• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙪𝙢. - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 ( CLOSED )

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here

basics
persona
visage
other

• 月.

Last edited:
tumblr_pdz223Ncu61swgjw6o1_500.gif

❝ Stefan D'Mota. ❞

opalescent, cool, and pearly, like midsummer moths,

like bees, gilded and sticky, with a little sting.
❝ cursory information. ❞

full name— Stefan D'Mota.

Godly Parent(s)— Thanatos
gender— male.
age— 16.
sexuality— heterosexual.
d.o.b.— Oct. 27, Scorpio.
species— demigod.

❝ background. ❞

Stefan does not like to talk much about his past. He was raised in foster homes and kind of, sort of, hates his dad. He was brought to Camp HB after his first monster attack when he was 12, which killed most of his foster family. Stefan was slightly traumatized, but he soon recovered seeing that a lot of the fellow campers had similar experiences. He always knew he was different growing up, he just had no idea just how different he was.

❝ Personality. ❞

Stefan can come off as shy and reserved at first, but that's because he always thinks people will walk out of his life or leave at any moment. He has a hard time trusting people, but when he opens up he is a funny, witty, and caring. He can be a bit condescending at times, especially when it comes to things not going his way. He always tries his best, and when he fails, it hurts. He'll sulk in his own failures for days on end. He can be a bit hard on himself, and he does not always understand the dynamic of family because he never really had one. At the end of the day, Stefan is just another lost kid looking for a place to call home and people to call family. He can act tough all he wants, but he's soft and easy to break.

❝ abilities. ❞

Stefan has the ability to sense death and when it is coming. If someone is gravely ill or injured, he can instantly tell you if they will live or die. It's made him a bit distant to the idea of mortality–death is not a concept that scares him or makes him feel weird.

Stefan also the ability to drain the energy from life sources. It take a toll on him, and for now, he can only really kill plants. On demi gods, he can cause them to feel extremely tired and/or nauseous but that's about it for now.

Stefan also has the ability to speak with those that are deceased. If you miss a deceased loved one, you don't need an Ouija board. Stefan gotchu'

❝ Other. ❞

Stefan can usually be found mingling with other campers or writing in his journal by the lake. He likes his alone time just as much as he likes spending time with others. Feel free to interact with him.

❝ visage. ❞

all u need to know is that he's a cutie patootie and his FC is Lucas J Zumann

&&— ❝ A NPC. ❞

Name: Danielle H. Westbrooke

Nickname: Dani

Sexuality: Heterosexual

D.o.B + Zodiac: August 15, Leo

Species: Demigod under Roman god Mercury

Height: 5'4

Hair: Flowing, shoulder-length locks of blonde

Eye Color: Hazel Brown

Face Claim: Mackenzie Porter

Vices:|Clingy|Attention-Seeking|Over-protective

Virtues:|Affectionate|Understanding|Comforting

Demigod Abilities: Proficiency in Projectile Throwing|Expert Thief|Lock-picking

Dislikes: Being ignored or talked over

Fears: Being buried alive

Relationships: Callus' girlfriend.

Keep me warm in your arms.
NPC!
code by fudgecakez

npc
indi
i wanna shine like the sun
basics
fullname.
indiana henry cooper.​

nickname.
indi.​

age, d.o.b.
fourteen, july 12th.​

zodiac.
cancer.​

gender.
male.​

sexuality.
good question.​

godly parent.
iris.​

hair.
reddish blonde.​

eyes.
blue.​

build.
mesomorph.​

height.
five foot seven inches.​

wardrobe.
indi plays it cool, tending to wear jeans or shorts with his camp shirt or some other silly tshirt. half the time it doesn't look like he's brushed his hair, but he's always got a bright smile and a positive outlook that just seems to radiate off of him.​

faceclaim
cory gruter-andrew.​

misc
camp attendance.
seven, almost eight years.​

weapon.
decorative dagger.​

abilities.
photokinesis indi, likes his mother, has power over light. he can manipulate it to suite his needs, with one of his main tricks being able to control the light around him to turn him invisible. he can create light, even in dark areas, but the less light around for him to draw strength from, the weaker the light is overall. it's easier for him to make natural light dimmer or brighter than it is to create it himself. as the son of the rainbow goddess, he can also create rainbows with next to energy loss. cause rainbows.

enhanced speed as the son of a messenger goddess, indi is naturally one of the faster kids at camp, due to his mothers genes.

control over animals indi can speak to animals.​
personality
vices.
naive
secretive
stubborn.​

virtues
kind
supportive
determined.​

ailments
dyslexia.
slight adhd.​

likes.
anime
chocolate
pistachio ice cream
naps
the beach
flying lessons.​

dislikes.
heavy storms
chores
running
combat lessons
cherry flavors
spiders.​

history
not much to say, he's a full time camper who doesn't talk about his dad or much about his time before coming to camp. he's got a favorite pegasus named marion in the stables, and a dog named henry that follows him around camp all the time. oh yeah, and he was also named after a dog.​
cause today's gonna be my day
cooper
code by fudgecakez

home
one
two
three
  • Meet Forrest Amadeus Hawthorne. He doesn’t really have any nicknames, so he just goes by Forrest. He’s only sixteen years old, meaning he still possesses his baby status. He’s a heterosexual cismale who doesn’t spend much time looking for or thinking about love, but he’s not opposed to affection or even dating, if the right person came along. He was born on June 20—the day of the Summer Solstice the year he came into the world—which makes him a Gemini. He’s the demigod child of the goddess of the harvest: Demeter.

