Overview & Main Roleplay

"Because of the simple fact that, if I wanted you dead, you would be?"

The niceties were gone from her voice. Oromis would then be able to see the demonic aura surrounding the girl. She was a demon, and a very powerful one at that. Easily bypassing his magic aura, she would reach out...and gently touch his cheek. "Because Yaro respects you. Because he knows that you are one of the few people that know you must do whatever it takes, to ensure this kingdom prospers......Because the true enemy is the Rose Kingdom? Must you need more reasons? Yaro never wanted to kill you in the first place. Those messengers that never arrived? He was asking for a truce." Chalondra said.

"The Rose Kingdom killed them, and they tried to instigate a war with your home. Tear it apart, and guess who gets to waltz over, and conquer it in return? You'd be weak, defenseless....But if you and Yaro worked together? The Rose Kingdom does not stand a chance. That is why it has been further instigating issues with the two sides." She said. She would then cross her arms. " I am not saying you should trust me, because you shouldn't, but look at all the facts present- Are you really going to let yourself be used like a tool, simply to be betrayed in the end? You know Yaro, he is a starch traditionalist, you wouldn't have to worry to much on him. He wants someone who knows how to do what must be done- That someone is you, Oromis. He needs you." 

@Inheritance

Lexus would look at the approaching aid for the master assassin, before jumping back, glaring at all directions. He would then pull out three small smoke bomb. "I am not a fool, nor will I suffer such provocation. Make no mistake, mortal fools- This isn't over.He said, before tossing them to the ground, making his escape. He wasn't suicidal, he knew this fight would be the death of him.

@DemetrioMachete @Dalamus Ulom @Inheritance @Trombone Geek @transcendantviewer

Dreadnought grunts as he continues charging towards the plume of smoke, bringing his axe downwards in a bisecting swing with enough force to crack and fracture the ground beneath his feet. "Bah... Coward. Whatever. Nobody died today. I call that a win." He then corrects himself and rests his axe back atop his shoulder in a relaxed stance. "Hey, kid, what was this guy after you for?"

@DemetrioMachete @Dalamus Ulom @Inheritance @Trombone Geek @Andraus

Last edited by a moderator:
Lanister would be moving himself into a proper position, trying to stand. His ribs were still cracked, though the healing potion was doing its work. " I am not even sure why we were attacked. These demons came out of nowhere and just....tried to kill us. " Lanister said, holding onto his side. He would look towards Aizen. "Go check on Master Yoren, make sure he is okay, Aizen....Thank you, you may have saved my life today." He said.

Turning towards their new companions, he would speak up. "My name is Lanister Xhast, One of the masters of the Wilting Rose. I must thank you for your timely rescue. Had you not come along, we might've surely been killed. " He said, bowing his head. He would then reach over, and toss Lenalia a coin purse. Inside was two hundred and fifty gold coins "It's not much, but it is all I have on my person....take it as my Thank you...."

@DemetrioMachete

@transcendantviewer

Aizen mentally cursed to himself as his acidic bubbles missed Lexus. One day, demon. Upon Lanister's orders he nodded, rushing over to check on Yoren. He had another potion ready, if he needed it. He had time to think about the newcomers.. a massive golem and his bardic lackey. It seemed like a ruthless combination of buffing the golem's capabilities and hiding away as he reaped destruction. Aizen wished not to provoke these two.. rabid murder-hobos.

Lenelia's illusion vanished as the enemy fled. The tingling sensation from the lightning was quick to fade, as more folks poured in. As Lanister handed Lenelia a coin pouch, he looked at it from every angle, then shrugged and pocketed it. He wasn't complaining.

"Lenelia Vaterian. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." he introduced himself with a graceful bow. "Heard you were bringing a war band down to kill some insurgents. If you know anything about bardhood, wars and battles make good songs, which make good coin. Mind if I join up with ya?" he then remembered Dread, and he backpedaled a bit, feeling a bit selfish. "And this here is Dreadnought, a resident of Ancient Alethea. He has a bone to pick with those Demons, if 'that' is any indication." he remarked, pointing to the veritable crater left behind by Dread's whiffed axe swing. "If any of you spell flingers can bestow Dread with Flight, he'll be your best friend, besides me, of course."

