OOC Thread

On a completely unrelated note, I discovered that Palladium Books has lost their license to sell the Robotech line of books. Right now, they are in the process of liquidating their entire inventory at big discounts of 50% off most stuff. So, if anyone is interested in a hard copy of those books, now is the time to order.

Also, when I successfully parry an attack with Final Sunset Stance, I bank a reflexive attack I can use on my action. I can stock up to Ess + 3 of these at once.

And sorry about posting a little at a time, but it's 2 am and I'm pretty tired.

Indeed. RpNation is an international community of gamers.

Ash only has Wits 3, Awareness 3, but will dip into her meagre pool of Essence (Note to self: get moar Overdrive Charms) to activate Lightning Draw Stance and add 5 sux to to her JB

Cost: 2m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2;
Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Kiss of the Sun Concentration

With this Charm, the martial artist need not have her firearm in hand before Join Battle is rolled to use it. Vibrant bands of crackling Essence coalesce about her forearms, and the Exalt readies her weapon and fires it all in the same action (without suffering the -1 DV penalty normally associated
with readying a weapon). Aside from the surprise factor this Charm allows, it also enables the character to attack more quickly, adding one extra automatic success to her Join Battle roll per dot of Essence she has. On successive actions, however, the character must take an action to reload a single-shot weapon after every shot.

Last edited:
Nagao's Join Battle Roll is 9 dice.

EDIT: On my action, as far as charm activations are concerned:

1. I'll spend 2m to produce an essence shield from one of my gauntlets.

2. I'll activate Orichalcum Fists of Battle.
Cost: 10m, 1wp; Mins: Martial Arts 6, Essence 6;
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-Basic, Obvious
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Solar Hero Supremacy

The Solar’s fists crash with the sound of thunder as they batter her opponents into submission.

- The Solar multiplies her Strength by her Essence for the purpose of calculating the raw damage of her unarmed attacks.
- These attacks ignore hardness.

Apart from that it'll depend on how things unfold, until my turn comes to act. :)

Last edited:
Didn't get the notification. Give me a moment and I'll have your reply up.

Sherwood Sherwood I hate to be that guy, but I really need to know stunt ratings for Essence regain. Or we could just go with something like 1d stunts are assumed unless otherwise stated.

I'm at work now, will have my next move up when I get home.

lol I keep forgetting about the stunts. Feel free to keep on bugging me to get what your deserve.

Lets go with the 1d stunt unless you think that it deserves a 2.

Sherwood Sherwood Am I hit because he whittled down my DV, or because it's Unblockable? If it's not too much to ask, can you tell me which Charm he's using?

Actually, neither turns out to matter. I activate Dawn's Parable Defense (Ink Monkeys Ultimate, page 16) on the first attack in the flurry, which breaks the entire flurry and stops all attacks.

And he just dumped a butt-load of Essence into that attack, too. D':

I understand. Just making sure you got the notification.

Did I forget to calculate DDV in my post? Oh well, it's ... ({Dex + Dodge + Essence + bracers / 2} - mobility penalty) - attack penalty = 6

Did I forget to calculate DDV in my post? Oh well, it's ... ({Dex + Dodge + Essence + bracers / 2} - mobility penalty) - attack penalty = 6
You may have and I might have missed it. Reply is coming up.

Uh, Sher, please tell me next time when Ash's enemy successfully connects so she can use her soak Charms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back