• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Otherworld: When Two Worlds Collide (OOC Plot Discussion )

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

MirMonster13

"..And they loved with a love that was more..."
Okay, here we go again :D

Alright so this is the page for OOC, plot ideas, questions and anything else that needs to be discussed for this RP. This RP is still currently under construction, as you can see by now (lol), but I'm hoping to get it up and going soon! Thank You all for your patience :) !!

Last edited:
My questions stay same. how long has it been since the first collision? How about the status quo of things? What kind of world does the other side is?

Alright, so in response for the First question: it has been over 2 thousand millenniums since the first collision between the Human world and the Other World. Of course there have been wars/ battles along the years but nothing like the first war that cause the glamour wall to be put in place.
Second Question: The status quo is..is that it is in chaos, well, mostly for the Other World. Only about 15%-20% of Earths Humans are aware of the Other World so most of them are oblivious to the glamour wall, between the worlds, collapsing. The Humans that do know about the glamour wall are unsure of what to do same as the Being in the Other world. It has been so long that everyone, who is aware of what is happening, doesn't know what to do.
That's basically what this is about, is certain Humans/ Beings are 'Awakened' in a sense and they will be the ones who will have the Wisdom and power to know what to do. Some want to keep the glamour wall, some want to destroy it altogether, and other's want to just repair the Rifts that are already open and leave it as is.
Third Question: Is there anyway you can reword it for me, hehe, I am confused by the question..

Hmm, please describe the Other World is compared to earth. Also, you put android in the race section so I'm wondering if the Other World is something like the world of League of Legend where gunslinger, automaton and holy knight exist in the same place.

So the Other World is a place that resides within the Human one. They literally live amongst the Humans but, since there is a glamour wall, they can't see each other or interact with one another (unless they have the sight to see through the glamour). For instance, there is a...book store like Barnes and Noble and they usually have about two floors (in the Human realm) but in the Other World, that book store can have extra floors and or rooms added where Other World beings would be 'hanging out' and what not. (if that doesn't make sense I can try to explain a little better, I'm still trying to get it out of my head and into words in front of me lol)

As for the androids, yes, it can be like LOL or the androids that are in DBZ. :)

So they exist in the same earth but different plane of existence, and they can't interact with each other unless they're awakened.

The bookstore example raised some more question though, does this mean the Other World's infrastructure is built on top of human's creation or it's actually a different landscape altogether. If say, there's McDonald built on a plot of land in real earth, does this mean the McDonald also exist in the Other World or there can be something else there, like a corn field?

That is correcto-mundo.

( xD )
So yes.. The Otherworld's infrastructure is built within and on top of the Human's creations/ realm. Now the McD's that was built by the Humans in their realm does appear as a building in the Otherworld as well and it's up to the occupant (in the Otherworld Realm) to decide what they want that building to become. They can keep it as a fast food restaurant or they can make it into something else, but , they cannot change the architecture of the outside or inside of the building. Now if the Beings in the Otherworld happen to build something, it is automatically masked within the glamour wall inside their world. in the Human realm, the building would be made to look unapproachable as to ensure Humans would not enter (again, that is only if they don't have the sight)

How many players do you intend to have? I worry if there are going to be too many other players, Making content for people will become a chore, I should know I've hosted stories that get 10+ players and it's hard to handle everyone.

If you intend to allow an army into the story, I will have to rescind my interest. Only because I don't want to commit to a story where there are so many people to interact with as it usually starts with people trying to get people to interact with them and nothing happens. They usually feel left out.

If it would make everyone feel more comfortable I can put a limit? I honestly didn't/ don't expect a large amount of people to join to where it would be too confusing and hard to maintain

If it would make everyone feel more comfortable I can put a limit? I honestly didn't/ don't expect a large amount of people to join to where it would be too confusing and hard to maintain
I was asking how many players did you intend on having. I dont wanna force you to make a limit, did you ever plan on making a limit is all I'm asking.

That is correcto-mundo.

( xD )
So yes.. The Otherworld's infrastructure is built within and on top of the Human's creations/ realm. Now the McD's that was built by the Humans in their realm does appear as a building in the Otherworld as well and it's up to the occupant (in the Otherworld Realm) to decide what they want that building to become. They can keep it as a fast food restaurant or they can make it into something else, but , they cannot change the architecture of the outside or inside of the building. Now if the Beings in the Otherworld happen to build something, it is automatically masked within the glamour wall inside their world. in the Human realm, the building would be made to look unapproachable as to ensure Humans would not enter (again, that is only if they don't have the sight)
Ah, I see. It's more of a paranormal urban fantasy rather than GATE-style world clash that I was thinking of. Not a bad mix, but not my current cup of tea. I will leave but good luck with the RP!

You asked and I gave an honest answer, I guess if it had to be a round about number then it would be no more than 13 players I guess.

And thank you Ace Cream Ace Cream I appreciate the candor :)

All is good ^^
What you've described above is similar to what I had in my head, but you explaining it like this helps solidify everything. So that's appreciated.

Based on the second character I made, the dragon, I wanted to establish a large community of dragons in the Otherworld. However, since you need to be awakened to see human things and I've established that my character is in the same human school as Riah, I guess that would mean he exists between planes in a way that other dragons don't? The real question, I guess, is how many awakened people are there? You said there weren't many, but is it possible that a whole family could be awakened, or is it more of a random one in a thousand/million people type thing?

:) Good question Mianigh Mianigh , yes it is possible for a whole family, but very rare and definitely understandable if it's a family of dragons since dragons have been alive for almost as long as the earth itself.

Awesome ^^

Then the next thing I'd like to introduce is that there is only one unicorn in existence. He's not immortal because he can be killed, but he is a unique being. Also, to introduce a villain, there is an anti-unicorn, a black horse with evil intent. That person can be an NPC or a player character if anybody is interested in adopting them. Just to kick-start the RP, the anti-unicorn character can be used to start some chaos and destroy some relationships.
Is that okay by you, MirMonster13 MirMonster13 ?

Hey MirMonster13 MirMonster13 based on what you've mentioned regarding the potential player count and my overall poor understanding of what this is going to be, I will be rescinding my interest for your story. Best of luck and have fun!

Well thank you Asobi Spirit Asobi Spirit
I appreciate the interest and hope in the future, once the construction of the actual Lore is complete, and if there isn't too many people, you reconsider and might reconsider :)

Ok ok so for the cult stuff.

Their magic is potentially available to all cult members but only a number are able to use it, particularly the preachers. They must go through an extremely painful ordeal to get a devil's tongue which allows them to instantly learn the indecipherable context of the incantations. They can also allow a user to speak to others that may sound like gibberish to the rest which is how they preach to the weak and needy only without inciting agitation.

Also magic for them is only available through Artifacts which are crafted from the materials of the other world. You will always need at least one of them to cast a spell unless of course you etch it into your being which only the hard core fans do. Why?

Not only is it painful, you also sew a part of the beasts soul from the material you crafted the Artifact with, causing major bipolar and oft insanity.

CystalChompound CystalChompound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back