@Andraus

@transcendantviewer

@Dalamus Ulom

@Inheritance

@Enuky

@Trombone Geek

"When it stops raising the dead and speaking to some unseen master, I'll believe it was just 'something on the cat.' Just cast the spell," Lance replied, and frowned when it didn't actually get rid of the venom. "Right, well, we're going to need to catch Lanister or someone for that. I think, hopefully, he'll know a bit about the demons.." He began rising to his feet, swaying slightly but too proud to let himself fall, fighting through the onslaught of dizziness. He waited until his vision recovered before trying to move. 

"I suppose a quick interrogation would be in order.. But with the group, not on our own." He was moving barely faster than the cat, but still overtook it and hauled it up by its scruff, not causing too much pain but holding it tightly to make his unspoken threat of I will not hesitate to kill you clear. He was almost nauseous with the surge of rage just at touching the thing, but he fought it down too, making his way out of the Wyrm Skull only when he knew Cecile was with him. 

///

Maeve frowned at Natha's reaction and crossed her arms. "Well if you're gonna sit there and sulk and whine about being useless and needing others to help you when said help doesn't exit, then you do that; but I'm going to do something," she snapped, irritated. She didn't even bother to piece together anything he said about the Roseacae Inquisition because it was all just grating on her nerves, really, how he'd gone from inspired and determined to a coward just because he screwed up once. He wasn't taking the opportunity so many others needed but couldn't have--a second chance.

///

Ferris's reply is waiting on @Dalamus Ulom and his demon.

South Yunakai--

Cecile nodded in agreement and followed Lance as he unsteadily made his way back towards the bakeneko, who had been trying to slip away unnoticed. She quickened her pace to join Lance's side, knowing of his temperament and concerned that he would get himself hurt she tried to steady his arm with her hands. 

The cat began to thrash again, this time meowing aggressively in protest and hissing, but when he finally settled long enough to catch a glimpse of Lance's threatening, hungry eyes the cat surrendered and hung contemptuously from the werewolf's grip. Then Lance muttered about an interrogation... a 'group'. The cat's body tensed and his mind was racing then. He glanced downward to the side at the princess, damning her internally. He would do whatever it took to get the girl back into the skull in time for the summoning, he reflected worriedly. The cat remained quiet, wondering what would happen to him next. 

It didn't take long for Cecile and Lance to return to Lanister, the group, and what appeared to be newcomers. As they made their exit from the skull's entrance, neither of them detected the presence of Alamar. Little did they know, the Bathelon king was just who the golem likely wanted a word with about his forest floating above Bathelonian territory. However, the golem wouldn't be too impressed by the beaten pair of monarchs slowly making their way down the hill.

Cecile became nervous as she noticed the ominous form of the large golem, a creature she had never seen before. She slipped about a step behind Lance, unsure about approaching it. When they reached Lanister she was relieved to learn that the rest of the group defeated its adversaries. Perhaps they had finally rid the place of the demons. As Lanister gave his thanks to the second stranger, Cecile looked the druid over with curiosity, paying particular attention to his instruments that were in view. For a second he caught her gaze, and Cecile averted it. Her eyes shifted to Dread where they instantly darted away; she hoped they didn't notice her staring...

She took note that Edwin was absent, but made no mention of it when at last it was appropriate to speak. "We made it back", said Cecile to Lanister, knowing they had likely been worried for her safety. She decided then she couldn't be rude to their new company, and gave Lenelia a pinky smile before introducing herself, doing her best to conceal her slight nervousness for interacting with him or the golem, "I am princess Cecile Rose of the Rose Kingdom", she said politely. 

@transcendantviewer

@Trombone Geek

@Dalamus Ulom

@Andraus

@Inheritance

@DemetrioMachete

Oromis Silverspire

At first, he took her stance and lack of grace, which she had demonstrated so much of earlier, as a challenge. When she touched him,  he almost jumped away from it. His barriers protected against magical first strikes, and he prepared for a fight. "You little...you don't threaten me in the slightest-you're weak enough to be used as a TOOL by who sent you! You think your demon fire will do shit to me?! There's a reason your kind is enslaved and used like the weak whores you are." He growled...but what she was saying...it made sense.  No he didn't believe about the peace messengers, and he hardly believed Yaro would want to drop the fighting with him...but honestly at this point, his fury with the Rose clouded his caution against the rebels. "However...as much as I loathe to say it...I will grant your master (he was sure to stress that word) audience...I hate the rose for my own reasons, and I live for the fight. This had better not be a trap or I'll take you both down with me." He was not experienced with demons. He avoided them unless he had to kill them, which when he did, he asked little questions, he just smashed. Studying dark arts was his brother's style, a cowardly style where they hid under knowledge and trickery.

