• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Over My Dead Body [Apocalypse]

Juniper wasn't usually one to complain.

Well, not verbally anyways. But circumstances like these, like trying to be casual about the three pasty Nicolas Cage look-alikes stumbling after her seemed acceptable complaining circumstances, right?

"Look, If you could just fuck off that would be amazing." Jun finally muttered, turning around in order to face them. "I know you're hungry and all, but I am too and I sure as hell can't eat you now can I?"

The corpses groaned.

"At least a 'no' would have sufficed, thanks..."

Rolling her eyes, she turned back around and re-positioned her backpack into a more comfortable spot with a quick hop. "Twelve hours without talking to somebody alive and I'm already going nuts. Fantastic."

The redhead soon broke into a jog, taking a steadying breath and cutting up towards the road. It had been almost four days since she'd seen her family, and even more still since... Since she'd lost her. But Juniper's father had said they'd all meet up in the middle of Jamestown if anything separated the family, so that's what she'd do. Oh god, what if they... No, she couldn't let herself think about it too much.

She just had to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan stand there as the firefight voice came on then off. Ryan sighed relief as he regained composure. Ryan picked up the radio and pressed the button. "K-killed two. crossing river now." Ryan looked up and saw the sun was behind him going downward. "judging by the sun, I'm heading west. I'll get to the nearest police or firefight office as soon as I can or the nearest highway and I'll head west. But I can't go through that the neighborhood." Ryan then looked over the river and sighed. Ryan begined to ease into the river and swimmed across it. The river washed off the blood on his baseball bat as he swimmed forward. As he swimmed his back begined to become heavier. He held the radio over his head as he swimmed across the river.

Overhead was a lamp connected through an incomplete ceiling as the wooden structure was exposed as for the walls and floor were a numbing cold concrete. His basement wasn't relatively large though was big enough to house a few weeks worth of supplies and few people. He stood broad over a table and contents locker shuffling around the items and various objects that lay scattered on its plain surface before finally retrieved a double barreled shotgun, Kalashnikov (AK-47) rifle he had taken as a "souvenir" and a Colt 1911 with some clay plates and reserve ammunition. He stuffed it all in a duffelbag and rose the sturdy steps, unlocking the door and strolling outside to his driveway and setting down the equipment. The zip cheered along as the bag was opened and he retrieved the clay plates and shotgun, nearby were a scatter of emptied bottles so he had decide using those as target practice would benefit him also. After the preparations he made, the farmer raised his shotgun and placed the butt to his shoulder, closing one eye and focusing on the front sight, gradually squeezing the trigger until... BOOM. A deep and heavy shot resonated across the farmland, rolling up the hills then back down, reverberating against the trees and distributing the sound for miles. Again, he pulled the trigger following the same protocol and continued, wasting no rounds on any target. He had problems before when children playing by the creek, the "huge river" would hear those gunshots and call their parents thus whom contact the police. Anyone on the other side of that creek could hear it. Anything.

He never gave two squirts of piss and continued till he grew bored.

As Ryan swimmed his muscles begins to ach as he kept swimming. As he swimmed he heard shots. BOOM..BOOM. Ryan kept swimming as adrenaline rushed through his veins. As he keeps swimming he was getting pulled down river. But he kept swimming and swimming. Ryan used to love running and swimming. People used to call him the endurance athlete. But now he was glad that he trained so hard in those two events because now he can use them to survive.

After a while Ryan kept swimming and swimming. Then what it seems to be hours. He finally climbed on the beach on the other side. Exhausted, Ryan laid on the beach as the water rushed over him. He looked at the radio. it was drenched. Ryan pushed the button and speak into it. "Crossed river...(breath)...Need help!....(breath)..Exhausted. Need advice.. (deep breath than out) Ryan laid their as the radio seemed to be working somehow. He waited as he recovered his strength

Ethan found himself a few meters away from his car, which had crashed on the side of the highway a few minutes earlier. It seemed that he had lost consciousness when he was thrown from his vehicle. He slowly stood up, examining himself for any injuries. He counted a few bruises and cuts, but nothing major. After making sure that he was good to walk, Ethan made his way towards his crashed vehicle. He could only remember that he hit something, which caused the accident. After walking back over to his car, he started to examine the vehicle. "Well, this piece of junk is not going anywhere." He said to himself, only to start going through the vehicle to grab some items. The world had ended, and in Ethan's haste to leave Jamestown he packed barely anything. Grabbing the bag that he did pack, he made his way onto the middle of the highway. After taking a moment to examine his surroundings, he could see the vehicle that he hit. It was on fire not too far down the highway, and there was no sign of the driver. He decided that it would be best to wait, as someone was bound to come by eventually.

