• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Original Species

Vaila

Cybernetic Princess.
Original Species

There were four original supernatural families in the beginning. Each was human once, called upon by the Gods to protect the world from a demon attack.

The

Arel's

became shapeshifters, able to turn into the form of any animal or creature they desired.

The

Desin's

became vampires, fast and strong they were almost impossible to catch and even harder to kill.

The

Hart's

became fairies, able to use the powers of the earth, water and fire to fight their enemies.

The

Redick's

became the witches, casting spells to protect, injure or create.

But after the war was over, and the demons had retreated, the Gods asked for their powers back but the families refused. Their leaders liked the power they'd been given and they wouldn't give them up easily. They assumed that the Gods would come down from the heavens and take their powers back by force, but they were wrong. Instead the four families were cursed, allowed to keep their powers but with side effects and weaknesses. They were no longer as powerful as they once were, and the leaders grew angry with this.

• 5406079245_830b52e34e_z.jpg

• The shapeshifters' curse became known as the 'curse of the moon'. Like the legend of the werewolf, they were forced to take the shape of their spirit animal each full moon.
    • Although they can take the form of any animal with enough practice, it is the animal they most relate to that they are forced to take the shape of.
    • They are weakened by wolfsbane and silver.
    • Unlike when they were human, the shapeshifters are Immortal.
    • They can have children, but only with mortal creatures, such as humans or witches.
    • In order to become a shapeshifter you either have to be bitten by a shapeshifter or born.
    • If you are bitten, you are loyal to the shapeshifter who bit you.
    • They often travel in packs where the eldest shapeshifter is the leader.

Families Of the four original families, there are only 5 members left. Kiara Arel (shapeshifter), Samuel Desin (vampire), Bayley Hart (fairy), Kol Hart (fairy), Jace Hart (fairy).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kiara was hanging out behind the counter of her store. She'd rarely spent any time in it since the town had been founded in 1714 but she ran it as best she could. The people that lived in Natchitoches, Louisiana assumed that it had been owned by the Ryland family since then and passed down from father to son and mother to daughter. In actual fact, Kiara was the only one who had ever owned the small bakery. Selling all kinds of bread and baked goods, she made a steady profit. It wasn't quite the same as it had been when she'd bought it. Now she'd expanded, setting up a small coffee shop in the back and she even did celebratory cakes now.

But most of the time she'd sit behind the counter and wonder what her pack was up to. She'd been a shapeshifter since she was 17, and since then she'd been stuck in this form. She had long brown hair down to her waist in soft waves, and her eyes were a deep chocolate brown. Hidden behind a pair of thick, black framed glasses at the moment as she read a book, waiting for a customer. Her skin was tanned, as it always was, from her exposure to the sun. It was the one place she could go to be certain she was away from vampires. It wasn't that she didn't like them per-say.... but they weren't her favourite creature. Sighing, she stood and stretched, all 5ft 4in of her standing not much taller than she had been sitting on the high stool. She was wearing a simple white blouse that complimented her figure and a simple black flowing skirt.

It had taken her a while to get used to the idea of women wearing pants, and she still wasn't entirely comfortable wearing them herself, but she dealt with it when she needed to.

She scratched her neck gently as she heard the bell that rang everytime the door opened and she looked up with a slightly false, friendly smile. "Hello and welcome to Ryland Bakers, how can I help you today?" she asked as her eyes focussed on the person.

Oren had been travelling all around the United States for maybe a few years now. He would stop at some states, live there a few months and then hit the road again. Obviously, he would avoid cars of any sort. Often he would walk, walk, walk and sleep in the outdoors star gazing until red and blue lights could be seen and he had to run. That was his life and he loved it. He had many friends all around the country. New connections that he kept contact with via the only technology he actually owned. A cellphone. That was the only thing he permitted himself to buy for himself since the industrial era. Well, anything very technological since he already owned a radio and a small scooter.... That was about it with clothes.

