• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OPERATION BROKEN EAGLE [Just opened!]

I won't be online much tomorrow since I'll be skiing all day, but I say we start either tomorrow or day after tomorrow unless someone else has other ideas.

I would imagine that the dockyards at New Mombasa had a military post attached to it. You guys could all be on the same Pelican as me, if we are riding a Pelican.

Just checked to make sure you're the right guy, and yeah you are. The CS either needs to be revised drastically, or scrapped.

List of things that are wrong in point form:

• About 40 years too young to be involved in orion II

• The FTL upgrades are unrealistic as hell. They would of allowed the UNSC to win the war something like a decade early.

• Making yourself so important that a S-II Fireteam would be sent in to rescue you during the Covenant war gives me a bad feeling about you in general. (As if you're prone to Godmoding.)

• Highest postion in both branches. (Also seems to imply your prone to God modding.)

• Raising Cortana, again making your character ridiculously important.

• Over all he seems like a Gary Sue. The weaknesses don't come close to the strengths of the character.

I meant to send a similar rant a month ago as the lore enforcer, and adviser to Goodrich. Something must of happened while posting it. :/

• ...I don't believe I mentioned the Orion-II project...
  • Fair enough. I replaced it with something hopefully a bit less lore-friendly.
  • I was thinking more of when the Spartans had yet to recieve their armor or anything, and were sent on field missions against the insurrectionists either way.
  • Is it? I thought there were higher ones. I apologize, but I imagined him being in a position of authority. If it's not too much trouble, could you provide me with some sort of list of the ranks regarding those fields so that I can make it more reasonable?
  • To be honest, I just wanted to have an explanation for how he reached his position at his age.
  • If you want to call him a Gary Sue, you're entitled to your opinion and I can tell you with honesty that he was not and is not intended as such. I apologize if that's the impression I gave.

• Learn your lore if you are going to make your self involved with something important. Orion-II is the code name for the Spartan-II program.

• You mean more lore friendly?

• At that point in time according to your character's age. He would of been around 3-4.

• You didn't specify any branches. At all.

• I don't know how teaching an A.I would raise your Character's position.

• It's fine, well not really. You need to learn that the socially inept excuse isn't one that is appreciated. With how smart your character is supposedly, they should be crippled physically in some way, or have a serious mental problem such as schizophrenia.

If you want a character that smart with reasonable weaknesses, may I suggest one of the S-IIs crippled by the physical enhancements.

Also please go to Halo Nation and do some research on ships, the Spartan Program, ect.

I can agree with the part about making your character one of the crippled Spartan-IIs. Especially considering that all the ones that were crippled and could still operate were still used by ONI and the UNSC. Because they were still brilliant despite their (unintentional) failure in the Spartan-II program, and ONI still wanted to use that part of them if they could still function well enough to put that skill to use.

I can honestly say that I don't care too much about other games. Titanfall does look like a fun game, especially while watching my brother play it (I know that he probably wants that game, knowing him), but I'm not really..into it. I'm what I like to call a selective nerd in that aspect, as weird as that sounds. I'll probably eventually play more games than just Halo, though. But I just recently, finally got my own Xbox after years of watching my brother play on his and me playing some of the Halo campaigns on the rare chances I could. So I'm just focusing on Halo games right now and not really caring much about other games.

Sorry, didn't realize you put the starter on, Goodrich. I went and replied to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back