[OOC] The Wall [Clashing Waves]

It's my birthday today, and since I think the buddhists have the right idea, everyone gets an extra 20xp as a present.

You may insta-spend this extra 20xp. :D

I'm gonna go ahead and grab those Charms we discussed a while back, k? You know, the ones that have a lot of relevance to what's going on with River.

Jukashi said:
20xp instant training!? Time to suddenly grow some claws and armour!
Happy birthday.
Maybe a few more dots in Martial Arts might be a good idea as well, since Fury seems to enjoy grappling and biting people?

When I have time! First, scary monstrousness. I am clearly not yet intimidating enough. :twisted:

No chance I could activate them both with the commitment cost now, since I'm in DBT already? :wink:

Jukashi said:
When I have time! First, scary monstrousness. I am clearly not yet intimidating enough. :twisted:
No chance I could activate them both with the commitment cost now, since I'm in DBT already? :wink:
Since it's Fury... sure.

Can I get a specific ruling on 'Child of Gaia Attunement' (pg. 6 on Laundreu's house-ruled DB Charms)? Does it work as stated or differently or can I even take it?

Thanks in advance.

Ohhh!!! I like this birthday! We get the gifts instead of vice versa!

Hehe j/k. Thank you so much and happy b-day.

Actually today is my mothers bday. Libra's...great people.

mmmh...

I've been re-reading the DB martial arts charm and noticed something that someone else once mentioned to me. I would like Tome to confirm or deny this possibility. 8)

http://www.patternspider.net/forums/vie ... =15&t=5672

As noted in the above thread, DBs appear to be able to build custom charms for any martial arts style they know/use. No, NOT heroic style charms... but.... yeah.

As far as I'm concerned, those Charms are not expansions to a Martial Arts style. They're native DB Charms that so happen to have unusual prerequisites.

Would they work with style weapons for various martial arts that the PC would know? Armour should work.

Haku said:
Well... frakk.
Is it possible to recreate it?
I'll ask Flagg to see what he can do. I didn't have any kind of backup. Even my original sketch was lost when I bought this computer. If nothing else can be done, and if Tome agrees with it, I'll just try to rewrite it as well as I can.

The other problem is that part of the background write-up is gone too.

hmmm...

I'll see what I can do... I did do a backup a few times of the original forum... but I'm not sure if there is any way of reloading just your character without nuking everything since the backup.

Haku said:
Would they work with style weapons for various martial arts that the PC would know? Armour should work.
Depends on the charm in question. What were you thinking of specifically?

Tome said:
Haku said:
Depends on the charm in question. What were you thinking of specifically?
I'm thinking a parry charm for martial arts...

Elemental Aegis Shield

cost : 2 motes

type : Reflexive

duration : Instant

keyword : combo-ok, elemental, obvious

minimum : Martial Arts 3, Essence 2

requires : any martial arts excellency

The dragonblooded may call forth her element to defend her. Spending 2 motes, the dragonblooded creates an elemental shield that blocks on-coming attacks that she is aware of.

The shield provides a shield bonus to the defense value of the dragonblooded against a single attack equal to (her essence + 1). The elemental works like a normal shield and may be circumvaded by effects that bypass shields.

The shield has elemental weakness as per Unassailable Body of (Element) Defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back