• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Outlawed

(lunch sounds good)

Is that all she eats, Jack thought. Just finding Grateic food would take half the day. Lucky for them Jack was a really quick info gatherer. Midday into finding a frigate parking area for tired cross galaxy cargo movers Jack had enough info to rough patch a good idea were he could find someone who could give a more exact location on his VIP and was waiting on the outside of the restaurant in what looked to be a richer part of town. Jack looked in place, after cashing in some of the diamonds plus some of his money thats been built up, he was wearing a new suit with a snazzy red tie and a nice hat to top it all off. He was missing his good old coat and shirt but he did need to fit in as much as possible because he knew Ray wasnt going to attempt to fit in.

(This is pretty cool http://www.pirateglossary.com/Ships_and_Sailing_Lingo.html )

Of course Ray never tired to fit in. The problem with Ray was she never cared. If you asked her to fit in she would try, but in less you physically gave her something to ware in replacement she wouldn't fit in. If you ask Ray not to do things... she won't. Prime example... she had resisted the urge to steal and kill idiots that she's dealt with all day.

However, despite her, for lack or better terms, diplomatic tactics, Ray was able to get quite a bit of information. Jack would be proud of her.... not that she was looking for the approval of her only friend. Not that he was much of a friend either. Or that she had much room to talk. Despite all their differences, Jack did find Grateic food. When Ray meet up with him she eye'd his new apparel. "I certainly hope you spent some of that money to the ship..."

"This only took 2 diamonds to obtain, i have some bargaining skills, you know something that you should really work on. Oh and yes Most went to the ship. This is not a private place lets go somewhere more appropriate I already have a table for the two of us." Jack said as he ushered Ray into the restaurant

The place was not very busy few people here and few people there. However this did seem to be a place that you would come to at night and eat then. Jack followed the man that led Him and Ray to the table in the back corner of the restaurant away from anyone else.

"So What did you find out?"

"I have bargaining skills..... they consist of a bit of fire and asking nicely." Ray said dryly. When they moved to sit down, Ray took off her cloak and placed it down on the back of her chair. Ray was actually a good bluffer and a polite woman. Again all her faults were: She just doesn't care. "Have you heard of the planet Dark Winter? Its apparently an ice planet completely dangerous... Theres some kind of book there. Any of that sound right?"

(I'm going off a whim of what we did last time since I don't actually know anything >.>)

"Well im glade you can find a book but we are looking for a girl." At least Jack knew she could gather some information. and hopefully he found out a little more then where a book was. The waiter arrived and started to take orders

"Ill have the house special, Ray?"

Ray let out a long heavy sigh and then cursed, Jack's lack of information made this so much harder then it actually was. He earlier just handed her a picture and told her to go find information on the girls location, that was all he did. For all Ray knew the book might know, who knows. She didn't obviously. "Same... Slice of cake of dessert later." She mumbled. Ray just looked more than upset now. 
(Bump)

Last edited by a moderator:
(sorry this took so long)

"Well here lets brighten your spirits a bit." Jack said as he took out a starmap

"Her last known location is Tabbar, a isolated planet in the Furna system. She was transported by a group of photographers, Which means that the EDF is somehow involved. The last bit that the Cargo ships captains knew is that they are headed for the Frozen Galaxy. Sound familiar yet, nice and cold, and frozen, and lots of death, because people freeze." Jack stopped the conversation short when the waiter walked out with his and Ray's food and continued once he left.

"So if you have any intreast in that book, well your going to have to make a side trip but we will be close." Jack said as he bit into the strange looking blob that is Grateic food, it tasted like a fish of some sort but all the food looked the same.

"Actually... anything related to reading float my fancy. Why is the EDF involved with her?" Ray asked before she picked up the traditional silverware for Grateic food. It was like a spoon, but it had sharp bend to it that looked a lot like a ladle. It caused you to have to hold you hand above your head to even get the spoon into your mouth.

"The book did sound interesting, It would be nice to see what the big deal was. We can make the detour after we find the girl. Job first.." Ray muttered before she went to take a bit.

"Our employer didnt mention EDF we found our about 3 planets ago when we were attacked by some EDF elites after one of our men asked too many questions and made too much noise. you know how the EDF gets when you play with their toys. Why they are involved idk but the pay is well worth it." Jack said as his face twist and turned "How do you enjoy this type of food? its disgusting."

