Advice/Help orc human alliance

Myot

I had this idea of an orc-human alliance of interest roleplay.
Basically a small kindom is under de facto military occupation by its ally and protector, an empire.
The empire claims it is protecting humanity from orcs but is merely using this as an excuse to subjugate its weaker neighbors. The common men suffer from the abuses of the imperial soldiers.
The orcs have all rallied under one banner and plan to punish the empire for their constant raids.
So now the kindom seeks liberation by making an alliance with the orcs. It's basically an alliance with those you hate the most.
What do you think?

The nobility would be leading the revolt on the human. The hierarchy is an issue. They don't necessarily have to be tribal?

I always envision a tribal counsel or chieftain -- which may or may not be advised/controlled by religious shamans.

If there is a long-standing hatred between men and orc it would be hard to get them to work together. So I think it will be key to further emphasize why they decide to cast their differences aside and work together, not just because of the common enemy. Perhaps two pragmatic leaders who come together, with their underlings constantly undermining this alliance.

let's say before the empire got involved more orcs died by the hands of orcs than humans so humans were not perceived as a major threat to orcs in general.
orcs raiders could be paid off while imperial troops cannot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back