However she said something that struck a nerve... HE NEEDS ME. For some reason he hated that she said that, though in a strange way. When he hated something, he used it as fuel to keep him going, to keep him strong. It kept him from feeling pain, it brought his magic to a new level. In a way, he loved finding things to hate, as it made him stronger. But what she said had struck a nerve, some lost memory buried within the layers of hate he felt for the world. Something stirred within him, that made him not want to assault her then and there,  but to beg her to tell him what she meant. He stood there almost stunned, now remembering what it was like to be confused and uncertain of the path one wished to take. This hate did not fuel him, but made him want to cower in fear...

But he composed himself, wondering how much this demon could see inside him..."Lead the way. I may not be the smartest of men but I'm certainly stronger then you take me for." He expected very little of her, and he was close enough to disrupt any complex spells or any hidden abilities...right?@Andraus

Alamar Majere

"You wish to fly?" Alamar hissed as he released the magic spells that were draining him. "I think I may be able to help you with that..." He knew fly spells, that shouldn't be too hard,  but for him to cast it on another, who was so heavy, would take a great amount of energy, especially to keep it up for a long time. He could use this...perhaps to bait Dreadnaught into listening to him? He hadn't had a protector since his brother left. "Metal Giant, speak to me later, I think I can help you." Who knows, he needed allies, and hadn't had anyone to protect him since his brother...left. 

When the girl and the other came out, one holding a cat for some reason, Alamar simply leaned on his staff and glared. Not that he was angry, it was just a habit he had fallen into. He had heard her introduction, he knew very well it wasn't directed at him-but she said she was a princess! OF THE ROSE! He really didn't like them, they sat around for too long thinking about things that were obvious. He loved thinking, that was one thing, but there's a time and place for that. The Rose didn't understand. "Hello your Highness. I cannot speak for the rest, but I am Alamar Majere. I'm afraid I have no title worthy of your attention...but I am at your service"  There was no sarcasm in his voice,  not yet anyway. At the moment he used his lying ability to keep a very clean composure. He had learned courtly manners, and could call them when needed, which was rare, but he could when he needed them. He took a low bow, then fell to a knee, not rising until she gave him permission. Let the others judge. He needed to make allies fast if demons were involved...

@Enuky

@DemetrioMachete

@Dalamus Ulom

@transcendantviewer

@Trombone Geek

Dreadnought looks from one individual to another, his metal, expressionless features making it nigh impossible to gauge his musings as he does so. His stature and stance remain at ease, but never relaxed, and his axe never leaves his grasp - always rested atop his shoulder with a hand holding the haft. Regarding the spellcaster whom addressed him, Dreadnought nods. "Alright, I'll see you later, then." he says to Alamar. His attention then shifts to the one Alamar had addressed to as "Your Highness". Unaware of the customs of this land, Dreadnought drops to a knee and bows his head respectfully, looking to the floor with his single visible eye. After roughly 30 seconds, he rises back to his feet and makes his way to a slightly more secluded area to sharpen his weapon.

@DemetrioMachete @Inheritance @Dalamus Ulom @Trombone Geek @Enuky

Cecile couldn't help but smile down at the friendly Alamar, inwardly touched by his adamant display of respect. She did appreciate the attention received simply for being the Rose princess.

It was then her attention turned to the golem, who surprised her by following Alamar and offering the girl a small bow. He then rose and quietly passed, not seeming to pay the girl any attention more. She watched after him curiously until he sat working on his ax, but it was then the girl noticed Alamar was still bowing. He was awaiting the princess's acknowledgement. 