"I find you and Bone disgusting and you don't see me complaining." Ray stated. Of course Ray didn't mean that, being Jack and Bone where the only people she actually tolerated and... for lack of better term, loved. The only person she ever respected was the man who saved all their lives and made them into the people they are today.Then there was her little brother, although dead, she loved him more than anything. Everyone else in the universes could go burn and die. Including her oldest brother.

"I guess we will still look for more information tomorrow or just head on over to the Frozen Galaxy?" She asked. Ray looked up a minute to see her cake get delivered, though it came in the same blobed fashion as the rest of their food. She would admit... the cake Jack's people made were among her favorite to eat. The shape, texture, flavor.... it was all wonderful.

Ray pushed her food away to move on to the sweet dish just brought to her, she couldn't help it. Jack and Bone knew very well that she had a soft spot of cake, and nothing usually got between her and it.

---

A very slim but slightly tall woman leaned against the building, she knew were Jack and Ray were. She and her loyal friend had been hired to take care of them by some pirates. Now, while an outlaw should never trust a pirate, they were promise a heavy sum of money. Not only were they promised some personal payment, they also manage to.... 'bargain' for a 65-35 cut. Bargain meaning they would destroy everything they owned for wasting their time if they did not sucom to her demands.

Mia knew better, she knew that the pirates were hopping Ray and Jack would destroy her and her friend or vise versa. She also knew even if they succeeded in killing Ray and Jack, they would back stab them and take all the money anyway. Of course she was ready for this too. She would, along with Rex, destroy every last pirate soul.

Mia looked around the outside of the store. Where did Rex go? Placing down the Violin case, she leaned on it lightly to peak around the building. You couldn't miss the guy...

"Found it." Rex said as he ripped off a rocket launcher from a police cruiser. Rex proceeded to walk into the street looking at the Grateic restaurant. Thats when the screams started, Rex was a very scary sight, a human giant in battle armor that made him more mech then human plus anything with a rocket launcher was intimidating.

---

Jack's head peaked up, that noise he thought. the only true sound was the horrible Gratic music that played solftly in the background as to not ruin the mood. The walls looked sound proof as to avoid the sound wash from outside the restaurant but something felt wrong

"Ray. In about ten seconds you need to roll out of the seat and do your ray of death towards the left wall ok. dont ask questions."

"Ray of Light... Jack.... its called Ray of Light... and that is a one time move zapping me of all my energy. You'll proububly abandon me with whatever you damn gut feeling is telling me." Ray said, however she did get out of her seat taking the last bite of cake before she held out her hand, "I'll give you a caster that will be worth your wild... give me an empty shell... make it a bit one." She told him.

--

Mia was adjusting her light arm, which she just started to wear. It matched Rex's armor to come degree. When Mia heard a scream come from behind her, she leaned down and opened her case to reveal a metal bow. It was currently folded up.

Pulling out the bow she extended both the sides out then proceeded lock them in place. It just looked like a very long, curved stick. It was stringless and she had now quivers or arrows. When Rex rounded the corner Mia felt a confident smirk cross her lips as she ran up to the giant. "Rex, is that a new rocket launcher? It matches your eye's." She told him as she jumped up onto the gun and then climbed the giant's arm to his back.

Rex stood up with his newly acquired cargo took about a second to aim the rocket at where they thought Jack and Ray were when the round went shooting out of the launcher. It was a strange rocket defiantly meant for space because the rocket took a second for the engine to ignite, it took about a third of a second to reach the wall, and then there was a flash. The building was half demolished but that didnt stop the now bloodthirsty Rex, explosions always did get his blood pumping. Crashing through the wall Rex threw the launcher across the tables hitting the desk half way across the restaurant, pulling a chain gun that was hanging from the side.

---

"Im not asking fo.... get down" Jack yelled as he grabbed Ray and jumped behind the counter with her. The wall where they were sitting exploded and rock and rubble rained down onto Jack and Ray. Jack heard a grunt as something, no someone busted through the small remainders of the wall. Thats when a hunk of metal slammed into the counter they were hiding behind.

"Im glad that at least they dont send pirates to do an outlaws job. The death angles welcome I would offer you something to eat, but it seems that you arent hungry." Jack yelled from behind the counter. He looked at Ray and wispered "you know there are methods to my madness" as he pulled annie out of her case. and thought this is going to be a rodeo

Ray hissed, "Jack I don't ever think your idea's in combat are a good idea.... Keep them occupied..." She told him with a bit of anger, though Ray placed her hands together in hand sign for a gun and started to chant, signaling her start for the Ray of Light spell.

