• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Oriens Academy [Phoenix Game]

"My my, it sounds as if you are experienced with this sort of problem, or perhaps you saw something of this sort first hand maybe?"

Kylier knew that if she had such insight to all this that there must be a reason for such a detailed answer

~~~~~

Azure woke up from his little spot in the tree he was resting in, feeling fine, and wondering where Kylier is to ask for some advice, and goes back to his room, only to stop at the sight of Lily, seeing her beating on the door, stunned trying to figure out exactly what she is, as he stares at her, unsettled by her form

-Is she... some sort of plant...?-

Vash was a bit worried when Taka didn't take his hand right away. Did he not want to be friends? . . . Was the heartbreak too much? But fortunately, the shifter introduced himself soon enough, making Vash smile wider. Vash pulled him close and patted him on the back, perhaps a little too hard. "Well, congratulations Taka! You are now my first friend. Well, not really. I mean Riff is nice and all, but he's a bit too uptight, especially when it comes to Mel. And don't get me started with her. She's more of a slave driver than a friend. And they never want to do the things I want to. They're really mean."

The demon turned to Taka with a bit of an embarrassed expression on his face. "By the way, do you know where room 140 is? I sort of got lost."

~~~~~

Riff thought over what Eric said for a bit. This was the Student Disciplinary Comittee's meeting room? But this was in the residential wing. Was that possible? Isn't it rude to kick someone out without introducing yourself? "Excuse me, but if this room were indeed reserved for this, wouldn't the people in the administration office know not to assign me here then?"

Eric then pointed Riff to the Student Council, eventually even offering to take him there himself. Well, this was certainly a problem, but a small one and one he didn't need to involve Mel in. It'd be best to see if he could resolve this on his own first. "I suppose a visit to them wouldn't be too much trouble. But may I ask who you are first?"

There was then a loud pounding on the door and a female voice calling for an "Eric Price," most likely the boy here. Feeling that the noise might bother others on the floor, he went to open the door. "May I help you?" he asked the girl outside.

~~~~~

Bunny smiled at Caroline. "Well, welcome to Oriens Aeternitatis then. And I guess you can ask me if you have any questions. Though I've only been here a few months, so I may not know much. But I do know some people who can help you if I can't."

The angel let out a giggle as Caroline began panicking. She seemed nice. "It's okay. I was sort of hit in the face with a flying hammer. The blood should stop eventually. I don't think anyone's died from a nosebleed so far."

"Is it okay if I ask where you were going in such a hurry?"

~~~~~

Rose dragged her feet into the Student Council room. This sucked. She wasn't able to meet any of the new human students yet. Though she did greet a few others. And now there was paperwork to be done. The half-elf sighed before picking up the papers on the top of the pile. A Mayonnaise Club? She swore club proposals were getting more and more ridiculous. What sort of people love a condiment so much that they wanted a club for it?

~~~~~

When she was finished unpacking, Mel tried to get some rest in her room, but soon found it too boring. So she decided to go for a walk and better acquaint herself with her surroundings. So far, it seemed like a simple layout. Nothing too special about anything, including the students.

While she was walking, a nearby boy, pushed playfully by his friends, bumped into her, only to be shoved even harder back to his friends and knocking them over. When the group looked to her to ask her what her deal was, they were met with a glare that seemed to pass on the message that they were lucky they got away with just that much.

Mel exited the castle and walked through the grounds. Nothing much to see but bare trees and a bit of snow on the ground, already brown and wet from the multitudes of footsteps made.

"The later." Rill smiled sadly "It was a long time ago though, I've come to accept what happened." She didn't offer any more of an explanation instead changing the subject. "I think....were lost, or I am at least. I have no idea where we are." I don't even know how to get back to where we were, all the hallways look the same. She sighed, silently cursing the elf king Are map's really that difficult? Or what about signs posted at turns or branching hallways "This hallway leads to the pool or the cafeteria or the main entrance maybe even this hallway leads to a cool secret passage or lava pit." Would that really be so difficult?

"You are presently heading toward the lecture hall, although there isn't anything more than for you to take in its impressive size at this time I believe... you can go check it out if you want, but as I said, it is a waste of time beyond checking it out."

She laughed a bit

"You know, you should be careful of the halls around midnight"

"Ghost haunting the castle?" she said sarcastically, though kind of hoping there were. "They should post signs, and if its only the lecture hall before us then where are the interesting things?"

Lily just kind of looked at the new boy for a second, her mouth agape. A well-groomed blonde boy had just... appeared. From the doorway to the very realm of the beast. Lily looked at the room number again, just to be sure.

"Uh..." She was quite honestly at a loss for words- if only for a second. "Yeah, give me a sec."

Lily then turned her stare to Azure, who she had noticed had been leering at her.

"Can I help you, kid? I'm not putting on a show, here! Why don't you take a picture- it'll last longer!" She said, agitated, before turning her gaze back to Riff.

"I need to talk to the guy who lives here. I know he's in there- he's actually fused with that chair and desk set and become some sort of minor paperwork deity. I've gotta..."

But after thinking it over, Lily decided to take a different course of action.

"Well, that can wait. I'm more interested in this situation here. Who are you, and why are you in the den of the desolate one?"

"Well, 'they' say that if you are caught out wandering the halls around midnight, you could become lost within the school itself, but as to how lost you become depend on the moon, they say that while the moon as at least half full, the area around you grows darker, as if you are being swallowed up within the infinite night, and should the moon be full, a monster from will appear, following you, and should you hear it, it will already be... to late....."

A smile grew on her face as she told it

"Its been said that some students went missing as a result of this, no one has ever escaped this event, or at least remembers it..."

She came out laughing, unable to contain herself

"But I doubt someone like yourself would actually believe such a fable. I find the most interesting features of this school to be the stories such as the one I shared with you."