Forrest stands at five foot eight, but the doctors say he’s not done growing yet. If he turns out anything like his dad, he’ll be well over six feet, a tree of a man, if you will. He’s got a mess of light brown curls on his head that can’t be tamed no matter how hard he tries. His eyes are a warm brown, and his nose and upper cheeks are dusted here and there with faint freckles. He’s quite the lanky young boy, but not necessarily scrawny. He’s not the strongest male at camp by any means, but he has enough muscle to hold his own in a fight. He doesn’t have a particular style that he sticks to when it comes to his wardrobe, and he’d prefer not to let one aesthetic define him. He does, however, wear lots of neutral colors—green and brown make up most of his closet. He wears whatever he’s in the mood for when he wakes up that morning, whether it be a sweater and trousers or a Hawaiian shirt and cut-offs. You’re rarely ever see him without a pair of white sneakers, though. Starring as Forrest Hawthorne is Wyatt Oleff.
    pantone
    ®

Evergreen Tree
    Forrest Hawthorne

coded by weldherwings.

www.undertheorangesun.com
julian rivera
nineteen
sep fourth
virgo
bisexual
male

idrk what you'd add here but it's still a scroll so...y'know yea
we're
dancing
without
a shadow
requisite
name: julian rivera
n.name(s): jules, Dr. rivera
d.o.b.: y'kno, all this stuff's already up there
godly parentage: but he's a son of apollo, fyi

visage
height: 6'0
hair: a mess of dark brown curls that never sit neatly
eyes: light brown with a beautiful glint in sunlight
scars: his right forearm, from an archery accident way back
faceclaim: marlon pendlebury

personality
virtues
caring
hard-working
rational
meticulous
vices
sarcastic
sensitive
reserved
stubborn

personality
mangoes
horror movies
dislikes
gruesome injuries
winter
lying

abilities
vitakinesis
he got those healy hands, and takes bribes for hush hush healing. he's probably the most proficient healer in the apollo cabin at the moment, but his abilities aren't nearly enough to rival the previous head counsellor. he's almost too good at reattaching limbs, maybe because apollo likes the way he sings the hymns?
archery
julian is particularly talented with the bow and arrow, but the title of best archer eludes him sometimes due to the prowess of his brother, jasper. the two regularly partake in friendly competitions. he's still good enough to school any of the other campers in archery, though.
musically inclined
he sings rly well lol

backstory
he's been at camp half-blood for 7 years, since he was twelve.
like, whatever man. ur just the son of apollo
code by fudgecakez

Last edited:
jasper
you're one of a kind
basics
fullname.
jasper alexander oriana.​

nickname.
jas, jaz, purr, sunboy.​

age, d.o.b.
nineteen, april 4th.​

zodiac.
aries.​

gender.
male.​

sexuality.
heterosexual.​

godly parent.
apollo.​

hair.
brown.​

eyes.
hazel.​

build.
athletic.​

height.
six foot.​

wardrobe.
a true summer enthusiast, jasper can almost always be found in shorts and a t-shirt. whether it's the camp's signature shirt or a random silly t-shirt he picked up when out on a quest, he's always got a bright smile to go with his outfit. in the rare days he's not wearing summer wear, he'll be wearing jeans - denim is a great fashion statement - and a shirt with a flannel over it.​

faceclaim
ross lynch.​

misc
camp attendance.
nine.​

weapon.
bow and arrow.​

theme songs.
song [artist]​

abilities.
master archer as the son of the god of archery, it's not hard to believe that jasper also excels at this sport, also performing well in any other target-shooting- based sports.

truth sense a passive ability, but one none-the-less, jasper is able to sense when people tell the truth and when they're lying.

musically inclined something he gained from both his parents, jasper is naturally drawn to music. not only does he have a performance worthy voice, he can play any instrument, even though his focus when it comes to music is his voice and a guitar he always has near him when at camp.

audiokinesis the ability to control sound waves and music, jasper is able to manipulate the sound waves he creates and the waves created by others immediately around him. seeing as he doesn't have enhanced hearing, he can only hear what's around him, meaning people or music playing nearby, or if someone is blasting music loud enough in the distance, he can use it.​

q&a
between camp half-blood and camp jupiter, who’d win capture the flag? why?
well, my pride is telling me chb, but i mean, i don't know what all those roman's are doing day and night. for all i know they could beat us! but not without a fight, that's for sure! the apollo cabin has a reputation as the best archers, me in particular if i may say so, and no roman is gonna beat me on my home turf!​

what do you think is behind all the weird stuff that’s been happening lately?
it reminds me of living back home with my mom. and not in a good way. makes me think of 'oh gods, dad, please don't let this be you're prophecy powers coming into my life again' way. i love my dad, he's done his best when it came to me, and i'm not really one to hold a grudge, but dealing with his prophecy stuff? i'd rather not deal with it all over again, so fingers crossed guys!​

how do you want to be remembered after you die?
i mean, i love all this camp stuff, don't get me wrong, but i don't want to be a hero. saving the world is great and all, but i love my music. i don't know if i'd want to follow my mom's path and become a music teacher one day, or maybe i'd try and make a name for myself in the industry. either way, when it's my time, i want my music to be left behind. because if mine is left behind then it means something of my mother is left behind too.​

