• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic (Social) OOC

Which Stories Are You Most Interested In?

• The Formation of Guild "Week"

• The Rise of the Group "PK Fire"

• The Circumstances of the Accused

• The Secrets of the Blackland

Results are only viewable after voting.
So here's a question I've just thought of. How are disabilities handled in game? Are they neutralised through certain processes, so that a blind person can see, or a lame person can walk? I ask because I think we all know some rich bastard has their disabled kid all sorts of hooked up.

Now I'm dying to find out D':   

I also reeaally want to see how you'll handle the mystery component of this plot. It seems like there are some further ideas being developed behind-the-scenes, so I'll just have to sit and wait ;;

Yeah. You have to love and be interested about your lore, but at the same time not be addicted to it. There will be those like you that want to know more, but will also be others that couldn't care less about this RP's full backstory. You have to be prepared for possibly not touching on any of the deep lore at all.

So if characters ask about certain parts of the lore IC, then sure, an NPC will enlighten them, but I'm not going to dump everything about this place from the get go. If characters want to know more, they'll ask about it themselves. Combat and Quest completion is where I'm certain most focus needs to go to.

@Pequeno Burraidh

That'll be up to the RPer. If you ask me, disabilities related to genes would persist, but ones coming from life events would not. But I'm not going to play judge on that

Yeah. You have to love and be interested about your lore, but at the same time not be addicted to it. There will be those like you that want to know more, but will also be others that couldn't care less about this RP's full backstory. You have to be prepared for possibly not touching on any of the deep lore at all.

So if characters ask about certain parts of the lore IC, then sure, an NPC will enlighten them, but I'm not going to dump everything about this place from the get go. If characters want to know more, they'll ask about it themselves. Combat and Quest completion is where I'm certain most focus needs to go to.

@Pequeno Burraidh

That'll be up to the RPer. If you ask me, disabilities related to genes would persist, but ones coming from life events would not. But I'm not going to play judge on that

So being blinded or maimed in 'game' happens, but you have the chance to have it fixed I'm sure, but being blinded irl or losing a limb would be more open to interpretation? Perhaps the system asks you. Like a person could want to make a neato prosthetic leg or arm in game so they keep their IRL missing limb, but someone who is, perhaps quadriplegic or paraplegic would choose to have their disabilities left behind so it doesn't affect them.

Also, what level of technology is used in the virtual world? Weaponry, transportation, housing? Is a it a mixture of eras, with modern housing and mobility, even clothing, but swords and bows for weaponry? 

Just a thought as to how the technology gets handled.

@Pequeno Burraidh

No, no. The interface links to your neural system, so if you have your hand cut off, it would not recognize that in-game. However, if your genes "read" you being born without a hand, you can play around with that.

Technology is modern-day.

The Stats part of the tutorial is finished! You can take a look and let me know if something is off or sounds weird. Maybe could be written a little clearer? A full explanation of them and testing of a battle is in the near future.

The Stats part of the tutorial is finished! You can take a look and let me know if something is off or sounds weird. Maybe could be written a little clearer? A full explanation of them and testing of a battle is in the near future.

I think referring to the stat centred around HP strength is a little confusing, strength in RPGs generally refers to damage dealt, I'd say that one would be better named vitality.

Also how does having that stat do two different things work? Is there going to be a Max HP strength and HP recovery strength "sub-stat"? 

I think referring to the stat centred around HP strength is a little confusing, strength in RPGs generally refers to damage dealt, I'd say that one would be better named vitality.

Also how does having that stat do two different things work? Is there going to be a Max HP strength and HP recovery strength "sub-stat"? 

Thank you. Cool. Was thinking same thing. Will change to Vitality.

The stat does two things, but you pick 1 of them to put the point in.  So if you have 5 points you can split that 5 up between them however you want. No maximums for anything. I highly doubt we'll get far enough to even consider that

@Danchou Tsubomi

Okay. My character loving and creating friend *faints*. Have any questions for me? Did you want to design a character sheet as well? Like a rough skeleton? Whatever character you create I will accept no matter what the background. What do I need to tell you to have everything you need?

@Borkus Lazorus

Hey to you. You can take a look around. Yes, it does look like a mess right now xD, but I promise there is a method to the madness. Slowly things will come together. Piece by piece. Any questions for me? Anything you have an idea you'd like to pitch in on?

@Danchou Tsubomi

Okay. My character loving and creating friend *faints*. Have any questions for me? Did you want to design a character sheet as well? Like a rough skeleton? Whatever character you create I will accept no matter what the background. What do I need to tell you to have everything you need?

