• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Out Of Service

WantYourSoul

Resident Babyface

You were running late. You were running an obscene amount of time late and the only subway stopping at your destination soon is one on a long, winding path along the big city.

This train was dubbed the "late-comer's tube" due to its frequent passengers of those who are very, very late.

Like you! Just as the sleek white body slides to a stop with a gust of displaced rubbish, you rush to avoid being caught by the night shift workers from the nearby nuclear plant disembarking. They looked harrowed and were carrying bags in their sweat-sleek arms.

Too late too pay attention, you make a weaving dash to the car, you slide in just in time to catch a teenager running full tilt at the car with the common "I'm too late for even the late bus" expression. The kid's crushed expression is the last thing you see as the tunnel plunges into darkness as it slides forward.

After a minute or so of darkness, the lights had remained dark. And then instead of lights turning on, a horrendous shriek of concrete and metal warping assaults your ears.

Through the ringing in your ears, you vaguely hear screaming before a piece of rubble slams into you, turning the dark absolute.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read this. So basically this is about a typical crash lacking typical proportions. I'll give it a brief run down.

The aforementioned power plant that rests nearby the subway station has had a catastrophic systems meltdown.

The resulting explosion was devastating. Those who didn't die from the explosion soon died of the sudden flush of radiation coursing trough the tunnels, which served almost as veins to transport this deadly wave of radioactivity.

Everyone was dead, except for you. Except for all pubescent teenagers and children in the cars. The deadly radioactivity seemed to have spared you, possibly because of the bodily changes an unstable hormones served as a sort of barrier.

You were alive, but changed. Those around you had developed strange abilities. One kid could create fire with a snap of their fingers. Another could make a seed blossom in the palm of their hands.

You are trapped below the city with no help from adults, unsure if anyone outside the two cars not entirely destroyed by the explosion are even alive. You are trapped with uncontrollable powers and limited supplies.

The adults are all gone, and now is more than ever when you'd like them to get you out of trouble.

The powers are all assigned randomly to characters to embrace the whole "radioactivity just toyed with my DNA like a kitten with a ball of yarn" vibe. Not even I get to decide my own character's power, it's a randomly generated list, yo.

If you're interested I'd like around 12 characters. And remember, these are all pubescent teens. So anywhere between 12-21.

Also, it's important to ask that you be "detailed"! Don't worry, I'm not demanding a novella per response, but at least a good long paragraph or two with detail enough to work off of.

Thanks for reading!!!

I'd love to hear what you guys think!

9/12

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested! This reminded me of the first rp i've ever joined, so i'm looking forward to this!

Sounds enjoyable.

The randomization element and the helplessness feeling are quite good ideas. I'll have to watch this one and see if it's good.

I'm glad to see some people are interested!!!

I'll add you to a list so I don't forget to save your places!!

So I'll add you two to the list, Netflix and... Mac?

The theatre kid in me refuses to even type it.

All hail superstition!!

Hur hur :D And think what it's like to me to have this username~ Call me Macveth or Macbee if you don't want all this fabulous bad luck ;P

Thanks for all the interest you guys have been showing!!

I think after one or two more people show interest, I'll create a thread.

Alrighty, so I'll create the thread later tonight.

I'll mention all of you in the thread and also link it in this one, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back