• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Partner Search (pkmn, lupin III, lgbtq+, ocxcc, ccxcc, doubling)

crackedbat

❀✿❀
Hi. I am 2 years late to the party, but I was wondering if anyone out there still has a desire to roleplay Legends Arceus (or something adjacent). As of March 2024 I also added Lupin the Third as a craving (sad).

Quick facts about me: I'm over 25 now, he/they, EST, and I am looking for partners over 20. You must be LGBT+ friendly, as for my end I usually want to play gnc characters in M/M ships. For doubling, I am OK with any type of pairing, but just be aware that you are likely writing M/M in exchange. I would consider myself literate, I suppose, and I'd like a partner who has decent spelling/grammar and is OK with about 300-600 words per post. I can write more when the situation calls for it, but usually I prefer a snappier pace.
I might reply once or twice a week or more depending on my schedule, but I am down for chatting OOC as well.
I prefer talking a bit in PMs first before I give out my Discord, but I'm either roleplaying on here in PMs or on Disc probably.
I am chronically ill, dealing with healthcare, and also job hunting and freelancing - so I'm busy. I would prefer a partner who isn't pushy and I'm ghost-friendly, though I won't be upset if you tell me you've lost interest. I know looking for RP partners is usually a struggle, though......
Also, I don't use face claims, I like to draw my own OCs. If I mention wanting to write an OC in this post, chances are they already have a profile and design made. I like to chat about OCs too, and I will doodle them maybe.

Lupin III: I've watched a lot... a lot of Lupin. I am most familiar with Part 2 though, honestly, and Part 4 and 5 (and especially 6) are kind of... uh... not sticking in my brain too much. So, I don't know a lot of modern "lore." AWCFM is a whole fever dream to me too. Sorry if that might bother you. I'm okay with making stuff up though. The continuity is pretty fast and loose.

Unfortunately I'm basic and I'd like to play an OC against Jigen. I can try to write almost anyone for you in return, and yeah that includes Jigen too. Background polygang is fine, canon/canon stuff can be included or not included, or we can just write that. I'm most partial to writing Jigen/Lupin or Fujiko/Goemon in that case.

Pokemon: I mostly want someone who is willing to play Ingo for me. This can be in the Legends Arceus universe, or Black and White, or other games/regions if you want to plot about it. I'm looking for romance! I'm not good at committing to slow-slow burns but it doesn't have to start out ship-y, but that's the way I'd like it to go.

I'll double for you. Just ask, there are a ton of characters. Too many to list. I'll admit I am most familiar with Gens 4 through 9, Gen 1-3 are a bit tricky for me because I didn't play them much. However, I won't RP any adult/minor ships or anything else like that. And yes, I've played Scarlet/Violet, Teal Mask and Indigo Disk. I just haven't gotten to the epilogue yet. Also, I will not do any anthro Pokemon RP or Mystery Dungeon stuff - I'm not familiar/interested.

Anyway, on the off chance someone out there is interested, even if you see this thread later on down the line, send me a PM. I don't check this website super frequently, but I do have notifications on, so I should see it. Please introduce yourself and give me an idea of what you'd like to write, I'm less likely to respond otherwise.

I'll stick some writing samples here. I write in either third person past or present tense, if you prefer one over the other you can let me know.

The night is cold and dark when Aquilo walks away from his teammates for the last time. It’s the kind of awkward and bitter cold that eats at him through his gaudy spandex racing kit, and he wishes he brought a thicker coat. The cardigan around his shoulders is limp and flaps easily against the unforgiving Lacunosan winds.

In that moment he hates this town, and he hates his ex-teammates, hates the red-hot knife they stuck in his stomach and twisted for good measure. He hates cycling, he hates the blotchy heat in his face and the lump in his throat. He hates the humiliation and he hates himself. All of it, really. It could all be blown to smithereens for all he cared, by Kyurem itself if it wanted.

He’s screwed.

Aquilo doesn’t go home; he doesn’t feel like explaining things to his father. Or, Arceus forbid, his mother. What’s he supposed to say, anyway? Career ruined, not a big deal. Because I really thought he liked me. He said he wouldn’t do this. It wouldn’t be a thing but now it is. It’s a cliche, it’s an embarrassment. It’s not happening. So he walks all the way to the podunk train station on the outskirts of Lacunosa, where there is absolutely nobody at this hour, and buys the first ticket he’s offered by the confused and over-eager attendant at the gate.

The train ride is silent, and not as freezing as sulking around outside, which is nice. But it’s dull. Aquilo doesn’t check his phone - can’t. He already knows what he’ll see and he won’t like any of it. He didn’t bring any books, either, or anything like that. So his eyes dart around anxiously, for any sort of distraction, and come up short.

Tonight sucks.

Aquilo steps off the platform three stops later, in Nimbasa, where the stations are always busy. Suddenly he’s filing into a crowd and it’s almost too much all over again. There’s bodies on all sides of him and ambient chatter that throbs in his skull like a fledgling migraine. But it’s a distraction, at least, from whatever the hell else.

Though eventually he gets lost, and the crowd thins out until he’s alone in an empty tunnel and feeling queasy. Aquilo walks towards one of the big maps they have posted around, as if he can make sense of it. He never uses the subway - something his cousins have called him stuck-up for often enough - so how would he know where anything is? Or even where to go next? He hadn’t started this with a plan.

By the time Grimsley plucked his phone from his nightstand and listened to the recording, he blinked the malaise out of his eyes and stared up at the vaulted ceiling of his bedchambers with a weight on his heart. Ten years, he thought, followed by another strange flutter in his chest. As a fresh-faced twenty-something, the idea of such a milestone would have elated him beyond words.

Though, as circumstances would have it… the League, and his life as he knew it, now felt on the precarious precipice of total upheaval now that he approached thirty-something.

Grimsley let out a sigh and raked his hair out of his face. The day seemed destined to be an over-long one from its outset. He slunk out of his bed like a long shadow and sauntered over to his wardrobe. Liepard stretched and rose from the throw rug in the center of the room and padded over to him, then gave him a few encouraging nudges with her head.

“Thanks, girl,” he said, and scratched her behind the ears in turn. “I’m gonna need all the help I can get.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back