• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC: Santa Monica Home for Boys and Girls [Reboot!]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm sorry Edric but in what kind of twisted universe do you think that we would be thinking. "Ahh this person is ruining our Roleplay. Lets fight super hard to keep him there just to be mean about him when he's saying he'll leave on his own." Sorry but like that makes no fucking sense. If we were talking about you behind your back because you were "that guys who stinks" why would we be asking you to stay!?

I am almost hurt by that assumption.
It's hard not to think about stuff like that especially because of how hostile the environment is here on this site and how I have major trust issues.

I've been the subject of people talking behind their backs about me so I honestly have no way of knowing. I've got bad trust issues but that's just one of my many flaws.

It's hard not to think about stuff like that especially because of how hostile the environment is here on this site and how I have major trust issues.
It still makes zero sense. If we didn't like RPing with you, we wouldn't be asking you to stay. Unless you think we are the sterotypical mean highschool girls inviitng someone to their table to embarrass them. In which case that kind of assumption does kinda hurt, especially after all these months of RPing.

I don't know what hostile warped part of the site you've been involved with (admittedly I avoid the 1x1 sections for 'reasons') but that's not how we do thing. Whenever I'm PMing Kai it's for character development or plotting stuff im thinking about between one of his characters and one of mine that I don't want filling the OOC. (usually because its unconfirmed, or just random, and I don't want to interupt the flow in here)

You have reasons to have trust issues. Very very valid ones from what you told us before. Which took a lot to tell us, but we've shared a lot with you as well. Would be hell of a long con to do this for 5 months if we didn't like you..

Also Kai can confirm this, half the conversations end up starting because one of us is worried we wrote a crappy post because to us it didn't look good enough, and it's always followed by the other ones having to reassure the other, with only the occasional rare critique. Most of the time the posts are fine, excellent even but we just thought we could have somehow done better, or its not as good as our past ones.

We are all our own worst critics. You might think you posts are terrible but I see a lot of potential in there, and a lot more skill than I think you realise you've got.
I know you wont believe any of this for one second, but Im saying it anyway because its the truth!

Good point I guess.

Sorry for the trouble, I'm gonna take a break. From this site rn.

Edric really you aren’t like not even a little bit “That guy” we dont talk about you behind your back that isn’t something we would do.
I get that you have trust issues and you have every right to have them but we are not the bad hostile people you may have run into.

We care about you and we love having you here thats why we so badly want to help you make Jack work so you can have fun again and so you can keep improving as a writer.

Also couple fun facts for you.
1. Like 95% of the time i think my writing and my posts are crap thats just part of it. It is soooo easy to be hyper critical of your work.

2.your not nearly as bad at this as you seem to think you are. And jack is still a great and perfectly workable character.

3. Me and Dawn are constantly bouncing ideas off of eachother if it wasnt for that my posts would be a lot and i mean a lot worse.

4. You are clearly measuring your skill off of what you perceive ours to be and that is just about the worst thing you could possibly do. Cause first of all our “skill” is completely subjective.
Second you will never write like me or like Dawn because you are not me or Dawn.
You can only write liek yourself and i think you right perfectly well.

Alright I think I'm feeling a bit better now. I'm back and willing to continue the RP and improve upon my character.

So sorry for the freak out last night. My mental health is well- less than ideal...

*offers Edric a hug*
It's cool dude. As someone whose been through some stuff of my own, even if it might not be even remotely the same I kinda get it.

Yeah hopefully. <3

Me and Kai obviously are in the middle of this scene with Felix and Asher. But that just means we have time if you want to think about, plan or discuss stuff for Jack. :)

And yea that's all good.

I was thinking of keep Jack a little on the shy side until either he gets the inspiration to (most likely going with this given everything, and making for a huge step in Jack's character development) or Asher convinces him to join the school's hockey team. Once he gets there obviously he's gonna be shy and awkward as hell but I think being there will help him branch out a little bit more and be less shy than he typically is. Idk, it was just a thought that I was thinking over, and since it's pretty soon in IC, I think I can start the Jack "re-work" now.

Hey Edric glad your feeling a bit better no need to apologize for yesterday. I could tell you were dealing with stuff and i just wanted to support you.
I am so glad to hear that you want to try and continue with the Rp i was really sad at the thought of you leaving.

Again there is nothing wrong with Jack being a little shy, just right now he's not a little shy. He's like anxiety-attack, almost afraid of even being in the same room as people antisocial.
So just working to find a way to tone it back a bit will likely do wonders.

