Out of Character Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm thinking everyone in this RP understands that there are some scenes other players don't want spied on/uncovered without their permission, yes?  I'm sure we can all agree to that.

Long answer:

I think it depends on primarily three things- where you decide to hold those scenes, who was all present in those scenes, how much effort is put into keeping the scene secret.

Example of poor secret keeping due to location- Having a secret meeting in house LaChance. Lucien has the ability to talk to his house (the building and objects, not the people) about what has happened there. If one has a secret thing there, and Lucien talks to his stool that was in the room, it's unlikely that it's going to be kept secret from him for long. 

Example of poor secret keeping due to people present- Vonun initiate talking about Alucard's Army while Orlov's ghoul was nearby. If there's another character or npc present, they might learn about the secret. Then they can tell the secret to whoever they wish.

Example of poor secret keeping due to lack of effort- Talking about important secrets via a phone call in a public place when you know that someone has been spying on you recently, and are unwilling to communicate with someone else via phone call because you believe it would be intercepted. You're basically asking for the secret to be found out by someone at that point.

It's very rare that all three requirements will be met for any secret. Normally, that's fine and the secret doesn't get spread too far, but if one completely ignores one of those three things above it might be discovered real quick. We have quite a few characters who exist almost solely to be nosy, and keeping a secret for forever is going to be very difficult. That being said, there's almost always a delay between when the event occurs and when the nosy one learns about the secret. There is also a very real possibility that the secret can be misinterpreted. Also, it can be really difficult to prove the secret. And lastly, no one is omnipresent. Unless one completely ignores one of those things above, the spying would have to be a deliberate thing that a character does to the exact place or person spied on often.

(Potential bias: I am a supporter of in-character espionage. Disclaimer: I think that if one is going to do espionage, they need to be able to adequately describe precisely when and where they set up all the necessary parts for the espionage, have a reasonable way that other's can avoid the espionage if they think about it, have a reasonable acceptance for whatever consequences occur after being discovered, have a reasonable delay for when the nosy one is informed, and be open to misinterpreting the secret. Typically these things should be discussed with the person who will be/was spied on to better help the flow of the story.)

Short version:

So long as it's not blatant you'll be fine.

I was more driving at the whole, 'coming to an agreement before just discovering something' bit. Kind of like how you didn't want Vonun's secret basement to just be 'discovered' during Elysium. But hell, the whole place was open for the exploring and we're all monsters who care nothing about locked doors. We just didn't trod on it because you asked. 

I'm just saying that if someone asks and they haven't just blurted whatever in the streets, that as players, we can agree on a secret being kept.

So the kind of standard in terms of these combat situations I'll be looking for will be:

• If a trained hunter takes on a Neonate, no contest. The young vampire will meet Final Death in a 1x1 battle
  • Trained hunter going 1x1 with an older vampire, it'll be a bit of a toss up. I recommend the players discuss this in OoC beforehand to decide the outcome
  • Lone hunter against a Head of House? The hunter may put up a fight but if the Kindred in question wants them dead, then they don't have a chance alone. It will require a group of hunters to take a Head down
  • Hunter and a King? There's no contest, a lone hunter would be slaughtered in an instant. It'll take a coordinated effort of multiple skilled hunters to even have a chance.

A lone Head of House likely will not be able to kill a King either. Multiple head vampires attacking at once? Probably

Just gonna bring this back from the dead for reference

hey guys. i was in an automobile accident. thankfully, no one was hurt. I just thought you should know

Shit, I'm sorry to hear that. D: Glad no one was hurt though. Those can be pretty unnerving regardless... (Speaking from experience)

Hey dont knock it. Some people arent so lucky. I ended up going through the side window in a car crash. My skull was all kinds of fucked up but luckily no permanent damage. Barely left a scar. So glad rveryone was ok mate. Whiplash can become apparent later tho so keep an eye out for that.

On a seperate note, @KageYuuki, ill be PMing you soon for the bar scene. See if you cant get um.....ooh jesus I forgot her username right now....idk. you know who Im talking about lmao. So we can have that worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back