• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Other Worlds Than These [For Those Whose Favorite Characters Have Died!]

One Last Dawn

Last Chance Knight
Did you ever find yourself sucked into a fandom, hopelessly attached to one or more wonderful characters, only to have them killed off? Well, then this plot idea might be right up your alley my heartbroken friend! First things first, if you would like to know a little about me and my preferences, please take a look at my most recent search thread.

Without wasting any more of your time, here is my plot idea for all those lost souls in the multiverse:

Other Worlds Than These: [Modern to Future; Sci-Fi/Fantasy; Adventure/Action/Romance(?)] -- All worlds exist as spokes and spindles supporting the structure of a vast multiverse. Most, if not all, works of fiction are simply echoes of different worlds as heard by those sensitive to the "Song of the Loom". Some worlds are more important to the grand structure of the multiverse than others. These so-called "Arch Worlds" tend to be the more stable worlds, those with strict laws of space and time like our own. At the center of everything exists The Beam, the structure which upholds existence as we know it and keeps it all from falling into the roiling chaos between worlds. The Beam itself is upheld by the Arch Worlds, which in turn allows all others to keep existing. There are, however, forces that would see The Beam collapsed and all that exists undone. These nefarious entities operate through a combination of horrible monsters from the Void--the space between worlds--and agents living among the populations of countless worlds. For innumerable years the forces of of what one might consider fate have been at odds with the forces of the Void, but it seems that entropy is catching up. One of a handful of remaining Arch Worlds is at risk. Should it fall, the remaining Arch Worlds will not be able to prop up The Beam on their own. In time they will degrade and collapse, a slow but inevitable death sentence for all creation. This besieged Arch World, a world just like our own and just as mundane, is beginning to see the effects of alien forces at work. The ways of the world no longer function as they should, and that which we might call "mystical" or "supernatural" has become more and more frequent. It is through this exact degradation of reality that The Loom, what we call fate, can set events in motion to prevent destruction of The Beam. Death is but a gateway allowing souls to pass from one world to the next, but sometimes the transition is less fluid--more the difference between death and rapture. The Loom is giving a second chance to a select few individuals who met their demise too early. Some may have sacrificed themselves to save others. Some may have perished having failed in their quests. Some may have met the end before their chance at redemption. For whatever reason, the Loom has chosen them as champions against the Void. With the help of a guide set in their path by the machinations of fate, the potential heroes (or reformed villains) just might live to make use of their second chance--provided, of course, they can overcome the monsters, fanatics, and other chosen of the Void.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from you. Please, send me a PM with your ideas! This plot can go in so many different directions, I would love to discuss them all; lot's of room for world building and partner collaboration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back