Overview & Main Roleplay

South Yunakai--

The demon cat perked in interest when it noticed the hobbit vanish from sight, and from then on the slinky cat followed our heroes. The cat had long, unruly whiskers and coarse black hair that appeared singed along its tail. Overall, it looked like an ordinary old cat, except for his stout legs. The black cat had unusually short legs, keeping his body close to the ground and seeming to slow his speed. However, the cat still managed to stealthily follow. He could see that two of the men were attempting to communicate inconspicuously, and so he kept his watchful yellow eyes on these two.  

Edwin couldn't stop a malicious grin from forming at his lips and he chuckled, "good choice", he said to Lance. He was glad to see the king was finally coming around to what a foolish weakling Cecile was... or at least he hoped their agreement indicated this. 

"With pleasure", he added next, and with a quick snap of his fingers the unsuspecting princess was wrapped in a white spiraling light that caused her body to shrink and shrink and shrink... down to the size of a little white mouse. Edwin continued to laugh as he stepped forward and plucked up the rodent princess by the nape of her neck. 

It all happened too quickly for Cecile to react before being transformed into a mouse. Now she was squirming in protest from between Edwin's thumb and index finger. When at last she was able to catch onto his hand, she didn't hesitate to bite it. Edwin wasn't bothered. He shifted to hold Cecile by the tail, letting her dangle and fight more.

"Oh, hang tight, will you?" He laughed. "Look it even has her eyes", pointed out Edwin. Indeed, the tiny mouse had large circular eyes, bright blue in color and reminiscent of Cecile's human eyes. Without waiting another moment, Edwin shoved the rodent into his pocket, stowing her away to hopefully ride out the remainder of the trip. The Emerald Thorn sighed in his relief, feeling much more confident now that he was among a group of men. Now that Cecile was taken care of, Edwin strode to the front of the group where Lanister and Yoren were investigating a demonic smell.

"If there is a demon present we'll find it", said Edwin with a nod as Lanister took his leave to find Aizen. He looked to Yoren and back to Oromis and Lance. With these men, he was confident they could handle anything to come their way.

The wide pupils of the demon cat stretched vertically into narrow ovals as it watched the girl be transformed, mesmerized like a predator eyeing its prey.

The master will have to know about this... he thought, licking his lips. 

@Trombone Geek @DemetrioMachete @Inheritance @Dalamus Ulom @transcendantviewer

Last edited by a moderator:
Natha would nod, before looking towards Maeve. He would then look towards the other two. "Excuse us a second, would you? There is something I need to do. "He said, gently taking Maeve's shoulder, and leading her away. Once away, Natha would take a deep breath, before speaking. "Maeve....This could end 'really' bad. I will not, and never will, lie to you. Among most other demons, I can control this, but among demons like this.....those I share a past with...."Natha would take a deep breath, before speaking. "Maeve....This demon killed two of my siblings before me. While killing him would be a service to anyone, what I do will also be vengeance.....that, I cannot avoid. I don't have the strength in my heart to ever forgive that demon.....But, I will say this: Quezor is very powerful, and his skill in blood magic is unparalleled.....It may come down to it that I have to resort to an extreme measure to take him down..."Natha said, knowing Kalamitat would likely get where he was going with that.

Natha would then do something unexpected- He would draw his dagger, the former kings sword, and place it in Maeve's hand.

"I designed this blade to be my bane.....Maeve, I want you to promise me, to swear up your own life and nation....that If I cannot regain control of myself.....You will plunge this dagger into my chest and kill me. "Natha said. HE would wrap her hand around the dagger, and hold it tight. " Please Maeve. I need you to promise me this. I hate taking a cowards way out, but this is something I don't know if I can control....I never want to become what I fight against. Never. Promise me you'll do it, If I am too far gone." Natha asked her, staring at her directly in the eye. They'd see.....fear in his eyes. He was scared, beyond scared, that he would lose himself.

He was placing an enormous amount of trust in Kalamitat and Maeve both, to give them this blade. He was basically putting his life in their hands.