She blushed, feeling guilty for making him wait. "You may rise", she sputtered, "are you from this town?" She asked, eyeing him from the ground up. @Inheritance

Alamar Majere 

He swiftly rose,  old habits returning to his mind. "My Lady, I do not wish to bore you with where I'm from,  as it is a long tale full of sorrow. However I am from Yunakai-though I have nothing to do with them." He paused to let his words sink in. "I have been chased from every home I've ever tried to make, so though I wish to say that the tale has a happy ending, I cannot write happy endings where they do not occur,  your grace." He leaned back again on his staff, the gem in it glowing a dark green. @Enuky

Cecile observed Alamar with widened blue eyes, easily intrigued by his hooking statements. Her face looked a bit flushed. It was a sign that a fever was creeping up, but she ignored any discomfort. Her eyes dipped downward to his staff; the gem at its end was glowing. Her eyes narrowed in thought; Cecile learned on a staff herself, and felt the light indicated its use. "What are you doing?" She asked, distracted from her original pondering about his history. 

Alamar Majere

He saw her look a bit off, and he figured it was something making her sick or something. She asked about his staff as he caught her eye. "Ah-I am simply feeding myself energy through it" It was half a lie. It was true that he could do that, store energy and give it to him for later, however what it was currently doing was bringing surface memories of his past, where he learned his manners and social norms around royalty. "I have not had a night's rest in...." He over dramatized looking pained, then continued "I don't remember when. I have to constantly push myself and feed energy when it is absolutely necessary. For instance, I am speaking to royalty, I must have my mind in good condition when speaking to one as noble as you." He gave a smile. He very much wanted the princess as an ally, for his own personal gains and also to try and get a hand at running a kingdom. He knew quite well he probably could never RULE one, but he could help maybe. "I swear your majesty I am doing nothing else, I would never even think to work my magic against you-though I am impressed you picked that up so quickly. You must be a powerful caster yourself?" Easy compliment. Any dimwit could see the staff glowing, but he figured he better suck up to her, as in past experience (that he was now remembering quite well), this was the best way to get a Princess' approval. @Enuky

Lenelia spied upon the royals approaching. As a native Bathelonian, he recognized King Lance. Ah but who was this lovely muse at his side? Apparently, it was Cecile, Princess of the Rose. His Druid parents warned him that kneeling was bad for your posture. Rather than kneel, he gave the two of them an elaborate courtsey, his long white hair fell over his face as he did so. As he rose, he flicked it out of his face, smiling with respect.

"His Majesty, Her Majesty.. I dare say the two of you look like you've been through Hell and back. What ever have I missed, here?" His glance leaned towards Alamar, curious as to what that staff could be doing. Sure, he explained it.. but he wasn't sapping their energy to feed himself, was he?

@Inheritance

@Enuky

@Trombone Geek

Cecile listened carefully to Alamar's explanation while maintaining an interested expression. Alamar was playing all of the right cards, and had easily flattered the princess. She fell into his smooth words, including his attempt to appear famished. Her eyes saddened to him; a naive thing she was. She accepted his explanation as truth without question, and then her thoughts dismissed the ambiguous spell as his compliments reached her ears.

She shifted bashfully; she didn't want to reveal just how inexperienced she was but she didn't want to mislead their new companion either. "I'm in training", she said. She was then relieved that Lenelia began to speak, drawing their attention. Cecile looked to her feet when she realized he was referring to their beaten appearances,

"Actually... we were attacked. The cat scratched my arm and we think it could be poisoned", Cecile then revealed her arm, which was still blue in color from her spell but welts could be seen developing along the scars. She turned back to Alamar. "Do you know any spells that could stop the poison?" He seemed to be an experienced caster, and if Alamar could treat her it would further solidify her trust of him. @Inheritance

Lance warily eyed the new additions to the group as he approached, immediately searching for Lanister, who was most likely to know whatever had poisoned Cecile, its effects, and any possible cures. He approached the injured man and frowned.

"Looks a bit painful," he mumbled, kneeling next to Lanister. "Cecile was poisoned by this," he began, hauling the cat up a moment in a sort-of gesture. "Might want to look over her wounds, if you're able," he finished, rising to his feet and twisting partway to glance at Alamar as his staff started glowing. 

Harvesting energy? "Harvesting energy from the local plant life, I presume," the king announced in a pointed manner, but since the man had just helped them he hoped otherwise. He was suspicious of the new arrivals and their rather convenient timing, but right now his focus had to be on Cecile. That scratch was looking nastier by the minute. 