Jax

"Wait! We're in America! There are so many highways in America! We just get on one of them and speed through the town, no problem!" Jocelynn says.

I sniffle. "Hey, that's not a bad plan." I say. I head back and get into the car, the other two follow.

"Wait! Hold on!" Jocelynn yells before jumping out and popping the trunk. She comes back with a metal fire poker.

"What's that for?" I ask her.

"Defending your ass, " she replies, "now lets go!"

The red pick up drove on, Timothy glancing over at the kid whom had fallen asleep during the journey. Probably the shock had exhausted him. Well, couldn't blame him after the world had ended as they knew it. Although out on the highway he saw a figure. Didn't look dead. His posture and how he grasped to belongings didn't signal the usual infected appearance. So Harper slowed, rolling down his window whilst coming to a hesitant stop. "Hey, you need a lift?" Tim called in a rough, yet warm whiskey cured tone. "Looks like you could use one. Although, any petrol left in that car you have over there? Just a favour. I'm gonna need it to keep this gal going whilst making few stops as possible. In any case, you going anywhere for judgement day? Vacation perhaps?"

@LostInTime

[The location in which the farm is placed, what I'm doing to unknowingly attract attention is an invitation to anyone or anything.]

The farmer washed his face with his right hand whilst his left was clasped to a wooden support above the well, he leaned in lowly gasping after each splash of water. It dampened the collar and chest his soft grey top though served as a temporary cooling method. He turned, stopping dead still. In the distance, amongst the treeline gradually approached a figure, it limped forward at a steady pace. Intrigued the farmer took steady steps forward though understood through his wartime experience was to remain cautious and alert. He ambled over to his Colt 1911 which lay in the dirt of his driveway and shoved the other two weapons into the duffelbag.

"Fucking hell," he grunt, "told those fuckers I'm only target practicin', can't I get no peace n' quiet?"

He waved with his right arm, then placed both hands to his mouth and cupped them to the sides projecting his voice.

"Hey asshole! Unless you volunteer bein' my next clay pot n' savin' me the expenses, I suggest you fuck off!"

He wait a response, he stood as the figure drew closer, it stumbled slightly though did not halt. His ears strained to percieve a slightest moan from the intruder.

"Motherfucker..." he swore to himself placing both hands to his hips before realising the person came within close proximity.

"Hey, hey! You gon' git back now, you hear?! This'd be private land, not a step closer asshole!" his verbal threats failed to hinder it's progress, he grew disgruntled and retrieved his Colt, walking close to the person who now struggled to scale the picket fence. As the farmer came close her noticed a foul smelling odour ans features, his eyes widened and he stepped back.

"Oh my sweet Jesus...” he mouthed, staring in disbelief. The undead walker growled and threw it's arms up to him almost grasping him. The farmer retaliate almost instantaneously pulling up the Colt and discharging the weapon point blank range. It slumped over the fence, slowly falling to its side and crashing to the floor with a thud.

(Whoops already edited it. Guess it's near the Missouri river is that's fine with you. Sorry thought you went asleep so I edited it. I can changed it if you want me to)

"Okay, seriously? Three of you weren't enough?"

During her jaunt down the road, Juniper had acquired a few more followers. Well, try ten or so. Her attempts at casual jogging were certainly getting strained, both from tiredness and anxiety over her small horde. They weren't by any means fast, but damn if they weren't relentless as all hell.

"I'm gonna have to kill them or lose them... Kill them... Or lose them..." Jun trailed off and made a gagging sound. Never thought she'd have to say or think about that sort of thing. Even now, in the thick of it, things seemed so surreal.

But they were very much real, and very much stab-or-be-eaten. The road ahead lasted for what looked like a while still, and it was going to be time for drastic measures soon given the ebbing sunlight.

@CrystalGoblets @SeaSkies @Anyone on/near the road basically

We put the petal to the metal and within 15 minutes we made it to a freeway.

"Bismarck... Bismarck... It's a little out of our way, isn't it?" Inquired Jocelynn. Jaxson nodded.

"But whoever it was on the radio seemed like they really needed help. We have to go get them," Demetra said anxiously. Jocelynn fidgeted with the SUV's radio.

"God I wish this thing would work, some music would really help to calm my nerves," She mumbled.

Later - Outside Bismarck

"We should radio them to see where they are now," Demetra suggested. Jocelynn turned on the "police scanner".

"Hello? This is the black Ford SUV again. We're nearing Bismarck. Just wanted to get a verification on your location? We should be ther-" Jackson suddenly swerved to the left, earning a screech out of the girls. They very nearly hit a redheaded girl walking on the road.

"Jesus Christ Jaxson! Stop almost running over every person on the road!" Shouted Jocelynn.