@Trombone Geek

Oromis Silverspire

Alright...turning the girl into a rat. Strange.  Why was that a good idea? There has to be some consequences...bah who cares it won't effect him. He stepped a but closer, still away from the group really.  "Edwin you fool. That's horrible you turned her into a damn rodent. " He then grinned "she's gonna be whining for hours when she gets a mouth again." He glanced around. Already the group seemed stronger, so he moved with them. "WHAT'S THE PLAN STAN?" He boomed, his voice echoed across the barren place. "I vote on killing these things." Not at all quietly... @Enuky @Andraus @DemetrioMachete

South Yunakai--

Cecile didn't even know what happened to her until it was well too late for her to stop it. The next thing she knew she was withering about from between Edwin's fingers, trying desperately to escape the grip of the knight she perceived to have just been attacked by. In a last ditch attempt to be freed, Cecile chomped into Edwin's hand, but the knight only laughed as he grabbed her by the tail to dangle upside down. Unsure of how to speak in this form, the tiny mouse twisted around to face Lance with pleading, blue eyes, hoping that at least he would help her, but in another second she was stuffed into the dark pocket of Edwin's britches. 

From within his pocket she continued to thrash about, but her tantrum went unanswered. It was much to the frustrated princess's dismay; she found the pocket snug and smelly... and she wanted out. She wriggled around until the booming voice of Oromis could be heard, causing her to finally lay still and listen. It sounded as though the king of Yunakai was angry about her treatment. He appeared to be scolding Edwin until...

"She's gonna be whining for hours when she gets a mouth again".

Now Cecile realized he wasn't there to save her at all. Appalled, the demoralized princess slumped into a pout, finally accepting her predicament.

Edwin was worried when Oromis first spoke; he used a stern voice before leading into his joke. Now Edwin found himself amused and relaxed; there was much less pressure on him without the princess there to supervise. He let out a long series of laughter in response to the king's joke, but it was no time to play, he realized. He took the lead in front of the group, as only Yoren, Oromis, and Lance were present. 

As the group moved Oromis spoke out again. Edwin answered him, "the plan is to get around the Wyrm's skull as fast as we can. Sir Lanister and Aizen will follow on their own", he said. He hoped their transition would go smoothly. 

The small village was eerily peaceful due to how quiet was. There wasn't a living being in sight. There was only the monarchs and more dead bodies. Unlike Aizen and Lanister, Edwin chose to lead the group away from the bandit footprints spotted by Yoren. He hoped that this way they would pass undetected. Little did he know, the short demon cat had already done so.

Suddenly, a familiar face appeared before them, startling Edwin until he realized it was only that disgusting little hobbit reemerging from invisibility He sighed, annoyed by the surprise and brushed his brow before acknowledging him. "Sir Lanister has already left to find you", he said with a hint of annoyance in his tone. He was irritated that Lanister would be searching in vein, but his irritation was then forgotten when Aizen delivered the important news of his discovery.

"Flesh eating creatures?" He asked, shaking his head. He paused to stare around the empty village, understanding that these demons must be responsible for the grim state of it. "Of all the things I never would have expected the town to be overrun by a few demons. Disgusting." He spit on the ground and turned back to the group, "it looks like we're going on a demon hunt", he announced.

"Take us to the demons". Edwin knew they could't leave this small town at the mercy of demons, and he was confident Oromis would feel the same way about protecting his kingdom.

@DemetrioMachete

. . .

Prudence and Yaro spent the remainder of the morning together as they prepared for the journey ahead of them. She didn't protest against any of Yaro's special care... from having clothes brought to her to having handcrafted toys brought in for her Alfio. Such attention once would have irritated the queen-to-be, but now she had a changed perspective. Prudence felt that she deserved to be coddled and pampered, and was touched by Yaro's care. It was a life she was never given as a child. She was the mother of the prince of South Yunakai, and for that she could live with the extra attention.

It was then that Yaro began questioning her about the journey again. In truth, she didn't wish to go. She only wanted to be safe and with her baby... but she couldn't have this while staying in the manor without the king. She would have to accompany him... for both she and Alfio's protection. Prudence twisted a strand of her long black hair  in thought as she ran her thoughts over all they had prepared before saying, "I need for us to be comfortable throughout the trip", she explained. She was, after all, still a new mother. She would frequently need to nurse the little one, and was also still out of shape from childbirth. Indeed, Prudence was most apprehensive about travelling in these conditions.

Before Yaro could respond to her, there was a distant knocking at the manor doors. A look of concern came to Prudence's green hues as she followed Yaro to the main entrance of the manor. She stood close behind his strong figure as he opened the door, peering around his body and allowing Yaro to take charge of this encounter.

