• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Overcast: Outbreak [Equipoise]

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

EARLY OCTOBER

LESTON, LASBOR, CR.

TpL0wpI.png

The time on the clock reads 7:04 PM.

You're holed up in your eighth floor apartment room. Things are starting to look a little chaotic down on the streets, and one of the buildings across from you is on fire.

A mysterious pathogen has swept across the city. A state of emergency has been declared, and various health warnings have gone out.

The symptoms weren't anything peculiar at first...Until people seemed to start losing their minds. In mindless attempts to seek help, some of those afflicted with the sickness have started wandering in front of traffic, in addition to not heeding the presence of people whom they could potentially spread the sickness too.

Yesterday wasn't so bad. People weren't acting so vicious-- just confused and sickly. But today, looting started to peak-- at least that's the explanation that the television gave for the skyrocketing level of violent acts being committed.

Somebody from the National Health Institute dropped off a leaflet and disposable face mask at your apartment yesterday.

q7uGhrq.png

EPNvMKw.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Give the National Health Institute pamphlet a thorough read. Considering how poorly things seem to be going at the current moment it's imperative that I memorize everything I can so I don't get infected.

You carefully read over the leaflet. It seems like fluid contact may result in infection, so it may be a good idea to wear that mask at all times. Perhaps goggles, too-- if it possibly got in your eyes. Gloves probably wouldn't hurt either.

I put the mask on my face.

I take a few deep breaths, peering out of my window [should I have one] as I do so. I should probably go to the kitchen and scope out my options. Food may be hard to come by in the next few days, so it's probably best to keep track of what I've got. After I check for food and water, goggles and gloves should be next. After that, it'd probably be best for me to keep myself up to date with the news, so I need go to wherever I do that [be it TV, radio, etc.] and watch some news, switching from news channel to news channel as I try to find out what exactly is going on and what the government is doing about it.

You peer out your window, seeing the building across the street continue to burn as a helicopter whirs overhead. You search your room and manage to come up with a pair of winter mittens, which might be able to suffice in protecting your hands from nasty, contaminated fluids.

You look into your kitchen. There's some perishable food in the refrigerator, but it will become spoiled before long. At least it can sate your hunger for now, if need be. You do have some canned goods in the cupboards, however. (see items tab)

You take a look at the television, catching a message from the HCA being shown.

zw5Nc0w.png

THIS IS THE HOMELAND CRISIS AUTHORITY.

THERE HAS BEEN A HIGHLY DEADLY OUTBREAK OF AN UNKNOWN PATHOGEN IN YOUR AREA.

A STATE OF EMERGENCY IS NOW IN EFFECT IN YOUR REGION.

ALL CIVILIANS MUST REMAIN INDOORS.

DO NOT APPROACH INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE EXHIBITING ERRATIC, VIOLENT AND/OR STRANGE BEHAVIOR.

ALL EMERGENCY SERVICEPEOPLE AND RESERVE MILITARY PERSONNEL MUST REPORT FOR DUTY IMMEDIATELY.

YQdjLil.png

It'd probably be best if I ate a can of food and drank half a bottle of water for the time being, just to sate any hunger. Then, dial up few friends and relatives to see what they're doing/what should be done. Look out the window again to see if the helicopter is still there. It's a very far stretch, but it may be picking people up and taking them somewhere safe.

Actually, while I'm at it, I should probably check to see if people are being evacuated anywhere by the government.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back