• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy (OOC) 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 (A Cyberpunk Urban Fantasy)

Hello all.

Just reading over CS and plot ideas mulling over a character to add.

Very excited about where this is going.

So… should I just get to work making a character then? I mean the only thing I can really answer to right now is number 3. And I’d rather not have anything overly dark but anything else is fine with me.

Yeah, so if the question is whether we’d be more focused on the dystopian aspect or the slice-of-life aspect, I’d be more interested in slice-of-life.

1. What plot ideas do you have?
  2. Do you have any world building ideas or questions?
  3. What kinds of threads would you like to do? (Slice of life, romance, dramatic, fluff, platonic, dark, etc)
  4. What kind of relationship dynamics do you want to play out?
1. Nothing specific but give me time.
2. Tons, I am a lore and world building fiend. (My characters will come with some world lore)
3. Really aren't any themes I turn away from other than whole abusive (mental/physical)
4. Any, I live for angsty drama however.

So… should I just get to work making a character then? I mean the only thing I can really answer to right now is number 3. And I’d rather not have anything overly dark but anything else is fine with me.
go ahead and make a chara! it's all good, i only asked those questions to provide some icebreakers.

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo
yooo since you've posted your character, would you like to start plotting?
I see Halo and Allen as potentially being able to relate to each other a lot, moreso after she's fallen from grace.

The premise: A group (5-20) of supernatural friends who band together to support each other through their difficult lives; Perhaps they all meet in the same bar/cafe, perhaps the larger group is composed of smaller friend groups that are connected loosely, or perhaps they know each other some other way. Im up to sculpt this idea collaboratively.
Down for plotting. So based on int CHK I'm thinking Halo and Allen met at like a bar/cafe with the rest of the group?

Like my girlies bg is based on finding her old tight knit friend group but can be easily yeeted to just newly meeting everyone at a bar/cafe too. All good.

Buuuuuut tbh pref goes out to pre-existing relations/friends angle

Down for plotting. So based on int CHK I'm thinking Halo and Allen met at like a bar/cafe with the rest of the group?

Like my girlies bg is based on finding her old tight knit friend group but can be easily yeeted to just newly meeting everyone at a bar/cafe too. All good.

Buuuuuut tbh pref goes out to pre-existing relations/friends angle
I also prefer the β€˜everybody already knows each other’ angle.

K well so like here is what the Buggles is thinking:

Halo/Allen Backstory Tie-in with Oxi

Halo has already done the whole 'terrorist act' with the extremist group and was laying low. She flees to the city where the homeless group had taken Allen into their forest combine. She goes there because she was tipped off that her close childhood friend Oxi is there. Oxi is on the streets and homeless now.

Okscana manifested as a supernatural during puberty. But sadly to suppress the manifestation, she had her wings surgically removed and went in for 'Restructuring Treatments.' When Halo left, she dropped out of highschool and ran away from treatments. On the streets she fully turned to drugs and became an addict that had to pay to get her fix by turning tricks. Halo managed to track her down and found her in the homeless combine in the woods where Allen once lived too.

Halo took her friend off the streets and in talking with her, Halo learned that Oxi was all about 'Preter-Sapient' Civil rights and the conversation turned to empathy and POV. Change was necessary but it took a Preter-Sapient ability to get such empathy and re-adjust POV to the masses. And this is where the talk of Allen came in.

To persuade Oxi to get off the street Halo proposed that they find this Allen, this 'empathic witch' and figure out how to get them to use their power to make haters, bigots and public officials to change their ways and policies regarding the Supernatural world. Now whether or not Halo meant that, Oxi bought it and they proceeded to track down Allen.

Halo got what she wanted; her friend out of a homeless situation. So instead of finding Allen she was using her connections to find their old friends. But on a search to see how much heat Halo still had, she actually discovered Allen's location. Against better judgement she decides to check in on Allen to get a better sense about Oxi's contact.

They finally meet and what is only meant to be a day or two of recon before moving on turns into months of hanging out and becoming friends. It's tough because Halo finds it hard sometimes to read Allen and find the lucid moments, but regardless she sticks it out there, if only for her friends sake. Okscana and Halo are roommates in a complex near Allen's building. And they begin to chat about Supernatural Civil rights; there is something about this talk about Civil rights that has her hooked.