Hey Edric glad your feeling a bit better no need to apologize for yesterday. I could tell you were dealing with stuff and i just wanted to support you.
I am so glad to hear that you want to try and continue with the Rp i was really sad at the thought of you leaving.
Thank you Kai. <3

Again there is nothing wrong with Jack being a little shy, just right now he's not a little shy. He's like anxiety-attack, almost afraid of even being in the same room as people antisocial.
So just working to find a way to tone it back a bit will likely do wonders.
Exactly, which is why I wanna re-work him because I went about creating him that way wrong. Because I didn't wanna make him magically a talkative for no reason in the mini van, I was thinking I could slowly work to him being not "anxiety attack at the thought of talking to someone" by making him join the hockey team and making him more opening up there, ya know? If you'd like to see it sooner tho, let me know.

I mean you're free to take it at your own pace. Just obviously the return to school is still a ways away.

That said, Asher had offered to give a call to the hockey team captain, and Evelyn had tried to get Jack to see if his gear still fit.
Both of these could be things that maybe play in Jack's mind as like catalysts.

I'm just pitching ideas, but obviously he might reconsider and go to meet with the hockey team captain with Asher before school even restarts. Have a shoot off arranged in the yard of the home or something. (Just chucking ideas out there) Obviously Jack would still be very awkuard and everything, but like a possible option if YOU wanted something to start with sooner. Afterall just the team captain might be a easier starting point too than Jack diving into the whole team? Idk, just a thought.

One possible scene for Jack is that if the gear didn't fit, he approaches the staff and asks if they could take him to a sport store to get like new skates or something. One of us could play the staff member if you want? Again just chucking ideas out there for you.

I mean you're free to take it at your own pace. Just obviously the return to school is still a ways away.

That said, Asher had offered to give a call to the hockey team captain, and Evelyn had tried to get Jack to see if his gear still fit.
Both of these could be things that maybe play in Jack's mind as like catalysts.

I'm just pitching ideas, but obviously he might reconsider and go to meet with the hockey team captain with Asher before school even restarts. Have a shoot off arranged in the yard of the home or something. (Just chucking ideas out there) Obviously Jack would still be very awkuard and everything, but like a possible option if YOU wanted something to start with sooner. Afterall just the team captain might be a easier starting point too than Jack diving into the whole team? Idk, just a thought.
Alright I didn't realize it was that far. I can change my plans and rush it a bit more then.

I might end up having Jack ask Asher about that whole hockey team offer and calling up the captain, of course the very fact that he's asking Asher this being a big step in his personality.

And he's 100% going to reconsider the offer from Asher and the captain and attempt to join the hockey team, that I want. It's just a matter of when now. :)

One possible scene for Jack is that if the gear didn't fit, he approaches the staff and asks if they could take him to a sport store to get like new skates or something. One of us could play the staff member if you want? Again just chucking ideas out there for you.
This could work too!

And yea dw, I love the throwing out random potential ideas!

Yeah all these are great ideas Dawn.
Like Dawn said tho we want to help give you ideas or ways to help bring jack out of his shell and stuff but it all needs to happen in your time what you feel comfortable with. Its not about us and what we want its what will help the character feel better for you

Thanks the both of ya. He'll definitely be undergoing some major changes, it’s just a matter of when and how to execute it.

Yeah exactly. We want to help give you the tools and ideas to make Jack fun to play for you.
Your know what'll feels right.

The going shopping with one of the staff / volunteers came to mind because like Jack doesn't have to suddenly retaliate against the 'I don't need friends' mindset and instead it'd be like - they are just an adult taking care of me. Like taking with a teacher. Don't hav eto be their friend or anything.

But it'd still need Jack to take charge and initiate something, give Jack someone to talk to and maybe soften up. Maybe it can be someone he builds up some rapport and friendship with through it? Idk.

Yea got it. I definitely think I'll make Jack much better at talking to adults than to kids his age or around that, so if we did that scene I'd definitely give you something to work with, dw.

Yeah like you just gotta think we have been playing for months and we are on day 2 so we really dont know how long its gonna be until school gets here could be a lot quicker then we think if we rush through things but it could take a lot longer.

A thought i had cause you mentioned the school shopping trip Edric.

I dont think the idea Dawn had with that was ever really about Jack just suddenly being talkative or anything my understanding and this is probably more appealing to you for Jacks development. My understanding was the idea was just a situation where Jack was forced to be around everyone so even tho yeah he would still be quiet and not really want to talk to anyone he would still be around them see how much fun they are having and sorta start to see that maybe they aren’t so bad. So he can kinda be like maybe i dont have to be so terrified of even being in the same room as them.

More so making it something for jack to think about and give him a little push to maybe even if he doesn’t talk much idk sit at the table when everyone is eating rather than run away to his room ya know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back