• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [OOC] Riftwalkers 2033

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Wrote Elki and Merk's relationships onto Ari's sheet! I can see her looking forward to how well they'll mesh together within a platoon rather than separately (see: how Edel would handle it because it's funny to see her friend struggle sometimes)

First off, I absolutely adore each and every one of the characters so far! I am very thankful for everyone's efforts and dedication in reading and incorporating the lore. I'll just be jotting down some comments, questions, and suggestions to ensure that everything will seamlessly fit into the plot.

1. Marielle "Ari" McCoy ( AI10100 AI10100 ) - I love your attention the lore! I think it's interesting how she originated from a lost timeline. Her magic is also very unique! I think this is the first time I've encountered Typhokinesis as a magic in an RP. Although, question: for her spell "Hallucinogen", you specifically wrote "people" so I take it that this has no effect on anomalies with the right organs for inhalation? And will the people be cured of their hallucination once they step out of the smoke?
  2. Rex Gideon ( Tyranasaurus Rex Tyranasaurus Rex ) - The big guy sounds like an interesting addition to the cast. I love the Jurassic theme! His abilities sound pretty straightforward too. I'm not sure if your CS is already finish, but you might have missed giving him an age and a weakness write-up. Additionally, a quick description of what each spell does will help us envision the range of his powers.
  3. Elki Viren ( DirtyBirdyAK DirtyBirdyAK ) - First off, thank you for putting all the effort to make your sheet look so pretty! I'm having fun clicking all the fun stuff! I also like how she came from a defunct timeline. Although a quick revision might be needed regarding her birth. A rift would have opened the moment she was born and an anomaly would've attacked. She could've somehow survived that and escaped the Infinity, but strange events would be following her throughout her life. It could be seeing "ghosts" every now and then, or minor mishaps like light bulbs exploding when Elki have an "aha!" moment. The rest works fine! Love your creativity!
  4. Karin Nakamura ( Topless Topless ) - Aww, I adore her. I don't really have much to say since her ability is pretty straightforward and everything else checks out! You're accepted!
  5. Mercurius “Merk” Cyphus ( Agent23 Agent23 ) - Oooh, interesting concept, love how he came from a post-apocalyptic timeline and is our local mutated cowboy. I might need a little clarification on the "Can double or triple charge spells by using additional hands" phrase though. Can you help me understand more thoroughly what you mean by that, and maybe give an example?
As requested, I skipped Dan for now Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum . Let me know when you want me to review her!
I will work on it.

It only took me a day to put the cs out, yikes -- I had it finished yesterday but went to sleep before I could post it 😔

Also! Please tell me if anything needs nerfing or fixing bc I wrote the weaknesses way after I wrote the spells when I saw the update so 🤡

It only took me a day to put the cs out, yikes -- I had it finished yesterday but went to sleep before I could post it 😔

Also! Please tell me if anything needs nerfing or fixing bc I wrote the weaknesses way after I wrote the spells when I saw the update so 🤡
GETO???

First off, I absolutely adore each and every one of the characters so far! I am very thankful for everyone's efforts and dedication in reading and incorporating the lore. I'll just be jotting down some comments, questions, and suggestions to ensure that everything will seamlessly fit into the plot.