Lance's grip unconsciously tightened around the cat, but when it showed signs of the pain he immediately let up and relaxed a bit again, although it took a bit of effort.

"We can't afford to stand here for any longer than we have to. It's unsafe here, as proven by the attack and the demons afterwards." He paused, considering their options. "We can either hole up in one of the remaining houses and keep a guard but risk a second attack; or we can retreat back our path a bit and set up camp there instead, but risk discovery by wandering monsters and perhaps even a patrol of demons." This addressed the original group only, of course, unless the others who had shown up decided to join in as well.

Alamar Majere

His staff was a strange thing...and while he was half telling the truth (which made a more effective lie), he left something out. The staff pulled power from life around him, be it plants, insects, or intelligent life. This energy fueled him. It really wasn't much at all, however. Very small amounts, enough that if he was around several people it could fuel a spell for almost nothing of his own energy, and not be noticed until the spell was cast. It didn't just drain victims, it spun intricate webs within them, which tore energy out of them when he cast a spell and was around them. So while they would feel nothing now, if he used the staff to cast a spell, they would all feel like they got the wind knocked out of them...unless they knew about it and could shut it off (or told him to knock it off), it would do the same for everyone. "Yes yes sir" he nodded to  Lance, "And my own. I would never use another person without their permission." He gave Lance a strange look, essentially telling him to shut up about the staff.

He eyed the wound with a raised eyebrow. Why a princess was meddling with demons was beyond him. Not that he cared, but still...he was no healer himself, though he did know a thing or too about Demons. In his various pouches he probably had some way to neutralize or slow the poison...however what would be easier would just be to transfer it onto someone else....No....not now, they didn't trust him enough to pull something like that. Well he did have ONE healing spell however, a very powerful one but a risky one at that-Time Heal. It healed one wound, restored it back to how it was originally. Of course this didn't work with curses or anything, and it wouldn't work on wounds more then a day old, but this would work...however it required a great deal of energy to do, and he almost didn't want to. However, it was more important now he gained the Princess' favor. "Of course, I believe I can still it completely. Anything for the Rose Princess. I would rather work my magic away from these people, just a few steps away nothing too far, I don't want anything to go wrong. Demons can be very tricky-I would know. I used to study them before..." He put on another pained face. "I don't dabble with them of course, but I know much about them." @Enuky @Trombone Geek @DemetrioMachete

Lenelia could only sport a half-hearted glare at Alamar as he spoke. He sensed something.. off.. but he couldn't put his finger on it. As Cecile mentioned being scratched by a cat, and being poisoned.. more of that seemed off. In any case, he did have a remedy for poison.

"Sit tight. I got something." he motioned to Cecile and Lance, as he pulled out his Lute. He closed his eyes, and began to play.

He did not sing as his fingers skillfully plucked the lute. Only his music filled the air as he focused a sort of healing aura. It was faint.. but it was there. He took a deep exhale as he focused this aura onto Cecile, and only then, did his song end. He opened his eyes, and looked to the Princess.

"I know a little bit of everything,"  the Bard calmly assured them. "I've sung up many different heroes, and figured out how to use their talents, myself. But.. with versatility comes weakness.. that will disapate the poison.. but it'll take a while. Maybe.. I dunno, a full minute?" Now the conversation shifted to Demons.. and Lenelia was growing uncomfortable. Demons were perhaps the one subject he was uneducated on. With sure enough reason, he had never met a Demon until today.

"Uh, hey! Big Steel! We may need your insight, here. Whatcha know about Demons?" Lenelia called after his friend, who had wandered off somewhere.

@Inheritance

@Enuky

@Trombone Geek

@transcendantviewer

At Lenelia's beckoned call, Dreadnought hollers back and rises to his feet, making his way over to him. "I'm coming." he states, reaching the group. He settles onto the ground, crossing his legs and resting his weapon across his lap as he begins speaking. "I've only fought a few demons, and most of them were weaklings, but as far as personality goes, most demons are unlikable. A lot of them have chaotic, flighty personalities and most don't like outsiders. Strong demons can summon weaker demons to help them if they get cornered, and the summoned demons can sometimes summon even more demons in turn. Always go for the head demon or you'll get overwhelmed quickly." Dreadnought responds, crossing his arms. It's clear his experience with demons is almost exclusively on a hostile basis.

