[OOC Thread] [Acrotomo]

Environmental damage has always confused me. **shakes head**

So, need hardness? Hey, that Durability of Oak might actually have a point!

Still, it seems like the Elemental Resistance charm is the one really built for this task. How far down the tree is it? It's in Survival, right?

Aurethius, would it be possible for Nkemdilim to go into XP debt for that? Mostly asking out of curiosity, since it seems like the most sensible way to do this is with summons or special equipment. How feasible is it for us to build a rubber suit or find an elemental that can survive the acid but still perform the necessary actions?

Oooh, what about Sorcery? Does Skin of Bronze do the job?

DoOM also has an instant duration... so it also can't be used efficiently.

Element Resisting Prana (survival 5 ess 3) is the second charm in the survival tree with Hardship Surviving Mendicant Spirit, and it's also incredibly useful and powerful (no cost, permanent...). A shame it can't work against anima flux :lol:

Traditionally, I've always felt that Acid ignored hardness. It's that the case for acid damage? What can 'hardness' actually do if it's acid, which just eats away at the materials?

Sorcery like Skin of Bronze would most definitely do the job.

H@B, I don't want you to go into XP debt to get a charm just for one scene. Make sure it's a charm that you want first.

Don't focus too much on the book interpretation of charms, this is an RP scene, so we can use RP interpretations of the charms. I think that Nkemdilim should be able to fuel Essence into his own innate toughness and resist the acid by using some of his resistance charms, such as Durability of Oak.

I'm glad you guys are thinking hard on how to deliver this baby, but I didn't intend for it to be something that would be really difficult. Know that as long as you come up with something logical, it'll work out. You two are both competent doctors, and with Lost Mountain there to console Jean-Paul, and with Sapphire there to be the 'trusting' person both of them see her as, everything will be fine. Broken Heron is very capable socially, so maybe he can talk to Sarah while the whole process goes through.

Like with Broken Heron, in moments like these, I freely assume that when he uses charms, he damn well achieves whatever he wants to achieve.

These guys may be Wyld Mutants, and have seen some horrible things, but I wouldn't want a demon delivering MY daughter! :D

Sorry I've been out, we got some new work that came in recently. Do you guys still want Jean-Paul to respond to your questions about where he is from, or would you like to move along? Also, I got a kick out of you guys talking about each other, good stuff!

I don't see many acids eating away Orichalcum, but yes, the whole Hardness concept seems kinda weird to me. oO

The rest is just rules masturbation, we're nerds, we like long discussion about the meaning of verbs in the manual and such... :mrgreen:

Awesome to have you back Au, for a while we were almost worried for you! =)

What can 'hardness' actually do if it's acid, which just eats away at the materials?
Hardness doesn't help vs environmental damage, like cold or hot weather, or lava, or acid. It deflects impact because of its toughness.
So ISoB wouldn't help here IMO. Now if you rule otherwise... you da boss.

It's a slight ruse of the rules so that armored guys won't jump in lava and survive... which would also have been stupid.

H@B, I don't want you to go into XP debt to get a charm just for one scene. Make sure it's a charm that you want first.
Does he want xp debt to be permanently immune to all sorts of environmental damage EVER... well who doesn't want that ?

I'm glad you guys are thinking hard on how to deliver this baby, but I didn't intend for it to be something that would be really difficult.
Try not making the mother an alien with acidic body fluids next time :lol: :lol: :lol:
You couldn't possibly picture it would be so hard on us... apart from a few vicious and nerdy people (like me and Xarvh) there are many things that are not used or even read in the corebook... like the rules for wearing armor... :twisted:

But if it's a RP scene, then you da boss about what can be used.

Nice to have you back.

You guys are having a discussion that I would prefer not to interrupt, so I will remain silent. Jean-Paul is sitting quietly with his wife Sarah, both of them happy about the wonderful news that you guys are helping them, but uncomfortable with being asked about where they come from.

Guys I'm sorry, I gotta go for a few weeks.

My father died without a warning yesterday from a heart attack, he was 64.

He died in his sleep, a quick soft and painless death, too old to regret anything, still young to enjoy living his life until it was over.

To me he meant the world, and now the world feels a little less shining and a lot smaller.

I'm going back to paris on the first plane home tonight to look out for my mother and sister and say goodbye, so I don't know how long it will take me to get back here.

Meanwhile, have fun ! :)

See ya around.

Cyril.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what I should do at this point. Should one of you guys take over Miss Fang? Should I? Should we pause the game for a while and come back to it later? What do you guys want to happen?

Hey guys,

I just got back yesterday in the night.

You shouldn't have waited for me this long, but that was really nice of you :)

I'll be fully operational in a few days, so we can gather for the rising !

Hey Cyl! Let's give it a day or so, then I'll move this game back to active. Keep your eyes on it folks, and we'll revive it. Need a status update from Mylinnia and Xarvh if they would still like to play.

Wha! Of course, I would like to keep up with ya ^^

Luckily I'm bored and decided to see what the heck was being talked about down here... in the Void! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back