what was the happiest moment of your life?
before everything....happened, with my mom and i came here full time, she used to be a music teacher and told me my gift with music came from within me and not her or my father. before i knew who dad was, i'd always believed him to be just some musician mom had met when she was touring the country, but even after i found out, she still said her words all those years ago rang true. the memory of her always believing in me for my skills and not for something i just inherited from my father? well it still means the world to me, years later.​

there’s a shooting star over there! quick, make a wish!
ahhh, one of those. gods, this is rough, i hate admitting this stuff. i love life right now, but sometimes i do wish that...that my mom never met my father. maybe i wouldn't exist at all, but at least then she might be alive and doing what she loved.​
personality
vices.
impatient
impulsive
laid-back
nosy
trusting.​

virtues
daring
confident
optimistic
friendly
open.​

fears.
prophecies after seeing what happened to his mortal mother who had the tiniest bit of sight within her, jasper prefers not to get too involved in prophecies, fearing someone else he loves being driven mad by a gift from his father.

being alone part of why jasper is so friendly with just about everyone he meets is due to the fact that he doesn't want to be left alone. after his childhood, he prefers to surround himself with friends and people who he cares about and those who care about him in return to stave off the loneliness and nightmares.​

ailments
dyslexia.
adhd.​

likes.
competition
bonfires
music
archery
goofing off
his hair being played with.​

dislikes.
prophecies
waiting
tests
reading
coconut
pepsi.​

history
in the early days, from what jasper can remember, he and his mother were happy. whitney oriana didn't really have any family ties keeping her in one place, so she became a traveling musician, managing to make enough money to keep herself fed and on the road. it was this lifestyle that drew apollo to her. she was kind and gentle, and had a way with words making them flow so elegantly that the god couldn't help himself.

it didn't take long for whitney to realize that she'd become pregnant, she'd had a sense about her even before she met her child's father, and after meeting the god of prophecy, that sense seemed to have grown stronger. she knew she was pregnant before any medical machine would've been able to tell her and with that information, she found a place to settle down immediately. due to her background as a musician, she was able to find a small home and become a music teacher at a local community center, offering general classes about music as well as more in depth classes or tutoring sessions, such as teaching someone how to play an instrument, mainly guitar and piano.

by the time she was settled she was known in the community and she had made a couple of friends who helped her finish the nursery and make sure she made it to the hospital when jasper was born. it wasn't long after he was born that apollo came back and told her the truth of what he was and warned her about what could happen to their son if she wasn't careful.

after that warning, whitney began to take more care of who she interacted with, wanting nothing more than to protect her son. so as jasper began to grow older, he was home schooled, not getting much chance to interact with kids his age other than when his mother brought him along to a lesson with another kid. he didn't care for the homeschooling but, it wasn't all bad. he loved spending time with his mom, because once they finished with his regular work, they went over music.

from a young age, jasper was infatuated with music, having spent every night falling asleep listening to his mother hum or sing a lullaby to him. by the time he was old enough to walk, he was already trying to copy his mother, babbling along to whatever tune she was playing. so when she began to teach him how to play himself, he was ecstatic and pushed any disappointments aside.

life seemed good, but it wasn't until he was six, almost seven that he began to notice something off about his mother. it began slowly, so that whenever she started to get emotional, jasper thought he had done something wrong and apologized. at first, she'd snap out of it and apologize herself, saying she was overreacting about something else. they laughed, played a song together, and forgot about it. but then it started happening more and more. over four years, she began to get worse and worse, talking about people they'd never met and places they'd never been. mentioning people that didn't exist or were notable in history as if they were in front of her.

she had managed to keep herself together until soon after he'd turned ten, they were at a neighbors house, whitney was teaching their daughter how to play the piano when she suddenly went into a fit after the girl had pressed a certain key. everything had come out right then, the girl's parents called for whitney to be taken to the hospital and everything went downhill from there. while at home with jasper there, someone who needed her to provide for him, she had something bringing her back. at the hospital, she had no will and her condition began to deteriorate rapidly. jasper was taken in by social services, seeing as there were no relatives to take him.

at first, the people who took him in let him go visit his mother every few days after they tried to enroll him into public school, but after she tried to grab his arm, whitney was sent to a mental institution and jasper was forbidden from seeing her again. he hated it, trying to sneak away any chance he had to try and go find her, or ignoring his school work to play music on the guitar his mother had gotten him for his birthday.

as he began to play more and more, especially in public, it didn't take long for monsters to notice him. he'd only been attending school a month when a monster tried to grab him, only to be stopped by a satyr. unable to explain away what he'd just seen, jasper trusted the satyr with blind faith and agreed to go to camp half-blood with him, only if he was allowed to bring his guitar. it was an easy enough task to accomplish, and soon after they were off to new york.

once they reached camp, jasper was just in awe. everything amazed him and he just didn't know where to start. he was ushered into the hermes cabin where he ended up staying for six days. once he was settled, he spoke to chiron who welcomed him and gave him the grand tour of the camp. jasper told him about what had happened with his mom, asking if he knew what could be wrong with her. the centaur had a feeling he knew what had happened, and when he told jasper no, the young boy knew he was lying. he tried to push a bit deeper into the topic, but chiron moved them along, talking about some other aspect of the camp.

