• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Origea region, come explore a completely new Pokémon region! (18+ closed for now!)

Yup, nobody has been accepted yet! Feel free to submit a character application and you'll be in the running when I decide on the final candidates.

I have a few questions though.

1. Is it possible to me to play a gym leader? If not can I play a character who wants to become a gym leader?

2. I am a shiny hunter lol, so I have a lot of shinies. Should we keep it to one shiny each, if any shinies at all? I know I would at least keep it fair and only add one of mine.

Sadly as this is a realized region there is already a total of 8 gym leaders in Origea. That being said I can't see why you wouldn't be able to play somebody with ambitions to become a gym leader. And depending on the type you're interested in I can even give you some sort of relationship (whether it be minor or major, whatever) to the existing leader of that type.

As for shiny hunters like yourself, yeah I think I did say keep it to one at max anyway. Maybe I was a bit ambiguous on that point. Unless your character is a shiny hunter and that's their entire motivation and occupation then keep to a one shiny limit. Honestly the more people who choose not to have a shiny the better really but I understand there will be those who just can't go without. Some of them are just too cool to miss out on you know?

Alright, I think I’d like to make a character who has ambitions to become a gym leader!

And yeah, I will keep it at one, if I were to add one. I think the shiny hunter ideas sounds interesting, but I don’t feel like going for this, this time around.

I'd rather not have people be that powerful at the jump for this roleplay. It was originally designed for beginner trainers and although I can alter it to accommodate those with more experience, mega evolution implies mastery. Our characters should definitely have room to grow for this or they'll just sweep through all adversity haha.

But there will be opportunities in the roleplay for you to obtain mega stones and achieve that goal.

Last edited:
I actually must resist joining. I hope your Pokemon role play is awesome, though.

I actually must resist joining. I hope your Pokemon role play is awesome, though.
Sorry to hear that Impressing, but thank you regardless!

For the rest of you, here's the character sheet thread! I'll also be adding this link to the original post here if you need to find it again.

Aquarin Aquarin Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread you two can go ahead and pop your characters in there whenever you're ready : )

I'm interested in this, working on a CS and should be done soon. Could I play a gym leader from another region, as I read you'd already sorted the ones in this region?

I'm interested in this, working on a CS and should be done soon. Could I play a gym leader from another region, as I read you'd already sorted the ones in this region?
Phenomenal! And I don't see why not, although it's important to note that I'm trying to make sure none of us are starting off too powerful here. So an early game style leader would be ideal, maybe somewhere around the third badge kind of mark?

I was thinking she's probably doing some soul searching, rather than having a full team with her, maybe taking some kinda sabbatical haha

Yeah that's probably the best way to slide a gym leader into this kind of story lol. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Feel free to pm me it whenever it's ready and we can go over it before adding it to the CS thread, just in case any final notes are needed haha.

I'm in! And I guess I use some bases from a Pokemon TTRPG that have been on my shared drive files for a while.

Are we sticking to the standard limit of 4 moves per pokemon? Or is there no limit ad long as it is within reason?

For the sake of balancing I like to limit a Pokémons move set to things they can learn by level up and then anything else will have to be learnt in the roleplay using a TM, tutor, or other similar method.

And as for the natural level up move set it should still make some sense for where we are in the roleplay. None of our Pokémon should be too experienced so they shouldn't really know any end game moves yet. Like if you had a garchomp (not that you would anyway, it wouldn't know outrage yet). Moves that a Pokémon can obviously use due to it's biology are okay though. Your flying types can probably use fly, or wing attack as long as they have wings.

I'll probably be looking to wrap things up and get started pretty soon, we've got enough characters to start now after all! That being said feel free to still submit something, as we take quality here above all else.

Is it still open to submitting, not sure if I can get something in by today but interested

Sorry to everybody waiting on a response from me, I had a cracking migraine yesterday and I've been pretty busy today. I've not died permanently!

I'll be announcing the final character selection either later today or tomorrow, but a big thanks to everyone who submitted something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back