---

Mia shielded her eyes as smoke and dust flew and the sweet sound of screams graced her ears. Rex continued to tear through the building seeming satisfied with how the wall was only half destroyed. When he made it through the layers, he tossed the rocket launch inside the building than pulled on of the guns they had specially made for him off his side. "Thank, we just ate. We are actually here for a personal call. I guess we should have reserved some tables next to you? This does seem a bit rude not to call a head. Perhaps we should make it up to you? A quick death sounds nice. Its a shame there is only two of you, it would have been nice to fight the three musketeers at their full potential." Mia spewed, while she talked she extended her bow and red thin light stretched across the neck of the bow, She loaded a fire elemental arrow and held it for whoever peaked their head out first.

"Why do you guys get the cool name, seriously. 'The three musketeers' that sounds so lame, and yet 'Death Angles' has a beautiful ring to it. Why did we get named the three musketeers?" Jack said as he took his coat and grabbed what looked like re-bar and pushed his coat up. A chain gun went off and Jacks coat was no longer on the re-bar. "You know i paid good money for that coat." Jack looked at Ray and gave her a 'Will you hurry up'

---

Rex saw what looked like a man stand up through the smoke and his helmet it was hard to see so he just lit it up. All of the musketeers talking was making his high drop but shooting his chain guns brought it all back. Oh the rush. thats when Rex heard something ticking under the table he was standing next to. "Mia, why is that table ticking."

Ray listened to Jack's banter right before a chain gun went off. Out of all the outlaws in the world... why these two?! They rank as high and Jack, her and Bone did. Ray ignored Jack's look, he knew that this move took a long while to charge. It was almost ready... just a little longer.

---

Mia smirked, "Its all about the public. We both know its the Public that names you, you just happen to get a really lame name." Readying to shoot an arrow at Jack, Rex gained her attention to a 'ticking table.' Mia put her bow down in a moment of, 'it could only mean one thing.' "Toss the table at them Rex!" Mia yelled suddenly.

Jack was going to pop up and take a shot at the giant and partner when an explosion ripped through the entirety of the restaurant. The walls shook, Jack and Ray's hiding place was reduced to rubble, along with the everything inside. Minutes passed until Jack could see past the smoke. The large man that is Rex was picking himself up off the road, Mia not far from him no doubt. Jack stood up anne drawn, "Well I would love to take credit for that little trap, but honestly I dont think your employer likes you very much, And by my guess you picked the wrong pirate to team with. Well Im full so glad you could join us for dinner. Ray we are leaving." Without wasting anymore time Jack was walking away from Mia and Rex blending into the crowd.

Mia groaned and rolled over holding her shoulder. The explosion clipped a small part of her that was not behind Rex. Who ever thought explosives could kill Rex was an idiot... he got hit by rockets from air ships and still stood.

Ray on the other hand, her spell was disrupted and she felt the backlash of such a powerful spell being interrupted. Ray coughed, completely in pain from the backlash. She rushed to get up before moving to get away while the little archer was stunned. Forget Jack, she needed to get herself to safety.

Jack put a gap between the now swarming restaurant and himself.

"Ray, Where on earth is that girl, She better get back to the ship asap before I have to go looking for her." Jack said talking to himself. He was working his way back when he finally herd the sirens of the police responding, They took their time responding, it had been minutes since the initial explosion, and no doubt the call-ins of the Death angles and the Musketeers would attract some calls too. This could work in favor for Jack and Ray later.

Rex Stood Dazed, but only for a second. He looked around and gained his surroundings, they had been knocked back into the street by the explosion no doubt hopping to get Rex standing in front of the table to explode on his back where his armor was less thick, meaning it may or may not have killed him either way.

"Mia!" Rex yelled as he scooped her up being careful of what looked of a broken shoulder "Its time to go." He said as his face showed nothing but concern for Mia. Rex was about a block out with Mia before he was surrounded by the police "Mia can you run? I will hold them off until your safe I will meet you at the hotel." Rex said as he placed Mia near an open ally hoping her pride would not get the better of her.