1. Marielle "Ari" McCoy ( AI10100 AI10100 ) - I love your attention the lore! I think it's interesting how she originated from a lost timeline. Her magic is also very unique! I think this is the first time I've encountered Typhokinesis as a magic in an RP. Although, question: for her spell "Hallucinogen", you specifically wrote "people" so I take it that this has no effect on anomalies with the right organs for inhalation? And will the people be cured of their hallucination once they step out of the smoke?
  2. Rex Gideon ( Tyranasaurus Rex Tyranasaurus Rex ) - The big guy sounds like an interesting addition to the cast. I love the Jurassic theme! His abilities sound pretty straightforward too. I'm not sure if your CS is already finish, but you might have missed giving him an age and a weakness write-up. Additionally, a quick description of what each spell does will help us envision the range of his powers.
  3. Elki Viren ( DirtyBirdyAK DirtyBirdyAK ) - First off, thank you for putting all the effort to make your sheet look so pretty! I'm having fun clicking all the fun stuff! I also like how she came from a defunct timeline. Although a quick revision might be needed regarding her birth. A rift would have opened the moment she was born and an anomaly would've attacked. She could've somehow survived that and escaped the Infinity, but strange events would be following her throughout her life. It could be seeing "ghosts" every now and then, or minor mishaps like light bulbs exploding when Elki have an "aha!" moment. The rest works fine! Love your creativity!
  4. Karin Nakamura ( Topless Topless ) - Aww, I adore her. I don't really have much to say since her ability is pretty straightforward and everything else checks out! You're accepted!
  5. Mercurius “Merk” Cyphus ( Agent23 Agent23 ) - Oooh, interesting concept, love how he came from a post-apocalyptic timeline and is our local mutated cowboy. I might need a little clarification on the "Can double or triple charge spells by using additional hands" phrase though. Can you help me understand more thoroughly what you mean by that, and maybe give an example?
As requested, I skipped Dan for now Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum . Let me know when you want me to review her!
you can now

DirtyBirdyAK DirtyBirdyAK I wanted to discuss Edel and Elki's relationship with you if possible. I was thinking that given Elki's importance to the organization as one of its best (and remaining) Doctors, Edel was told to keep a close eye on her and keep her safety a priority. Needless to say, Edel might become a pain in the bum for Elki especially when she wants to conduct secret projects.

Also can you tell me more about Project Zeta and the other projects that Elki has been working on? I need to measure how important she is in the eyes of the Council. Feel free to send me a private message instead if you'd like to keep some things confidential. :closedeyessmile:
Sorry for the late reply - I was getting tattooed all day and crashed when I got home. :sleeping:

I love that, and it totally makes sense. I think based off her personality traits alone Elki would see a lot of herself in her, but also be a little saddened by her dedication. Elki is not distrusting of Infinity exactly, but she's not 100% either, if that makes sense.

Project Zeta was specific to undoing her personal nanites, should she ever want to age normally or otherwise remove them. She specifically kept it a secret because she knew that The Council would not back a project that would allow her to remove one of the things that makes her so effective, while also shortening her as of yet undetermined life span.

I'll message you directly about other potential stuff!~ :cheshiregrin:

eimpress eimpress AI10100 AI10100 Agent23 Agent23 - I've added little relationship blurbs! I'll make formatting pretty later.

Topless Topless I think it's safe to assume Elki would have played a role if not helped design Karin's legs! She loves making prosthetics.

Hi everyone! I updated the Lore and added a few things about tech, especially the neurochips in your heads. :smilepuff:

Sorry for the late reply - I was getting tattooed all day and crashed when I got home. :sleeping:

I love that, and it totally makes sense. I think based off her personality traits alone Elki would see a lot of herself in her, but also be a little saddened by her dedication. Elki is not distrusting of Infinity exactly, but she's not 100% either, if that makes sense.

Project Zeta was specific to undoing her personal nanites, should she ever want to age normally or otherwise remove them. She specifically kept it a secret because she knew that The Council would not back a project that would allow her to remove one of the things that makes her so effective, while also shortening her as of yet undetermined life span.

I'll message you directly about other potential stuff!~ :cheshiregrin:
No problem, I hope you like your tattoo!
Thanks for letting me know more about Project Zeta. I think it's a very interesting project but I'm not sure if the Infinity will share the sentiment. :smilepuff:

And finally finished my CS! Looking forward to fill that relationship section!

I guess we could do that.
Only if it makes sense for her story of course! I'd love to plot for them - Elki's lab/workspace was always open for injuries or other visits.

Hi, everyone! I will be reviewing your character sheets now. There are many but I'm hoping that I'd get to finish all today. :smilepuff:

Character Sheets Review #2
It goes without saying that I appreciate each and everyone's time and effort dedicated into making your character sheets! I'll be jotting down some comments, suggestions, and questions for you here to make sure that your characters will fit in nicely into the story and its lore.