But the truth of the matter is that Halo has a secret. When she was searching to see how much heat she still had on her she discovered that Allen's name is on the sweep for 'Preter-Sapients of Interest.' And Allen is a friend. Halo left her friends behind and lost them once upon a time. She will not let that happen again..​

Last edited:
Like this sounds like I'm only including Allen and Halo with that idea but thinking that we all could like all work in backstories together when more charries get posted like if anyone wants.

Like for example, there is still the angle of others knowing Halo when she went by the name Damage when they were younger too. Sooooo open to a re-union with one of her childhood bud fo sho!!

And is this the more dystopian thread or the more slice of life thread?

and lastly I’m not sure; Maybe we could have an arch centering around the crew’s fight for civil rights.
3. I think a better word would be β€˜scenes’. I ask so that folks who want to focus more on the dystopianism vs folks who want to focus more on slice-of-life can identify one another and collab...

...The premise: A group (5-20) of supernatural friends who band together to support each other through their difficult lives; Perhaps they all meet in the same bar/cafe, perhaps the larger group is composed of smaller friend groups that are connected loosely, or perhaps they know each other some other way. Im up to sculpt this idea collaboratively.

yutohase yutohase yeah so I gots confused too about the use of 'thread' too but looks like there is only one thread that will mix all ideas. But my understanding is that RPers that want to focus on the Slice o Life will be in one friend group and the Dystopian ones will be in another one, BUT both friends groups know of each other. I think..?

I plan on having my characters up in a day or two. One is a Siren, who's mute and the other is a Naiad. They're inseparable and the Naiad speaks for both of them. (Since the Siren can't speak)

Both were raised in an institution that, on the outside, was charitable enough to take in unwanted supernatural children and educate them, however a select few of these children are trained to steal secrets from opposing companies. The Institute/Company that trained/raised them allegedly went bankrupt 18 months ago and to avoid criminal investigation they released all of their 'assests' free.

I should get my Character done by tomorrow afternoon if not by today.

But what I know is that my OC will probably run some kind of cafe preferably a PC cafe.
With a few rooms on the top floor to live/rent.

So that might be the meeting place for yall.

But what I know is that my OC will probably run some kind of cafe preferably a PC cafe.

Totally down for my characters to be renting from and maybe working for? Not in shop but delivery?

Totally down for my characters to be renting from and maybe working for? Not in shop but delivery?
They sure can rent from him, and work for him.
Although I don't know what kind of delivery a PC cafe would do, anythings possible.

They sure can rent from him, and work for him.
Although I don't know what kind of delivery a PC cafe would do, anythings possible.
I miss understood "PC cafe" as player character cafe .... Lmao

Regardless, renting from works for me!

Might double up too but leaning towards making Oxi just NPC status. Prolly drop her in the Slice o Life camp in the Politically Correct Cafe lol

Last edited:
yutohase yutohase yeah so I gots confused too about the use of 'thread' too but looks like there is only one thread that will mix all ideas. But my understanding is that RPers that want to focus on the Slice o Life will be in one friend group and the Dystopian ones will be in another one, BUT both friends groups know of each other. I think..?

All of the themes I’ve mentioned will be incorporated in this thread. I thought that β€˜thread’ referred to individual roleplaying plot components and sections of stories, not the whole roleplay itself

sorry to confuse, I just wanted to express that I want folks to be able to play with the themes of their choosing within the story

I plan on having my characters up in a day or two. One is a Siren, who's mute and the other is a Naiad. They're inseparable and the Naiad speaks for both of them. (Since the Siren can't speak)

Both were raised in an institution that, on the outside, was charitable enough to take in unwanted supernatural children and educate them, however a select few of these children are trained to steal secrets from opposing companies. The Institute/Company that trained/raised them allegedly went bankrupt 18 months ago and to avoid criminal investigation they released all of their 'assests' free.
I love this!!! This sounds like a great doorway into exploring the systemic exploitation of supernaturals.
It also makes me wonder if there are possibilities for supernatural-specific work (even if it’s black market)

Would it be alright if Allen were renting a space in the cafe?

toxification toxification k so just how we vibing with the cyberpunk-y tech? Are we talking here:

Like sinister-near-future Black Mirror 'on the cusp of post-humanism' ~or~ more like: Cyberpunk! Mega-corps bad/corrupt with their own enforcement vs. Street samurai cyborg hacker gangs across the Sprawl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back