Ray scuttled around the area a bit till she by chance spotted Jack's mop of hair wondering around the crowd. His fancy suit that he had gotten earlier, very much ruined from rolling around in the rubble. Putting her own hood from her cloak over her head, she began to follow Jack slowly. Ray felt the urge to cough of blood and needed some herbs to help repair her...

Mia was so disoriented she was not exactly registering what was happening right now. "Uh..." Mia only manage to say. She looked around at the cops before frowning. Reaching behind her to get an arrow, and sucked in her breath as she realized her shoulder hurt beyond belief. Even more annoyingly so, her bow was not on her back. "Rex... my bow, where is it?" She asked. She looked at Rex and confirmed it wasn't connected to him either.

"Mia... you cannot fight, ill handle this, go back to the hotel. Ill find your bow when Im done here." Rex said almost begging. He knew that Mia couldnt fight in the condition that she was in. and it would be a while before she could pull a bow properly. damn her and her pride.

It took Jack some time to get back to the ship, the explosion starting to take its toll on his body, plus he was sure he had a concussion. Well at least he picked a ship with an on bored medical station, that he was smart enough to do. Jack took his time with some meds and was pulling some shrapnel out of his arm man he hurt everywhere. Ray should be coming in soon, Jack decided to wait up for her make sure she wasnt going to die on him overnight.

Mia grit her teeth and looked behind Rex one more time before she took a step back into the ally. "Fine.." She said softly before turning around and running disappearing into the ally way.

Ray did show up, stumbling into the medic bay. She didn't take notice if Jack was there or not, but she started to look for herbs from her world, tearing the room apart to look for some. If she could not find some, she was just going to suffer for the next 48 hours... throwing up blood like a stomach virus. All she wanted was some cake, the next thing she knew the death angels showed up to kill them. With people like Mia and Rex involved, they might actually want to track Bone down.

As much as Bone pissed her off most the time... He was good at what he did. Sword play mostly... and being an idiot.

"Well look what the cat dragged in." Jack said looking at the wounded Ray, on the outside she look in about as good condition as he did, but by the way she walked she looked way worse, Jack could only guess that its from the magic she was casting. Jack being earthborn doesnt know anything about magic, hell the closest thing to magic he has is annie the caster he got from Darian. Its out dated and you can find casters that are more efficient and can get multiple shots out of a single caster shell, but Jack had no intention on getting rid of annie she just worked too damn well. "You look worse for wear. And i know its not much but I stopped by a bakery, I found some Earth Style Cake. Rest up, tomorrow we are back out for several things. We need Bone, we are stronger as three, Two, I need to find out more info on the ice planets before we can get on our way, otherwise flying in blind my get us into more trouble then needed, so heal up and rest up, the next week is going to be a long one, now more then ever with death angles chasing us down."

It took Rex several minutes before the crowd of police that surrounded him had decided that their dead buddies were plenty the signal to run away. Rex slipped in between back allys, trying to stay out of main streets, after all someone as big as Rex isnt easy to hide. It took a few hours but Rex managed to make it back to the restaurant where there were people and first responders surrounding the place. Locating Mia's bow was easier said then done. After scaring the info out of some poor sap Rex located the said merchant who picked up the pieces of weaponry that was left behind. Rex was amazed at how much work it was, he was already missing how much work Mia did on the talking side. Before long Rex found himself at the merchants house, and after a few words and a missing wall Rex was on his way back with Mia's bow plus a new back mounted rail gun, who knew he could be so persuasive? Rex walked into the dark apartment looking for any signs of Mia "Hello? Mia? I found your bow." Rex said almost in a whisper, well, as close to a whisper that Rex could manage.

"I was actually thinking the same thing... about Bone. We need him if we are to continue with this...Even then the Death Angels are... strong. Its mostly Rex though, his armor. If he was armor-less, then we should win." Ray knocked over a few things but she finally found a small case that had several dried leafs in it. Ray then motioned for Jack to follow with her as she entered the kitchen and filled up small bubbled jar and stuck on a long pipe, the water immediately started to bubble from being heated. Ray put some water in a cup before putting one of the leafs in the cup.

After a few moments, a rather powerful and horrible herbal smell fumigated the room, "Mia is incredibly weak, Rex is the true weapon. Since the book and the girl might have a connection, I suggest we do find it... but the other planet where the girl was last spotted which was in the same solar system... we may wand to start there." Ray took a shaky drink of the tea before making a sour face, proububly the most expressive face she has ever made next to pissed off. She continued after taking another sip, "I'll start looking for Bone tomorrow... we'll need to just hope he's on the way... What are we even going to do with the girl when we find her? Kill her?"