Oren finally finished visiting New Orleans. Despite it being a city, it wasn't as bad as he thought. Not over exaggerated polluted like New York, which he forbade himself from going to again, or Boston. He could feel the pollution fill his lungs and kill him just by going there. Walking down the road, he walked in this really small and touristic city. It seemed nice enough so he decided, why not? Putting a roll of weed on his mouth, he didn't light it up tho. He walked in some bakery store to get a breakfast. '' Hello Mister!...or lady...'' Oren shouted happily but choked noticing the flat bored lady in front of him. '' My bad. Didn't notice them.'' he said smiling as he propped his elbows on the counter.

Kiara raised eyebrow and set her book down. "What can I get you today? Perhaps a lemon cupcake?" she asked with an amused smile, noting that he was a fairy almost immediately. Kiara's sense of smell was one of her best and Fairies had always had a lingering kind of sweet odor. She stared at him curiously with her deep chocolate eyes, assessing him. She felt like she knew him from somewhere but couldn't quite place him. Kiara wouldn't mention it though. She had a deep distrust of Fairies. She didn't hate them, but it had been a fairy that had killed one of her brothers, Eddard. The fairy in question had been, Kol Hart, one of the originals and had since fled to another dimension but she still longed to tear out his throat with her teeth. Even after a couple of thousand years.

Josef regained consciousness in a dank back alley of New Orleans. He could feel the energy from last nights hunt still running through his veins, could hear the howls to the moon as he tracked the human he had called his prey. He took no pride from the kill and indeed felt mostly guilt and shame at the girls death. He stood up, the raging pain in his head starting to end. He needed somewhere to drink. As he stumbled out of the alley he winced as the sun beat down and stung his skin. He much preferred the cover of night, at least then he could hide who he was. He knew he had a deposit box in one of the dumpsters near here. Scampering over to one of them he soon found the metal container he had played here to hold clothes for when he found himself unprotected in the city. He quickly pulled on jeans and a T-Shirt to make himself fit in with others. He looked like a teenager though he was hundreds of years old. Lastly he pulled on a baseball cap to hide his ears which didn't transform back properly and often closely resembled a wolf's.

Oren looked at Kiara with bored eyes. '' Shapeshifter. How interesting. '' He said holding her chin with his thumb and index. He could see by the color of her Aura that surrounded her. It was one of the few abilities he managed to develop over the years of meditation. With a snicker, he pulled back and looked at her straight in the eyes. '' I will take the lemon cupcake with a parisian baguette.'' he simply said.

Josef tensed as a familiar smell crossed his nose. As a half lying he had a very acute sense of smell, not as acute as the rest of his family but a acute none the less "fairy" he snarled, his teeth showing briefly. They weren't quite human, more fangs than teeth, razor sharp and curved, like those of a wolf. He looked around him cautiously. What if this was a trap. He had to move carefully. He backed away, blending into the shadows that the tall buildings provided him on either side and followed the strong smell that had presented itself to him. He didn't usually hunt during the day but for a fairy he could definitely make an exception. He flexed his hands as he approached a small, unfamiliar bakery. He pushed the door open and was presented with the scene in front of him. The fairy was the one at the counter, buying food. The other one smelled familiar but, once again, he couldn't put his finger (or claws) on why

Kiara snickered. "Definitely a halfling then," she murmured. "What's that like, I wonder?" she asked rhetorically as she handed him his items. "$3.50 for both," she said with a soft smile, still amused. "And if you touch me again, I can't guarantee you'll leave with both your hands." She looked up at Josef as he walked in and put on her fake smile. "Hello, welcome to Ryland Bakers what can I get for you today?" she asked, inhaling and immediately recognising him as a shapeshifter. Only he wasn't from her pack. Which meant he was either a rogue or new in town. And until he either decided to stick around or leave she would assume the former. Last thing they needed was for bodies to start popping up.

