• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Oriens Academy [Phoenix Game]

Vash had never been able to understand people most the time or read the mood. So when Taka asked, "Excuse me?" he assumed it was that the shifter just didn't hear him. "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know you couldn't hear me! Is this better?! I said that I don't like you like that! I'm not gay! But I hope we can be friends!" His voice rang through the halls and those passing by were giving the two boys strange looks.

The demon, unaware of what he had done' stepped back and held out his hand to Taka, a big grin on his face. "Hi. I'm Vash. What's your name?"

~~~~~

Bunny fell backwards, landing on her butt, when someone bumped into her. As she got up, she looked at her blood stained handkerchief which had landed on the floor next to her. She picked it up cautiously, not really wanting to use it anymore now that it touched the ground. But she could still feel a small trickle drip down her face, so she opted to use the sleeve of her uniform sweater to block it. This was going to be gross.

The angel cringed a bit as she felt her sleeve becoming damp. After which, she looked up to see a young girl, apparently the one who bumped into her, if the apologies were any indication. She smiled at her. "N-no, it's okay. I s-should really be paying attention."

Looking at her closely, Bunny couldn't recognize her. Though she had only been there a few months, so it was most likely that she didn't meet everyone yet. She then realized that she was staring now and her face turned red. "S-sorry for staring! I-I just. I d-don't recognize you, so I thought you might be new. I-I'm Lilith by the way, though everyone calls me Bunny. They still won't tell me why." After saying that, she nervously pulled on the end of her hair, making the ribbon on her head twitch a bit.

~~~~~

Riff raised an eyebrow, confused by Eric's question. "Well, I wouldn't say I want to live here," he said, looking around the room once more. "It hardly looks habitable. However, I was assigned to this room." The blond walked closer, showing his papers to the boy behind the desk.

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't at least a bit uncomfortable in that room. It reminded him of his old jail cell back home. But he had left that place behind 4 years ago. "Can I ask what all this is about? Is there supposed to be an office here?"

Georgie tilted her head at the kid. Not exactly the response she was anticipating, but hey. She was very small- smaller than normal?- The little hill giant was terrible at estimating the ages of anything other than other giants. Better to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, though. She squinted her eyes, still smiling, and just rolled with it.

"Thanks! So are you new? What's your name? How's everyth-" She stopped mid-question, remembering that one question at a time was easier for other people to track, so she simply waved it off and stared expectantly at the kid.

"And you as well..."