@Andraus @Dalamus Ulom @DemetrioMachete @Inheritance @transcendantviewer @Trombone Geek

Lenelia stood with a quirked eyebrow as Dread jumped the entire length of the bridge. Sure, it likely wouldnt have held him, but such a maneuver seemed largely unnecessary. In comparison to Dread, Lenelia quietly crossed the bridge, without any problems.

"....Let's keep going, then?" he asked the Warforged, seeming to withhold the desire to laugh at what just happened.

@transcendantviewer

. . .

Aizen nodded with urgency as he drew a shortsword, heading back into the town. The scent of bodies and burnt cherries was antagonizing.. all the while, he kept his eyes out for Lanister, who appeared to be absent from the group.

@Enuky

@Trombone Geek

@Andraus

@Inheritance

@Dalamus Ulom

Dreadnought nods, rolling his shoulders as he rises to stand, wiping dust and dirt from his armor. "So what can you tell me about this region? None of this existed when I was here last. It's all so... cultivated... and modified. Last time I was here, there wasn't a bridge here."

@DemetrioMachete

"Well, uh.. I know in Yunakai, it's one of the only places where magic has been legal. That said.. a lot of criminals and vagabonds get the jump on people with spells like Firebolt, Command, so on so forth." He hadn't really been to Yunakai before.. Lenelia was struggling to say anything about it. "I know there's a uh.. a a landmark or something, down in these parts. Wyrm's Head? Beyond that Ive got nothing."

"I see we're both strangers to this land. Well, that's fine. As long as you know where you're going, there won't be any problems." Dreadnought replies, rolling his shoulder and walking with his bard companion.

Yoren nodded at Lanister's statement. Yoren doubted they'd be much help if any actual demons decided to show themselves. While he was distracted, he did not notice what Edwin was doing until it was to late to stop him. To change someone's form without permission was simply deplorable, so for a knight to do it to the person he was charged with protecting was beyond despicable.

However, he kept his silence for now. He was alone with these two men, neither of whom he would trust even with even a thimble. "You should not have done tha-" Yoren would begin to scold the younger man, until Oromis would interupt him without even a second thought. It would seem they cared little for what he had to say. Imbeciles.

Suddenly, Aizen would appear from around the corner, shouting about little ugly flesh eaters up the road. "Congratulations, Aizen. You can smell magic. Dark and demonic magic has a scent like burnt cherries, you see." Yoren explained. "The creatures you saw were imps. More rodent than actual demon, they usually hitchhike on the summoning of larger demons. We should be fine as long as they didn't catch your scent, and we stay quiet," Yoren would say, right before Oromis would shout at the top of his lungs about someone named Stan and Edwin would begin towards the demons.

"Uggh, may Basium preserve. I certainly hope these are not the best heroes Morganna has to offer, or we're all going to die," Yoren would whisper to Aizen. Getting up from his crouch, he would draw his pistols, before nine imps would rush towards the group. "Joy," The old master said, before opening fire, hitting one of the imps twice in the chest, for it to explode like a little bloody volcano. Discarding the pistols, Yoren would draw another two pistols, fireing them into the crowd of imps. Another two dead.

@Enuky @Trombone Geek @Inheritance @DemetrioMachete @Andraus

Sir Edward nodded at Natha's guesses for why Quezor chose Traghad as his hiding spot. "That does seem right. Once we get there, we will also have to worry about the Radiant Guard and the other defensive automatons."

The Radiant Guard were enchanted suits of armor created during the time of Kylorin to protect the castle from intrusion. It would seem ironic now that the very things created to defend the people of Yunakai find themselves now blocking them from learning more about their own history.

RadiantGuardTitle.png

"Apparently, Traghad's magical defenses have been going a bit wild lately, more than likely due to Quezor's presence and his activities there," Edward said. Upon Natha's request, Edward would nod, as the prince and the young woman seperated from them. Though he heared everything, his mind was not focusing on it, so Natha's words would barely register in the old knights mind.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Ferris would find the castle seemingly in the middle of what some would call a war. A war between demons and... Hollow suits of armor? Whatever the case, it was doubtable that Ferris cared much about it. As she would continue through the castle, killing everything she encountered, a large demon, one made by Arawn, based on it's rather horrifying and yet stupidly impractical design, would spot her. Making an odd trumpeting sound, it would stamp it's feet before attempting to charge Ferris

Daemon_by_Manzanedo.jpg

@Andraus @Trombone Geek

Upon the door being opened, Falamar and his three jacks would do deep, almost comical bows. He didn't know how high and mighty the servants would feel, so he decided to humor them, with his men following along. The person who had answered the door was rather handsome fellow, though a bit plain looking. It seemed as though he were preparing to travel somewhere. The woman hiding behind him was rather short, and a little pudgey, but all together not unattractive. "Greetings, good man! My name is Captain Falamar, and I come as an official representative of the Lanun Free States, or as close to one as possible, and an ally to your king. It would do me great honor if you would take me to him," Falamar announced.