[SIZE= 13px]yeah i can probably do something for the cs
it's going to be a bit bare bones at first though i'll add more and ask y'all for input if we feel like there need to be anything more/less

what sort of culture is the irl and game like? i don't know how to phrase this very well, but i guess i'm asking about their beliefs, taboos, mentalities...stuff like that?
(if you have specific countries in mind this can help a lot for the atmosphere and behaviors to come across)

also idk if this would be helpful but i feel like the movie summer wars would help us come up with ideas as it's focused on both real-life and a game
though it kind of lacks in fantasy elements, i think[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]yeah i can probably do something for the cs
it's going to be a bit bare bones at first though i'll add more and ask y'all for input if we feel like there need to be anything more/less

what sort of culture is the irl and game like? i don't know how to phrase this very well, but i guess i'm asking about their beliefs, taboos, mentalities...stuff like that?
(if you have specific countries in mind this can help a lot for the atmosphere and behaviors to come across)

also idk if this would be helpful but i feel like the movie summer wars would help us come up with ideas as it's focused on both real-life and a game
though it kind of lacks in fantasy elements, i think[/SIZE]

No specific culture. You can make anyone from anywhere. Follow your heart's content.

And when you have a chance, tell me about that movie. I see it is VR but what about the plot? There is something done already, but if it clicks, I'm sure something can be added in.

No specific culture. You can make anyone from anywhere. Follow your heart's content.

And when you have a chance, tell me about that movie. I see it is VR but what about the plot? There is something done already, but if it clicks, I'm sure something can be added in.

[SIZE= 13px]got it
i'm gonna merge a bunch of real-life cultures as i feel like that sort of makes sense with the current situation

the plot is basically this guy accidentally letting an AI into this social network thing called OZ where you can do all sorts of things like businesses and gaming tournaments (which is kind of like what we have now) and the AI takes everyone's accounts and starts messing up everything since all sorts of services relied on OZ to function

idk if that really helps but i think the setting's helpful for coming up with ideas
i really can't think very well rn but i'm sure it can make new ideas?[/SIZE]

Im'ma be on the mocks for a while so I'm not gonna be able to contribute.

When I have free time, I'll suggest some things, aight?

@Danchou Tsubomi

Thank you very much for sharing. And take your time! This is nothing that needs to be rushed out right away. That clip was great. It looks like it'd be something good to take inspiration from. So we have 2 books and 1 move so far =P. I'd say that's good.

@Borkus Lazorus

Not a problem at all. Do your thing and come whenever you have time.

@Danchou Tsubomi

Thank you very much for sharing. And take your time! This is nothing that needs to be rushed out right away. That clip was great. It looks like it'd be something good to take inspiration from. So we have 2 books and 1 move so far =P. I'd say that's good.

[COLOR= rgb(102, 0, 255)]ah no problem
how far is this RP into the future, btw?
how easy would it be to access some of earth's older files online (just like music, pictures, videos, games...etc., stuff like that)? 
and can my character be like a part-time customer service person? 
specifically someone who has to deal with complaints, petty disputes, and stuff like that
kind of like a mod but without having power sort of thing?[/COLOR]

Alright. I'm done with the first of many mocks and I'm looking through this and wondering.....

- Is there a way to actually die for realsies other than Blackout. If Blackouts remove a piece of neurological code, does that mean dying over and over again can have some pretty siginifcant side effects and cause you to become a vegetable after dying hundreds of times? If so, this reminds me more of Log Horizon than Sword Art Online since it removes most of the stakes that if you die, you're dead forever. 

- This is some pretty Matrix stuff. So, the Code-Breakers pretty much remind me of the Blade Runners except less antiagonistic and more of a force for good. Also if all these people are stored Matrix style inside pods and fed food and so on. 

- If murder is not allowed in Residential Zones, then, why does the eventuality of murder happen at all in outside zones? If this Virtual World has existed for a period of time where people are okay with living in a virtual reality, then, why do they even bother going out of their residential zones? There's no stakes like Sword Art Online where they have to escape the virtual reality or find new resources or anything since it's created by them and under their control.

Okay. Other plot elements.

- I'm thinking a bit Ghost in the Shell about this. If people are under virtual reality and in helmets, there must be some sort of exploit to control their movements and so on, right? 

- Who is the government in this Virtual World Society? Are they the higher-tier Code-Breakers with the ability to shape the entire enviroment? Is there a admin? A owner? A moderator? 

- Adding to the above question, if PKFire does exist, wouldn't there be a simple way just to track their IP address or their code or something like that. It's all in a virtual enviroment. Unless the guy is a really shitty designer, you could be able to find every member of this group and eject them from Virtual Reality.

Okay. That's all for now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@Danchou Tsubomi

D-Danchou. The RP is modern times. It would be very easy to access Earth's older files. And yes your character can be customer service o.O. Once we get to the end of setting this up, I'll probably have her be something different, but for now go for it. That character would be perfect to have around.

Probably tomorrow I'll work on fixing up the introduction and placing general info in for you to see.

