Out of Character Chat

Hey everyone. I've thought about my potential role in the RP some and I've decided to basically keep my involvement fairly minor. The pace of posts and the size of the cast is too much for me to really keep up with well. I still would like to become involved but in more of a 'guest star' sort of role so if you need a corrupted gem for a monster of the week style plot or a mysterious, confused cracked gem for... whatever I'll be happy to oblige but I don't think I'll involve myself in the main plotline any. It's not that I don't want to play because I definitely do I just don't think my personal style is very compatible with the way things are around here. I'm too slow and methodical with my posts and I usually do 1x1s so a huge group like this is really difficult for me to keep up with.

Hey everyone. I've thought about my potential role in the RP some and I've decided to basically keep my involvement fairly minor. The pace of posts and the size of the cast is too much for me to really keep up with well. I still would like to become involved but in more of a 'guest star' sort of role so if you need a corrupted gem for a monster of the week style plot or a mysterious, confused cracked gem for... whatever I'll be happy to oblige but I don't think I'll involve myself in the main plotline any. It's not that I don't want to play because I definitely do I just don't think my personal style is very compatible with the way things are around here. I'm too slow and methodical with my posts and I usually do 1x1s so a huge group like this is really difficult for me to keep up with.

If you haven't noticed, the main RP tab is more like several 1x1s where the roles are swapped occasionally. Two people interacting, one person diverting some attention, everyone reassembles, rinse wash repeat.

Don't worry about being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of posts either. We can set up a 1x1 or a 1x2 for you and a few others to RP in relative isolation.

we're here to collectively meet each others' needs, not force newcomers to conform to a specific type of RP if they aren't uncomfortable with it.

Hellooooooo. So, this is... Very strange. Like, very. Am I the only one slightly confused by this system?

Anyways, hi and thanks for accepting me.

Since we have a lot of characters, I wonder if it'd make more sense to have multiple threads for multiple happenings? I'm not super experienced with group RP but I've seen RPs in the past split things up by general location... I'm not really sure what would be ideal here, though.

If you haven't noticed, the main RP tab is more like several 1x1s where the roles are swapped occasionally. Two people interacting, one person diverting some attention, everyone reassembles, rinse wash repeat.

Don't worry about being overwhelmed by the sheer amount of posts either. We can set up a 1x1 or a 1x2 for you and a few others to RP in relative isolation.

we're here to collectively meet each others' needs, not force newcomers to conform to a specific type of RP if they aren't uncomfortable with it.

I set up another multi-rp if you guys wanna do more than one at one time.

I set up another multi-rp if you guys wanna do more than one at one time.

I'll see what I can pull together tomorrow then. It's late and I'm tired and feeling kind of crappy so not the best state of mind to write. I'll be busy most of the day but I'll still have time to at least get my feet wet, I think.

sorry i've been inactive the past two days, i've been super busy! i've fallen too far behind in the big group rp to catch up but I'd do some 1x1s if anyone's down

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, thank you, @Bum Bear . I'd been messing around with that idea in my head for a few months now, filling in detail after detail. I tried  to make it as interesting as possible and it's nice to know I succeeded with at least one person.

@AvidElmV2

You're welcome. She's a really nice character without the literal nice

trait, if that makes anymore sense. Wish a took a few more hours to

work on my CS to make it better, but my minds telling me no, but my

Bumness ... MY  BUMNESS IS TELLING ME no as well.

- R Kelly

@StratusDoll

I have one quick question. I'm assuming that I will

be outside of the ship you're in, so I would just like to know

the relative location such as if it's on a beach, in the mountains, or

some other possible place. Along with that, is it anywhere near Beach City?

So, now that my OC has been accepted... I have no idea what to do. How does the RP work here? I'm seeing lot's of 1x1 threads so I'm guessing the main thread isn't used as much?

So, now that my OC has been accepted... I have no idea what to do. How does the RP work here? I'm seeing lot's of 1x1 threads so I'm guessing the main thread isn't used as much?

Well. The main thread is kinda slow but if you want a 1x1 we can set it up.

Currently working on something for Zultanite. I'm not sure where I'll put it but it'll be done either tonight or tomorrow. I am a Very Slow RoleplayerTM

EDIT: Ughhh never mind I'm going to wait until the site becomes more responsive because I just lost like all of my writing due to me accidentally clicking the wrong dang button and I do not feel like rewriting all of that from memory. At least it gave me a good idea of the themes I'm going for with her character at the beginning of her story?? Silver lining???

@Bum Bear

Ah, sorry, I didn't see your question until someone else had already taken the reply.

For reference, it isn't ridiculously far from Beach City, but it's closer to the kindergarden Bloodstone was made in than anything. It's in a sort of forested area, camouflaged a bit with the surrounding trees.

If you want to make a 1x1 and have me reply, I'd be happy to!

Haha I'm just gonna stop rping in the main rp for a while and you guys can pretend that I made Quartz do literally nothing--

A clusterf*ck does not a good RP make.

Having too many characters interacting at once will quickly expound the small inconsistencies to the point of being painful to continue. The best way to introduce a character is a 1x1 or 1x1x1/1x2, and then build character from there. Watch the show, you'll see that a lot of the get-togethers are actually one or two people interacting at a time.

Dont worry about not being included, go somewhere else and find someone while they're alone. Go talk to them, make some drama! Try not to [insert self into story], however. 

If people decide that your crashing ship is about to hit the Rebellion's base, so be it. Don't say your crashing ship is about to hit their base, however. It may sound counterintuitive, but that's how being polite to the point of being a pushover works.

eh, I'm rambling now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back