OOC Chat

Bill_y'know.gif

Oh, what could YOU possibly do to US?

giphy.gif

Have all the parties...

Agh!!! naming characters is hard. I'm on my 3rd name for her...

I like to hide a meaning in my characters' names. I do it practically every time, save for some exceptions.

Alcides is another, much rarer way of saying Hercules (mind you, Hercules was a demigod.)

Mordred was one of the knights of the round table, believed to be either Arthur's brother or son. Ahriman, or Angra Mainyu on the other hand is the Zorostarian God of evil, the opposite of Ahura Mazda, or Ormuzd.

Mephistopheles means "He who shuns from light," and is a demon from the Faustian Legend, believed to be the opposite and counterpart of Lucifer/Satan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to hide a meaning in my characters' names. I do it practically every time, save for some exceptions.

Alcides is another, much rarer way of saying Hercules (mind you, Hercules was a demigod.)

Mordred was one of the knights of the round table, believed to be either Arthur's brother or son. Ahriman, or Angra Mainyu on the other hand is the Zorostarian God of evil, the opposite of Ahura Mazda, or Ormuzd.

Mephistopheles means "He who shuns from light," and is a demon from the Faustian Legend, believed to be the opposite and counterpart of Lucifer/Satan.

i also give my character's name meaning, but it's tough to find ones that appropriately convey the meaning, evoke an image, and roll off the tongue well...

i also give my character's name meaning, but it's tough to find ones that appropriately convey the meaning, evoke an image, and roll off the tongue well...

Well.

I think Mephistopheles was mildly fitting. Remember how fond Mephisto was of sleeping? "Shuns from light," Huh?

I don't think it's that hard if you know any mythologies/stories to take inspirations from. For a writer like me, that's a good way of getting substance to mold.

Well.

I think Mephistopheles was mildly fitting. Remember how fond Mephisto was of sleeping? "Shuns from light," Huh?

I don't think it's that hard if you know any mythologies/stories to take inspirations from. For a writer like me, that's a good way of getting substance to mold.

Ah... I tend to shy away from mythology. I prefer my characters to be built from the ground rather than attempting to associate them with grand tales.

Anyway, I'll see how Oletha feels by the end of today and see if I need to change it.

Ah... I tend to shy away from mythology. I prefer my characters to be built from the ground rather than attempting to associate them with grand tales.

Anyway, I'll see how Oletha feels by the end of today and see if I need to change it.

Again, I don't really like to associate them with anything either. Mordred for example was a malicious, sinister plotter in the Arthurian Legend. Here, he's a demon, but not really a plotter or sinister. In-fact, he's quite cheery and can be nice, if you read his personality. I set the names only if I have something to associate them with and if they fit.

I think i can comfortably say that I have completed my character. It maybe way too verbose.

Oh no is Chosen dead?? 

Mmmmmm also feeling a wave of character inspiration (though I may just c/p Talion in here cuz I want to use him ;-;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back