• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Our Bizarre Adventure

SubstituteHero

Enemy Stand User
With the ending of the anime, I feel a deep sense of loss over new Jojo content (at least until Eyes of Heaven comes out...). And I would like to help repair that with an rp that uses the themes of Jojo, if not the setting itself. I happen to have a love of the series more than any other, if you couldn't tell.

For this, I would love to hear your opinions on what the rp should contain. Should we stick to Jojo, or just go for something like it? I admit that I have a weakness for Stands, so I may shoot for something like them no matter what I decide upon.

Do you not know what Jojo is? Well, I'd be glad to talk to you as well, maybe get some ideas stirring around.

Just starting part 6 now. So far part 4 is my favorite. Kira is almost DIO level in terms of badassery. I think it'd definitely make a playable rp. If it doesn't generate enough interest mayhaps you could throw some Persona elements in. They have similar mechanics, but I think Persona is a more recognizable name. I've met more Persona fans than Jojo fans.

Oh, that's awesome. I have to say that Steel Ball Run and now Jojolion have been my favorite, so no spoilers, but DIO will ruin everything across all of time and space until the end of The World. Man, that anime finale, though...

That said, I think you're correct. How could Stands be presented in a recognizable and fun to play fashion? Also, the plot is what will really matter here, I think. Any thoughts on that matter? I think shifting the focus to high schoolers would have the most appeal on the site, all things considered, and based on discussions I've had with other members, academies and other single locations that allow for stationary interaction are pretty popular.

Don't SBR and Jojolion take place in an alternate universe from the previous parts? If so I think an rp in a universe separate from the others would be a good idea.

Yeah, though it resembles Earth with a few timeline differences. That makes sense, though I think it should either be something recognizably like our modern world for the sake of ease, or something fantastical so that it draws more attention and imagination. It should have a feeling like part 4 and Persona, I feel.

Of course, it's a challenge to do something that mixes deep themes and nuanced plots with inhuman drama, but I'd love an original plot that gives the feeling of a Jojo plotline. Hard to think one up, but I'll throw out some ideas in a second. Do you have any to post up?

(First Idea) Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Road to Eternity

It is a common idea in literature that everything happens for a reason. Evil people are allowed to rise because a hero must rise to meet them. Disasters occur to bring together a community. Sadly, our world does not always work like that. Sometimes, people kill and people die simply because nothing was done to stop them.

Sometimes, people beyond our understanding simply are allowed to kill. Such seems to be the case of a series of deaths in the far reaches of Europe beyond modern technology. What was initially assumed to be the work of a large-scale virus or unseen natural disaster is now thought to be the work of a single individual. Just one man or woman who possesses the power to decimate a small village almost overnight. Of course, nothing else is known about this terrifying individualt or if he or she is even real. With such a vague idea of what is happening, it requires a team of unusual experts to solve the problem.

Fortunately, this team has been assembled. These individuals have been selected because of their own mysterious abilities. Inborn psychic powers called a "Stand" that range from manifestations of aura to phantom objects that appear on a whim; the powers possessed by the team are unique to them as "Stand Users". This team has been mobilized to the site of the supposed murders, hoping to learn more about the entity responsible.

[[This is an extremely rough version of the idea, which can be adapted to fit something broader than a Stand. It's supposed to reflect the idea of horror/mystery/action that the series establishes.]]

I like it. OP vilain with a vague idea of their power. Fits Jojo pretty well. When you say a team I get the feeling of a group that knows their Stands quite well. I think it could work, but I also think that instead of a team maybe it should be one or two people with a good knowledge of Stands as well as the situation heading to do recruiting. Since Jojo tends to have characters that are just roped into the fight.

It would be fun to handle it that way, though we'd have to be convincing people to wait through the adventure to have such a possibility. And the group would be a Speedwagon-hired team of investigators who are either Stand Users or possess a natural talent that allows them to surpass human ability (think Ripple training or the planning capability of Joseph).

As I see it, it would be best to see the rp start midway through the investigation, arriving in a carriage in a town in the vague European nation. They would have already gathered interesting people and begun the fight, spending as much time as desired in a single location against NPC enemies and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back