The Lanun Free States were less a united nation, and more an island chain with over a hundred seperate 'nations' covering the little bodies of land, with bare, empty coastline containing the only peace. It was difficult to get the Lanun to agree on much, what with every man, woman, and child thinking they had the best idea to keep them moving forward.

6757ff69093fdcd14400a78f52e889c8.jpg

@Andraus @Enuky

Maeve listened to Natha speak, nodding in understanding. She knew how a smouldering anger like that felt when contained for a long time. She was perfectly okay with him taking revenge on Quezor, and was accepting of the fact that he might lose it completely. She had nothing against his admitted weakness and did not childishly try to deny it.

"Let me try my full hand before you try that, at least," she insisted as she took the sword, absentmindedly running her fingers (avoiding the sharp edge, of course). "If I run out of options, I'll let you know, and if we have nothing else to try then you can do your thing. But only then, no sooner. Keep it under wraps. Leave the battle if it becomes too hard to withstand. Your demonic side is our last resort," she repeated. "Do you understand?" Her voice was firm, brooking no room for argument.

"Now that that's settled, we should head back to the other two." Maeve made no attempt at hiding the sword, but didn't act like anything unexpected had happened; she had had a feeling Natha might do this sort of thing. 

"The Radiant Guard? Hm. I'm wondering, though; have they gone haywire and served the demons, or are they attacking them? If they're still active then I doubt they're just sitting there," she suggested.

///

Lance scowled at Edwin's treatment of the princess, but kept quiet. He cast a sideways glance at Yoren, who was grumbling crankily to Aizen--probably about Oromis and Edwin--before engaging the imps along with the other two men. Lance unsheathed his own sword and, with no hint of anything other than practicality, began cutting down the imps. Yoren was right, they were weak, and hardly a challenge in any way other than sheer numbers. 

"It's probably better to cut them down, Master Yoren," Lance said. "Give some measure of respect to the dead, and clean out a nuisance." He was glad they'd kept Cecile out of this fight, since the number of dead had only increased as the group had entered the village, and many of the bodies had obviously been eaten or desecrated. It was a horrid sight, no matter who you were.

///

Ferris had grown remarkably bored in the last hour of cutting through automatons and demons alike, but the strange cry of a giant and poorly-mashed-together demon sparked her excitement again. Some challenge about this one, hopefully? She flourished her nagamaki with a grin, falling into a wide and steady defensive stance as the demon charged. "So, do I get to be snarky or are you stupid and incapable of speech?" she asked, jumping to the side at the last moment and taking the advantage of her weapon's long handle and misconceivingly short blade to stab the beast in the muscle of one of its arm-things, driving the blade home to the crossguard before pulling a serrated knife out of her coat and placing it in the sword's place; now any time the creature moved its left arm it would be tearing up muscle and scraping bone, and it didn't even have the hands to pull it out! Pathetic, really.

Eyeing her prey, Ferris hummed to herself, considering what move to make next while the beast suffered. "Your creator really wasn't very smart, was he? Even can create a better demon! What, did he graduate from sculpting Play-Doh?" 

South Yunakai--

Keeping low to the ground, the cat watched heavy with anticipation. He was curious to observe the group in action, especially that one. That one... He couldn't help but gaze upon Edwin with hungry eyes as the man drew his sword and released a strange battle cry before charging into the imps. The imps scattered like flies, running outward in all directions to avoid the swing of his sword. 

Edwin was enjoying himself, choosing brute strength over magic to attack the imps. With another swing of his arm he beheaded an imp, sending blood spewing everywhere as it thrashed about momentarily like a dying chicken. He was ready to swing at another one when a brave imp hopped onto his back, clawing his neck and holding onto it, causing Edwin to stumble forward.

His ears twitched and his mouth watered. He readied himself from the grass and pounced, slashing his long claws into Edwin's pocket. In one swoop off his paw he ripped it away, batting Cecile a short distance where she fell into the grass.

