• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy (OOC) 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 (A Cyberpunk Urban Fantasy)

toxification toxification k so just how we vibing with the cyberpunk-y tech? Are we talking here:

Like sinister-near-future Black Mirror 'on the cusp of post-humanism' ~or~ more like: Cyberpunk! Mega-corps bad/corrupt with their own enforcement vs. Street samurai cyborg hacker gangs across the Sprawl?

Personally, I'm seeing a mixture of both, but three steps further back from posthumanism than black mirror is- The world of Maniac (netflix series) is a perfect example of the level of technology I envision; In the "trial" phases of posthumanist technology but not there yet. A step shy of west world. I think having high-tech law enforcement (and private mega-corp enforcement) is also something I wanna incorporate.

Personally, I'm seeing a mixture of both, but three steps further back from posthumanism than black mirror is- The world of Maniac (netflix series) is a perfect example of the level of technology I envision; In the "trial" phases of posthumanist technology but not there yet. A step shy of west world. I think having high-tech law enforcement (and private mega-corp enforcement) is also something I wanna incorporate.
K awesome cuz in my head with the whole talk of hyper-ubanization, drug syndicates, social unrest, hyper-aggressive law enforcement tactics, I envisioned the movie Dredd:

(my gosh I soooooo love that movie...)

Would it be alright if Allen were renting a space in the cafe?
Hey as long as he pays his rent on time, he can.
Or he could not pay rent and work in the cafe then he gets a free room.
Although the living room, kitchen and bathroom is shared.
Kind of like the dorms or a shared house.

Also my oc might be a pain in the ass for the high tech enforcers, since you know they have electricity, and my character yoinks that electricity.

Hey as long as he pays his rent on time, he can.
Or he could not pay rent and work in the cafe then he gets a free room.
Although the living room, kitchen and bathroom is shared.
Kind of like the dorms or a shared house.
a dorm house setup is perfect. plenty of space for Allen to demonstrate how odd their habits are.
my inner neurodivergent is very happy

Posted my WIP CS.

Got as much in as I could for the time being. Will add more!

WIP CS up. Will finish it up over the next 2 days.

I will need to think of a better name for his species.
But I'm having a hard time so any ideas people?

Ok went to a high friend and asked him, his answer just fit so perfectly Indravi.

The Siren & The Naiad done. Will add more info on the company / institute they were a part of.

should have my guy finished tomorrow.
Then the plotting will begin.

so sorry again about my inactivity. I have covid and I’m moving but I’ve been reading and I love the characters so far.

I should be able to post a cs soon enough, sorry about inactivity.
hey don’t worry. I started this and I am inactive as fuck

speaking of this though, would y’all like to establish some like customs about activity? Obviously everybody remaining active makes for a more cohesive roleplaying experience, but with the state of the world right now I seriously don’t want anyone to feel like we’ll kick them out if they cant respond with a lot of frequency. my disabled ass can’t gather the energy to reply more than once a week sometimes

how do y’all feel about this? would we like to come to a consensus about minimums for activity or would y’all rather forgo that kind of formality? it’s up to y’all, I just wanna make sure everybody’s comfortable with the environment

hey don’t worry. I started this and I am inactive as fuck

speaking of this though, would y’all like to establish some like customs about activity? Obviously everybody remaining active makes for a more cohesive roleplaying experience, but with the state of the world right now I seriously don’t want anyone to feel like we’ll kick them out if they cant respond with a lot of frequency. my disabled ass can’t gather the energy to reply more than once a week sometimes

how do y’all feel about this? would we like to come to a consensus about minimums for activity or would y’all rather forgo that kind of formality? it’s up to y’all, I just wanna make sure everybody’s comfortable with the environment
That'd be fine with me

Once every week or two sounds good, but also decent size posts each time.
so it wont end up being like this.
"Posting once every two weeks and posting only 4 lines of text."
Like at least 1/2 paragraphs, unless you are doing some talking between characters then it can be less.

K so thinkin' I'mma keep Halo/Damage as she is and double up with another charrie

It'll be Halo's cousin who is a law enforcement officer. They'll be a Supernatural persons investigator. They are called: "Hounds or Hounders" the way people call police folks "cops." So they grew up with Halo but the Hound's parents invested in 'therapy' to null/convert ther demonic possession. And so they became a cop trying to capture and 'convert' Supernaturals to be more in line with how society wants them to be using the techniques and technology that helped them 'cure' their "Preter-Sapient"-ness.

But of course they gunna struggle knowing that their cousin has gone rogue and is dancing the fine line of duty vs. blood if/when interacting with Halo.

toxification toxification Is it cool if I make the term "Preter-Sapients" for Law Enforcement peeps to be politically correct when dealing with Supernatural types. Kinda in the same vein as "Tolerance Day" we had in highschool lol

K soooooo!! WIP for Ronni/Gripper edited into the charrie thread under Halo's sheet.

Oh and new peeps please check out questionnaire in OP of this thread and answer here too pls!! Link to charrie sheets in OP as well.

Boss still gunna build plots for the "Dystopian" side.

But looks like so far "Slice-o-life" side of things are gunna revolve around a littie Internet Cafe/apartment building run by Perrun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back