Kylier smirked at Rilla

"And as for that nervous person, I suppose you could call him my experiment, but if you wish to know how to properly address him, his name is Azure"

~~~~~

Azure looked up at her

"Is it weird that I do that...? I just wanted to get away from everything, and escape up here in this tree until classes or something starts, but I guess I do have a habit of that... but, its for my own good."

Azure looked back straight ahead with a sigh

"What's your reason for being on this tree?"

The shapeshifter just stared. He couldn't help the flash of hurt that was covered over with an instant blind anger, but it didn't show on his face. Anger... anger wasn't like confusion. This one, he knew how to mask.

He stared down at the hand Vash had offered, pausing long enough to make the moment awkward, before taking it. He shook the hand, his grip tight, waiting for the other kid to end the grasp.
Vash. He stored that name away in his memory.

"Taka Gar-Hasnaoui," he said. His voice was smooth, practiced, as if this greeting was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Nah, I usually sleep in trees myself but I haven't really seen anyone else do it lately," Blaire shook her head and looked up at the sky for a moment before she heard his question.

"It just makes me feel free whenever I'm up high, it helps calm me down and allows me to think," Blaire answered him as she blinked up at the sky for a moment, the wind was slowing down a bit now.

"Its peaceful..." Blaire added, with a sigh she grabbed her hair and used her rubber band to tie it into a messy bun. The sound of birds flying caught her attention so she began to watch as they played in the air... it would be pretty cool to have wings. She figured since Azure had came here to get away from everything that he would want to be left alone so she kept her mouth shut.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ya... I get that feeling being up here..."

-Maybe Kylier was wrong, not everyone is weird or have an odd sexuality... or maybe she's just the odd one out..... then again... Kylier has always messed with me ever since I met her, but she's all I got to go by for here, still..... there's something elegant about her...-

Feeling comfortable in his little nook he fit himself into, Azure put himself in a light sleep, feeling grateful that she kept her words to herself as he escaped from his reality at school

"What makes him an experiment?" Rill asked stepping around Kylier and out into the hallway. She started walking back towards the main entrance of the school "I think I'm gonna go see what makes this school so special. Wanna come?" She looked over her shoulder waiting for Kyliers answer hoping some that she would join her. She's pretty interesting and she might know something about this school worth learning.

Kylier simply let out a soft chuckles behind her closed mouth at her question about Azure

"Sure, I think it would be worthwhile coming with you, trying to figure this school out"

-I'll check on him later I suppose-

With that, Kylier started following closely behind Rilla, examining her over from time to time

"What was it that made you attend this school over others?"

"I chose this school because it's the first of its kind." She said "It's unique, the only one like it in existence. It lives much like i have most of my life so i guess that's what made me attracted to it." She paused a moment, still walking and looked out a window. "It's kind of ironic that the characteristic of being alone that made me want to come here has opened the door for me to leave that solidarity behind and start a life with actual people in it." She smiled and looked back over her shoulder, saying "Oh and its a castle so there has to be a ton of secret passageways or something."

"I see, that makes sense, and I suppose I came here for the same basic concept, that being all races instead of just a single race, now that I think about it, but I suppose even then I have underlining reasons to that as well..."

Kylier is amused by her statements

"Hidden passages though... I have bewildered some people during my time here, so I wouldn't do away with the possibility"

Blaire began to feel as though she needed to go shoot some arrows and with that thought Blaire stood up before she jumped off the branch she was on. Reaching out she used the other branches as she jumped off of them one by one without hesitation or worry that she might fall. Once she landed silently on her feet Blaire began to walk toward the training room in the Mars Hall, she already had her bow and quiver of arrows with her so she didn't make a detour. Once she was in the training room she stood several feet away from the target dummy. Holding her bow she placed the arrow in place before pulling it back, it only took another second before the arrow went flying and hit the dummy in the location a heart would be in. The next arrow was aimed at the neck and it didn't miss its target; Blaire continued to shoot arrows for what seemed like a while but she didn't stop, her mind was honed in on the dummy as her target while also watching her surroundings. Of course she preferred a moving target but she would use what she could for practice.

Azure took notice as she left wondering where she was off to exactly

-Hmm... guess she had a place to be I guess...-

Azure kept resting on the branch he laid back on, having one arm droop off the side, hanging off the side of him, while the other is laid on him, looking peaceful, even if it looks like he died there... although he isn't dead obviously since he's just sleeping and still breathing

"Yes! I knew it." Rill smiled as she turned down a hallway, wondering where they were going to end up "I like the idea for this place the elf king had when he decided to make this place. Seems like its not 100% yet though. When I was walking in I heard some kids talking about a war with the student council and some guy named Price i think, whats that about?" She fiddled with the pommel of her silver sword, decorated with vines and leaves. It looked falsely delicate, hiding the deadly blade hiding at its end.

"Price eh, looks like I've managed to make his job more interesting finally, he has such control over the students, its hard to make it all their fault and not mine... then again, who's to say I'm the one telling them what to do, I'm merely making suggestions that they want to hear."

She smirks and gives off a small laugh inside her grin

"Still, if I know Price as well as I do through what I've seen him do, it probably won't last long by any means."

Rill wondered what kind of stuff she'd suggest the students do but decided against asking, favoring the larger conflict instead. "So you think he's going to win? It seems like a bit of a long shot if so, I mean one guy against a whole council of students that are pretty much the self governing power over the student body. That is what they are right?"

"I would be surprised if that wasn't the case, it is not my intention to over throw the school government and state of affairs, that would be dangerous, rather, I'd like to see someone make a stand, and watch what happens."