1. Rex Gideon ( Tyranasaurus Rex Tyranasaurus Rex ) - Thanks for working on my prior comments! Rex is now accepted, but I just want to clarify that any force akin to an explosion of a rocket or missile will affect Rex (while using his dino skin and transformation). This is for balance sake since anomalies don't really employ such weaponries.
  2. Danielle "Dan" Moore ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum ) - There's our Doraemon! I love Dan and I'm excited to see her work with the team. I just want to point out a little thing in her backstory: She would have graduated and been assigned a platoon at the age of 18. Riftwalkers can only be deployed to a platoon after that age. Apologies, I forgot to put this in the lore. Aside from that, you're pretty much accepted!
  3. Siaosi Esau ( Ambiloquous Ambiloquous ) - I love everything about your sheet! It is very aesthetically pleasing, and Siaosi is a very unique addition to the cast. I also love the creativity behind his tattoo magic and the irony of his phobia! I just have a quick question for his "Become Blob (star)" spell: can he stay as a tattoo indefinitely without interference?
  4. Sophia L. Hamilton ( Lily_G Lily_G ) - It's nice to have another healer in the team! I think Sophia is an interesting character, but I just want to point out a conflict to the lore and my personal comfort. The Infinity wouldn't deploy her to missions if she is physically a child not only due to its fragility but also story reasons. This is also why Riftwalkers are only allowed to be a part of a Platoon once they've reached 18. I am also personally not fond of the "adult but in a child's body" trope. Riftwalkers can't volunteer to be a part of the platoon but are instead designated into one once they're deemed capable enough. My suggestion is that Sophia could've been reverted to a young adult version of herself and was delegated to Platoon 5 due to the usefulness of her healing magic and past contribution to the organization. Edel is one of the best soldiers the Infinity has and can ensure her safety in the field.
  5. Noc Calde ( mysteryxio mysteryxio ) - Noc is a very cool character and I can't wait to see him in action. There are just a few conflicts in his backstory that I think we can fix quite easily. First off, every Riftwalker is usually taken by the Infinity immediately after they were born. Elki and Ari are special case, and I'm unfortunately not accepting anymore. My suggestion is that he was taken and grew up in the Infinity headquarters but maybe he never wanted to be a soldier and instead longs for a normal life. Riftwalkers are also rarely allowed to work alone, so perhaps he was instead assigned to a small platoon that specialized in recon missions where mostly everyone kept to themselves.

Alright, phew, I hope that's everyone. As usual, feel free to tag or privately message me if you want to discuss certain things. Thanks! :smilepuff:

It goes without saying that I appreciate each and everyone's time and effort dedicated into making your character sheets! I'll be jotting down some comments, suggestions, and questions for you here to make sure that your characters will fit in nicely into the story and its lore.