@Borkus Lazorus

1. Initially you won't be able to die for real. However, for plot-related reasons, later on it may be introduced that death becomes permanent. Who knows. But for now, no perma-death. Losing a bit of the neurological means the progress you make in VR is "reset" or "wiped". So let's say you make 500 bucks for building a road outside the city. Someone murders you? You lose that 500 bucks and a good bit of everything you own. Think of it at the beginning as a game of "Steal".

2. Yes. While I want it to look simple on the surface, for players choosing to go deep down, there will be many different themes, conflicts, ideas, and feelings taking place. What you point out is one of them. CodeBreakers aren't necessarily "good guys" just hired to do a job. People can log out to use the bathroom and clean themselves. They're not continually stuck in VR! There's just not much to do except VR.

3. It eventually happens because there are some bad apples. When you murder someone, you in a sense steal what they have, so that's the driving reason for that happening outside cities. Some murder for sport. Grudges. Some to steal what others worked hard for. The rest of your question leads into the plot. A few things I can say, is that the city we're RPing with here, is not the only city in VR. This is where multiple floors 7 regions come in. People still travel. Things are still taken from one place to another, and that will make up the bulk of the area quests. There will be other reasons coming up to worry about the outside too. Whether that's explored in this test. I can't say. But I don't want a lot of heavy things packed into this. I'm not even sure for how long this'll run.

Other Plot Elements

1. There could be in the future.

2. The governments of the world are working together on this. However, there's a group of scientists that came together to build the system. That's all on that I want to say for now.

3. And I won't answer this because it gets into plot. Basically, you'd have to make a character and RP to find the answers you're looking for. That is the draw. But you do have valid questions. Just rather explore that IC than here.

If I missed anything, please let me know.

@Kirwinning

About the 2nd to last message in PM you sent, keep what you asked, deep, deep in your head. You are going to be my quest maker. What you are bringing up is not for the main story, but absolutely perfect for quests. That's how we're going to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Danchou Tsubomi

D-Danchou. The RP is modern times. It would be very easy to access Earth's older files. And yes your character can be customer service o.O. Once we get to the end of setting this up, I'll probably have her be something different, but for now go for it. That character would be perfect to have around.

Probably tomorrow I'll work on fixing up the introduction and placing general info in for you to see.

[SIZE= 13px]sorry for some reason my brain thought we were [/SIZE]waaaay [SIZE= 13px]far into the future lol[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]alright cool btw[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]i just had an idea of a character who was super into the past of earth (specifically, earth's gaming and music) so that's why i wanted to know[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]having a customer-service character in a setting like this would be fun, since i'm sure a VR game would have to deal with all sorts of interesting bugs and players[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]"yo, this guy clipped through a building and now he's stuck, could you help get him out? we kind of need him for a project and it's kind of hard when he's part of a building"[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]something like that if that makes sense ahaha[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]obviously i won't have any like special powers that'd let me do stuff the other players couldn't have though i guess i would be more like an in-game guide to remind people of certain features and to help noobs, but[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]...uh now that i think about it that makes more sense for this to just be an npc or something ahahaa[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]and all right, got it[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]slowly working on that character sheet but i think it should be pretty complete tomorrow [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]sorry for some reason my brain thought we were [/SIZE]waaaay [SIZE= 13px]far into the future lol[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]alright cool btw[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]i just had an idea of a character who was super into the past of earth (specifically, earth's gaming and music) so that's why i wanted to know[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]having a customer-service character in a setting like this would be fun, since i'm sure a VR game would have to deal with all sorts of interesting bugs and players[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]"yo, this guy clipped through a building and now he's stuck, could you help get him out? we kind of need him for a project and it's kind of hard when he's part of a building"[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]something like that if that makes sense ahaha[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]obviously i won't have any like special powers that'd let me do stuff the other players couldn't have though i guess i would be more like an in-game guide to remind people of certain features and to help noobs, but[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]...uh now that i think about it that makes more sense for this to just be an npc or something ahahaa[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 13px]and all right, got it[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 13px]slowly working on that character sheet but i think it should be pretty complete tomorrow [/SIZE]

=P Don't stress yourself out about getting every detail right. This ain't that kind of roleplay. If I ever see anything out of place, I will let you know. Lol and okay. If you could postit when you're done here: https://www.rpnation.com/forum/8448-characters/

I would greatly appreciate it. Go ahead and create a character topic. I'll be fixing up the introduction so it better details the world, but don't hesitate to ask me whatever else you want.

Question. Very small, but it came to my mind.

What does death look like in this? Please don't tell me it's that sparkly glass stuff from SAO..

tumblr_mmpfhaQoZz1rief7qo4_500.gif

Derezzing?

97df9b920b1ff861edddaeef6517ae92.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back