Idea Opinion on an 80s metal music festival rp?

Winter Kakyoin

"I could've saved them... I really could've..."
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've had this idea for a while now, but I don't know if it's something anyone else would want to do. I had the idea that my 80s OC, Raven, could have been writing to a member of one of the bands (I have a list of the bands I'd want to use for this), and one night, she sneaks out of her house (She's 21, but she's cared of moving out because of her parents. I'll explain this part more at some point) and drives a few hours away from her hometown so she could go to this music festival. There, she meets a few of the bands and all, then meets the one she's been writing to for at least two years. Now, she'd usually end up being a member of whatever band the rp is mainly focused on, but that could be changed if needed. I just don't know if it's a good idea, and I wanted to see what you all thought.

That sounds like a fun experiment to dive into a period piece set in the 80s depending on the sort of storylines you want to tie into it.

That sounds like a fun experiment to dive into a period piece set in the 80s depending on the sort of storylines you want to tie into it.
The main idea is what I wrote above, an I do want to add something into it. I just don't know WHAT to add into it. I've been trying to think on it, but I just can't seem to think of anything.

Might be worth looking at 1980s films and television series plotlines of the time (of the slice of life variety) to see what inspires you. If you stick to a struggling band overarching narrative, you can play with usual music biopics-type storylines (manager drama, etc.) and alongside that each member of the band has personal and family stuff you can tie into to create subplots. Stuff like that.

Might be worth looking at 1980s films and television series plotlines of the time (of the slice of life variety) to see what inspires you. If you stick to a struggling band overarching narrative, you can play with usual music biopics-type storylines (manager drama, etc.) and alongside that each member of the band has personal and family stuff you can tie into to create subplots. Stuff like that.
That could work. The idea I had was somehow having my OC be brought into a band, or at least she becomes good friends with them. I have a literal list of the bands I know and I'd want to use for it. Literally, if you need a new band to listen to, just ask me XD. But in all seriousness, I do need to write out the idea I had in a more detailed manner.

I'm a music aficionado so I get it. I'm especially well read and listened in music of that particular scene and I do see the potential.

I'm a music aficionado so I get it. I'm especially well read and listened in music of that particular scene and I do see the potential.
Would it be okay if I message you? Even to just talk about music? It's so hard to find people that know what 80s metal even is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back