it didn't take long for jasper to find his bearings, he enjoyed spending times with kids his age, even though he was sad at times, but he found it easiest to soothe the hurt by playing music when he was truly upset. so on his seventh day at camp, he found a quiet spot by the beach and began to play the first song his mother taught him to play on the guitar. without realizing it, he'd drawn a crowd and by the time he finished, he looked up and noticed the crowd staring at something above his head.

when chiron explained he'd been claimed by his father, jasper was excited, but upon learning more about apollo, he began to make his own guesses about what had happened to his mother. for a while, he blamed his father for his mother's small ability to see the future, saying that she'd been fine until the god had met her. as the years passed and he got a proper understanding in how the world worked for demigods, jasper began to realize that he'd been wrong in blaming his father for everything that had happened.

a small part of him still wondered what if, but jasper did his best to never go down that train of thought. he focused on making friends with other campers, practicing his archery, a new skill he'd discovered, and continuing to play his music.​

family/relationships
apollo.
[godly] father.​

whitney oriana.
mother.​

julian rivera.
half brother.​
you're so classic
oriana
code by fudgecakez

Last edited:
THEODOROS "THEO" GIBS

- the long and important stuff -
background
:
Evan Gibs was never cut out to be a single father, especially at the age he met Iris, but some things were inevitable. He had been working at creating his own startup for an eco-friendly alternative line of disinfectants and common household cleaners. All the ingredients were ethically and sustainably sourced and naturally derived rather than made of harsh chemicals. Iris wanted to invest in his startup and sell it in her store, Rainbow Organic Foods & Lifestyles. They shared a lot of the same views on the environment, sustainability, and the need for a lifestyle change for humanity. They fell in love soon enough, but it was predestined to never last. Iris told him the truth and, one day, appeared, carrying a child in her arms. She gave him to Evan, who was shocked and not ready to be a father. But it wasn't like Iris could raise him, so she left the baby with Evan and disappeared. She occasionally kept in contact with him through Iris Messages. Evan named his son Theodoros in reference to his Greek ancestry. Single fatherhood was difficult, especially with his startup taking off. Once he started getting successful, he was able to afford babysitters for his son and enroll him in daycares. Unfortunately, this made his relationship with Theo a little distant.

Over the years, as Theo grew up, he loved art and hated school, like most artsy kids with ADHD his age. His father was often disappointed with the lackluster report cards he brought home and the weird art pieces his son created that he never quite understood. He wanted his son to be smart and successful so that one day he could take on the company Evan had put so much time and effort into growing. The topic of his mother had always been a sore subject. It was usually met with the story that they had been too young and things had been too complicated, so it was best that he take care of Theo and she go away and do her own thing. Theo did, on occasion, hear his father on the phone with his mother - or at least he thought his father was on the phone, the calls were usually taken in his study where Theo was forbidden to enter - but he was never allowed to speak to her himself. This was frustrating. A mother who wasn't allowed to contact him and a father who was too busy and couldn't understand him were the perfect combination for feelings of isolation and frustration. He channeled a lot of this into his art. Sculpting was the best form of therapy for him. Painting was great, too. It helped keep his hands busy and let him work through his thoughts.

In his teenage years, Theo developed a rebellious streak. He argued a lot with his father, did poorly in school, and occasionally got into fights. Kids bullied him about his hobbies, called him gay - not because he showed affection towards men, but rather because it was just a popular insult, made fun of his looks, that sort of thing. Internally, it brewed feelings of insecurity and internalized homophobia. Externally, it led to a lot of detentions for using his fists to solve his problems. He'd later learn that most of his bullies had been low level monsters who were after more powerful half-bloods that happened to be in the same school as him. The monsters couldn't quite figure out if he was actually a demigod himself, but they decided to bother him just to be safe. His powers never really came out to alert them of what he was. He was a fast runner, so he joined cross country to get some excess energy out and he found a love for running. He never thought of rainbows as a rare sight because he saw them so often, but he didn't realize that this was because he was the one creating them in the distance. He spent a lot of time hanging out with other alternative artists, smoking weed, and working on pieces he cared about. He even found spray painting as a great way to combine his penchant for rebellion and love of art.

When Theodoros was seventeen, a satyr found him, surprised that he'd stumbled upon a half-blood that was so old. He told Theo the truth about the world and about Camp Half-Blood. Theo spoke to his father, who confirmed it. His father even agreed to send Theo to camp, hoping it would teach him some discipline. Their relationship started to improve as Theo went to camp and found a sense of belonging. He even got to speak to his mother for the first time, through an Iris message. He started uncovering his powers and training to get stronger. His first summer at camp was a dream. When he went back to school, he had a couple of run ins with monsters who could finally smell him after he'd starting coming into his own as a demigod. He's been able to keep everything under control and even improved his grades. He's planning on applying to art school after spending a year or two at camp as a year-rounder. He wants to get to know this new world better before trying to go back to the normal one.