He studied her remaining silent before starting to look around, his dark eyes flashing across the room, quickly taking everything his gaze fell upon. He studied both the others in the bakery before slumping down in the corner of the room.

Bobby walked into the bakery, wearing a cowboy hat, jeans with boots, and a long sleeved shirt. He hated the cowboy persona, but it was the only one that was socially acceptable that allowed him to wear a bunch sun covering clothing. All Bobby had wanted was some dinner rolls for dinner tonight. He walked in expecting to see a friendly face and too just get the rolls. Instead he walked into four of the others and stopped. He assessed the situation fairly quickly, two shapeshifters, one fairy. Bobby stopped, he wanted to leave. But he really needed those dinner rolls. He walked all the way around the group toward the rolls in the store.

'' Oh Geez... Is this some kind of mythical meeting all of a sudden?'' Oren rhetorically said rolling his eyes. Tho, he didn't hesitate to pull out two of his favorite weapons. One golden cross and a silver gun with bullets. '' I swear. Anyone who comes near me will pay for it. I will not hesitate to kill you motherfuckers.'' he said calmly with a sly smile showing them his weapons as he pushed himself to the wall under the window. He wasn't scared. But, that shapeshifter before had that hungry look for Fairies and that chick only screamed WARNING! WARING! ANGRY CHIKA! and well now a vampire. He was the weakest so he will take advantage of his little toys.

Kiara growled. "Put those away," she said, trying to be patient. "I don't want to have to clean blood off of my floor." Patience wasn't one of her strong attributes but she had been making an effort recently. She had only just come back to Louisiana and she loved it here. It had been her home all those years ago, and she longed for the memories that it brought her though everything had changed in the last 3000 years.

------------

Alicia skidded in from the back, hearing the threat and looked around at the group. "Is everything ok in here?" she asked. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail away from her face and her blue eyes were scanning the room quickly before darting back to her maker. "It looks like we're a witch away from a party." She was wearing jeans and a navy blue top that were both covered in flour from the work she'd been doing. Kiara had accidentally bitten her one night during a full moon and since then Alicia's life had turned upside down. She'd had to leave her home in Florida and come here, not that there had been much to leave behind, but even so she had been angry at Kiara. For the first few years at least. But she had come to love the pack as her family.

He looked up as the guy pulled out his weapons, quietly willing for his hands to turn into claws. During the time that he'd spent alone he'd been able to control his powers slightly, able to monitor which part of his body changes during the day. Just never his ear. As the new girl stepped in he blushed and looked down. He wasn't used to being around this many people.

Robert grabbed the rolls he needed and walked back around, he stood away from the group and looked to the shapeshifters that seemed to work at the Bakery, "How much?" He frowned at the gold cross, "A cross? Really? You know its just the gold part that affects me." He stood behind a shelf to keep away from any action that may happen

"Go back inside Alicia," Kiara said in a soft voice. "I've got it covered." She turned back to Robert and placed her fake smile on her face. "$2.50. Was it just the rolls you wanted?" she asked, ringing them up on the machine. Her brown eyes assessed the vampire closely. She had nothing against his species, infact she had UV filter glass fitted into the shop windows so that vampires could sit inside and avoid suspicion. It was just fairies that she had a dislike for, and Oren wasn't making her change her mind.

----------------------

Alicia nodded, hearing her makers orders as she went into the back of the shop and began to make more bread. It was one of her favourite pastimes when she wasn't reading or exercising, and she couldn't help but wonder if she would have ended up in this kind of environment if she hadn't been bitten.

Oren nodded, '' It was cheaper than everything else. Don't look at me like I was stupid.'' He said giving a fake smile. This place was getting sickening at this point. He then glanced at the girl behind as he kept his protection in his hands. He had no idea who they were, except the cashier, and didn't want anything to do with this. '' So tell me... Is it just a fluke that I'm the only fairy who happens to be here surrounded by supernatural creatures by far stronger than me physically?'' he said giving his infamous sly smile. This wasn't very pleasant.