~~~~~

"Eh...?"

-Well... at least she doesn't appear dangerous... just foul mouthed... and talks a bit funny-

Azure moved around her, looking over her shoulder to see what is going on, before losing interest and went on his own way through the halls wandering around

"You should be a bard." She smirked at the daemon "It's a fun story but most likely just someone casting illusions of students that are out of bed when they shouldn't be." She turned down another hallway, This one had windows on it. Must be an outer wall, or there could be a courtyard i guess. If those are a thing here. "How do you get to the training room?"

"Who knows... I've never encountered such a thing during my time out of bed around midnight"

She didn't react to her assumptions

"As for the training room..."

She stopped as the end of the hall came to a door at the end which they stand in front of

"This would be it"

"Hmh that was convenient" Opening the door, revealing various dummies, shooting ranges and weapons racks Rill let out a low whistle "Wow It's like a cereal killers candyland...without all the victims though." She walked over to a dummy and unsheathed her blade

"I'm Georgie!" the giant said, either unaware or uncaring of Anya's discomfort. It was always hard to tell with her. "And oh! This is Max," she said. She grabbed the rabbit up in two arms and held him aloft, Lion King style. The rabbit sniffed his nose in annoyance. "Welcome to Oriens Academy! Wanna pet him?"

Anya's eyes widened, her ears pointing straight up as the rabbit appeared. Cautiously, she reached out her tiny hand, outstretching her fingers.

She inched closer, until she could lay her hand flat on the rabbit's stomach. Her head tilted slightly as her mouth made a silent "oh", enjoying the softness of the rabbit's fur. She became absorbed in the animal, ignoring the outside.

"I suppose it is, I doubt I need to say anything about this room, you look like you have it all figured out through and through..."

She stood where she was, watching what Rilla might do

"I've had a lot of practice." She said before changing positions, into an elegant stance, her sword positioned as if to stab the dummy. She lunged forward, flicking her wrist and slicing the dummy across the chest, hip to shoulder, with the tip of the thin blade.She paused a moment "I wish they moved" and struck again, this time slicing across the knee before swooping the blade into the dummy's rib cadge. "What's your weapon of choice?' she said turning away from the dummy.

"Eager to know are we? If I had a choice, I would prefer swords"

She continues watching her dance with her blade on the dummy

"Although that is what I find the most useful out of all weaponry, each has its own perk"

'True. I prefer the fencing blade because of how quick i can strike my opponent." she said turning back to the dummy, "Do they have tournaments here?"

"I have had little interest of the sort, but I believe they do, but I do not participate in them, the prizes so far have not peaked my interest so far."

She thought for a minute

"I am sure they do, and it is likely combat is apart of the regimen, you fancy fighting I see"

Georgie felt a twinge of satisfaction as Anya inched forward. Fluffy animals made everything better and everyone happy. She would have to remind herself to give GarryJackMaxBun a formal Thank You and extra treats tonight.

