• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Origea region, come explore a completely new Pokémon region! (18+ closed for now!)

Foster

Inheritor

Hello one and all, it's your boy Guzma Foster, back from a very lengthy hiatus.

Whilst I've been away from RPN I've been working other things, the biggest of which is a fan made Pokémon region for me to use as the basis for a DnD campaign I've been running for some mates. It's been going pretty well but as the DM I'm missing out on the chance to actually explore the region as a player. So... here we are! The perfect chance for me to double down on my resources and indulge in my favourite franchise.​

Pokemon DND base map (2).jpg

Origea (Orah-gee-ah) is thought to have once been at the center of the worlds landmasses before they split into separate pieces and became their own regions. As such it has an incredibly diverse population of Pokémon, and a variety of biomes that seems miscellaneous even by the standards of your average Pokémon region. We're talking rainforests rubbing shoulder to shoulder with tundras. Bit weird, but I assure you there is a lore reason behind that, you guys will just have to do some digging to discover all the secrets of this place. Where's the fun if I just tell you everything here? That being said there is one thing you should definitely all know about Origea, and that is that these lands were ravaged by a war between humans and Pokémon the likes of which has never been seen anywhere else in history. Psychic types suddenly rose up under the leadership of a mysterious figure that rallied them from across the region, driving them to fight back against the humans that sought to enslave Pokémon everywhere. The war was dark and bloody, with heavy casualties on both sides but it eventually came to an end roughly 30 years before the events of this roleplay. Obviously humanity came out on top but most of the survivors aren't that open about what they experienced. Again, it's the kind of thing you'll have to dig into to learn more about.

Anyway, enough about the past. Let's talk about the present. Trainers can come from all over the globe to Origea, as they have somewhat of a different policy when it comes to the gym challenge compared to other regions. Since the war they've been a bit more cautious about sending kids out into the world so it's an 18+ policy for trainers wondering alone. As for what your character will be, you don't have to restrict yourself to a simple gym challenger, the world is your oyster. There's a lot of room for scientists and researchers here in Origea, what with all the mysteries that can be found here. Feel free to discuss any ideas you have with me if you're unsure about how a character concept would fit in here!

As for players, I'm hoping for somewhere between 4-6 total (myself included). Hoping for a good mix of genders to keep things diverse, but feel free to apply regardless of the ratio because it ultimately doesn't matter that much. Other than that I ask for good grammar and at least 3+ paragraphs per post unless it's a truly impossible, like in rapid dialogue exchanges. I'll probably average about one post a week so I won't ask any more than that from you guys either, just let us know if real life gets in the way and you can't post for a bit.

When it comes to Pokémon specific stuff I do have a few conditions that I like to apply. Consider them house rules or whatever.

• Battles between players will be decided before they begin, and if you're struggling to decide who should come out on top then either flip a coin or get a mediator like myself.
  • Team building. This is a major bugbear of mine. Please try to be at least somewhat original here, I'm just so bored of playing alongside teams of pseudos, starters and Eevee evolved forms. I'm not saying you can't use any, I understand that these constitute many peoples favourite Pokémon, just show some restraint and don't go crazy with Pokémon from these categories. Who knows, I might even use one.
  • Shiny Pokémon. Shiny Pokémon are rare. Like really rare. This makes them kinda hard to dish out and regulate in a RP setting. My solution? If you've found a shiny Pokémon in a game you can use it's shiny form in this roleplay. Not counting event Pokémon. But still I'd rather you kept it to just one unless your character is a devoted shiny hunter and that's their driving motivation.

Going to wrap this up here for now as I'm in a bit of a rush! Feel free to drop your interest down below or hit me up with any questions you might have, I'm sure I've missed something haha. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Haha, that's why I doubled back and added the 'rather you kept it to just one' note. Just to prevent the shiny hunting madmen (it's me, I'm the shiny hunting madman) from abusing that rule.

Seriously shiny hunting is so easy in the new games that I went from having like 5 to about 5 PC boxes full in Sword and Shield. I know some people don't like that but if it means I can keep my pink Quagsire I'm chill with it 🤷

How do you feel about Alpha/Totem pokemon, though rather than being stronger in any form ts purely just their size being different?

There's a somewhat similar mechanic that can be found in Origea, although it's not something that would be available for any of us to capture under ordinary circumstances.

But as somebody who likes to take a semi realistic approach to the biology of Pokémon where I can there's plenty of wiggle room within the size and features of a species. You can certainly have a Pokémon that just happens to be on the large size for it's species. Or the small side. Have a little fun with it.

I may popa character in here if allowed. Would there be event battles as well?(perhaps decided by a dice roll or something?) I may try a baby gimmick (if it's not laughed off server that is)

Event battles? What do you mean by that in this context?

And you can certainly try a baby team gimmick, why not haha.

Oh yeah for sure. This is as much a story driven concept as it is adventure driven, there are hostile factions at play in Origea.

Dice rolls might come up, but I prefer to decide most things according to the needs of the story. If a big bad shows up and needs to be established as threatening they'll probably stomp somebody, even if it has to be my own OC just to get the point across lol.

Considering this was originally intended to be a DnD campaign there are a decent amount of enemies that fall under the "come back when you've leveled up" category, and that'll apply here as well for the sake of story. In short, respect things that seem like they might be strong, they likely are. You're not gonna have Ash Ketchum protagonist armour to win the fight.

Still, story first. Everybody loves an underdog winning. So like I said, results will be based on what the story needs I suppose.

Nope, but it won't require anything out of the ordinary so I can whip one up right now.

Name:
Sexuality:
Height:
Physical description (You can use a drawn or anime style ref if you prefer):
Clothing aesthetics:
Region of origin:
History:
Personality:

Partner Pokémon-
Name:
Species:
Personality:
Physical description (Anything out of the ordinary?):
Ability:

Pokémon-
Name:
Species:
Personality:
Physical description:
Ability:

(I'm not really looking for massively arced out trainers so preferably a team of 3 members of less would be great. There's plenty to catch in Origea so don't worry, you'll fill those team slots.)

No rush just yet friends! Maybe I should take another crack at this interest check, it's a bit messy/ low effort... put all my effort into creating the actual region haha.

The dedication to create a good region map alone should make this popular. Is there space for one more?

The dedication to create a good region map alone should make this popular. Is there space for one more?

Ah cheers mate! And certainly, no positions have been taken yet as this isn't a first come first serve sorta deal.

I'll simply be taking the best of the characters I'm given along for the ride.

Sounds like a cute idea! And as good as any motivation to ship out to a new region and get yourself embroiled in all kinda of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back