demigod abilities:
- unhindered passage: as the son of the goddess that does some of the messaging for the gods, he's able to freely enter any god's domain. zeus wouldn't bother shooting him out of the sky. poseidon allows him in the oceans. he could get into the underworld without any issues, but he's never tried that one.
- rainbow creation: he's never found a use for it, except maybe being able to send an Iris message from anywhere. what's he gonna do, shoot rainbows at his opponent? the best case scenario is that they laugh themselves to death.
- free messaging: mom runs the messaging service, so she's kind enough to send messages for him free of charge. of course, this also means that she gets to see and hear anything he sends, so he doesn't just go off and send just anything that pops into his mind. but, it is very convenient to be able to communicate with people from any distance.
- great on pegasi: pegasi are sacred to Iris, so he just feels a strong connection to them. he's a very skilled rider and he can communicate with them. he understands what they say to him and vice versa.
- mirage creation: this is one he's really had to work at to develop. it plays off of his rainbow creation power. he can make mirages in the distance to people think they see things when, in reality, they're not there. it's not a mist-centered illusion, but rather a manipulation of the light.
- flashes: the few offensive application of his power is that he can focus light particles into blinding flashes to disorient his opponents.
- night vision: thanks to some of the light manipulation he can do, theo has fantastic night vision. he can direct more light towards his eyes so that he can see better.
- enhanced speed: his mother's a messenger so he's faster than most other campers. the hermes kids give him a good run for his money. plus, running helps clear his head.
strengths:
+ hand to hand combat : he's been in a few street fights, so he knows how to both throw a punch and take one. when he was younger, his dad signed him up for karate to get some of the energy out of him, but it didn't really stick. now that he's had some proper training at camp, he's gotten even better.
+ speed/agility : he's always been a good runner because of the ability passed on from his mother. but, on top of that, he actually enjoys the feeling of running and enjoys it, so he's worked this skill a lot.
+ teamwork : theo is happy to work with others to coordinate attacks. he doesn't step out of line and do whatever he wants because he knows that's not the best way to get things done and, overall, it's pretty selfish. he gets annoyed with people who don't work well with others.
weaknesses:
- anger : when he gets really set off, he attacks blindly. he loses his calm, rational side and only looks to hurt the opposition. he'll often make stupid mistakes in combat or say things he doesn't mean in an argument because of the impassioned nature of his anger.
- magic : really not his thing. he can't cast magic like the hecate campers. the effects are annoying as he has very little resistance. he doesn't like getting messed with through magic, it's sort of a pet peeve.
- protective nature : if he sees one of his friends in danger, or if it's someone who's at a huge disadvantage in an unfair fight, he can't help but step in. he throws himself in, even if it's not what he's supposed to do. he can't just not react when he has the ability to help.
average at:
= archery : he's good enough to pass with it, but he's no apollo kid. it's not his preferred method of fighting, but he's got a knack for it, more or less. maybe if he actually practiced he'd be good.
= climbing : theo isn't scared of heights, so he doesn't mind climbing. he can scale a tree pretty easy. he has an interest in those cool guys who do free climbing on mountains, but he isn't so confident in his abilities that he'd be able to do it. the rock wall is a great hobby of his.
= sword-fighting : though he wouldn't consider himself the best sword fighter at camp, it's something he's picked up on quickly over his short time at camp. he likes it well enough, but it seems like a default weapon.
+ art : it's his escape from reality. he prefers painting and sculpture, but he's decent at sketching and drawing. one thing he never got the hang of was digital art. it's an easy way to express himself without really saying it outright. he can always hide behind "well, it's open to interpretation" rather than telling people clearly. he's a big fan of art history too.
+ brownies : whether they're normal or... not... he's a big fan of brownies! they're the easiest treat to make. each kind of piece has its merits, whether it's a firm edge piece or a soft middle piece. he's gotten pretty good at baking them at home, both with and without some special ingredients.
+ playing "odds" : it's an offshoot of his competitive spirit. it's a very simple, popular game that he plays with his friends. one of them goes "odd you do X?" and the other person responds "one in X" they count down - 3, 2, 1 - and if they both say the same number, the person who gave the odds has to do it, if not, nothing happens. it's more fun when the numbers are smaller. the last time he played a friend said "odds you ask one of the aphrodite girls to do your hair?" "one in four" and, unfortunately, they both said three and theo ended up spending the rest of the day with tightly curled ringlets, like a middle school girl on her birthday.
dislikes:
- frogs : they're just sort of gross and weird. they're way too loud at night. he hates the sound of bullfrogs. there's no deep reason he just has a strong dislike for them.
- country music : repulsive. corny. lowkey misogynistic. there are no redeeming qualities to country music. don't play it around him.
- avocados : it's the trendiest food of the last couple years, but he just can't understand it. it doesn't taste like much in the first place. it doesn't make toast much better unless you season it well.
fears:
- being ostracized : for someone who seeks acceptance from his peers, being ostracized and shunned by them would be the worst case scenario.
- being incapacitated : because he enjoys running and being able to do things with his body, theo would be devastated if he were paralyzed or otherwise unable to move or be greatly injured in some way.
- dying alone: wouldn't it be the worst thing? to live your entire life and never find a place you belong or people who care about you? to end your days in isolation, completely alone?
ailments:
- the regular combo of ADHD and dyslexia

tumblr_pdu468ecRI1qzb75vo2_250.gif

CONDEMNANT

- basics:
name:

Theodoros Alexander Gibs
nickname(s):
- Theo : nearly everyone calls him this. most don't even know his real name is Theodoros, they usually assume that his full name is Theodore.
- Thee : if Theo isn't your cup of tea, he's heard this one too. he doesn't really mind. however, this is usually reserved for people a bit closer to him.
- Gibs : some people default to last names, which is fine. usually the boys throw this one around.
sexuality:
a difficult topic.
dob + zodiac:
november 10th. scorpio.
species:
demigod.
godly parentage:
iris.

tumblr_onfeho0vBk1qzb75vo2_250.gif

QUOD

- visage:
height:

theo stands at six feet and zero inches. he's satisfied with it. being any taller just sounds a little excessive at this point. he doesn't see a purpose for it.
hair:
though it has gotten him mistaken for a tall woman before, theo loves his thick, shoulder length brown hair. he kind of just lets it do what it wants - sometimes it's a little wavier, sometimes straighter. don't ask him why - he has no idea. in the summer, he often puts it into a 'man-bun' to cool off. he can't do a nice pony-tail yet, but maybe one day.
eyes:
with his mom being the goddess of rainbows and all, you'd think she'd pass on some cool eyes, right? theo had no such luck. he's got warm brown eyes, but maybe that's for the best. crazy colored eyes would probably make him a little more intimidating to talk to, whereas brown is disarming, familiar, and simple.
scars or birthmarks:
like most of the other campers, he has a scattering of scars he's earned from both training and real fights. most of them are on his arms or torso and they're pretty small. he doesn't have any that would be incredibly noticeable if you didn't know about them.
style:
the one print theo would not be caught dead in is rainbow. it's corny. it's almost like he'd be asking to get made fun of for being the kid of the rainbow goddess. he sticks to very simple outfits, with a preference for earth tones. he loves fall because he can wear jeans and hoodies without any issues. he likes modern skater fashion. in the summer, he opts for loose, monochrome t-shirts and shorts or pants.
x | x | x | x | x
faceclaim:
Alex Saxon.

original.gif

NON

- psyche:
vices
:
- insecure : though he tries his best to put up a good facade, one of his biggest issues is his own insecurity. he doesn't like being the son of the rainbow goddess, he doesn't see any of his powers as particularly useful, and he gets jealous of the amazing powers that other campers have. in addition to that, he struggles with insecurity about his own sexuality because he's endured a lot of jokes about his sexuality, whether it's from half-bloods for being the child of the rainbow goddess or from mortals for being an artist and not hypermasculine.
- pleaser : when it comes to his friends, theo has a very difficult time saying no. he doesn't want to disappoint people or give them a reason to stop liking him. this leads to him spreading himself too thin or possibly doing things he doesn't particularly want to do. it also applies to new people he meets; he wants them to like him and to make a good impression, so he'll find himself saying yes without thinking things through.
- vindictive : when someone wrongs him, he doesn't forgive and forget very easily. he wants revenge to get even, then he'll probably let it go. maybe. hard to say. he tries so hard to be agreeable that if you really wrong him after all that effort he takes it very personally.
virtues:
+ peacemaker : theo is always the one to step in when there's tension between his friends. he doesn't like conflict within his circle, so he always tries to keep the peace and reach a compromise or diffuse a heated argument. he wants everyone to get along at the end of the day.
+ patient : theo knows how to wait and though it may not sound remarkable, it's something his peers often lack. he doesn't rush into an attack before the time calls for it. he doesn't get upset when he isn't a prodigy at something the first time around; he has the patience to train and get better.
+ generally calm : it takes quite a lot to actually upset or rattle theo. he prides himself on his ability to maintain his cool and he considers his relaxed demeanor to be one of his better traits. when he argues, he stays calm and rational, not allowing his emotions to blind him. if someone gets in his face, he maintains his composure. however, the downside is that when he does get angry he goes way too far and generally loses control.
neutral:
= bit of a romantic : not that he'd let anyone know, but he does have a soft spot for romance. he likes those dumb romance movies with happy endings. he wants to be loved, like everyone else. he gets nervous around people he's interested in and ends up tripping over his words a bit. he's the type to see someone in a coffee shop, make eye contact and exchange a smile, and then think about it for the rest of the day.
= competitive : come on, what half blood doesn't want to win and prove themselves? he's got a competitive spirit in him when it comes to things he's interested in. he's not dumb enough to challenge an athena kid to a trivia contest, but he'll happily try to outrun a hermes kid.
= neutral : theo isn't really one to pick sides in an argument. he considers himself as Switzerland. he will hear out both sides and try to get them to a mutually satisfied compromise, but he won't passionately defend either party. this gets annoying to his friends, who expect him to be on their side rather than someone else's. it makes people question just how loyal he is. he just prefers to not go too far one way or another.

tumblr_ni1brrVmmq1stkhy4o3_250.gif

INTELLEGUNT.