"He lives outside in the school's garden," Georgie informed Anya. "I'm friends with the whole warren, but Bun's the sweetest of them all. Love taking him around with me." She nodded, careful to keep herself and the rabbit still so she wouldn't startle the small girl. "Love your ears, by the way."

--

Taka's shoulders stiffened as Vash clapped him on the back. His ears, formerly a round humanish shape, twitched backwards in annoyance, now longer and almost catlike. In a flash of a moment, they were human again.

Brimstone, Taka thought. He was angry at the kid, but mostly angry at himself, for losing control over his emotions so often already. He hoped- prayed, almost- that the other students weren't all like this.

But then the kid was asking a question. "Mmmm," he said, feigning a thoughtful tone. He took the opportunity to take a step back and straighten his slightly-rumpled shirt. "Yeh, I know where. I could show you."

Last edited by a moderator:
*THUNK!* The arrows continued to fly until Blaire's arms got tired, she'd been shooting arrows none stop and soon the dummy had been filled with holes made from so many arrows. She sighed before she grabbed a water bottle and chugged it down, it was always a good thing to practice but Blaire felt the need to go hunting for a deer or something! It made Blaire irritated that she couldn't do what she did best and it was hard to make Blaire annoyed. Maybe she could talk to her sister about having a school trip in the woods, like a survival test or something. That would give her an opportunity to go hunting. With that thought she went in search for her sister with the idea stuck in her head.

Kylier watched Blaire make her exit

"Someone like her though, even if it is a bow, she reeks with desire to use that bow upon someone, dummies won't suffice, it is that sort of desire that would make for a dangerous adversary in any such tournament, I never did much with her, but she didn't feel like someone who wanted to be messed with, or would let a person get away with, even if it goes on obsessive lengths..."

She thought about that for a moment with a smirk

"Then again, I don't know her, its easy to be deceived by appearances when you don't know someone"

"My ears..." Anya's hands receded, covering the triangular things. It didn't occur to her she was the only one she'd met so far who didn't have ears like this; before then, only her father didn't. But her mother...

Her face grew solemn. "Thanks..." she said, as her hands lay on them. "I'm gonna go explore" she said, and began to meander down the hallway. "Oh".

She paused, and turned around to say "Don't eat people!" before continuing onwards. Onwards, to victory.

A slightly timid lamia wanders onto the school grounds for her first day here, clueless of where shes actually supposed to go right now she just wanders around the grounds aimlessly. Under a little discomfort she constantly looks around trying to look for any sign of where to go. In her aimless wandering she had gone into one of the buildings on the grounds to see if there were any signs or anyone who could help direct her where to go, someone she could talk to at least who looks like they have been here for a while at least.

Georgie laughed, what was a light laugh to her and those who knew her mannerisms well, but more of a boom to those who didn't. "I'll try my best. See you around~!" She lifted one of MaxBun's ears and made the rabbit wave goodbye to Anya, then spun around and continued her tromp around the halls. Not a Troublemaker, that one, she logged away in the back of her mind.

Now, to finish her job!

~

The giant wandered for a few more minutes, not running into any new faces. Her rabbit charge was beginning to squirm, so she took the opportunity to head back toward the gardens, humming to herself as she walked. She passed through a group of much smaller girls, giggling to themselves, and out the front door, only to catch a flash of orange.

Georgie blinked, then looked again. A giant snake? Awesome! It took her an embarrassingly long second to realize that it was probably a magical person rather than a cool animal, and an even longer second to notice that there was actually a girl head and torso attached to the snake.

Oh. She was only disappointed for a split second, before she grinned and waved the snake-girl over.

"Hello hello! Warm outside, innit?"

"A flying hammer? That should have hurt!" Caroline started imagining a hammer flying to Bunny's face, what she didn't like.

As the angel made the question she remembered what she was doing "Well, from the window of my room, I saw a lake and a waterfall not far from the school. Maybe a hour or so. And I wanted to go there. Just to try out the water, even tough it's winter. And I guess I was so excited that I ended up running!" She looked around, and realized she didn't know where she was "But now, I am lost."

Skyia sees the giant waving to her and with a friendly gesture starts moving over to her with a smile and wave. "Hi! and yes it is quite warm today, though it feels quite nice on my scales~" Skyia looks up at the giant with a friendly look. " I hope this isn't rude to ask but could you help me figure out where i'm supposed to go t- " Skyia had a glance at the MaxBun wiggling around in Georgie's arms and responds with a gasp and a excited statement. " Is that a bunny?! "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back