• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Partner and coGM search

Zaxs

Immortal Bait
Hello there! I go by Zaxs usually. Now, this search is going to be a little bit different as I am not looking for a roleplay with one person, I am searching for a partner to help me create a world that we could share with other people. I would still enjoy roleplaying with someone, though this will take up most of my priority as I have had this idea for a while and I have wanted to make it into something for a small group of people to enjoy. So now that you got an idea of what I want to achieve, let me describe the world I want to create a bit more in detail.

Magic has always existed in the world, though no one knew how to use it until one person came along and discovered the first bit of magic that laid dormant, elemental magic being the first discovered. This discovery led to so many new things, it lead to greater advancements in construction and technology. With people being able to control the elements, the world progressed much faster. Though it was gradual. The man who first discovered magic passed on the secret of magic to his family only at first. After a few years his family passed it on to their friends, and soon enough everyone knew how to use elemental magic in some way, shape, or form.

Because of magic now being open to the public, it became a new field of research as well. Everyone in this field experimented and study new ways to control magic and use magic, eventually, someones discovered a new form. They called it transformation magic, this form allowed for people to change and morph parts of their body, both internal and external, they were even able to transform some parts into elemental limbs. With this humans could make themselves into monstrous beasts and animals, or otherworldly beings. Now that magic was known to be able to do more than just control the elements new research was skyrocketing and anyone in the research field wanted to be the next big name for magic.

This lead to the discovery of Materialization magic, which allowed you to teleport or materialize objects into someones reach. It had other uses, such as forming objects from materials in the area. With this power, someone could transport things from great distances in mere minutes, it also allowed for people to take materials from around them and fuse them together in some ways, like making clay into bricks, making the construction of man-made technology even faster.

Another researcher discovered a new form of magic after a brutal and sinister war against another nation, he discovered purity magic which allowed him to heal others and himself. Though he was able to heal his own wounds, he was still not invincible. The man could only heal so much and the more he used this magic the less effective it got until he found time to restore his magical energy. It was also able to dispell other forms of magic, though this was limited. Purity magic also gave the ability to cure and heal certain ailments, it was even rumored to be able to reverse aging if someone put years into mastering this form of magic.

Another form of magic was Artillery magic it was discovered after people had made guns. It seemed pointless to create such a weapon when magic was involved, but it allowed people without much magical prowess to somewhat fight fair against more skilled users. Though one person thought of them as pointless still, because of this he practiced and tried to make a new form of magic which allowed people to shoot pure forms of magic like a bullet. He thought he could use it alongside his firearm, though there was no real way to do that. He also found it easier to make and fire these magical bullets from glyphs.

The discovery of new magic went silent for a bit until someone was able to discover a mysterious otherworldly plane, that housed beings and spirits. It was a place where humans do not exist and the person tried to reach this place any way he could, though to no success. This spirit world and the beings within it used to exist but not anymore, at least not physically. They are massive masses of magic with conscious thoughts. It was discovered how to bring beings from this plain to our realm, leading to servant magic. The way you connect to these creatures can be in a number of ways, dreams, ouija boards, meditation, astral projection, etc. Sometimes you find them and sometimes they find you, they can be drawn to you for a number of reasons that may be personal. Perhaps you're strong enough to use your magic as bait to lure one of them into making a contact with you. They usually form a contract with their owner, though some people are strong enough to force these beings to do what they command. Sometimes you can get lucky and find an artifact that belonged to said being when it was alive and use it as a medium to track them in the other world.

The last form of magic was discovered recently by an old man who found out a way to use magic as a type of force, so it is now known as Force magic. This magic allowed for people to control the force of gravity and polarity allowing for people to push and pull objects and even make them heavier or lighter. Though it could only be done once the user touched an object, though objects that were touched could also affect other objects they touched. It was an amazing discovery and so far there hasn't been any other forms of magic. But the world has grown so much and so fast due to humans effort to discover more magic and ways to use them.

That was just a list of all the magic classes that would be used in this world, the world itself will be set in a futuristic/modern setting. There will be many ways to discover and learn magic, such as looking it up on GetTube or learning from an ancestor, even going to the library and reading up on other peoples discoveries. These magical classes can be combined with others to form more unique forms of magic, such as using artillery magic with elemental to fire flaming bullets of pure magic. Though the classes will always be the same and you cannot use certain abilities from other classes unless you have learned how to use that magical class in some way. This will be monitored and will be going off a point system, where you can place a certain amount of starting points into any class you want, where you have invested your points it will determine your skill in said magical class. Like a low-level purity mage can only heal their own wounds, while a very high-level purity mage, might be able to reverse the effects of aging to a certain degree.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back