South Yunakai--

From the opposite side of the Wyrm skull and plotted at the base of the skull was a trio of three demons. Each were leathery humanoid things with black skin and bright yellow eyes. They were working to prepare a large fire, and on the skull behind them were various demonic markings and symbols, depicting their malevolent plans. As on lit the fire another one spoke, "where is that demned cat with our maiden; we must have her blood before sunset..."

. . .

Cecile was doing her best not to listen to Lance. He was knelt closer to Lanister, and detailing their likely course of action. She felt as though it was her poisoning that was slowing them further, and it made her ashamed. She instead focused on Alamar and Lenelia, hoping that one of them could heal her. She was about to step away with Alamar when Lenelia offered to play a healing tune. Cecile watched with admiration as he played, interested in his skill. His lovely tune was at least enough to get her mind off of her discomfort, and Cecile remained quiet for the duration of it. When at last it stopped she felt a bit relieved, and hoped that the tune would heal her. 

"Thank you", she said sweetly, smiling to him in appreciation. She took a cautious step away as the golem returned. Cecile was nervous and curious at the same time over the creature. When he sat she took a step closer again, and listened with a look of intrigue as he spoke about demons. Her expression became wary, "I hope we got them all...", she said, and then looked up to Alamar, "but at least we have a man with your experience on our team! You can take the demons, cant you?" she asked him.

The cat withered in pain when Lance squeezed it, trembling slightly when he relaxed his grip. The stubborn cat shifted to gather his surroundings, searching for an escape opportunity of some kind, His eyes glowed in their powerful glare, and it was when he turned to hear Lanister's response that he noticed the smoke rising in the distance.

Suddenly the cat began to emit a low cackle, "if I were any of you, I would hide. Any moment now we will have our bridge to Alethea", he declared, continuing to laugh as he looked upwards to the smoke coming from the back end of the skull, Lance would be familiar with the tale of Alethea, being the Bathelonian king.

@Trombone Geek @DemetrioMachete @Andraus @transcendantviewer @Inheritance @Dalamus Ulom

Alamar Majere

What the hell was this street performer trying to one up him? Now he had to do this. "Oh hold on your Majesty, I believe that I can heal you IMMEDIATELY. You see when I work I give immediate results." He took a deep breath...then "Xagyg Yrag Enivrii ecnatirehin" He decided against using his staff as aid, so nobody would feel any energy being drained. Instead, his eyes widened as the energy left him, almost making him fall to a knee. He hoped nobody would notice how he held the staff tighter and leaned on it. However, the wound the girl had would simply cease to exist, her arm would appear as it was before the demon had laid a claw on her. "For you, your Majesty. Immediate results. And yes." He took a breath, though he made it seem like he was just pausing, "I know much about demons, and if you would allow it, I would be honored to join you." He took a slight bow, then turned to the golem. "Demons are not always to be trifled with my friend, as each one is different then the last. You see some are more intelligent, and can call upon much more powerful masters. This cat, however, is obviously a rather foolish one to mess with such a powerful spellcaster." He beckoned at the princess, knowing it would flatter her. He then turned to the cat. "If I were you, I'd hold your tongue before I bind you to a leaper's cloak!" He gave the demon a glare, in which time he would recover breath. Damn time spells. @Enuky @DemetrioMachete @transcendantviewer @Trombone Geek @Dalamus Ulom

"I think she was talking to me, hotshot." Dreadnought interjects, interrupting Alamar before looking to the princess. "And yes, I've slain demons before. While he isn't wrong about Demons summoning aid..." Dreadnought continues, looking from the princess back to the spellcaster "...rarely can a demon summon another that's more powerful than itself. I only know of a few that can, and they're already lieutenants to great demons." he states, finishing his response. He then pinches his thumb and forefinger together tightly and slides them along the blade of his ax-head, producing sparks as he sharpened its edge.

Lenelia squinted at Alamar as he went and healed Cecile.. right after he did. Was he insecure about his own usefulness? Lenelia could only smile at such a thought. To be insecure over such trivial matters.. Lenelia had found a kindred spirit. He'd not be offended by this.

Then the cat spoke up.Lenelia could only stare. That cat just talked. About Alethea, no less. The bard leaned down to eye level with the Bakeneko,  smugly folding his arms.