@Neuton @KaiaWolf

Ryan laid on the beach exhausted until the radio came to life. He took in a deep breath and pulled the radio to his mouth. "I-I crossed the Missouri river. Exhausted. I know I'm on the east n-now." Ryan hears a shot that could be heard over the radio. Ryan got up quickly and said, "Please hurry!" Ryan is still exhausted but begin to walk off the beach onto the land. A sign passed him that says, 'private land. No trespassers allowed.' Ryan ignored it and begins to walk over to the fields of corn. In the distance he sees two figures and a fence. Ryan begins to walk forward a little faster, but still exhausted.

The farmer sprint back to his farmstead, almost tripping and sprawling to the ground as he grasped the duffelbag, ferociously kicking up dirt behind him. He paced up the steps, exaggerating each stomp and he crashed through the door and staggered upstairs with the support of the banister. He burst into the front bedroom of his stead and threw open the windows, the type that opened outward on hinges either side. They had a screen and curtains behind them which grant shade and coolness though were bulky and annoying to close. He emptied the contents of this duffelbag, a shotgun with only six cartridges left, Kalashnikov already loaded with a full magazine of thirty and two other clips as spare lay scaterred across the floor. He broke the barrel of the shotgun and hastily loaded it. He abandoned both weapons upstairs for a short while whilst he sort his shit out. Close and lock the doors, shut the downstairs windows, was he exaggerating? No he needed to make sure these things, whatever they are remained at bay from his home. Surely the picket fence around his acre of land and the colossal corn fields behind his farmhouse accompanied by the wheat field would render their movement slow. He understood that earlier his gunshots must have attract these assholes, though how? From where? His mind raced through various thoughts as the treeline darkened with approaching shadows...

Ethan stood in the middle of the highway for quite some time, only to spot a red pick up truck. He watched as the vehicle came to a stop and the driver rolled down his window. Listening to what the man in the truck had to say, he gave a smile in return. "A lift would be great." He said while looking over to his wrecked car. "Do you have a siphon pump to get the fuel from my car? If so, go right ahead." Ethan examined the pick up truck, noticing the fire department symbols. "Anyway, I was just trying to get away from Jamestown. Know of any safe places?"

@XxLuluxX

Ryan kept going till he saw one of the shadows run toward the house. Ryan's moral was boosted as he walked fast. As Ryan kept wondering, he said to himself, he would only fir those shots if...dead were near him!. Ryan begins to run toward the house as adrenaline pumped through him again. As he runs inside the corn and wheat, he hears groaning and moaning and shuffling. Ryan begins to sprint, as his calves burn and his body strained to pick up. He keeps running toward the house. As he get's closer he sees a picket fence and dashes towards it. Ryan uses the last of his energy and jumped over the fence. When he did his knee burst with pain and he crumpled. He looked at the house so close. Then he notices that he is close to the fence. Ryan begins to crawl away, but then he notices a shadow in a window in the house. Ryan becomes grossly white. As he stops and looks up at the house, still on the ground. Ryan knew he looked like a zombie and knew he was dead unless...a miracle happen.

"Unfortunately not. Gonna have to do it the old fashioned way" Timothy sighed, although got out the pick up, glancing back at the kid once more. He held out his hand to shake, a smile lighting up his features again. Friendly, although not happy. "Names Timothy Harper. Jamestown Fire Department. Although I think from the car and this getup I'm wearing you knew that" Amusedly he tilted his head "I'm afraid I don't, but what I do know is to keep away from heavily populated areas. So head out. The way I look at it, the further north, the colder it gets inhibiting them. The further south, the warmer it gets, da de dah faster decomposition. Common sense. But as soon as I get another chance I'm going back. I need to find my daughter. As for the guy in the truck, names Jack. Met him down in the city. But before I can offer anything else- You bitten? Scratched? Get any blood in your eyes or mouth? Feel feverish?"

@LostInTime

He grasped a pair of binoculars, crouched by the window occasionally glimpsing over to assess the situation. They were gathering though instead shambled there, in and out, as if provoking him. They steadily neared then shambled back again.

"What the fuck are they doing?" he queried to himself. His face contort through emotions of confusion and dumfoundedness. He suddenly percieved a pattern in his peripheral vision that was unlikely to the rest, he turned focusing on a... person. A person admist all this? He needed the company and minor bouts of excitement gathered, he calmly rose at the opportunity of actual contact after spending so much time in solitude. He saw the child stumble through the treeline opposite and exposing himself in the clearing which fortunately only a handful of these undead abominations cared to notice. The farmer watched the boy struggle, exhausted. He had to make a decision and in haste thought it best to hurriedly charge back downstairs and take care in opening the door as he had damaged it further by bursting through it prior. He beckoned the boy.