Edwin, shifted his weight and sent the small imp careening into the ground. He twisted around just in time to see the bakeneko, "Cat!" he called out, scanning the ground for the lost princess, but in another second the cat already had her in his mouth. He ran, producing a whistling breeze behind him as he took off in the direction of the Wyrm head.

His spirits were high. The master will be pleased, and once her spell wears off I can eat her. Heehee, human girl, he thought in his delight, knowing no humans could keep up with the speed of a demon cat. 

@Trombone Geek

( @Enuky  I am making a guess you don't want us to rescue her?)

Lanister had to hold off a small group of the Imps, but he was doing rather well for himself. Picking up one, he would place a searing hand on it's head, before lighting would start cascading around it. Tossing it towards the main group, the imp would explode, killing the group that was near him in a single blow. "Pathetic Vermin. Before we were assassins, we were demon hunters. Your pathetic attempts at our destruction will do nothing but make us stronger. " Lanister said, before he heard Edwin call out. He then saw the cat.....no, that wasn't a cat, that was a damn Bakeneko! Anyone who knew the difference in demonology could tell.

For the love of god, was this what his kingdom was reduced too? Idiots like Edwin and Thornton? By the spirits, Cecile seemed to be the only smart one, and she still had growing up to do!

Lanister would hold up his handheld crossbow, and begin firing bolts at the demon cat and, despite not being nearly fast enough, used magic to try and keep up with it. "Get back here, Demon spawn! " He said. He knew the odds of him actually catching up to this speed demon was near zero, but dammit if he wouldn't try!  Sending out sparks of lighting and crossbow bolts, doing his best to avoid hurting the princess, Lanister tried to keep up for as long as he could.

@Trombone Geek @Dalamus Ulom

Natha would just sigh in relief. "Thank you Maeve....." He said, before hugging her. "Thank you." He honestly sounded relieved. Was he really that scared of his inner demon?

Natha would then move back, before running a hand through his hair, and walking back. He would then walk into the room with the other two, and bow his head. "Thank you two for your patience....I believe we are ready to leave. "He said, before he finally placed his bag over his back. He would then bow to the two. "Sir Edward. Lady Louise. At your discretion. " Natha said. Though it wasn't necessary for him to call the Sir and Lady, Natha still had his annoying training in the arts of noble etiquette. This meant he showed respect and courtesy to those he saw above his rank. Though this may be harmless, it was odd for someone of noble birth to treat others with such humility.

Trials by fire normally shape individuals, and it seemed that Natha was humbled by his trials.

Trying to find a way to start a conversation, Natha would pull his bow off his back, and show it to Louise (trying to include Dalamus a bit more) "You use your bow as if you were born with it in your hand....You have the eyes of a natural born and trained hunter, a good trait to have. " Natha said, before handing her his. "My bow was forged for hunting as well, but our prey is different...where you hunt bandits and beasts of the wild, I hunt Demons and Monsters, both inhuman monsters and human monsters. Make no mistake, my weapon is a killing tool. " Natha said, placing it on his back, as he would follow after them.

Yaro would cross his arms as he heard the man spoke, before sighing. "The Free states? I've heard of you before, and I have great respect of your autonomy.....My name is Yaro Azarus, King of Southern Yunakai. " Yaro said. He preferred his plain clothing, as it was not only comfortable to travel in, but it allowed him to remember that he wasn't always a noble, he was an Adventurer. " I will take your hand in friendship, so long as you mean no ill will to my fiancee and my child. " Yaro said, before moving to the side. "Please, come in. It's been too long since I've met another Lanun, I haven't seen one since my friend Guthar died. " He said, this bringing up a painful recollection, but Yaro bit it down.

@DemetrioMachete

Mizuki's eyes glowed at the prospective he offered. She wanted to take his offer, and show him just how 'wild' she could be.....however, Mizuki would lightly take her hand away. "An offer I would love to accept.....But no. " Mizuki said, staring at the mans eyes. "Do not mistake my words for lack of interest....by the gods, I would love nothing more than to ravish you here and now, but I am not some succubus who would spread her legs for any and all. I take a great....care, with those I choose to be with. " Mizuki said, lightly running her hand over his scars. 

"I want to know if what I feel is real.....but for now.....take what I can offer, as a gift."

