• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐š๐šŽ | ๐š’๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š”

oliver

count the seconds
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

• intro

your sickness

pinback

overview.

S
    eptember 3rd, 2025. Itโ€™s been exactly 6 months since the end of the world. Society sunk into a pit of chaos, blood, and death after a deadly virus called FHM began to knock out the population through its ability to reanimate cannibalistic corpses. Where did the sickness come from? The animal kingdom? Nefarious aliens? Humans themselves? No one is sure where, why, or how it all began. There are no certain answers, but the disease spread quickly and wiped out the majority of the population with no cure.

Governments did what they could, setting up quarantine zones where they could. Many people flocked to them, hoping for a cure. They can only work for so long. Losing control of the situation is almost too easy. One infected person can turn into five in a matter of seconds. Safety is hard to find.

Washington D.C. was a popular spot with several quarantine zones popping up. Unfortunately, they didnโ€™t last long before the virus infiltrated these safe spaces and spread mass destruction. Five months was the record. But, good things can be found in the ruins. A ragtag group of survivors managed to find each other. They share one goal: To survive.

Slowly, as the survivors began to settle into their roles, challenges revealed themselves. Where is the group headed? How strong is their loyalty to one another? And finally, the most complicated situation yet: What are they supposed to do when they come across another stranger?

--

Howdy, I'm Oliver! I've had a craving for a zombie apocalypse roleplay so here we are. Right now I don't have any plans to make a proper lore thread and instead I'll post anything important in the Discord that will be made in the future once people have been accepted. With that said, if you're curious about what kind of zombies I'm going for, they're probably going to be a combination between the ones from The Walking Dead and 28 Days Later.

Make sure you take a look at the roles and rules. If you have any questions, drop those here or more preferably, in the ooc thread (which may or may not be made by the time you're reading this). Thanks!

intro

roles

rules

our vestige

no sanctum

genre

survival, horror

status

accepting

spots open

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

INTRO
September 3rd, 2025. Itโ€™s been exactly 6 months since the end of the world. Society sunk into a pit of chaos, blood, and death after a deadly virus called FHM began to knock out the population through its ability to reanimate cannibalistic corpses. Where did the sickness come from? The animal kingdom? Nefarious aliens? Humans themselves? No one is sure where, why, or how it all began. There are no certain answers, but the disease spread quickly and wiped out the majority of the population with no cure.

Governments did what they could, setting up quarantine zones where they could. Many people flocked to them, hoping for a cure. They can only work for so long. Losing control of the situation is almost too easy. One infected person can turn into five in a matter of seconds. Safety is hard to find.

Washington D.C. was a popular spot with several quarantine zones popping up. Unfortunately, they didnโ€™t last long before the virus infiltrated these safe spaces and spread mass destruction. Five months was the record. But, good things can be found in the ruins. A ragtag group of survivors managed to find each other. They share one goal: To survive.

Slowly, as the survivors began to settle into their roles, challenges revealed themselves. Where is the group headed? How strong is their loyalty to one another? And finally, the most complicated situation yet: What are they supposed to do when they come across another stranger?

--

Howdy, I'm Oliver! I've had a craving for a zombie apocalypse roleplay so here we are. Right now I don't have any plans to make a proper lore thread and instead I'll post anything important in the Discord that will be made in the future once people have been accepted. With that said, if you're curious about what kind of zombies I'm going for, they're probably going to be a combination between the ones from The Walking Dead and 28 Days Later.

Make sure you take a look at the roles and rules. If you have any questions, drop those here or more preferably, in the ooc thread (which may or may not be made by the time you're reading this). Thanks!
--

ROLES
The Leader
While everyone may have to work on group decisions, the leader has the final say. Maybe they wanted this position, or they naturally fell into it. Regardless, theyโ€™re in charge of keeping the peace and making sure things donโ€™t fall apart. People tend to look to them to disperse information, give answers, and inspire hope. The price of being in charge is a hefty weight on their shoulders. How close are they to crumbling?

The Advisor
Intelligence equals good advice, doesnโ€™t it? As the unofficial second-in-command, the advisor has a surprising amount of responsibility. They are smart or at least knows how to act like it. People are comforted by them and rely on them for guidance. In addition, they play a huge role when it comes to planning the groupโ€™s next move. Itโ€™s not as easy as it looks.

