• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Original World of Demon Slayer rp? (original story, ocxoc, ocxcannon... I'm kind of open!)

Faydflowright

A Wild Fay Has Appeared!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! So I've been binging Demon Slayer lately and man I love the world so much! I would love to explore it some more if anyone else is interested in wanting to be a little creative with world building and creative storytelling!

ideas:

1) Same world... but different parts of it
I know I haven't finished the series yet, and I get that Muzan is the main baddy/cause of the demon problems, but really the demons are just vampires with a twist! It could be interesting to play up the vampire/brothers grimm kind of idea. Like have some members of a Demon Corps. working with some sort of western company that's similar... but it's dealing with vampire like monsters. IE just 1920s Europe or USA and just have some creative freedom. Cannon x oc would work well with this, OC Demon Corps character x OC... (I'm a sucker for Kyojuro rip so him living and playing vampire hunter is a novel idea LOL!)

2) OC Demon Corp characters
Basically, what is another chaotic group doing? Could be a fun small group rp?

3) "A few years later"
Okay, hear me out. As a little bit of a history lover and it still boggling my mind that Japan loves to avoid anything WW2 related on their end (maybe it's the USA inside of me where we love pointing at our problems and being like YO WE MESSED UP)... ngl I kind of am curious to know how these characters would be in WW2 era. Granted this probably would be more of a thought experiment than a RP though LOL!! Like seriously, you went to hell and back with demon slaying and then a few years later WW2 breaks out.............

These are just the random ideas I have, but #1 is really what I'm interested in. I do understand that the series is technically over so there is an ending, so think of something like this as just pure good ol fan fiction or the anime original movie haha!

In my opinion the third scenario to be like a conspiracy in which a new demon king has infiltrated the Japanese goverment and would be the reason why they join forces with a certain German dictator who would be facinated with the occult and want to use demons as weapons. The new Kizuki( which would kinda be like the Hydra organisation from the Marvel comics,but with demons) would outlaw the demon Slayer corps( who were not regonised by the goverment would fight the new threats from the shadows while avoiding conflict with the two waring factions.

What do you think?

oh my goodness what a great idea! :O I could see lots of fun with that kind of setting... especially if they travel globally.

oh my goodness what a great idea! :O I could see lots of fun with that kind of setting... especially if they travel globally.
Traveling globally while being careful as they would now be fugitives and most wanted on both waring sides,though they would be helped by Demon slayer fractions from around the world who all want to stop the new demon king(s) from taking over the world and stopping the global war they are using for their plans.
What year would it take place?

Traveling globally while being careful as they would now be fugitives and most wanted on both waring sides,though they would be helped by Demon slayer fractions from around the world who all want to stop the new demon king(s) from taking over the world and stopping the global war they are using for their plans.
What year would it take place?
Humm... I guess, does it depend if the idea of a global demon slayer group is a new thing or not. Like if it's a result of tests gone wrong and the japan demon slayers now have to train up a global team to fight monsters in other parts of the world. Or if it's revealed that there's always been other slayers in the world.

If going with the idea that there's always been other slayers, it could be really fun to have a samurai fighting with a knight. Like for example a european division are trained like the knights templar, another with a viking emphasis, cowboy gunslingers, etc. Cuz then the story could be parallel to WWII. I could see a scene of being too late to stop the atomic bombings cuz they were fighting demons kind of thing?

If going with them being a jumping off point, could have a little fun with next gen warrior making. A little captain america mixed with young avengers kind of feel with a middle of WWII setting?

Humm... I guess, does it depend if the idea of a global demon slayer group is a new thing or not. Like if it's a result of tests gone wrong and the japan demon slayers now have to train up a global team to fight monsters in other parts of the world. Or if it's revealed that there's always been other slayers in the world.

If going with the idea that there's always been other slayers, it could be really fun to have a samurai fighting with a knight. Like for example a european division are trained like the knights templar, another with a viking emphasis, cowboy gunslingers, etc. Cuz then the story could be parallel to WWII. I could see a scene of being too late to stop the atomic bombings cuz they were fighting demons kind of thing?

