• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern [OPEN 2 SLOTS] Under One Roof (IC)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

DVationz

Sleepless Gamer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Sepia Share House.jpg

The Sepia Share House With a new year comes change and with change comes new experiences. The Sepia Share House is having its grand opening to its first host of residents and the owner can’t wait for the days to come. The share house resides in a small residential area in a moderately sized city in the United States. Although there’s nothing quite spectacular or unique about the city, there’s plenty to do. Sepia Share House aims to create a living environment in which young adults can accustom themselves to life outside their family’s care while also creating close relationships with one another. The owner, Máire Ceallaigh, invites anyone interested to become part of a wonderful family dynamic. But don’t wait too long, there’s only so many rooms available.

As Máire finished with the last preparations for the coming tenets, she called for Cameron. "Cam, dear, can you get started on lunch? I'm sure some of the tenets will be hungry when they arrive. Try not to make anything too fancy though, fancy dishes can wait until they've moved in and become acquainted." From elsewhere in the share house, most likely being the kitchen, Cameron called back. "Alright. Simple it is." Máire sighed in relief, everything was ready for the new arrivals and they would most certainly be arriving within the next few hours. Perhaps now she could relax. First she walked to one of the front windows and peered out to check for anyone coming. Nobody. With nothing more to do other than wait, Máire dragged herself to the living room couch and collapsed onto it's refreshingly cold leather cushions. "Hey Marie, could you come watch the burners? I need to use the bathroom." Simple enough. She got up and started walking towards the kitchen, "Yep, can do Cam." As she approached the kitchen Cameron, a tall young man with silvery hair, sluggishly made his way towards the nearest restroom. "Thanks."

Last edited:
Kira Tanaka
- Sepia Share House - DVationz DVationz -​

Kira held her dog Tofu close to her chest as she sat in the back of the taxi. She was about to move into a new house, with people she didn't know, and boys. God forbid, she was moving into a house with boys who weren't her father. Tofu, sensing her distress, looked back at Kira, barked, and licked her across the cheek. Laughing, Kira pet the dog on his head. "I know Tofu... I'm just nervous..." she whispered to the dog. She had every right to be nervous. Her first term at the local university was starting soon, and here Kira was moving into a new place. "We'll be fine after a bit, I know we will bud. I just need to get accustomed to this." The taxi pulled up a relatively cozy looking house. Stepping out of the car, Kira thanked the driver, and grabbed her suitcase from the back. With Tofu being held in one hand, and the other dragging her luggage, she rang the doorbell.

Marco Gallagher
- Sepia Share House - DVationz DVationz -

"God... I should have picked up some coffee while I was out." Marco would moan as he kept hands on the steering week, half-paying attention to the road as his eyelids felt heavy with exhaustion. It was a bad idea to play video games until 3 in the morning.

Driving in a worn, navy blue Volkswagen, Marco Gallagher would slowly drive by the Sepia Share House as he took a moment to look at his soon-to-be new home. Although not as flashy as he imagined it to be, the share house looked pretty decent; multiple rooms, a large balcony, and big enough to house an entire family or two. Having spent most of his life living with his insufferable family, Marco hoped to god that the people he would be living with from now on were going to be tolerable, though it would be extra points if he ended up befriending anyone them. Yeah, like that would happen.

Despite his grumpy attitude, Marco was feeling excited about this transition. With plans on starting college in this area, as well as hopefully scoring himself a new job, Marco felt that moving into this place was the most logical choice. Plus, he wouldn't be paying rent!... or at least, he hoped. Parking in front of the house, Marco would step out of his car before going into his trunk to pull out some bags of luggage. When he would turn to house, however, Marco would raise an eyebrow upon noticing a person at the door; a young woman and her shibi inu.

"Ah yes, the internet's favorite breed of dog." Marco chortled to himself, hoisting one of the bags over his shoulder as he then began to make his way to the door.