Stood up and walked to the counter suddenly. Closer up he looked more gaunt, pale and thin. His eyes unreadable "I would like to inquire about some stuff" he started tapping the counter, unused to this much human interaction "do you have a bed I could use?"

Kiara snorted. "You're in the birth-state of the founding families. I'd hardly call it a fluke. Plus everyone with half a brain knows that your kind don't really come here. They mostly stay in whatever dimension you fled too," she said as she glared at the fairy. "And didn't I tell you to put those away? They aren't stupid enough to attack you in here. Outside is a different matter. I'd stay inside next full moon." She turned to Josef and nodded. She gestured to the door behind her. "Alicia will help you out," she said simply and lifted part of the counter up for him to go through. She looked back at the fairy again and recognized him instantly. "You're Oren Rhys.... that damn fairy who was turned from a human nearly 550 years ago."

Sage walking through New Orlens, carrying her favorite book as she notices a small bakery and blinks slightly as she notices how many people there are in there and bites her lip slightly as she thinks about whether she should go in or not. Eventually she decided it couldn't be that bad and slowly pushed open the door, carefully hiding her powers in case they are something of a supernatural being. Putting her book behind her as she looks around at all the sweets, biting her lip as her eyes roam over all the sweets. "Hm..." she said softly to herself.

---

Isabelle currently working in a tea shop, sighing softly in delight as she makes a fresh pot of jasmine and chamomile tea. She glances up as she notices through the window of her shop that something is going on across the street over at the Bakery. "I wonder what's going on over there... Oh well... Hopefully nothing bad... They have good cookies over there.." she said before going to make a pot of apple spice and vanilla tea.

Josef went through the door she had indicated and went to the room Alicia was kneading her dough. He stood in the door, watching her work tiredly, his eyes fixed on the movement of her hands and how skilled she was at the work she was doing.

"How can I help you?" Alicia asked, not looking up from her work. She'd heard him come in but knew it wasn't Kiara. As Kiara was her maker, she was forever bonded with her which while annoying at times had come in handy over the last 20 years. She looked up and saw Josef, her blue eyes scanning him quickly. "Do your ears always do that?" she asked curiously.

'' Yes that's me billboard chest! I wondered if we knew each other? Tell me, where did you hear of this wonderful name I have the honor to have?'' he said since he was of the great ninja descent from Japan. Well, that was more of an inside joke since he didn't really care. Plus, he never lived in Japan. He was turned by someone he didn't even knew. As hell, he had no idea why he was turned honestly. He then saw the red headed girls and laughed. '' Oh geez,'' he didn't bother saying she was anything since the others probably wouldn't know she was like them. He simply knew by the Aura surrounding her. But just for extra precaution, since he was still half human and made mistakes, he put way his weapons.

He blushed a deep crimson "yeah...I don't know why...I have tried to get rid of them but I don't seem to be able to" he walked over to her table "I've been told you can help me find somewhere to sleep...I was up almost all night and I'm exhausted" he looked up at her briefly, his eyes scanned her face "do you always spend all your time back here"

Kiara growled. "I was hunting the person who turned you before he returned back to the other dimension. Kol Hart has been evading me for nearly a thousand years, but you distracted me and he got away," she growled out, ignoring the insulting name in favor of now having to leave.

------------------------

"Most of the time," she said wiping her hands on her jeans. They were covered in flour already so she figured that a little more wouldn't hurt. "There's a cot upstairs, but I should warn you. If you steal anything then my maker will hunt you down. So tell me about yourself. Born or bitten?" she asked as she led him to a small staircase in the back.

Robert went around the crazy fairy with the weapons and laid down three dollars, "Thanks... How much for two batches of Oatmeal Raisin cookies? Ive always heard such wonderful things about this place, Im choosing to ignore the crazy fairy." He shrugged and stepped away from the gold wielding loon. "Also do you make everything from scratch?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back