarm, eager to catch up on sleep.

Life. Life.

Valory was like the energizer bunny that day. She rushed to get maintenance done on her bike, went back to her apartment and located the place, fixed her apartment a bit, tended to the many bruises on her body (not without some cursing though), and finally when she looked up to her clock it read 5:45. The last thing Valory packed up was a backpack with a large blanket and a flashlight. "Oh I need another helmet. Mmmm where did Rory put his?" Valory mumbled to herself as she scrambled through the closet until she located the helmet. When she had everything together, Valory left excited as she saw the sun making its way to the horizon.

The young woman swiftly pulled up onto Dr. Vahdin's driveway and made her way to the door, eagerly knocking on the door. This time she was wearing a dark red jacket with blank pants again and black hiking boots. Valory pulled off her helmet and took a deep breath not feeling as nervous as the previous times.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Waking at a reasonable time Kiraan had taken a shower, cleaned up a bit more, and finally waited as six ticked ever closer. Since Valory had told her there was going to be hiking involved, she had dressed in a simple jacket, t-shirt and jeans, not sure anyone had seen her dress so casually in quite some time.

Opening the door as the bell rang, she glanced the taller woman over with a slight grin. "Don't you seem excited." She mused while shutting it behind her.

Life. Life.

"You look cute," Valory blurted out when she saw Dr. Vahdin dressed so casually. But when she realized she said it out loud her hand went to her mouth and immediately mumbled, "Sorry." She cleared her throat then and handed Dr. Vahdin her helmet, "Here it'll be better if you use mine. I have an extra but it's a tad bigger than mine. Oh and would you mind wearing my backpack? It'd be easier if you could."

Valory walked over to her bike where she had Rory's helmet and backpack resting there. "Have you ever ridden a motorbike? If not then you're in for a ride! And don't worry about people seeing us, hardly anyone knows I own a bike or even ride one. It's one of the reasons why I have Rory drive me to school so that I can this baby a secret. And with the helmet no one can see us either," she was blabbing on still excited. Valory sat on the bike quickly putting on Rory's helmet and gesturing for Dr. Vahdin to come and sit behind her.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Kiraan's grin grew slightly as she blurted out her thoughts, almost to the point of laughing softly. As she handed her a helmet, she partially wasn't expecting to ride on the back of her motorbike, she nodded as Valory asked if she could carry her backpack, taking it from her when when would pass it along as well.

The younger woman's excitement was nearly infectious as she felt herself growing antsy as well. Slipping on her own helmet and adjusting the backpack on her back, she climbed onto the seat behind her, glancing around slightly nervously as she had never ridden one before. "Oh I'm sure we'll be fine." She replied, pretty sure the chances of them seeing anyone would be extremely slim.

Life. Life.

"You might want to hold onto something," Valory called out as she started the bike. The revving of the bike sent vibrations through her body. It had been a while since Valory had ridden her bike out for a long distance. Without another second to lose Valory backed up the bike then accelerated it once she reached the road.

The sun was slowly crawling towards dusk. The young woman sped up a bit once they were outside the city. Then came the slight incline of land as Valory made her way around the bottom of a mountain. At this point it seemed like she was heading no where but in fact she soon stopped on the side of the road. It was mostly a dead road, hardly anyone passed through there. Valory parked the motorbike and pulled off her helmet. "This is where we walk now. Luckily there's still the last rays of the sun to provide us light in the woods. I promise there isn't any dangerous creatures out here. You ready?"

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

A small cry escaped Kiraan's lips as Valory suddenly accelerated, subconsciously leaning forward and gripping onto her torso, more then surprised at the sudden burst of speed.

When they finally stopped, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, she had already climbed off after her, removing the helmet with rather curious expression. "As I'll ever be." She responded with a few humorous notes in her tone. Wondering what Valory had planned.

Life. Life.

"Great! This way then," Valory placed her helmet on the seat of the bike and began the trek to her secret place. There were some roots, dips, and mud to get through but the way the sun broke through the trees added a golden beauty to the scenery. Valory would look back ever so often to ensure that Dr. Vahdin was doing fine. Valory's eyes looked around in search of a familiar landmark. There she spotted the tree with a weathered, red ribbon tied around it. "Oh we're here!" she exclaimed walking over to the tree with the ribbon. She looked up to see how much more time till it was dark. "We got here early. But I guess it's also nice to see it in some sunlight at least," Valory then placed a hand on some shrub that was growing next to the tree. She pulled back the shrub like a door and said, "Welcome to my secret spot."

It was like the fictional spot in the novels where it was an enclosed field of flowers, but there it was bursting with colors of pink and white. Although the sun shining on the flowers made them appear orange and red rather than pink and white, almost appearing like a fire. Bugs flew around and birds were chirping their late songs. The place held a soothing atmosphere for any living creature.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Traipsing through the woods wasn't something she had been expecting, so she was a bit more hesitant than Valory, keeping up alright but not as fast as the young woman was. But finally when a tree with what appeared to be a faded red ribbon tied around it came into view, she fell silent as the she spoke. Then finally when she pulled back some of the shrubbery and the field of flowers came into view, her eyes widened considerably. It not appearing to be real. "Oh..." she breathed, not all that sure what to say to such a sight.

Life. Life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back