Last edited:
Emma Lee Bolman
-Sepia Share House-
interactions: DVationz DVationz , xAlter xAlter & DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712

Emma pulled in front of the Sepia Share House, noticing that two people were already at the door. she got out and took a moment to look at the share house It was even better than she expected, it even had enough space in the backyard for Bailey to play in and she never lived with a roommate before so that was an interesting experiment for her. Bailey was trying to stick his head out of the car’s window, eager to get out and run around. At first, she was thinking that she couldn't get him out just yet, that she had to make sure that none of the people in the house were afraid of dogs for the safety of both Bailey and the others, but the girl at the door already had a Shiba Inu with her so she thought that it was okay. “Now Bailey, be good” she said passing him some treats before opening the car door to put the leash on him and take him out. she applied to the house online, explaining about her situation and got accepted last week. Now it was time to meet the person who saved Bailey from going to the shelter, she thought stepping closer to the door and giving a wave at the people who were already standing there. “ Hi, I’m Emma” she said not wanting to be rude.

download.jpg

Last edited:

• Máire Ceallaigh
    Máire Ceallaigh.jpeg.jpg

The New Arrivals

As Máire watched the burners that slowly began to heat up, she heard the doorbell ring. Some of the tenets had arrived and that meant it was time to greet them. "Cam, they're here!" From the bathroom came an uninterested, "Okay?" She turned away from the kitchen and walked towards the front door. Before opening the door she took a deep breath to compose herself and don a smile. As she opened the door she held out her arms as if welcoming family, "Welcome to the Sepia Share House." She looked at who was there, three young individuals, two girls and a boy. "Hello dears, I'm Máire, but you can call me Marie." Máire stepped to the side of the door to allow the trio to walk in. "Please, make yourself at home, don't worry about putting your things away right now. We're making lunch right now so why not lounge around while we wait for Cam to finish cooking."

"Sometimes a motherly touch is all that's needed."

Last edited:
Kira Tanaka
- Sepia Share House - DVationz DVationz Cara Cara DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712 -
Kira looked behind her as she heard multiple cars pull up. Seeing a rather gruff looking boy her age come out of a beat up Volkswagen, Kira tried her best to appear friendly, which was hard considering her rich girl look. Another car pulled up and out came another girl with a beagle. Feeling some wriggling in her arms, Kira watched as Tofu jumped out of her arms and ran to the beagle. "Tofu no!" Kira called out as she dropped her luggage and ran after her dog. Tofu ran to the beagle and began sniffing him, before barking. "Tofu! Bad dog!" Picking up her dog in her arms, Kira looked apologetically to the new girl. "Hi Emma. I'm Kira. I'm really sorry about Tofu!" she apologized as she held the squirming shiba. "He's usually not like this! Again, I'm sorry!"

Hearing the door open behind her, she noticed a kind old woman standing there. Introducing herself as Marie, Kira sighed in relief. Maybe this wasn't going to be too bad. Walking in and listening, she turned to the landowner. "Who's in the kitchen miss Marie?"

Marco Gallagher
- Sepia Share House - DVationz DVationz -

With one hand in his pocket, Marco's head to turn back to meet another stranger who was approaching the house; a young woman with long, light brown hair and a pet beagle. "Heyo," the hat-wearing young man would greet Emma with a lazy yet friendly smirk, his shoulders aching from the weight of his bags, "The name's Marco. And uh-" Before he could continue, though, Kira's dog literally jumped out of her arms and ran towards him at full speed. The kicker, though, was that it was running straight at him. His eyes widening in shock, Marco let out a gasp as he tried to move out of the way in fear of the shibi inu ramming into him, only to loose his footing and fall on the ground butt-first, dropping all of his luggage. Said dog would run around him, much to his relief, to instead socialize with Emma's beagle.

"Uugh," Marco would moan as he sat on the ground, now with a soar butt, as he then said to himself, "I didn't know that this share house was also a dog kettle, but oh well." Hearing the door open behind him, Marco noticed another woman standing at the door entrance. After introducing herself as Marie and welcoming them, Marco would gather all of his bags and make his way into the share home, letting Kira and her dog walk through first. Once inside, Marco let all of his bags drop to the floor with a loud thud as he let out a thunderous yawn of relief, turning to the landowner as he said while wiping his eyes, "You got a living room I could crash in? I've been driving for five hours and my legs feel like they're about to snap like twigs."

Mai Thackner
Mai stepped out of the taxi, handing the correct change to the driver. Her ride had been average, the taxi driver was an older man who wasn't too keen on conversation. Her eyes were drawn to the house and the multiple cars on the property. Were these the other tenants? Would she be the only one without a car? Mai had a car back home - a light blue Chevy to match her current hair color. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't bring it with her. It was a multiple day's drive from the share house to her home so she opted for the much quicker option of a flight.