1. Rex Gideon ( Tyranasaurus Rex Tyranasaurus Rex ) - Thanks for working on my prior comments! Rex is now accepted, but I just want to clarify that any force akin to an explosion of a rocket or missile will affect Rex (while using his dino skin and transformation). This is for balance sake since anomalies don't really employ such weaponries.
  2. Danielle "Dan" Moore ( Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum ) - There's our Doraemon! I love Dan and I'm excited to see her work with the team. I just want to point out a little thing in her backstory: She would have graduated and been assigned a platoon at the age of 18. Riftwalkers can only be deployed to a platoon after that age. Apologies, I forgot to put this in the lore. Aside from that, you're pretty much accepted!
  3. Siaosi Esau ( Ambiloquous Ambiloquous ) - I love everything about your sheet! It is very aesthetically pleasing, and Siaosi is a very unique addition to the cast. I also love the creativity behind his tattoo magic and the irony of his phobia! I just have a quick question for his "Become Blob (star)" spell: can he stay as a tattoo indefinitely without interference?
  4. Sophia L. Hamilton ( Lily_G Lily_G ) - It's nice to have another healer in the team! I think Sophia is an interesting character, but I just want to point out a conflict to the lore and my personal comfort. The Infinity wouldn't deploy her to missions if she is physically a child not only due to its fragility but also story reasons. This is also why Riftwalkers are only allowed to be a part of a Platoon once they've reached 18. I am also personally not fond of the "adult but in a child's body" trope. Riftwalkers can't volunteer to be a part of the platoon but are instead designated into one once they're deemed capable enough. My suggestion is that Sophia could've been reverted to a young adult version of herself and was delegated to Platoon 5 due to the usefulness of her healing magic and past contribution to the organization. Edel is one of the best soldiers the Infinity has and can ensure her safety in the field.
  5. Noc Calde ( mysteryxio mysteryxio ) - Noc is a very cool character and I can't wait to see him in action. There are just a few conflicts in his backstory that I think we can fix quite easily. First off, every Riftwalker is usually taken by the Infinity immediately after they were born. Elki and Ari are special case, and I'm unfortunately not accepting anymore. My suggestion is that he was taken and grew up in the Infinity headquarters but maybe he never wanted to be a soldier and instead longs for a normal life. Riftwalkers are also rarely allowed to work alone, so perhaps he was instead assigned to a small platoon that specialized in recon missions where mostly everyone kept to themselves.

Alright, phew, I hope that's everyone. As usual, feel free to tag or privately message me if you want to discuss certain things. Thanks! :smilepuff:
Muchas gracias, eimpress! I shall do that change right now 🫡

Sophia L. Hamilton ( Lily_G Lily_G ) - It's nice to have another healer in the team! I think Sophia is an interesting character, but I just want to point out a conflict to the lore and my personal comfort. The Infinity wouldn't deploy her to missions if she is physically a child not only due to its fragility but also story reasons. This is also why Riftwalkers are only allowed to be a part of a Platoon once they've reached 18. I am also personally not fond of the "adult but in a child's body" trope. Riftwalkers can't volunteer to be a part of the platoon but are instead designated into one once they're deemed capable enough. My suggestion is that Sophia could've been reverted to a young adult version of herself and was delegated to Platoon 5 due to the usefulness of her healing magic and past contribution to the organization. Edel is one of the best soldiers the Infinity has and can ensure her safety in the field.
Yeah I totally understand and apologize if what I thought was just slightly going outside the box end up causing you discomfort. I will try adjusting things like physical age, measurement, personality and background to fit your suggestion once I have access to my PC in a few hours.

Yeah I totally understand and apologize if what I thought was just slightly going outside the box end up causing you discomfort. I will try adjusting things like physical age, measurement, personality and background to fit your suggestion once I have access to my PC in a few hours.
There's nothing to apologize about, friend! You couldn't have known about my preference. Thanks for your understanding.

• Siaosi Esau ( Ambiloquous Ambiloquous ) - I love everything about your sheet! It is very aesthetically pleasing, and Siaosi is a very unique addition to the cast. I also love the creativity behind his tattoo magic and the irony of his phobia! I just have a quick question for his "Become Blob (star)" spell: can he stay as a tattoo indefinitely without interference?
Oh, I didn't think about that! 🤔 He prolly shouldn't be able to, but after seeing Sophia's sheet and how it only had two spells, I want to take it out more than I want to fix it. Tbh, I put it in more because everyone else put three so I thought I should, which is why it doesn't really fit the other two (and it's so short hrrffjfjfj). So yeah, is that okay? Instead of putting in a time limit, I'll just remove it from the sheet entirely.

Oh, I didn't think about that! 🤔 He prolly shouldn't be able to, but after seeing Sophia's sheet and how it only had two spells, I want to take it out more than I want to fix it. Tbh, I put it in more because everyone else put three so I thought I should, which is why it doesn't really fit the other two (and it's so short hrrffjfjfj). So yeah, is that okay? Instead of putting in a time limit, I'll just remove it from the sheet entirely.
It's okay Ami, I have no spells whatsoever! 💪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back