"Hey kid!" he paced toward him, noticing he was soaked, drenched from the creek and certainly exhausted. The farmer slowed, stepping in a descent from his hurry and driving his boot full force into his assailants leg. It let out a growl and deep mumble as it fell abruptly. The farmer was too busily occupied to notice the boy walked on toward his farmhouse as the farmer repeatedly stomped on the creatures head and fought the other.

"I'm uncultured, I'm uncultured, I'm uncultured, I'm uncultured, I'm uncultured!" he roared, growling at them as their bodies grew limp in the heavy warmth with each stomp he gave. He stumbled back, turning to accompany the boy.

Having been so caught up in worrying about the stumblers behind her, Jun was not prepared for almost getting run over. The SUV screeched around her, but sadly missed her follower party as well. Damn.

"What the- Flippin' hell, car! I'm not one of 'em!" She yelled after it, almost tripping down the side of the road into the ditch. "Try not to run over the living!"

Shaking her head, Juniper glanced back and took a breath. Maybe if she started picking some off now...? Yeah, that would work. Stopping her walking, Jun unsheathed her knife and swallowed hard.

"I've got this... This is fine..."

The front-most corpse finally made it close enough to reach for her, but a hard shove and a knife to the brain and he was out.

And so was Jun; In a different sense. As soon as her knife came away covered in blood, she was pretty sure the inside of her stomach had shriveled up and died. Sure she'd killed a few already, but... It definitely hadn't gotten easier yet. Ew ew ew ew ew ew...

Ryan laid in the yard, as he is extremely exhausted. He then hears a squishing sound. Ryan turned to see a farmer stepping on a zombie's head. Ryan noticed that he was in a different direction than the house. He must of come out to save me! But I must of missed him ,Ryan thought. He stood up and laid his pack on the ground. Ryan slowly went to the farmer and slammed the metal bat onto the zombie's head, inches away from the farmer's foot. Ryan looked at the farmer and smiled, but looking tired. "Hi I'm Ryan." Ryan then turned and sees the other zombies coming toward them. He lifted his bat over his head like he was about to play baseball.

The farmer realised the boy now lay merely conscious. He knelt down and without fault hoist the boy over his soldier in a fireman's carry, his free hand tightly clasped around the Colt. Lightly jogging the farmer closed in on his home and laid the boy in a comfortable position by the wall, allowing him rest as the farmer momentarily disappeared into the living room followed by a heavy grinding of wood upon wood. He was pushing across an oak shelf that rose just above the door and was wide enough to provide the sufficient support long enough to hopefully reorganise. Rest of the home didn't pique his curiosity as the outhouse was relatively secure and-

CRACK. It sound as if a tree were about to timber, though instead hadn't notice the gathering that now attempt to break down the back down. Relatively panicked the farmer dragged along the boy down the hallway and into the descent of the basement, the farmer discard him on the unforgiving concrete floor as he set a hardened plastic chair tilted against the handle after locking the door. The farmer laid old boxes labeled "Christmas", " Decor", "Furniture" in marker pen against the base of the door, stacking them like a barricade. This would hopefully discourage them long enough before realising they're in the basement.

"FUCK!" he thought to himself, having only now remembered he left his Kalashnikov and shotgun upstairs, all he was armed with was the Colt and whatever the fuck that boy had on him. The farmer sat against the wall, fatigued, he uncapped a flask of whiskey from the contents of the table above and began savouring it's contents.

These are the last days...

[Phone at 6% will be on tomorrow, 'Ryan', don't open that fucking door alrite mate? Basement is stocked with enough food to last us two days.

Take care everyone& have a safe week, night x❤]

Ryan was shocked that the farmer carried him. As the farmer was going toward the house. Ryan desperately grabbed for his bagg. He flipped the baseball bat and tried again, but missed. As the farmer did what he did. Ryan begins to think of what he would or will do. Without noticing, he was put on the basement floor and the farmer was putting boxes, barricading them inside the basement. As the farmer laid down and drinked from his bottle, Ryan knew that the dead were right on them. Ryan gripped his baseball bat. Ryan's supplies were in the yard, with zombies. He was locked in the basement with a old farmer. Ryan only had a baseball bat and the farmer seemed to have a colt. This was not looking good. But after the whole day of swimming and running, barely a mile, maybe two. Ryan laid on the floor, as sleep took over him. After a day, he was exhausted. Ryan closed his eyes and slept.

While outside the door, outside the farm, over the whole state a war raged. People of all kind were trying to surviving. People that Ryan or any of them knew yet. But they might meet in the near future.

As Ryan dreamed, he dreamed of a red pickup and a black suv. Ryan knew that he had to stop the cars, but he just stood their. Both cars pass by each other and Ryan as he stands there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back