• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

(P&P) Desperate Times (A Simple-System Superhero RP)

Last question for a while, promise: would it be all right if I posted screenshots from tabletop sim for my rolls? I'm just trying to get some use out of this thing

Actually actual lasy question for real: when are characters are ready for review, should we post them here or wait for a character sheet thread?

Last edited:
Last question for a while, promise: would it be all right if I posted screenshots from tabletop sim for my rolls? I'm just trying to get some use out of this thing

Actually actual lasy question for real: when are characters are ready for review, should we post them here or wait for a character sheet thread?

No, I mean, it's just one of those things.

And

Either one really, if you want feedback, feel free to post here for the bump, but eventually there will be a trio of actual RP threads for characters, rolls, OOC, and IC.

No sweat, we know how hard being GM is. Don't worry about how it sounds, just get the critical details down and we can flesh it out as we go along <3

Oh hey, question: I can't tell from the description if heal/repair can target the user, or if it can only target others. (I'm coming from a dnd background, where all touch spells can also target self unless the spell's text specifically says otherwise.) Can you give a ruling on this?

Oh hey, question: I can't tell from the description if heal/repair can target the user, or if it can only target others. (I'm coming from a dnd background, where all touch spells can also target self unless the spell's text specifically says otherwise.) Can you give a ruling on this?

Based on the fact that the game offers regeneration as a separate ability, and draws a line between port self and port other, I'm going to say you can't use the healing/repair power on yourself the way you could use the medical/repair skill ... although I, too, am conflicted about this ... because Lay on Hands ... but ruling made :P

also, setting notes ... I got frustrated and rushed through most of this draft, but I think it gets most of the point across. Hit me up with any questions people!

The year is 2053. Thirty years ago a catastrophic meteor storm fell to earth, causing incalculable damage across Europe, Russia, and the northern halves of Asia and Africa. Nicknamed 'The November Crisis,' The loss of life was even worse than the physical damage, but we came together and crawled back out of the ashes changed. Chemical compounds in the extraterrestrial objects had been released into the atmosphere, changing the human genome in some cases, gifting 15% of the human global population with superhuman abilities. This was only the first domino to fall. Aliens, alternate dimensions, magic, by the 2040s, 25% of the Terran population could be described, in one way or another, as Inhuman. With the crisis in the past, countries grew selfish again, pulled back into their corners. Old problems of crime, inequality, poverty, bigotry, disease, and corruption returned, worsened. Where there were military dictatorships before, there were now rulers with elite meta-human armies to oppress their people. Where there were robbers and murderers and mob bosses before, there were now super-criminals. Mutated plagues, huge population growth ...

Something needed to be done.

In Canada, the problem was over-population. Directly following the November Crisis, the UN funded the Canadian government in the building of Mega-Cities across the most underdeveloped Provinces. On the west coast, Neo-Galiano overtook existing cities and territories, currently stretching from Squamish in the North, to Chilliwack in the east. Huge slums, rampant addiction issues and poverty, underfunded civic services, and a deep-rooted, thriving criminal underbelly, Neo-Galiano isn't a utopia, but it beats living in a blast crater, or a refugee camp. A roof over your head, running water, electricity, and internet are all provided by the government, but life is desperate, money isn't something that's easy to come by ... people are losing hope.

Something needs to be done.

So ... what chu gonna do super-freak?

And as previously stated, we're doing 30 hero dice, 9 max rank, and 10 health, but not previously mentioned is that we're using ALL the gritty rules at once.

... again, if you don't have to rulebook yet, just google [Thruxus.shadows-angels Prowlers and Paragons] ... or do the noble thing and buy it like Cherbear.

Oh right, duh. Regeneration makes it obvious what the intent was. Thanks! And that setting intro looks great~

I don't know, I'm still torn, because one is active, and one is passive ... like, they really are totally different ... but I do also know there are a few superheroes who can heal others, but not themselves, so I figure this is best ... I think ... maybe -_-

EDIT: OH! and thanks!

That's okay, I figure if you wanted you could add a pro onto heal / repair to allow it to target self for like +2d cost or something

I locked myself out of my apartment building last night ... not my proudest moment, but it means the CSs will be up tonight, and not (obviously) last night. Who still needs a copy of the rules/has any questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back