- other:
# of years at chb:

one.
as a child of iris, no monsters were really looking for him or coming for him, so he got to have a relatively normal upbringing. his first summer at camp was last year, and this year he's decided to be a full year campers as he takes a gap year before college.
weapon of choice:
he switches between archery and sword fighting depending on the situation. he's good enough at both to hold his own. but he usually fares better in a fist fight.
relationships:
wtw yall
theme song:
tinder song by victor internet

- faq (all purely optional, just for fun):
between camp half-blood and camp jupiter, who’d win capture the flag? why?:
"Oof. Tough call, really. I think we'd make it in the end because we're a bit more scrappy. I think scrappiness wins fights. We don't know when to give up."
what do you think is behind all the weird stuff that’s been happening lately?:
"All of the stuff with the Gods is kinda new to me. I don't really know enough to make a good guess. Maybe I'll read up on some mythology and get back to you."
how do you want to be remembered after you die?:
"It'd be cool to go down while saving someone else. I don't really wanna die, though. But if I had to die in battle, that'd be the way to go. Otherwise I wanna be a normal person who dies in their sleep after living a good life."
what was the happiest moment of your life?:
"I made this really cool piece about identity last summer after coming to terms with all the Demigod stuff. It felt really good to get all that stuff out. Iris, well, iris-messaged me to tell me she liked it. It was sort of nice to get that validation. And, y'know, see her."
there’s a shooting star over there! quick, make a wish!:
Hey, shooting star. It'd be really cool if you could maybe stop all the weird stuff going on? I kinda wanna feel normal here. It'd be nice to get to know some more campers without all of... y'know, this.

Last edited:

ERE7zwOWkAABkOV.jpg

basics

Name: "The name's Jirochi Zhao~!"

Nicks: "Oh gosh, JC and JZ are what everyone calls me by, but I only let close friends call me by my actual name!"

Gender: "-fluster- I hope it's obvious that I'm a guy... I've had people say I could pass for a gal."

Sexuality: "-fluster- I- I guess I like guys more than gals? I don't know, I feel more comfortable with guys around..."

D.o.B & Zodiac Sign: "I was born in the brrrrr month of Decembrrrr on the chilly 16th, I guess that makes me a Sagittarius!"

Species: "I'm a cinnamon roll. 'Nuff said."

Godly Parentage: "-sniffles- I miss Mama Harmonia. She hasn't been Iris messaging me!"

visage

Height: "Wh-what's the height of a cinnamon roll? I'm jokingggg chillll! I'm 5'9 or 6'0! Somewhere in between, I dunno!"

Hair: "oOOo if I'm over-the-top I love dying my hair a nice color of... you guessed it! cinnamon! Other than that, my natural hair color is dark brown~"

Eyes: "Everyone keeps saying my eyes are a plain dark brown like my hair, but I personally like to call it a mix of black and burgundy."

Physical Description: "I-I have to describe my body? O-okay. I guess you can say I'm relatively fit from my exercise, it doesn't hurt to stay healthy! Not that I'm on par with the kids, those gym fanaticsss~"

Scars & Birthmarks: "Oh my gosh did they tell you about my scars?? That's so unfair! Those muffinheads are in for it now! B-but yes, I have a very nasty scar down my back. I got it from an unfair fight, unarmed versus dual-wielded swords. Thankfully as you can see, I lived~!"

Faceclaim: Sean Lew

psyche

Personality: "H-hello? JC sent me, he said I'd take care of this part of the interview while he walks his doggo. I'm sure he'll be back soon. Anyways, he is one sugar-packed cinnamon roll alright. That energy seems to never run out, I swear. He is also a heavy peace-enthusiast, understandable given that he's a child of Harmonia. Hell, even his combat totally reflects that peace-lover. When it comes to his personality, everyone knows him as that cheery 'everyone's friend' type of guy, but I don't think he has a close friend of his own. It's scary, when he gets sad he completely shuts down and isolates himself. I feel bad for the guy, I have no idea why he hasn't gotten everyone in camp to be his best friend. Needless to say, he's still a great person, both combat and normal-wise! A great candidate for the quest, his healing is a must-have on any team."

Vices: "Hi! I'm back, sorry Oreo needed her walk. Vices? Well, I've been told that I can be very overbearing. I'm sorry-- I can't help it! One thing that I can admit about myself is that I can easily trust people, to the point that I've been called gullible. Sometimes. I don't like admitting that but it's a vice of mine! The last vice would be how my friends always say that I tend to care a LOT about how other people think about me. I constantly overthink about it and hope that I'm not on anyone's bad side!"

Virtues: "Ooooh speaking about my virtues makes me sound haughty and I don't like that. But if you say so... It should be pretty obvious that I'm a sweet gumdrop, I always try to make everyone around me get along! Oh oh oh I also absolutely adore making friends, and I've hopefully made a good impression on everyone in camp. If anyone needs to cheer up, I'm the go-to guy! Patience is also one of my strongest suits, I rarely get mad. Heck, I'd go so far as to say I DON'T get mad at anyone."

Demigod Abilities:
Harmony Aura: "Oh my aura... I keep it turned off as much as I can, I don't like putting my friends under magic influence, especially if it's my harmony aura. Anyone that stands within a few meters of me tends to have less anger and more cheeriness with others and especially with me. My aura also causes people to calm down slightly, clearing their minds of discord. It also allows them to make friendships easier as well as reach agreements faster. It's a pretty meh ability if you ask me."

Blinding Peace: "I hate doing this, but if I absolutely have to, I can enforce strong peace on a person. This puts them into blissful ignorance for a short period of time, which allows me to land any single attack. After the effect wears off, I can't use the ability again for a while, and the person I just used it on is immune for a long duration."

