Out of Character Chat

CrownedCyri said:
would it be douchey of me to ask to switch my reservation from umbreon to espeon? :y I was looking around and i found an espeon gijinka that i just fell in love with
Yes I will switch the reservation in just a moment!

WAIT UMBREON'S FREE NOW?

can i grab that as my second reservation /weeps

I had this shiny umbreon gijinka i wanted to use so bad weeps

monopoisoner said:
WAIT UMBREON'S FREE NOW?
can i grab that as my second reservation /weeps

I had this shiny umbreon gijinka i wanted to use so bad weeps
I will make your reservation in just a second!

Mitchs98 said:
@Shortcake Fixed. Also. If I wantes my Raichu to be one of the main thingies, what kind of writing sample do you need?
It's not really a main character, as much of a character with more power. Unfortunately, Raichu isn't able to Mega-Evolve, therefore it unfortunately can't be one of those , "main," eighteen characters unless the creators of Pokemon confirm Mega Raichu for Sun and Moon within the next few days. The options for the electric type mega spot is for either Ampharos or Manectric. If it isn't taken within the next 14 days, I may revise the "Official Mega-Evolutions only," rule, in which case then, if you still want Raichu as a mega character, your writing sample can be a post you've made from another roleplay, and you can simply add in the mega stone as your held item and the mega-form into your, "Other Pictures," tab.

May I quote you?

To be honest, I actually kinda wanted to change that rule anyway so I could make Sylveon a mega character, since I feel like I should make a mega character so I can exemplify to other players what sort of character I'm looking for, but the reason I didn't is because I don't like when GMs change their rules randomly just to suit their own needs, nor do I like seeing GMs that break their own rules. Sorry if that seems a bit blatant or whatever, but I want to be a decent GM at least in terms of fairness if anything.

Shortcake said:
It's not really a main character, as much of a character with more power. Unfortunately, Raichu isn't able to Mega-Evolve, therefore it unfortunately can't be one of those , "main," eighteen characters unless the creators of Pokemon confirm Mega Raichu for Sun and Moon within the next few days. The options for the electric type mega spot is for either Ampharos or Manectric. If it isn't taken within the next 14 days, I may revise the "Official Mega-Evolutions only," rule, in which case then, if you still want Raichu as a mega character, your writing sample can be a post you've made from another roleplay, and you can simply add in the mega stone as your held item and the mega-form into your, "Other Pictures," tab.
May I quote you?

To be honest, I actually kinda wanted to change that rule anyway so I could make Sylveon a mega character, since I feel like I should make a mega character so I can exemplify to other players what sort of character I'm looking for, but the reason I didn't is because I don't like when GMs change their rules randomly just to suit their own needs, nor do I like seeing GMs that break their own rules. Sorry if that seems a bit blatant or whatever, but I want to be a decent GM at least in terms of fairness if anything.
Fine by me. And the writing sample will be NP. Regardless of the rule change I might make a third character for one of the mega evolution spots. Surely out of all the rps I'm in I have a decent writing sample to give d:. I don't really play pokemon at all so I had no clue what the official thing meant. xD

Mitchs98 said:
Fine by me. And the writing sample will be NP. Regardless of the rule change I might make a third character for one of the mega evolution spots. Surely out of all the rps I'm in I have a decent writing sample to give d:. I don't really play pokemon at all so I had no clue what the official thing meant. xD
I didn't even think about people joining who didn't play the games. I should've, but I'm stupid so I didn't =~=''' Sorry bout that.

For future reference. You can find a list of all mega evolutions here.

Shortcake said:
I didn't even think about people joining who didn't play the games. I should've, but I'm stupid so I didn't =~=''' Sorry bout that.
For future reference. You can find a list of all mega evolutions here.
Cool. I mean I played several versions for maybe 20 minutes a piece. xD

So I was thinking of going for Mega Pidgeot as the flying type (that or Mewtwo being constantly aggravated by 'mother's' immaturity) problem is I haven't been able to find a mega evolution image to use, is that a problem?

Where does everyone else find theirs?

IG42 said:
So I was thinking of going for Mega Pidgeot as the flying type (that or Mewtwo being constantly aggravated by 'mother's' immaturity) problem is I haven't been able to find a mega evolution image to use, is that a problem?
I just literally googled Mew Gijinka and Raichu Gijinka. And I tottally approve of you making Mewtwo d:

Mitchs98 said:
I just literally googled Mew Gijinka and Raichu Gijinka. And I tottally approve of you making Mewtwo d:
"Mother get off that windmill please! This is serious the world is going to end...again!"

i find my gijinka on pixiv! I have a premium account there so I literally just search pokemon gijinka tags and sort by popularity/rating :'D

Last edited by a moderator:
monopoisoner said:
i find my gijinka on pixiv! I have a premium account there so I literally just search pokemon gijinka tags and sort by popularity/rating :'D
Excuse me while I hack and summarily ninja loot your account for all my picture finding needs d:

IG42 said:
I'm sorry for getting back to you a bit late, though it seems that the other wonderful players of this rp have already answered your question!

If you are still unsure, however, I shall do the best of my extent to answer anyways.

In terms of face claims there are definitely many options out there; in terms of good databases and bad databases revolves around what kind of rp you're joining, and whether the creator prefers cartoonistic or realistic face claims. In this roleplay, a substantial choice to search would be zerochan as it is a well-known anime image database with around 1.5 M top-quality images to search from. However, due to copyright issues, zerochan has figured out a way to prohibit image embedding with a direct link to one of their pictures, and instead requires that the images be downloaded before uploaded to another site. I find that the upload a file tool doesn't work very well, so I suggest doing an image search if you find a picture on zerochan that suits your tastes, in order to find one that you are actually able to embed.

Another great choice is deviantart, another huge database for all sorts of images. Devianart is actually bigger and more well known than zerochan, for over 65 M artworks are uploaded to deviantart daily. The only problem with deviantart is that sometimes the artwork is low quality or inappropriate or just plain weird. Similar to Reddit 50/50.

Tumblr and Pinterest are also good choices except they both require sign up in order to access the entire site.

Otherwise Googling can also typically be helpful. I've never heard of pixiv until now, but from what I can tell it seems like an excellent choice as well.

@Shortcake

Fair warning! Tag searching is Japanese, and without a premium account, you can't sort by popularity.

It's worse than dA if you go through the bottom recesses lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back