The Medic
Whether or not they were an amateur or expert in medicine before, the skills that come with being a medic are critical. Anything is better than nothing. Theyโ€™re in charge of most of the supplies and lead the rest of the group when there is an emergency. Itโ€™d suck if they were the one to get hurt.

The Brawn
Strength in mentality as well as physically is a necessity in the apocalypse. The brawn can be counted on for heavy lifting and defense when it comes down to it. Theyโ€™re likely a protector at heart. But, once they go down, what does that mean for the rest of the group? They hope it doesnโ€™t come to that.

The Scout
The other side of the groupโ€™s protection is the scout. They survey new areas first and are in charge of patrols. The scout is likely reliable and cautious yet very brave. It takes a remarkable tenacity and skillset to do the scoutโ€™s job properly. They definitely deserve more credit than theyโ€™re used to getting.

The Scavenger
Supplies are the backbone of survival. The scavenger is an expert in finding food, medicine, and weapons, among other essential items. Perhaps they even have knowledge in things like foraging. Theyโ€™re likely crafty and vigilant. One of their jobs is to make sure rations are distributed fairly and make a hungry cohortโ€™s day.

The Newcomer
They don't have a particular place in the group yet. There is a lot of mystery surrounding this unknown person, causing some tensions. Maybe they're eager to sell themselves using their past or maybe they'd prefer to forget it. Whatever the case, they're newest job is to get the rest of the survivors to like and accept them. Or not. There's something freeing about being alone. But, isn't it nice to see a lively face?
--

RULES
1.) This group will be for advanced roleplayers only. Good grammar, punctuation, and syntax are necessary. In addition, posts are expected to be at least 400+ words or at least a couple of paragraphs. If you cannot confidently and comfortable comply to these expectations, this roleplay probably isn't for you.

2.) Discord is necessary for out of character chatting and planning. The actual roleplay will take place on RPN, but all of the out of character discussion and planning will take place in a Discord server. The link to this server will be sent out to those who are accepted into the roleplay.

3.) Speaking of, this roleplay is application-based and NOT first-come, first-serve. Eventually, a deadline for character sheets will be set and the accepted people will be sent the Discord server link in a PM.

4.) This isn't so much as rule as it is a note. A maximum of around 10 people will be accepted. You'll notice there are only 7 roles, however. I am open to doubles on most if not all of the roles. Filling all 7 roles takes priority, but having two characters with one role is acceptable. Also, everyone should only submit one character. People that are accepted may have a chance to make a second character depending on how many people are accepting.

5.) Face claims for characters should be realistic. Anime face claims/stolen art won't be accepted.

6.) Once the roleplay begins, please be able to post at least once a week. Real life will always take priority and I plan on keeping this somewhat casual, but this is to keep things moving along. After everyone posts once, I'll allow people to post again after every couple of responses depending on how many people end up in the group.

7.) For maturity and comfort's sake, please be 18+ when applying.

Last edited:
yesssssss ur mind ๐Ÿคฉ

Character sheets will be due Thursday, June 3rd, probably around 12pm est! So, if you want to apply, post something by then!

Very interested oliver oliver ! And I am assuming itโ€™s not first come first served? But rather, which CS stands out the best that can fit/play the role?

Very interested oliver oliver ! And I am assuming itโ€™s not first come first served? But rather, which CS stands out the best that can fit/play the role?
Yeah I've explained it before in my rules. This roleplay is application based, so character sheets act as the application. But, I am willing to accept up to 9 people so I may allowing two people to share a role since there are only 7 roles. But honestly, if someone has an idea for a role not there, I'd potentially be interested in that/allow that as well!

Hey! oliver oliver I'm interested in applying if it is still possible? Most likely gonna apply for a Scavenger.

(Sorry, I don't think I might have time to get this done after all, something cropped up.)

Last edited:
Hey! oliver oliver I'm interested in applying if it is still possible? Most likely gonna apply for a Scavenger.
Go for it, no need to ask! As long as you get something up by Thursday you'll be considered! That's when the final cast will be decided for sure.

last minute bump to anyone who might still be interested in applying! character sheets are due tomorrow, but i'm also open to giving extensions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back