Harmonic Link: "Ah yes, one of my favorite abilities! I can make a pact with any single person, which allows them to receive less damage from wounds and magic. However, the damage that they would have received is inflicted upon me, so it's fair! Just a quick side note, I do receive more of the damage than them, like a 60/40 split. What I love most about this is that the target and I share complete harmonious thinking. It's basically perfect teamwork."

Inner Harmony: "Ah, I can do this thing where I can make myself become physically stronger, more flexible, quicker, and react faster. It's a normal buff but I tend to get drained the longer I use it. What makes it worse is that I tend to have withdrawal symptoms once I stop buffing myself. A passive ability from Inner Harmony allows me to heal my own wounds faster, which in itself is already a neat-o ability!"

Healing Bracelets: "These two bracelets on my wrists are my friendship bracelets! They're magic bracelets too. If I throw them at someone, they'll lock onto the enemy's wrists. Then I can choose to either heal their wounds or disharmonize their thoughts."

Strengths:
Close Combat: "A few of the martial arts I've mastered would be Aikido, Capoeira and Wing Chun. All arts in self-defense and deflecting enemy aggression. I just don't want to hurt anyone~!"
Mental Magic Resistance: "Oh no, I'm pretty resistant to emotional manipulation. I guess it's a little godly blessing from dear Mama. Thanks Ma!"
Devout Subject: "PFFFT I can not lead a group. I'd crack under the pressure, hence me always letting other people take the lead."
Team Support: "As long as the team is one, I'll do my best to support my teammates!"

Weaknesses:
Armed Combat: "My guy, if I see the enemy with a weapon you can be sure I'm booking it out of there. I mean I can handle them but it's a blade! I don't wanna get my hands hurttt."
Gullibility: "What am I supposed to do? It's not like I can debate, I failed debate society in school!"
Ranged Combat: "I can throw my chakram, but I'm just disarming myself and giving them a perfectly nice bracelet! Again I'd rather run than try my hand in catching projectiles!"

Likes: "DANCING. For sure. It's such a good workout and it's fun too! If I had my way we'd have a dance studio in camp but alas, that's just a dream. What else do I like... OH! Sweet treats. Just give me a cupcake and I'd die for you. Thankfully I can get all the dessert I want in the Dining Pavilion! For my third like, I'd be cheating on my doggo if I didn't say pets are the third. She's just a cutie-pie~ How can anyone not like her!"

Dislikes: "Alcohol!! Why would anyone want to drink that?? It's intoxicating, it's dangerous, it's addicting, and it's not even sweet! If it was sweet maybe I'd try it but even then I wouldn't like it! If there's anything I dislike even more than alcohol would be fighting with my friends. I can't bear the thought of being mad at them or even making them mad at me, it makes me saddd. The last one would definitely be anything bitter. Because... WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR TONGUE. I spoil my taste buds with as much sweet as possible~."

Fears: "I am absolutely terrified of snakes. I know it's a pet but something about snakes makes me wanna run away screaming. If anyone were to give me a snake I'd probably cry right then and there."

Ailments: "You'd think I'd have diabetes with all the sweets I eat but no sir! I'm a healthy boi and I eat my veggies! I do have ADHD and dyslexia though, like most of the others!"

other

No. of Years at CHB/CJ: "Oh I've been here for a great three years, it's been the time of my life!"
Weapon of Choice: "Ah yes, my friendship bracelets? DON'T LAUGH. They aren't normal bracelets. I can will them to turn into my celestial bronze chakram, deadly sharpened rings that have a handle in the center. I'm extremely good with them! If needed, I can also throw them as a ranged weapon. Although I can't will them to return immediately, they do return to my wrists in bracelet form when I get too far. I do only use my chakram when my martial arts are too much of a disadvantage!"

Background: "Ohhh gosh. I have a much simpler background story compared to all the other campers. I'm really vanilla... Nevertheless, I will tell the story. I was adopted by my amazing parents, Sam and Jo Valdez. It was pretty easy for me to find out I was adopted, I mean, even by the names anyone could tell I was an adopted kid. But that didn't stop them from seriously loving me! I have such cool parents owo. I aged pretty normally, being a social butterfly in school and such. I was bullied by the teachers though, they didn't seem to understand the concept that some children have dyslexia! So I kept bouncing around schools, public or private, all ending in failure. Pretty vanilla so far yeh? Well it all went wrong on my 14th birthday. Apparently, my biological father was still alive! Like what? I lived for fourteen good years and only NOW you show up? Come on Dad, I'm still your kid right? So he showed up, and he wanted to take me to the circus that was in town. I said no. Then he added a visit to the ice parlor. Heh, well OBVIOUSLY I had to go! So when we got to the circus, the snakes that they brought of for show, the anacondas and such, those things were HUGE! Like wowzer big. But when we got close, it tried to attack me! My dad came to my rescue, but his mortal strength had nothing on these monster anacondas. It squeezed and squeezed and I blacked out. The next thing I knew, I was being carried on someone's back, both of us were really wounded, and we crossed over the boundary in to Camp Half Blood. So.. yeah, that's how I ended up here! From there, my mother claimed me, I learned my martial arts, I received the bracelets, and best of all, I visited the dining pavilion. Those goblets man, I can summon whatevEEERR I want.

Relationships: N/A

no slide no slide no slide

code by @GH0STM0TH

Last edited:
  • kaitlin liu
    where'd all the time go?
    open up

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back