OOC

folclor

Resident Cripple
<p>

Feel free to chat here if you'd like! I would request that if you're going to be away or unable to post for a while that you let everyone know here.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
To students and fellow staff. I'm going to apologize now if I can't get a post up every day. I'm going to try, and more then likely succeed. But just in case I can't, sorry.

Just want to explain something to anyone confused by John's speak habit, he tends to use a lot of foreign slang. the most common being Spanish, Scottish, British, and Scandinavian

When you say British, do you mean stereotypical British? Because we don't all go "Hello my good sir. Would like to come inside for a spot of tea?"

I like how all the students have no reason not to trust the teachers (beyond the headmistress) and yet we're all just being terrible pricks.

[QUOTE="Grim Wraithe Stjerna]To students and fellow staff. I'm going to apologize now if I can't get a post up every day. I'm going to try, and more then likely succeed. But just in case I can't, sorry.

[/QUOTE]
going to write the reply tomorrow.

There have been some changes to the class schedules. Please check when you get a chance. Until further notice we will skip any classes that do not currently have teachers unless it would be particularly interesting to play them out at which point I will puppet an NPC teacher to teach the course.

I thought i would be good i idea to keep track of all of John's Slang so here you go

Ackle; Yorkshire Slang used to refer to Work or something working like intended

Ah; Southern pronunciation of 'I'

An; Arabic swear meaning ‘shit’

Awfy; Scottish slang meaning awfully

Bird; a British slang used to refer to attractive females

Bonjour; Hello or Greetings in French

Brill; British Slang that is a shortening of the word Brilliant

Cherry Pie; Cockney Rhyme Slang that commonly shortens to simply cherry but it means 'lie'

Chickadee; Mexican Slang used in referring to women. Often shorten to Chicka

Chicken Jalfrezi; Cockney Rhyme Slang meaning Crazy

Daddio; A hipster way of saying dude

Danke: German for thanks, Usually followed with schoen meaning you

Djammið; Icelandic Slang that is used as One word describing the activity to going out, meeting people, drinking, partying, clubbing, dancing and so forth. Commonly pronounced as Djammid by Icelanders when talking to foreigners

Dugs; the Scottish pronunciation of dog

Fit; Scottish slang meaning What

Four Seasons; Cockney Rhyme Slang meaning reason

Jamba; Puerto Rican slang meaning woman

java; Coffee

Jublies; London slang used to refer to breast

Juice Monkey; someone with muscles

Jolly good; Very good

Jok; Serbian for No

Kevin And Linda; Cockney Rhyme Slang referring to windows

Kutre is an Indian slang meaning Dog

Monkey Mouth is prison slang that is used in referring to someone who talks about nothing

Ninja; Juggalo slang used to refer to men or friend

Pure done in; Scottish slang which means “being tired”

Sheila; Australian slang used to refer to women

Snag; Problem

Sod-All; British term meaning "Nothing"

Sweater Muffins; British slang meaning breast

Thee; Yorkshire slang meaning you

Truno: Icelandic Slang used in referring to go drinking at night

Toblerone: Cockney rhyme Slang meaning alone

Tosh; British Slang meaning rubbish or nonsense

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks bill ^^ that helps a lot ;D

And yes, countrygirl please add that to your post so we can avoid any confusion.

oh, I love John. A lot of those I inferred, but I'm glad to see the actual translations. He's so much fun >w<

So, Aodh being abandoned by his parents and then getting told that no one will ever want him by more adults isn't a good reason to not trust the teachers? Colour me confused.

nah, it's probably a good reason. But not every adult in this school works on the same logic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back