"That's a bad idea, kitty kitty." he need only point to Dreadnought to make his case. "You- heheh... you got no idea what's waiting for them."

@Enuky

@Andraus

@Trombone Geek

@Inheritance

@Dalamus Ulom

@transcendantviewer

Yoren would stay quiet during most of the conversation, as he would reanalyze the fight with Lexus.

The lightning he had been shot with had luckily been nullified due to the magical absorption potion he had taken before he had attempted to fight Oromis. Speaking of which, there was almost no doubt in Yoren's mind that the madman was being seduced by the demoness into some sort of Faustian agreement, or at very least sucking upon her honeyed words.

Upon the golom's words, Yoren would finally speak up, seeming to most of the unaware as though he simply popped into existence, but it was only a simple trick of the mind.

"Demons such as this bakeneko are worth practically nothing, barely a few steps above imps. No, there are far stronger demons here, such as the demon that just fled, who was one of the most powerful demons still roaming the lands of Morganna,m. Not only that, but I believe the demons are not working alone, as we also saw several dead bandits in the area."

"Normally I would think of it, if it weren't for the fact that all demon inflicted wounds upon them appeared to be postmortem, with the actual cause of death being from stab wounds. Meaning, they were killed by humans to feed the demons." Yoren would finish.

On the other side of the skull, a large, towering man would exit the remains of a little hut, walking towards the trio of leathery demons. "Demons! Are the preperations near ready? And has the thrice damned cat returned with the greater sacrifice yet?" he would ask aggressivley. The man was an easy eight feet tall, a giant among men. Wearing simple leathers and a giant boars head for a helmet, the man gave off the air of a bandit, with the gigantic two handed battle axe upon his back tying it all together. Nearby, outside the circle of skulls, a fat, richley clothed man had been hog tied. Head balding, covered in dried blood and ragged tears, his eyes shining with fear as they held back tears. "Come now, little piggy!" the giant shouted. "Wilbur the Wild ain't gonna kill ya for yer blood anymore! We got a better sacrefice then you! A little princess! Won't it be a grand time when we spill her blood all over dem bones in order ta summon a demon? Then, he can go and eat ya! Hahahaha!" Wilbur would guffaw, as about a dozen bloodletters would drag the sorry remains of the half burning fire ent.

"The hell is this?!" He shouted, hitting one of the bloodletters so hard it's skull would shatter into gore. The bandit king would wait a few moments for the demons to let out some fearful chittering before speaking. "Take that damned thing, finish releasing it, then throw it at the fucking buggers! Make sure it pushes them towards us. The men can then capture that wee little princess, and we can finally get the show underway!"

@Enuky

@Inheritance

@Andraus

@DemetrioMachete

@transcendantviewer

@Trombone Geek

Lanister would stand, holding onto his ribs, before speaking up. "Lady Cecile, once our business is done here, I Implore you to return to Valpurina. You'll be much safer there, for I have a feeling things are about to get much worse. " Lanister said, before he heard the bakeneko speak. Lanister had been trained to hunt these creatures down from birth, any self respecting Wilting Rose member had if they were born into it or been with them long enough, so Lanister would simply walk towards the cat, before grabbing it by the skull, flames emitting from his hands.

"Mind repeating that, you flea-ridden abomination?" 

Chalondra would just let out a low giggle, as she began leading him. "Of course, of course.....I am just one of the females that lead to your kingdoms conquering during the first raids, but I'm nothing but a weak whore. " Chalondra said, relying a little information, to give this man an idea on what he was dealing with. Upon walking to the fort, guarded lightly by soldiers, they would push open the doors, revealing Yaro talking to the pirates. "Lord Azar. I present to you-"

Yaro would turn his attention to the door, before raising his hand. He would then look towards Prudence and Heinrich. "Klaus, keep an eye on Prudence and Alfio. Prudence, I trust you to handle the finalizing of the details for the island trip, you are perfect at this sort of thing. " He said, complimenting her in the process, to show her that he still needed her. Yaro would then step away, before walking towards Oromis.

Oromis could see that time had changed Yaro- His hair was longer, he wore full black armor, his face was hard, and it was clear the man was busy at work. Yaro would stare at Oromis for a second, before a rare smile would break his lips. "General Oromis.....It's been a long while, hasn't it? Raid of Guitara, correct?" He asked the military leader.

