OOC Discussion

Hey everyone, sorry for the late reply, just got home from work! 

I like the ball idea. I do think that if we are following the storyline we've come up with so far, the princess should be moving to Valdor (eventually). Though of course there can always be some travelling etc.

I feel ready to start when everyone else is! We can always discuss as we go.

I like the ball idea as well!

Should we maybe have a discussion thread for both the kingdoms so we can all work the out the relationship between the characters without spamming the other kingdom?

I like the ball idea as well!

Should we maybe have a discussion thread for both the kingdoms so we can all work the out the relationship between the characters without spamming the other kingdom?

If you want you guys should be able to start a thread in the menu itself.

Guys the RP post was up!!!! You've got to forgive my writing XD It's not great. Tell me if I need to change anything.

@Proxploxtopsalso just so you know your event happened before the ball, and it's part of the reason why the betrothal is happening.

How long do you think he will be away?

@Proxploxtopsalso just so you know your event happened before the ball, and it's part of the reason why the betrothal is happening.

How long do you think he will be away?

He'll likely be away for another two week s or so as he's currently trying to reorganize and is far from the border, not to mention dealing with thieves and barbarians. He's also making a mad dash to the capital.

If you want, I can extend the time.

He'll likely be away for another two week s or so as he's currently trying to reorganize and is far from the border, not to mention dealing with thieves and barbarians. He's also making a mad dash to the capital.

If you want, I can extend the time.

I'm thinking he comes back after the betrothal was settled. So yeah. Earlier than that the king might just cancel the whole thing XD

I'm thinking he comes back after the betrothal was settled. So yeah. Earlier than that the king might just cancel the whole thing XD

Exactly xD. It'll definitely be way after the betrothal when he comes back. Perhaps when he comes back, the king would be dieing from age or illness? That might add more drama to the plot.

Exactly xD. It'll definitely be way after the betrothal when he comes back. Perhaps when he comes back, the king would be dieing from age or illness? That might add more drama to the plot.

We will see how it goes. That should be way after though.

@budgieboo, @Proxploxtops and @Osthavula, I was thinking more on the current Queen of Valdor and what she should be like, seeing as we haven't discussed her yet. I feel like she should be quite similar to Alex in terms of liking nice things and all that, but not super superficial. How about we make her love both her twins, and also Victoria, despite her not being her own child. She has no real reason to hate Victoria with her mother dead and her sons guaranteed the throne over her anyway.

However , I was thinking that the queen could have a real thing against Adelaide because the King had not let her in on the decision, and worse than that, the country the queen is from had terrible relations with Palimino.

Also, I should have my first post done in the next few hours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@budgieboo, @Proxploxtops and @Osthavula, I was thinking more on the current Queen of Valdor and what she should be like, seeing as we haven't discussed her yet. I feel like she should be quite similar to Alex in terms of liking nice things and all that, but not super superficial. How about we make her love both her twins, and also Victoria, despite her not being her own child. She has no real reason to hate Victoria with her mother dead and her sons guaranteed the throne over her anyway.

However , I was thinking that the queen could have a real thing against Adelaide because the King had not let her in on the decision, and worse than that, the country the queen is from had terrible relations with Palimino.

Also, I should have my first post done in the next few hours. 

If in that case, maybe the people around the queen doesn't want her so associate with Victoria as much, since she was the cursed child and from different queen? I'm sorry that I seems to distanced Victoria from most of the people, but that's just how I feel it turned out to be, that after Robert's incident she tries to get in touch with people again, but with struggle because she isolated herself for so long.

Whether she dislike Adelaide's mother has to be discussed though, although she not taking part in the decision make sense, especially at this point the prince doesn't seem to know it yet.

If in that case, maybe the people around the queen doesn't want her so associate with Victoria as much, since she was the cursed child and from different queen? I'm sorry that I seems to distanced Victoria from most of the people, but that's just how I feel it turned out to be, that after Robert's incident she tries to get in touch with people again, but with struggle because she isolated herself for so long.

Whether she dislike Adelaide's mother has to be discussed though, although she not taking part in the decision make sense, especially at this point the prince doesn't seem to know it yet.

Perhaps, but maybe it's just that she has nothing personal against Victoria, but doesn't make an effort to get closer or further away from her. So when Victoria distanced herself, she didn't try to bring her back into the family, but wouldn't have minded if she had decided to become more involved. Maybe she would only take action around the 'cursed' thing if Victoria displayed it in a way that it would hurt her sons or herself. 

Oh, I didn't mean she had anything against Adelaide's mother, rather she hates Palimino as a whole because of the negative relations that Palimino and the kingdom she was born in had (for whatever reason, haven't thought that far yet). 

Perhaps, but maybe it's just that she has nothing personal against Victoria, but doesn't make an effort to get closer or further away from her. So when Victoria distanced herself, she didn't try to bring her back into the family, but wouldn't have minded if she had decided to become more involved. Maybe she would only take action around the 'cursed' thing if Victoria displayed it in a way that it would hurt her sons or herself. 