Mizuki would take his face, and lean over.....she would kiss him, and he'd be able to feel the barley restrained dark passion behind it. She obviously wanted to go farther, but she had more self control than that. Pulling away, and picking up her gear, she would head for the door, before smiling towards him. "Thank you....for a wonderful time." She said, before walking out. Oddly, she felt....different, as if a deep shadow had been pulled off her.

Self-control.

Indeed. Klaus had been lecturing himself mentally about this very issue the moment he met Mizuki. As much control as he thought he had, he was thusly proven wrong by Mizuki's refusal. Before he could say anything, though, the doctor felt her lips against his. His pupils dilated. Her darkness clashed with his radiance. It was so poetic. For once in his life, Klaus wondered if he was truly in love. As she parted, though, his senses returned. And wordlessly, he bowed to Mizuki as she left. Once she was out of sight, the doctor looked down at Cleveland. He himself, well he looked pitiful. Face first in a puddle of black and yellow vomit, still murmuring about hallucinogenic harlequins. Without a second thought, Klaus knelt down and drove the nearest sharp object into his head, sighing as he found himself within silence once again.

"Right.. need to get ready for our voyage." Come to think of it, Klaus was ready. He had his weapons, armor, and spells ready. All he needed now was to rendezvous with Yaro and Prudence. Out of the house and onto the streets he walked, rubbing his fingers against his temples.

. . .

Two of the Imps targeted Aizen. Before they could get into range, he took up his grappling hook, swung it around for momentum, and tossed it. It stuck right into the Imp's head, though it wasn't quite dead yet. With a sharp tug, Aizen used the first imp to trip up the second, and then, drawing his shortsword, leapt upon them, skewering both of their heads with one thrust. As Edwin made mention of a cat, Aizen spotted it, an eye twitching as he took note of how quick it was. Even his agility as a Shinobi wouldn't keep pace.

But the Halfling had a better idea.

His hand began to glow pink. Two fingers he pointed at the cat, uttering words of power.

"Fey! Fire!" 

With that, a ray of pink fire flew out towards the cat, seeking out its form like a cougar chasing a rabbit. If the Fey Fire struck, it wouldn't do it any harm, but it would coat the cat in a very easily spotted pink aura. If Edwin thought the cat was an issue, they could track it this way.

@Enuky

@Andraus

@Dalamus Ulom

@Trombone Geek

. . .

Before Lenelia could respond, he could hear it in the distance; the sounds of screaming beasts. Surely this was the work of their magic casting targets? 

"Let's not delay. Follow that screaming!" 

@transcendantviewer

Oromis Silverspire

Imps? Worthless. While the group attacked the things, he simply stood looking around, fists clenched. A few unfortunate imps that came near him would be battered to death by his fists which he coated in lightning. He heard Edwin's shout, and saw a cat sprinting off. He put two and two together quickly,  and conjured a bolt of lightning, and prepared to launch a rather powerful bolt...but he stopped, and released the magic. He'd kill her long before he stopped the cat...obviously some kind of spirit. He stared off, but made no move to go after them. "Edwin is going to be in trouble" he laughed,  and sat down on some rock, killing any imp that came near. "Who's gettin punished for that?"he scoffed.  @Enuky @Andraus @Trombone Geek @DemetrioMachete

South Yunakai--

The bakeneko swiftly gained distance between himself and the group, dodging Lanister's attacks while becoming harder to see. He darted uphill towards the Wyrm's skull. He would have been out of their sight in a matter of seconds if not for Aizen's quick action. The hobbit cast a spell that brought a pink light to his aura, making the cat easy to spot even from low within the grass. Now trailing behind the cat was a  bright streak of pink that seemed to linger after him in the grass, leaving a faint trail.

Edwin's face became flushed and pale as the cat took off, travelling at speeds he knew he could not keep up with. He paced and ran his fingers through his sweaty hair, wondering how long they had before the princess was cat food. 

I'm so sorry, princess, he thought. It was probably his only sincere apology to her. 

Oromis was just finishing up the last of the imps while Edwin paced and thought worriedly about the best course of action to take. He turned to Oromis who spoke then, seeming to ridicule him. What he said brought a hottnesss to Edwin's neck and face, and he guessed now that he was red too. 

When Oromis sat down upon a rock it made Edwin's blood boil. How could he sit at a time like this?! 

Cecile and the demon cat had already disappeared into the wyrm skull cave. 