If going with them being a jumping off point, could have a little fun with next gen warrior making. A little captain america mixed with young avengers kind of feel with a middle of WWII setting?
The revelation of other Slayer divisions sounds good to me. :) I also like the scene you suggested( being too late to stop the atomic bombings due to fighting demons.)

The revelation of other Slayer divisions sounds good to me. :) I also like the scene you suggested( being too late to stop the atomic bombings due to fighting demons.)
:D that sounds fun! Now the question is... would you like to do a 1x1 or open for a small group? I'm open for either!

Are you thinking of any specific characters too btw? Or want to keep exploring the world a bit?

:D that sounds fun! Now the question is... would you like to do a 1x1 or open for a small group? I'm open for either!

Are you thinking of any specific characters too btw? Or want to keep exploring the world a bit?
I'm also open for either.
By specific characters you mean the canon characters but older? I'm open to that as well.

I'm also open for either.
By specific characters you mean the canon characters but older? I'm open to that as well.
Correct :) Well, if you're open... maybe I'll go ahead and create an OOC discord and plan a small group search 🤔 It could be a bit fun to have a few more people to play characters original and cannon/aged up.

Correct :) Well, if you're open... maybe I'll go ahead and create an OOC discord and plan a small group search 🤔 It could be a bit fun to have a few more people to play characters original and cannon/aged up.
I Don't go to Discord anymore, but on my part wecan discussion in DMs here.
Can I claim Zenitsu? How old should he be in the RP and he and Nezuko have children in that timeline?

Will Tanjiro, Sanemi and Giyu still be alive as they all have the Demon slayer mark( thoughYoirichii had it and lived until his 80's)

I Don't go to Discord anymore, but on my part wecan discussion in DMs here.
Can I claim Zenitsu? How old should he be in the RP and he and Nezuko have children in that timeline?

Will Tanjiro, Sanemi and Giyu still be alive as they all have the Demon slayer mark( thoughYoirichii had it and lived until his 80's)

Oh yess go ahead! And I would say completely up to you! >:) have fun with what he's been doing since the series! Maybe the whole family is running around the world? haha

I'll tag you in the new post when I get it up!

Okay NGL
No problem!
okay ngl I kind of almost think I want to write a character who deals with a lot of arthritis 😂 been hit a few too many times lol! What are you thinking with Zenitsu btw? Family man? Traveling the world doting on his wife and kids? :)

Oh, I also tagged you in the other post btw!

Okay NGL
okay ngl I kind of almost think I want to write a character who deals with a lot of arthritis 😂 been hit a few too many times lol! What are you thinking with Zenitsu btw? Family man? Traveling the world doting on his wife and kids? :)

Oh, I also tagged you in the other post btw!
He's gonna be a 32 year olf family man alright. He's gonna travel with his wife and kids. I was thinking that the news about the war and demons involved would make him anxious. I mean he was finally living a peaceful life with his wife,kids,brother in law and friend for 17 years.
Thanks for the tag! :)

He's gonna be a 32 year olf family man alright. He's gonna travel with his wife and kids. I was thinking that the news about the war and demons involved would make him anxious. I mean he was finally living a peaceful life with his wife,kids,brother in law and friend for 17 years.
Thanks for the tag! :)

Darn I haven't seen any interest yet! I'll bump the thread again, buuut I'm open to just start writing too.

So starting with Zenitsu as a base what could be more interesting?
- Some demon using a dream blood art Professor Xavior style to try to connect with those supernaturally inclined all across the world? (ie demons and demon slayers?) Or maybe just Nezuko since she had a connection once upon a time?
- Some teleportation/worm hole kind of thing where maybe someone is trying to unlock a stronger power, it fails though and poor Zenitsu finds himself a million miles away from home?
- One of the kids of the main cast goes missing, which causes the characters to go into action and uncovers that the kid found out about the global slayers. Basically gotta go find/rescue kid kind of plot. Brownie points for the generational debate of leaving things be and helping others 😂

Idk I'm just spitballing! Do you like any of those or have any other ideas?

Darn I haven't seen any interest yet! I'll bump the thread again, buuut I'm open to just start writing too.

