• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Overwatch Character - Kai Ashikaga/Skyfire

Starlight_Flowers

Starlight
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My gal is a MASSIVE work in progress. I know she has a lot going on and is very similar to Genji, I'm planning on seriously fixing that, I just had wrote down the basic outline of what I wanted her to be and planned on fixing her up. For now, this is what I have

Name: Kai Ashikaga

Alias: Skyfire

Race: Asian

Nationality: Japanese

DOB: April 1st.

Height: 5'4 or 162.65 cm

Weight: 126 lbs or 57 kg

Job before OW: Assassin for hire/vigilante

Love interest: Genji Shimada

Affiliation: Ashikaga Clan (formerly), Overwatch (currently)

Role: Offence/Damage

Health Max: 195

Weapon: Twin katanas and kunais (throwing knives).

Ammo Max: She can throw up to 24 kunais until having to reload.

Personality: When she was young, Kai was carefree, fun and outgoing. After her father started making her act like a boy, she mellowed out a bit, but since she spent time with Genji, she was mischivious and goofed around a lot. Despite, she was a bit hot headed After Talon, she became quiet, recluse. She was very temperamental and blood thirsty for revenge. Though after meeting McCree, she chilled. She became fun again and goofed off every now and then. She can and will have fun when she wants to or if she's wasted. Kai is known to be sarcastic as well.

Appearance: (I will draw her eventually, it's late right now though and school has me so damn tired)
Growing up, Kai had long, raven colored hair, until her father went insane. Her hair was docked short into a boyish style. Her eyes (which are still organic) are a dark blue. Her cheeks have freckles. She still kept her hair like that for the first few months after joining Overwatch, but then grew it out. On her remaining human parts, she has pale white skin. Her cyborg parts are grey with azure blue biolights. Her biolights are on her torso, waist, legs, arms, neck, back and helmet. The only remaining human parts she has left are some of her organs, her reproductive system, most of her face and head, some of her back (not including her shoulder blades and spine), and some of her waist/hips/stomach. The rest is cybernetic.

Her hero armor - is similar to Genji's, except grey with blue biolights instead of green, and more feminine, and obviously a different design that I haven't really thought of yet. Her's has built-in jet boosters on the upper back. Of course it has katana sheaths and a slot of her kunai knives.

Casual clothes - She wears jeans and dark hoodies with converse. They're best for hiding the worst of her maimed body. Her hair hides the rest on her head/face and neck after she grows it out.

Relationships:
Akko Ashikaga - Kai's father and the leader of the Ashikaga Clan. He was a loving father and husband before his wife, Rin Ashikaga, died. He turned cold and unforgiving after that, his friendship with Shojiro Shimada ending abruptly, making them rivals. His once peaceful Clan turned into a Clan of crime and treachery. Decided he wanted a son instead of a daughter to lead the Clan after his passing. He found that Kai was spending time with Shojiro's youngest son, Genji and sent her away to Talon. He regretted it though, he regretted everything. It was an even more rude awakening when his once sweet cherry blossom came back and killed him, revealing to now be a deadly andromeda flower.

Rin Ashikaga - Kai's mother and Akko's wife. She died when Kai was young due to an unknown illness. She was a gentle and soft-spoken woman who fought for what she believed in. She loved her family dearly. She was pregnant with a boy when she died.

Genji Shimada - Youngest son of Shojiro Shimada, Hanzo Shimada's younger brother, and one of Kai's oldest friend's slash friendly rival. He along with Kai didn't really understand that rivalry between their Clans, so they just ignored it. He had no clue that Kai was actually female. He does not know where his friend disappeared to, not knowing that Kai's father sent her away. He tried to find her, but failed. They meet again, many years later in Overwatch.

Hanzo Shimada - Oldest son of Shojiro and older brother of Genji Shimada. He was not all that close to Kai, since he wished to follow in his father's footsteps. But, they sometimes meditated together and drank tea in the garden. He comforted his brother when his close friend disappeared. He knew what had happened, he just didn't have the heart to tell Genji. When they met again, he promises not to let anyone know about Kai's secret.

Jesse McCree - Best friend and older brother figure. He met the cybernetic assassin during a raid, Kai totally stealing his kill, that son of a b- ugh. It took some time for them to get along, but they did after some time. Both of them mostly bonded over their favorite alcoholic drinks and shooting practice. McCree is attempting to teach Kai to shoot a gun and it's going.....okay. Commander Morrison is gonna need a new visor though. Whoops! He is not aware of Kai being a chick.

Moira O'Deorain - The head scientist who worked on Kai when she first arrived to the SEP lab. She broke the young girl's mind and remade it. Due to this, Kai hates her with a burning passion

SEP - Hates them with all her soul. They made her like this, they are going to pay next. Moria is on her shit list.

Background/Bio:
Kai was the daughter of the Ashikaga Clan's leader, Akko Ashikaga. Their home was located in Hanamura, Japan, and rivaled the Shimada Clan. Since she was the only heir to the Ashikaga Clan and a girl, her father made her dress as a boy, since he wanted a son, not a daughter. She was put in training and school with the Shimada brothers, despite their fathers' rivalry. Neither Shimada knowing she was female. She managed to grow quite close to Genji, both of them not wanting to lead their respective Clans.
Despite her trying her best to please her father, it just was never enough. He finally got fed up with her, especially after finding out she was sneaking out to meet Genji. So he gave her to SEP as a test subject when she was 15. They made her a half human, half omnic-hybrid. In other words, a cybernetic assassin. They had made her their perfect little hit man after years of trying. Or so they had thought. Angered by her unwilling transformation, she had killed the scientists who had made her like this. She managed to escape SEP when she was 24 and escaped back to Hanamura to find her father. That didn't end too well in his favor, now that he was six feet under.
But she wasn't satisfied. She was still hungry for revenge and her mind was broken, so she became a vigilante of sorts. She attacked multiple SEP labs and bases and raided them for upgrades for her new body. During a raid she met the infamous, gun-slinger for hire Jesse McCree when she was, who after some trial and error, nursed her mind back to a healthier mentality and became her partner in crime. A rather odd duo, a cyborg ninja and a cowboy, but they managed to work.
Depending on the roleplay - She joins Blackwatch at the age of 27 and goes into hiding after OW is disbanded. She's not sure if she wishes to rejoin when it's recalled

Ability 1: Kunai - Throws a two kunais at a time | Deals 28 damage
Ability 2: Twin katanas - Melee attack | Deals 50 damage
Passive Ability: Jet Burst - Short burst of energy from her boosters on her back to help her double jump and climb walls. Can also boost her forwards like Genji's Swift Strike
Ultimate Ability: Fritz Out - Has built of enough charge to send it out in a shockwave of electricity that stuns enemies for 10 seconds and deals 15 damage.

Quotes/Interactions:
Mission quotes
-I'm not getting paid enough to do this...
-Hurry it up!
-Move it people, go go go!
-Hurt my family, and I will kill you!
-I'd give my life to protect this team
-I have a whole bottle of whiskey waiting for me at home when we're through with this.
-You'll regret that
-Dammit!

Ult quotes-
-My ult is ready! Get ready for a shocking experience! (To team)
-You're about to get the shock of your life! (To enemies)

Extras: Kai has always had a love for stars and space. She often sits on the base's roof and gazes at the stars above, drinking tea and meditating.
Her and Genji often make sarcastic or snarky remarks in Japanese to each other under their breaths during meetings or tell inappropriate jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back