"We have to go after them", said Edwin, starting his way in the direction the cat went only moments earlier. Luckily for Edwin, the cat wanted Cecile in human form, which would delay his meal. 

. . . 

Prudence wasn't ready when Yaro stepped out of the way and allowed Falamar to enter. It left her in the open before their guest, making her blush and hurry back to Yaro's side. The new mother was apprehensive about strangers. 

She quietly followed behind the two as Yaro led them through the manor. Her thoughts drifted away from her protector's words and back to her infant. How long had it been since she'd been with baby? Almost an hour, she thought, suddenly fighting the urge to go to baby...

@Dalamus Ulom @Andraus @DemetrioMachete @Inheritance @Trombone Geek 

Sooner than he imagined, Klaus was back at the domain of Yaro and Prudence. It was quiet, this time of day.. unusual. The doctor figured theyd have an army surrounding them at this point. Maybe said army was just in hiding. What with some of their ranks being Wilting Rose, Heinrich didn't doubt the possibility.

Politely, he entered, unopposed, due to his rank. Not long after, he came across the new faces, engaged with Yaro and Prudence. More delays.. Heinrich thought. More delays to keep him from the Gray Truth. Here he was, fully suited up and ready to go, and yet the King and Queen were still bogged down with diplomacy. Sighing audibly, the doctor folded his arms and waited.

@Andraus

@Dalamus Ulom

@Enuky

. . .

There were no more imps impeding him. Aizen pursued the cat, easily following it due to the pink trail it left in its wake. Aizen's agility was impressive, but it paled in comparison to a damn cat.. a creature bred for agility. 

"Follow the pink trail!"  the Halfling commanded, as he sprinted off into the cave.. 

@Inheritance

@Trombone Geek

. . .

Lenelia broke out into a run, not long after, his nose was assaulted by a foul scent. It reeked of amateur alchemy and poison. Were he not already well acquainted with far worse scents.. this would have made the Bard puke. "Oooh ho ho! Smell that, Dread!? We are close! For certain!"

@transcendantviewer

Oromis Silverspire 

If everyone else ran for the cat, he certainly did not. He sat, leaned a bit, and chuckled. "Don't waste effort. She will be dead long before you can hope to catch them!!" He yelled after them. "Why not stay here and celebrate the fact we can focus on real priorities?" He still didn't move, and watched people run after the cat. Good, that was one debt paid. The girl would die, so he no longer needed to go on this stupid witch hunt. "Sorry Edwin. There will be others." Mockery. Sarcasm, meant to cut. "When we were piss drunk she wanted to use you to spite me. It didn't work see, but it certainly had to work wonders on you! When you grabbed her as a rat that may have been the closest you have ever been. And now she is dead. Funny how irony works her ways isn't it?" He meant to hurt. He meant to break the knight, the comvination of guilt and truth would hopefully break him. He had no quarrel with the knight, but it had been a while since he had broken someone. "Will you kill yourself because this, I would call murder." 

@Enuky

@Andraus

@DemetrioMachete

Edwin stopped; Oromis's words ripped through his ears like a fish stuck on a hook. Everyone was continuing past but Edwin could only stand there. His hairs were standing on his skin, his heart was pounding, and his body trembled occasionally. 

He felt a weakness come to his legs but resisted the urge to slump to his knees as he took in what Oromis said with bitter brown eyes. Oromis was correct. It would take a large cat such as that all of mere seconds to swallow a poor innocent mouse. It was over for Cecile. The girl was no more.

His despair became anger and rage boiled in the pit of his stomach at Oromis's final remarks. He appeared glad that sweet princess suffered such a horrifying fate and Edwin was livid.

"What did you say?" Said Edwin, staring fiercely into the yunakai king. 

@Inheritance

Oromis SIlverspire

"I'm sorry did I st-st-st-st-st-stutter?" He didn't stand up at all. A sign of disrespect, he knew a challenge should be coming, but he bet that the loss of the girl would throw Edwin out of whack if he tried to fight. "I said that it was your fault the girl died because you were jealous that she seemed to like everyone else before you, so you played your petty prank and now she is dead. I said that you deserve to be drawn and quartered for your actions, and you were too ignorant to understand why you were a moron until I beat it into you." He grinned, a devilish look came into his eye. "You know I took better care of my rat. Sure it died, but it died of old age, not because I let a cat eat it."