The Raid on the bandit settlement of Guitara was the last memory he and Oromis had of each other, both of them were Captains at the time. Originally, They were sent there to stop them, but the bandits had aid from pirate ships and wiped out over half the contingent sent to deal with them. When orders came back to return to the Capitol, Yaro and Oromis refused. Instead, they opted for a more 'permanent' solution- Using Yaro's training as a Wilting Rose, and Oromis's ingenious tactics, they snuck onto the ships the pirates had, killed the crews, and turned the weapons on the settlement in the dead of night. The village was largely destroyed, but the bandits never returned. Yaro and Oromis were both branded as Heroes, and Oromis got promoted to General, while Yaro left to find adventure.

Yaro would signal for servants to walk over, and help Oromis get comfortable. "I am glad at least one of my messengers got through....I'd rather had a hot meal and some time to relax with you, you're one of the few Royalists I have any respect for, but we both know we have business to attend too....So business first, and we'll see if i can beat you in a drinking contest after.." Yaro said to him, signalling him to follow him into the war room.

Natha looked up at Maeve for a second, and saw that they were arriving to their destination. He felt that same fear in the pit of his stomach forming, the one that had caused him to run away so many years ago. Natha closed his eyes to focus, but instead of hiding away, he got a.....memory. He was in the castle with the rest of his siblings. His teacher of Magical Proficiency, Master Litha Welder. (No relation, unless you want that Enuky.)

"Water teaches us acceptance of the 'what is'....Fire is seen as a force of change and Inspiration.....Liquid fire is the acceptance that change is a constant, never does one thing stay the same forever, no matter how much you wish it." She said. As they were meditating, a young Natha would open his eyes to look around. Litha would raise a finger and wave it at him, causing him to quickly shut his eyes again.

Natha would look down at himself after that memory replayed in his head. Maeve's words had struck a cord- He could sit here and whine about thing.....But just because they are 'what is' does mean they cannot change. Natha had been practicing for the woods for years, slowly pushing his body and mind to the breaking point multiple times. Yet, despite pushing himself, he never committed to taking the next step. Why? Because he was weak? Because he was alone? no, it was a simple reason, yet it was by far the most complex one he had.

Natha.....was a afraid of failing again.

Natha would open his eyes, as he looked towards the shore they were landing at. Natha knew he was afraid.....and for good reason. But fortune always favored the bold. Natha knew Maeve was right- He was here, and he was capable of doing something. So, to everyone's surprise, Natha was the first to step off. As Demons were approaching, to attack the intruders, Natha would press his hands to his stomach, closing his eyes, before moving his arms out. Everyone would just watch.....as a vortex of swirling Liquid Fire appraoched Natha's arms.

"Remember, like a wave of change, let your body flow." 

Natha would gesture his arms forward, the Liquid Fire swirling over the Demon group, sweeping the group like a burning magma, before bring the flames around him. As Smaller demons attempt to pierce the Vortex around him, he would simply walk forward, leaving a trail of bodies in his wake.

Maeve, Louise and Edward would now see why Demons called Natha 'The Grave-Walker'. To them, he was the literal walking death.

However, this would alert his Presence to both Queztor and Ferris, who'd be able to sense the Silver Lord's energy.

@DemetrioMachete @Enuky @Inheritance @transcendantviewer  @Trombone Geek @Dalamus Ulom

Oromis Silverspire

He didn't even consider insulting the demoness back. He would mark it in his mind to kill her later. Even so...he was a bit shocked.

He entered the fort completely on edge, ready to be attacked at any minute. Guards who recognized him he glared at or took a step towards them, grinning as they jumped back. And then he entered the fort...When at first he was called "General Oromis", it infuriated him. He almost stopped him right there and blasted the man with everything he had. However, the end there....well he seemed to be honest in the fact he had nothing malicious planned, and the words drinking contest forced him to fight the grin creeping up on his face. He decided to ignore the insults, ignore the urge to backhand him and tell him that he was a KING. However, he ignored it and followed him into the war room, still holding his guard up. He didn't say anything, nor address Yaro in any way. He did eye to see if the...weak whore was following. @Andraus

Users who are viewing this thread