It isn't clear if she likes seeing someone try to rise up against someone or to watch someone fall before a power... crushed...

"Even so, I bare no ill will to Price, he is simply the receiving end of what the students decide on doing."

"That's not a job I envy. Is the counsel really that bad? Or do you just like to see an underdog try to fight the system?"She pushed at a tapestry hanging on the wall to see if there was wall behind it, or if she was lucky a secret passageway leading to some place mysterious and new.... There wasn't. It was just boring old wall. She sighed at the normalcy of it. I know it was a long shot but still, I had to try.

"I see it as a way to pass time to me, it doesn't really matter in the end, and even then, its always the same"

She sighs

"However, for me, its about the journey, not the destination, that gives me the entertainment I seek, then again..."

A thought crossed her mind to deceive her with a hidden passage, but best thought to save it for later

"I don't know what goes on in the counsel, but I had no interest to eavesdrop on them as well, so I suppose I wouldn't be the one to talk it over with"

"Eh. I don't think I've ever seen two journeys end the same. Similar yes but they're just too many factors and personality differences to make everyone's ending the same. Just because the little guy doesn't always win they can still have an effect on the way the leaders see things, maybe the experience showed them they should rethink how they run things. I could just be an optimist but to say they all end the same seems narrow minded to me." She shrugged and hooked her thumbs in her pants pockets. She didn't wear a uniform, instead assuming she didn't need to wear her uniform until tomorrow for her classes.

"Is that so... maybe you are right."

She smirked with a thoughtful grin in a slow reaction to what she heard her say

"They see it as foolishness, and so do I, because that is exactly what it is in our view perhaps... but even fools can change things."

She looked over at her, with a thoughtful look, having wisdom come to her

"Tell me, if someone held another hostage in declaration of want for change, would you be touched because someone cares about everyone's current state of affairs, or would you be shocked and scared because someone is acting against the norm society has put up that we have accepted?"

"Neither." She said with a smile "This varies depending on the exact situation of course, but I would do my best to deal with the conflict in a level headed manner, open minded enough to see all sides of the situation. If the person was holding another hostage in demands for mass societal or political change I'd do my best to show them how change takes time and one dramatic act, such as that will do nothing for his or her cause other than to give it the negative connotation of disregarding the safety of another being because of the impatience they had when trying to change the state of the world. It's not that easy." She thought for a moment before adding "If someone truly wishes change they have to first think about what it will do in the long term and short, not simply to themselves but to anyone who could be effected. Then if they deem the cause still worth perusing it should be publicized in a way that illuminates the cause positively. Show why change is needed. Convenience people, don't scare them, because it will only end badly for someone in the end and nothing great will truly be accomplished."

Price snatched the papers from the boy's hands and began to rapidly scan them.

NAME: RIFFAEL RAFFIT (Name... unimportant)

He skipped several lines until he found what he was looking for.

ROOM: 619

He blinked. For a second, he had thought that he saw his room number printed on the sheet.

There had to be some mistake.

He slammed the papers down onto the desk.

"I am sorry to inform you that this room is reserved for Student Disciplinary Committee use. It is currently unable to accommodate another resident." He paused, then added with a hint of annoyance, "that is, unless a more suitable location can be found."

According to school policy
(SECTION 23, RULE 14), a student was technically not allowed to refuse a room mate when living in a two person dorm. However, the other boy didn't have to know that. And he was not planning on surrendering his office without a fight.

"If you have any complaints, take it up with the Student Council. Their school-provided office is located on the third floor. I am certain they would be delighted to assist you." With that, Price waved him off.

Then, he thought better of it. Knowing the Council, they would just send him back with a mandate to vacate the room. If he didn't want this coming back to cause him problems at a later date, he would have to go himself. With a quiet sigh, he stood up from his seat. "Actually, I will take you there myself."

"Ah, t-t-t..." Anya stuttered as the giant gave a horrifying squint, no doubt eyeing her up. Cats were probably delicious. She hoped they weren't. "Anya" was all she was able to stutter out before the giant stopped, mid sentence. It was no longer bothering luring her with chat; it knew it could overpower her.

Anya froze, ears swiveled back, pupils dilating as she stared into the giant's eyes.

The first move would decide her fate.

The past few weeks had been somewhat unkind to poor, innocent Lily. It had not been too long since she lost her job in the disciplinary committee, and since then it had become much harder to get away with her... 'aggressive proclivities'. Much harder to get complaints to disappear. Much harder to take her beloved class naps. It was somewhat... completely infuriating.

But word on the grape vine said that Price would be rather irritated today. Lily had not yet identified the irritant, but was ready to take whatever measures were necessary to secure her position once again. She needed to be able to push the other students around like the superior being that she was, and if the school would not accommodate such behavior... well, she would make it. This was her chance to catch that emotionless ape off guard.

She began her ingenious plan by pounding on Price's door with her fists and vines and shouting at him.

"Hey, Price! Open the freakin' door- I need to have a couple'a words with you! C'mon! I know you're in there! You're like one of those Saturday morning cartoon villains that never leave their lair! Except to spy on people in your case! Come to think of it, cartoon villains are less creepy! You are literally worse than Skeletron!"

"I'm Caroline," Caroline said, getting up "and I am new here, like you thought."

She started removing the dust that may have gotten on her skirt."This may be rude but, Could you tell me what happened to um... your nose?" She asked, but quickly added,a bit nervous "B-but, if you don't want to tell me it's alright with me!" Oh, god. Now she thinks I'm a meddlesome! She thought, slapping herself psychologically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back