@Enuky

Lenelia spotted the hill. The wyvern skull. Undoubtedly this was the source of the sounds and foul scent. There was a large smile on the bard's face...

As he tripped on a thick root, and fell to the dirt.

Apparently, it caught him off guard, as when he arose, his face was grimacing, and his mouth was chock full of grass and mud. 

With desperate fingers, he pryed the gunk out of his mouth, coughing and spitting to remove the taste. He then looked back at Dread, his pale, girly face flush with color.

"You didn't see that.. now let's advance."

@Inheritance

@transcendantviewer

Alamar Majere

He had been traveling for a long time. This was stupid, he had done all this work to play chess against Oromis and now he was winning the rebellion? He was supposed to have his hands full but no he was having a grand old time doing Gods knew, and now he was lost, and had lost Oromis. DAMNIT! It was his fault for being foolish enough to not prepare enough. He should have gotten ready to intercept and cause some devistation in the Yunakai ranks, but now he was here, sitting around doing nothing.

Something caught his attention however when he saw a couple of...misfits? Travelers? Who knows...he was going to just stay out of sight, when he saw one eat dirt. He heard him mutter something, and had to cut in.

"Oh didn't I? Because it was rather hilarious" There was a bite of sarcasm, but not too venomous. Alamar was smoking a pipe, the smoke rings floated up and changed colors as they did. "Where might you two be goin?" @DemetrioMachete

Lance was just finishing a killing blow on one of the few remaining imps when the demon cat had jumped and snagged Cecile from Edwin's pocket before racing off. Frowning and wondering what had just happened, it took the king a second to realize what the cat had been after. Shit. It was off and racing towards the village's main attraction, the giant dragon skull, and Lance would've lost sight had Aizen not cast an incredibly helpful tracking spell of sorts. 

"Thank you, Aizen," Lance said, taking off towards the cave almost immediately and sheathing his sword before unbuckling the sheathe's belt--it wasn't enchanted to not tear with shapeshifting--and digging the Wolfsbane potion out of a hidden pocket in his tunic as he ran. After taking a quick sip and replacing it, Lance willed his werewolf form to the surface. It was a quick and nearly seamless change, almost exhilarating, and then he was gone, streaking after the bakeneko. 

///

Maeve stiffened at the sudden physical contact from Natha, and only relaxed when he released her. Subconsciously brushing at her sleeve, Maeve followed him and once again hung back as the group talked. She wondered why Natha was so keen to give up his weapons, but didn't remark on it. She would rather not risk someone nicking her most valuable items no matter how trustworthy they seemed. Even an idiot could seem trustworthy.

(Skipping the rest of Maeve's POV and anything I need Dalamus's reply to do. Figured the Wyrm's Head group should at least get to move forwards).

South Yunakai--

Edwin's heart was racing around every word Oromis spoke, but he didn't stop him. He let Oromis finish with a look of almost disbelief. 

However, soon rage began to settle in. Edwin had already long decided that should he be responsible for Cecile's fate he would never return to the Rose Kingdom. Without Cecile there, he was stateless. 

Indeed. If he returned to his homeland he would most certainly be arrested and charged for the princess's murder! Just as Oromis was saying.The emerald thorn would rather abandon his kingdom than return to face such convictions. 

Edwin knew in that moment his life was changed forever. He was no longer a well reputable knight but a soon-to-be fugitive.

And there was Oromis. Sprawled comfortably across a rock, not a care in the world. He had considered himself on good terms with the Yunakai King, but wasnt surprised that he had no qualms throwing him to the dogs. He sneered, disgusted by royalty. Then Oromis grinned with a smile so devilish it made Edwin's skin crawl with an urge to lash out. He drew his sword, approaching Oromis slowly. 

"The princess is dead. I answer to no one. You're going to take those words back." He wasn't afraid of the king, believing with his heart that Cecile was dead and he was already a fugitive. 

. . . 

The bakeneko didn't notice the pink flames trailing behind him, and he was already far enough away to believe he was safe. Then as he was just reaching the large eye socket entrance of the cave, he sensed another presence. 

He twisted around just in time to face the were wolf. His hairs stood and in his frightened excitement he dropped Cecile from where he was holding her at the nape of her neck but snatched her back up. Then instead of entering the cave he took off upwards, scaling the Wyrm's skull in an attempt to keep away from the werewolf. 

A werewolf?! I must find master!

@Inheritance @Trombone Geek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back