Oh, I didn't mean she had anything against Adelaide's mother, rather she hates Palimino as a whole because of the negative relations that Palimino and the kingdom she was born in had (for whatever reason, haven't thought that far yet). 

I was thinking about that maybe there are other country involved in the "troubled times". Make sense if there is a third factor in.

We both know Valdor would have old history with some other kingdoms, though I'm not sure for Palimino yet. Maybe I need a bit more about Palimino other than it has more freedom. What do you think though?

I was thinking about that maybe there are other country involved in the "troubled times". Make sense if there is a third factor in.

We both know Valdor would have old history with some other kingdoms, though I'm not sure for Palimino yet. Maybe I need a bit more about Palimino other than it has more freedom. What do you think though?

Not sure how important it would be to our plot but how about Palimino has one dark moment in recent history which was slavery? Here's what I came up with: 

A company of people were obtaining people from the Queen's old kingdom, let's call it The Vale for now, and they were sending these people across the border to Palimino where the rich would buy them to carry out unpaid labour, usually in fields and the like. This got to the point where people were getting kidnapped off the city streets of The Vale, as well as from poor villages and towns. Palimino was becoming more prosperous than ever in trade, particularly with The Vale who had high demand for the produce their own people were producing, little to their knowledge. Over the years, the company grew bigger and more powerful, until they were found out by The Vale and brought to an end. However, afraid of being found out, many slave owners in Palimino opted to kill there slaves and bury or burn them to avoid their own possible deaths. This resulted in hundreds, possibly thousands of Vale citizens murdered. The company was said to have connections to the royal court of Palimino and this suspicion was only fueled when the events were never released to the public of Palimino. To this day, most of Palimino are not still not aware of past slaves from The Vale, though those from The Vale have held a grudge against every member of Palimino and still do to this day.

Somehow, Palimino was able to keep it's image clean despite this.

This isn't to say Palimino is a bad kingdom at all, probably the opposite, but every country has corruption and the majority of people have no control over it. Also, this doesn't even have to be relevant to our story, just a tid-bit of history. 

What do you think? Particularly those who are playing Palimino characters.

Not sure how important it would be to our plot but how about Palimino has one dark moment in recent history which was slavery? Here's what I came up with: 

A company of people were obtaining people from the Queen's old kingdom, let's call it The Vale for now, and they were sending these people across the border to Palimino where the rich would buy them to carry out unpaid labour, usually in fields and the like. This got to the point where people were getting kidnapped off the city streets of The Vale, as well as from poor villages and towns. Palimino was becoming more prosperous than ever in trade, particularly with The Vale who had high demand for the produce their own people were producing, little to their knowledge. Over the years, the company grew bigger and more powerful, until they were found out by The Vale and brought to an end. However, afraid of being found out, many slave owners in Palimino opted to kill there slaves and bury or burn them to avoid their own possible deaths. This resulted in hundreds, possibly thousands of Vale citizens murdered. The company was said to have connections to the royal court of Palimino and this suspicion was only fueled when the events were never released to the public of Palimino. To this day, most of Palimino are not still not aware of past slaves from The Vale, though those from The Vale have held a grudge against every member of Palimino and still do to this day.

Somehow, Palimino was able to keep it's image clean despite this.

This isn't to say Palimino is a bad kingdom at all, probably the opposite, but every country has corruption and the majority of people have no control over it. Also, this doesn't even have to be relevant to our story, just a tid-bit of history. 

What do you think? Particularly those who are playing Palimino characters.

Sounds alright to me, but again this need characters from Palimino's approval.

I think in all parents generation they had all been through some kind of war. Perhaps an agreement ceased it between kingdoms, but they still have grudges?

Sounds alright to me, but again this need characters from Palimino's approval.

I think in all parents generation they had all been through some kind of war. Perhaps an agreement ceased it between kingdoms, but they still have grudges?

Yeah, we'll wait to hear from them about that. 

Okay, that could work. Should we come up with specifics for what the war was about or just leave it vague for now?

Yeah, we'll wait to hear from them about that. 

Okay, that could work. Should we come up with specifics for what the war was about or just leave it vague for now?

Well, we might need something soon because I imagine it happened not too far after the betrothal and after robert returned. It's more like something is brewing and once it starts all other little problems can happen, ceasing the chance.

Well, we might need something soon because I imagine it happened not too far after the betrothal and after robert returned. It's more like something is brewing and once it starts all other little problems can happen, ceasing the chance.

Wait, what happened not too far after the betrothal? So there was a war during the parent's childhood (or around that time), then the fighting stopped due to an agreement, but there was still resentment and that leads into something else after the marriage and Robert's return? Just want to make sure I'm on the right track before I start thinking of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back