--------------------

Mia stumbled around the alleyway until she manage to get her baring. Rex disappeared from her view and all she could see was the city. She was sure she had a concoction from explosion and she was not sure her arm was broken, but it was defiantly sprained.

Stumbling around more she finally made it to the apartment that her and Rex were currently in. She touched the door to open it, when it slowly creaked open on its own. She wasn't alone.Leaving heave on the wall next to the door, she took a few breaths to prepare herself for a fight. Bow-less and hurt, she might be no match for what ever was in the room.

She pushed the door open anyway and rolled into the room. What she found were the captain of the pirates that had hired them along with a few of his crew members. They looks shocked that she was here, obviously not expecting her to survive. "Ah... Captain, what a surprise!" Mia said standing up. "You look surprise I am even alive... you planted the bomb wrong and Rex and I survive wonderfully, so did Jack and I am almost sure so did Ray. All you manage to do is piss me off.... so we are going to make a deal."

"W-what deal?" He asked, he obviously did not want to die.

Gritting her teeth a bit, Mia yanked one of his crew members to her and she disarmed him of his gun. The movement made her arm scream in pain. Now.. Mia didn't know sh!t about guns, but she did know you usually pull the trigger and it killed what was in front of you. A lot like a bow and arrow, but less work, less accuracy too. Holding up the gun, she aimed the best she could before shooting the captain right between the eyes. She then spun on her heals and looked at the men around her, "The deal is, convert to the code of outlaws and serve your new captain, or die a painful death like the late captain."

The men all looked rather wide eye'd before nodding obediently, submissive to their new captain.

"Good..." Mia said. That was when Rex walked into the apartment, "Welcome back Rex, we just adopted a new crew of fresh outlaws. Ready to go find this earth girl and get rich?" She asked her partner with a grin. Man her arm hurt, though she was relived to see her bow.

(I'll take Bone and his benches, you can take his trash can rival... the one with the explosives. I don't remember his name. Phoenix? He was a mechanic or just a demolition guy?)

(Yes it was Phoenix, and he was kinda both but we need a Mechanic so thats what he is, Draco is nothing but a killing machine and same with Rex and Ray. Mia and Jack are our pilots, and Bone is comic relief. )

Jack was up early the next day, much work to be done and little time. A timer was running on the lead he got and finding out that the EDF sworn enemys of Outlaws are behind it made everything all the worse. It took him half the day to figure out the location of the Frozen Galaxy, Barthus was the real name of the galaxy but the planets where so far from the suns that many called it the frozen galaxy. It was a baron place for the most part, no crops could be grown there the only thing that kept trade there was the milk that was found in the live-stalk there, and a special flower that when heated created a drug that was so powerful that it was known to be fatal if not taken exactly correct. After finding this info it wasnt long before Jack was ready to go, but not without some preparation. The Death Angels were now on his tale and no doubt were looking for some unmarked or unregistered flights that came in, Jack was a step ahead already. He walked into the Court room at about midday. He walked up to the Lady at the Front desk

"Ill be right with you." she said in a voice that told Jack that she really didnt want to be there. To be honest neither did he.

Jack went to sit down in the waiting room. He was reading a Magazine when he overheard to ladies talking in seats behind him

"Did you hear about the Pirate they found?" The first one said

"Wasnt he the one that was responsible for the explosion down in Grateic Town." The second one continued "It was Ja'Feld right?"

Thats all Jack needed to hear about that. His old Pirate friend decided that he wanted all the cash for himself and it was easy to figure out that the Death Angles didnt like the surprise that he left for them.

"Mr Jack Starling?" A voice said over the intercom as Guards walked into the room. Jack smiled faintly

------------------

Rex was busy all day training the new outlaws how to, well be outlaws. There were 10 in the beginning but after one pissed Rex off well there were 9 and a newly remodeled room with a new window to the outside. The day was long trying to get them to understand that they did what they want but with rules. It made it harder to teach because the rules where unwritten and blurred but the rules where there, every Outlaw followed them and they all seemed to know them although never taught you just followed them.

"Mia, They are ready where do you want to go from here?" Rex said with the hope that action would follow suit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back