After unloading her suitcases from the small car, she glanced towards the door. There seemed to be a group of 3-4 people entering the home. Would they all get along? Mai hoped so. She lugged her things towards the door. Was it okay to just walk in like the others? Or would it seem weird? Deciding on the former, she twisted the knob. Opening the door, she knocked a couple times before stepping in. "Hi, everyone. I'm Mai!" She introduced herself to the group with a bright smile on her face.

DVationz DVationz DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712 xAlter xAlter Cara Cara

• Máire Ceallaigh
    Máire Ceallaigh.jpeg

The New Arrivals Pt.2

As the three came in Máire shut the door behind them. The boy dropped his things and searched for a place to sit in which Máire pointed to the couches on the left from where they came in. The girl asked about Cameron. "That's my son Cameron. He's making everyone food right now and from how it smells I think he's making pancakes, eggs, and bacon." Máire smiled as another knock on the door could be heard and a girl with pretty blue hair appeared, introducing herself. "Welcome dear! I'm Máire, call me Marie." She waited for the girl to come in before closing the door behind her. "Please make yourselves at home, I'm sure Cameron will be finishing the food here shortly."
    xAlter xAlter Cara Cara DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712 Mooniee Mooniee

"Sometimes a motherly touch is all that's needed."

Emma Lee Bolman
-Sepia Share House-
interactions: DVationz DVationz , xAlter xAlter , DestinyGuy3712 DestinyGuy3712 & Mooniee Mooniee

As Emma approached, the boy turned around introducing himself as Marco before the Shiba Inu in the girl’s hands jumped knocking Marco and his bags down and running straight to Bailey. Bailey staggered to get loose and meet his new friend as well but Emma tightened her grip as the Shiba Inu came closer so Bailey stopped struggling and just licked and sniffed the other dog. “Marco your okay?” Emma asked offering a hand for Marco to stand up."Tofu! Bad dog!" the girl picked up her dog and apologized to Emma introducing herself as Kira as Bailey jumping trying to reach his new friend. “ It’s okay, I’m just glad that there is anothr dog beside Bailey” Emma replied.

"Welcome to the Sepia Share House. Hello dears, I'm Máire, but you can call me Marie. Please, make yourself at home, don't worry about putting your things away right now. We're making lunch right now so why not lounge around while we wait for Cam to finish cooking " a lady, Marie, opened the door to welcome them inside “ nice to meet you, I’m Emma and this is Bailey” Emma introduced herself as they walked in. Once inside, Marie pointed Marco to the couches in he living room and said that her son was making pancakes, eggs, and bacon for everyone, which reminded Emma that she was hungry. she sat down on one of the couches, Emma picked Bailey up and started rubbing his head to make him calm down abit and not destroy the house as another girl came in knocking the door and introduced herself as Mai with a smile, Emma smiled back and introduced herself and Bailey. Another boy came from inside asking about what kind smoothies the group wanted. Emma, assuming that he was Marie’s son Cameron gave him a smile “ thank you for offering to make us food, that’s nice. I don’t really have a specific smoothies preference, but i'll have whatever you guys have”

Mai Thackner

Mai's body reacted to the dogs before her mind even recognized it. Her nose twitched and itched and before she knew it, she was sneezing. She loved dogs but her immune system seemed to disagree. Her eyes glanced over to the two dogs. They were absolutely adorable, but they would be even cuter after she took her allergy meds. Kneeling down to her suitcase, she unzipped it and began rummaging through it. That was when she heard a new voice and looked up to see a white hair boy asking them all a question. "Smoothies? I'll take a strawberry-banana, please!" She hadn't realized how hungry she was until that point, having to skip breakfast that morning to catch her flight. Her response was accented with a sneeze before she found the white bottle she was looking for. She took the pill with such urgency, you would think it was to save her life. Now, she just needed to wait for it to kick in.

Zipping her suitcase, she stood back up. "Sorry, I have a pet allergy," Mai said with an embarrassed laugh. Hopefully the others wouldn't take her allergy as her not liking animals. In fact, it was the completely opposite. The reason she had allergy pills was so that she could be around animals more. She adored them and she was happy the other tenants had pets that hopefully she could play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back