So starting with Zenitsu as a base what could be more interesting?
- Some demon using a dream blood art Professor Xavior style to try to connect with those supernaturally inclined all across the world? (ie demons and demon slayers?) Or maybe just Nezuko since she had a connection once upon a time?
- Some teleportation/worm hole kind of thing where maybe someone is trying to unlock a stronger power, it fails though and poor Zenitsu finds himself a million miles away from home?
- One of the kids of the main cast goes missing, which causes the characters to go into action and uncovers that the kid found out about the global slayers. Basically gotta go find/rescue kid kind of plot. Brownie points for the generational debate of leaving things be and helping others 😂

Idk I'm just spitballing! Do you like any of those or have any other ideas?
The second option sounds good. I was thinking before this happens,soldiers( including demon ones) invade the Kamado household or the nearby village and the heroes flee only to be saved by being teleported to another area.
We can have this RP being a 1x1 as intended but accept other players if they want to join.

The second option sounds good. I was thinking before this happens,soldiers( including demon ones) invade the Kamado household or the nearby village and the heroes flee only to be saved by being teleported to another area.
We can have this RP being a 1x1 as intended but accept other players if they want to join.

yesss sounds great!
NGL, so I"m an illustrator, and part of my mind is like literally wanting to draw something 😂 The only thing in my mind currently is like Zenitsu tiredly walking home complaining about work and wanting to see his wife and kids, but then a split second as he's walking, the world warps and he sees a strange place of other people, but it's gone immediately when he takes the next step. He just thinks he's tired and goes home normal Zenitsu style 😂 then crap later happens hours/days later haha

Totally don't have to do that but now I'm in the mood to draw the guy 😂

btw it does make me wonder, do you want to go about this story as more as a normal rp? Or more like a co-write? Meaning, we kind of form the world and characters together and write just what feels right for the next part/chapter. Normal rp is of like you create a few characters, I create a few characters and they interact with each other :)

yesss sounds great!
NGL, so I"m an illustrator, and part of my mind is like literally wanting to draw something 😂 The only thing in my mind currently is like Zenitsu tiredly walking home complaining about work and wanting to see his wife and kids, but then a split second as he's walking, the world warps and he sees a strange place of other people, but it's gone immediately when he takes the next step. He just thinks he's tired and goes home normal Zenitsu style 😂 then crap later happens hours/days later haha

btw it does make me wonder, do you want to go about this story as more as a normal rp? Or more like a co-write? Meaning, we kind of form the world and characters together and write just what feels right for the next part/chapter. Normal rp is of like you create a few characters, I create a few characters and they interact with each other :)
Either of the ideas sounds good to me.
Since you want to do a drawing,here's a sheet I drew a few weeks ago,a concept of an older Thunder hashira Zenitsu.Sorry if my drawing skills are not the best.

Attachments

• 20230627_200635.jpg
    20230627_200635.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230627_200630.jpg
    20230627_200630.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 3
Either of the ideas sounds good to me.
Since you want to do a drawing,here's a sheet I drew a few weeks ago,a concept of an older Thunder hashira Zenitsu.Sorry if my drawing skills are not the best.
LOOOOOOOVE!! so good! :D

Literally no clue if this is even still something you might be interested in, noticed you had an ongoing conversation here, BUTTTTT, I’d kill for a good DS storyline right about now. 😅 Especially anything involving Kyojuro because my goodness the man needs love.

I’ve always found it to be a bit odd that there’s no real talk of other demons in this verse despite there being a huge push toward mythology. Maybe exploring something in the vein of discovery, that not every demon is exactly “bad” per se, and that what the corps has encountered has only been a small sampling of their kind. It could be fun to explore a bit of “what if”—say the Mugen arc ends with a snatch instead of a demise, and what would have been certain death is remedied by an encounter with these other demons who have been secretly looking for a way to turn war on their own, they just hadn’t found the right vehicle for change until that chance encounter.

If that sounds intriguing, please hit me up on discord cause I’m wayyyyy more likely to see a response there.

yesss sounds great!

When do we start the RP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back