• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Pantheon: Time's End

Braddington

Based... based on what?
Pantheon: Time's End

1226_10.jpg

Death. That's all that remains out there anymore. An unholy and scorched Earth, reeling from a cataclysmic war that shook the foundations of the universe. To hear people speak of it now, you would almost think nothing had changed, but everything had changed. Long ago, the Pantheons lived in peace, the Egyptians kept to themselves, the Romans stayed put, the Norse played games in their little realms and people lived. That all changed when Jupiter went too far. He was jealous of the mighty Zeus, King of the Greek Gods, a man for whom modesty was an unknown word. For too long had this vicious, spiteful and evil God horded power and influence for himself. He needed to be put in his place lest he become an expansionist tyrant.

To challenge the man in his own home would be foolish, however. This required a hint of mischievous cunning. What was the one thing this creature of hubris feared the most? What kind of being struck fear into his heart? There was but one answer. Kronos. His own father. A plan was formulated, an alliance struck. The Roman Pantheon would break open Tarturus itself and set free the Master of Time and in exchange the two powers would strike Mount Olympus without pity or remorse. Balance would be maintained. What fools they were to trust an evil such as that. An evil that didn't take long to show it's true colours. The Romans would keep their end of the bargain, but would Kronos keep his? In an unprecedented assault on Tartarus, the Pantheon fought their way through to the deepest and darkest point of this gargantuan abyss and there they freed evil incarnate. A smiling Jupiter at his side as he regained what it felt to be free. Then, in the blink of an eye, he was gone. All that was left were laughs in the dark. Kronos had what he wanted and he had no intention of helping the ones that fought for it. They were beneath him.

Immediately, panic struck the world. As if this moment could be felt in each corner of a now endangered planet. Then it began. The world itself cracked open, volcanoes erupted and disasters began to strike sacred cities. This was but a taste of the true devastation that would come. Zeus knew what had happened, he could feel it, and he was scared. But more than that, he was angry. Just as Jupiter had struck a deal, so did Zeus. It was not harmonious, it was not even cordial, but no matter what insults were thrown, it was noted that Odin and his ilk left Mount Olympus one dark night with smiles on their faces and weapons in their hands. Zeus would have his revenge, and in so doing, destroy the world.

It was quick, it was bloody, it was cursed. But it was effective. All it took was one ambush, one battle and the combined might of the Greek and Norse Pantheons crushed Jupiter and his colleagues and wiped them out root and stem. Before Zeus struck the final blow, it was said that Jupiter spat out a prophecy with a bloody grin for his rival, "You may strike me down now, but when he comes for you, the debt will be repaid in full and the mighty Zeus with his Norse puppets will fall." Zeus didn't need much convincing of this, he was positively craven. Whatever prophecies were uttered that day, the effect of the deed was known far and wide. A war began, Pantheon fought Pantheon over this grievous massacre and others were killed to the last. Every minor rivalry, every little insult came to a head. The world burned in the raw chaos, Kronos becoming an afterthought of all except Zeus and Odin. This war only ended when but two Pantheons stood left. The same two that had been the cause of the war in the first place. The Greeks and the Norse. In the aftermath, only Europa remained standing, the rest of the world covered in death and destruction. Zones of influence were established and the Gods set into an uneasy truce and rivalry.

Now, as time continues it's march forward and memories fade into legend once more, peace has been restored. No wars threaten the worlds existence. But what if another legend, now forgotten just like that war, appeared again? What if Time itself revealed it's hand? What if Kronos returned to fulfill a prophecy?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELLO!

Welcome to Pantheon: Time's End! In this RP you will be the son or daughter of members of the Norse and Greek Pantheons in a mythological version of our world! Players have been summoned to an important summit atop Mount Olympus (pun not intended) where the Pantheons have gathered to discuss an impending threat that has returned from the shadows. Kronos. In an effort to delay him and form a coherent strategy, the Gods have tasked our group of Demigods to hunt down the Master of Time and strike him down before he can pose a threat to the established order.

But will we? What if Kronos presents a good reason? What if we refuse to bow to the whims of those that have killed so many? Well that is what we are here to find out! Together we shall face mythological creatures, travel to places of legend and change fate itself. All whilst forming relationships with each other, good or bad.

Do any Gods of other Pantheons remain and will they appear?
You shall have to wait and see.

What kind of powers will our characters have?
I am open to any power suggestion you might wish for your character. I would just ask they resemble those of their parent and are not overpowered. Remember that powers will grow over the course of the RP.

Is this entirely sticking to the original myths and legends?
Some things will be tweaked here and there for the sake of story, just to allow better flow and plot.

Are multiple characters allowed?
For now at least I would ask that you stick with just the one

Are any Gods open for business?
Yes, any and all Gods are open from both Pantheons. I would just ask you don't go too on the under powered side. If you wish to make a character the son/daughter of Zeus and another person has already done that? I would say we don't want too many of the same Gods flooded but perhaps if you can interweave it with another person or come up with a good enough CS, it would be fine. I would once again ask for people to take Gods not taken yet and for this kind of thing to only occur with the main members of each Pantheon.

What time period is this set in?
More on the ancient side

1) No one liners! I don't need you to write an essay but a couple decent paragraphs will do

2) Be kind and respectful with each other! Drama should be kept IC

3) No Meta Gaming

4) Be respectful of RPN's rules

5) Romance and that type of thing are to be expected but stick to the rules of the site

6) If you are gonna be absent, please tell us! We understand people have lives unlike me so we just ask we are told beforehand. Same goes for leaving entirely.

Me and Archon Archon shall be Co-GM's, so direct any questions at us!

CS: Fantasy - Pantheon: Time's End CS

Last edited:
I am definitely interested and willing to join this! One Question I have is, do all of the Pantheon members have one child each?

I am definitely interested and willing to join this! One Question I have is, do all of the Pantheon members have one child each?

No! They have their normal children via their legends plus the number of player characters. So theoretically Zeus could have 2 player demigod kids. Theoretically.

Hmm, yes. Theoretically. I'd be interested in playing Poseidon's kid!

...or anyone I can, for that matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back