• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Partner Search

Hello there! I've had this storyline in mind for a while now, and I appreciate you checking it out. Now, it's an odd one, but I think it'd be a interesting; it revolves around the close, familial friendship developed between a morally not great but yet very gentle and loving woman and the young girl she kidnapped as a baby and raised as her own, and the woman's internal conflict as the girl's case is reopened and she struggles with doing what's right and doing what she wants. Before I get into the details of the storyline, please note: a. I generally write at least one, if not multiple, paragraphs per response, and would like you to do the same, and b. this roleplay could contain potentially triggering material such as mentions of infertility, kidnap, and mentions of crime, the latter two of which are not remotely acceptable in real life--I am not condoning them by making this, and don't interpret it that way. If you're capable of writing more than one paragraph every response and will not be deeply upset by such triggers, than please read the storyline, and if you're interested, feel free to message me!
("C1" refers to the character that you would be playing, and "C2" is the one I would be playing.)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
C1 had always been a woman of moral ambiguity. While gentle and compassionate by nature, she'd grown up in an unfortunate situation and had come to learn through experience that what should matter the most to her was her happiness, because there was no one to make her happy but her, and if something would make her happy, whether it was morally right or not really didn't matter. Throughout her youth she committed a multitude of small crimes, none big enough for her to serve serious jail time, and she loved it. However, as she aged, crime lost its thrill and she realized that she was rather lonely, with no close family or dear friends, and she decided that what would make her happy was a child. After trying a few times to get pregnant to no avail, she visited a doctor and was devastated to learn that she was infertile. Unable to bear a child of her own and lacking adoption as an option (after all, her crimes, though not serious, were in a large enough quantity that they'd prevent her from being considered a suitable parent), she stewed in jealousy watching happy parents with their children roaming the streets, going about their lives with their little rays of sunshine.

She hadn't really thought about it at the time, hadn't planned it or considered the consequences. She'd been sitting in the park, silently watching from afar with envy twisting inside of her as a young mother came walking in with her children, a boy of about eight and a little girl who couldn't be any older than two. The mother had let the boy go over to the swings while she stayed with the girl in the sandpit, but upon hearing her son shriek ten minutes later, she left the girl alone for just a moment to go and check on him, maternal instinct kicking in and making her anxious despite the fact that there was very little that could have gone wrong. Before C1 knew what she was doing, she had crossed the park and scooped the little girl into her arms, hugging her to her chest and walking away as fast as she could without drawing attention to herself. She strapped the girl into her backseat and the girl didn't cry, simply stared at her with big, curious eyes. Able to hear sounds of distress starting somewhere behind her, C1 climbed into the front seat, and drove away without looking back.

It wasn't until about an hour later, when she was about ten minutes out of town and the first Amber Alert came over the radio, that C1 realized the weight of what she'd done. Heart dropping, C1 glanced at the child in the rear view mirror, quietly looking around the car and still not shedding a single tear. She considered turning around, dropping the kid off at the police station and speeding off before they could catch her, but after looking at the child for a moment longer, she knew she wouldn't be able to bring herself to do it. She'd wanted child, hadn't she? And now she had one, an adorable little girl all of her own. The mother at the park had her son, anyway, and who was to say she couldn't just have another daughter? What would one disappearing really do? Deep down, C1 knew that it wasn't a good way to think, that the loss of a child would be traumatizing no matter how many other children the parents had or how many they could have, but it made her feel less guilty to use that sick logic, so she convinced herself it was true and drove off with the stolen child in the backseat.

Eventually, C1 settled down in a distant town, naming the child C2 and fabricating a story. Much to C1's surprise, everything went...perfectly. No one questioned her, not for a moment. When she arrived in town, claiming to be a recently divorced young mother who'd found herself unable to live in the same town as her awful ex-husband, everyone believed her. She bought a pretty little house on a nice little suburban street, she became friends with all the other mothers who lived in the neighborhood, got a steady job that she liked, and the best part? She raised C2, and C2 loved her. Besides a few questions that any child would ask--"Why don't I have a daddy? Why don't we look like each other? Why don't you have pictures of me as a little baby?"--C2 never doubted that C1 was her mother, and why would she? C1 loved her more than anything in the world, pampered her in every way she could, and treated her like a little angel, sent to earth to bless those around her with her presence. For nine years they lived this flawless life, and then one afternoon, while cooking dinner for the now eleven C2, C1 heard on the news that they'd re-opened the case looking for C2.

Her heart stopped, and she was quick to turn it off before C2 came downstairs. From that point on, she was paranoid, feeling as though everyone was watching her, evaluating her, forming suspicions and doubts, and it appeared that her fears were not unfounded. The only real distinguishing traits they could use for any child that could be the missing baby was a birthmark near her collarbone, and apparently, someone had called in anonymously and mentioned that C2 had a birthmark that resembled the one the baby was described as having, as well as matching the age the baby would now be. C2 had no choice but to let the policeman in as he assured her that it was probably nothing and he just had to be certain, but then took the opportunity to slam the pot she had been scrubbing into the back of the man's head when his back was turned. C2, drawn by the commotion, was understandably afraid, but C1 assured her that the man had wanted to hurt them and told her that they couldn't stay anymore, ordering her to pack a bag and be in the car in ten minutes time.

Yet again, C1 found herself running from the law with C2 buckled in the backseat. They traveled from town to town, spending one or two nights in motels before taking off again, but C1 knows they can't keep up this life forever. While they were on the upper side of middle class and had a fair bit of money, they'd run out eventually, and she knew this wasn't the life C2, so innocent and trusting that she never doubted that C1 orchestrated the sudden shift in their lifestyle for her own good, deserved. If she wanted to give C2 the life she deserved, she'd turn herself in, let C2 be returned to the family she rightfully belonged to, a family that could provide for her and give her all the love she could ever want. But I love her, she tells herself desperately while C2 sleeps in the backseat, They'll never love her like I do. She's being selfish and she knows it, clinging to C2 because she wants to keep the child she raised in her life, desperate not to lose the only person who ever genuinely loved her, but is the knowledge of how wrong what she is doing is be enough for her to overcome her selfishness and return C2 her real family?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back