OOC chat

Phew, all that reading took a lot of brainpower. At least I'm all caught up now!

Kappa

Alright, I think I get it. Even though my character won't be a Magical Girl, it'll be good to know these things since she'll be working with one xD

Alright, I think I get it. Even though my character won't be a Magical Girl, it'll be good to know these things since she'll be working with one xD

right. As long as you managed to slog through my amazing inability to express myself, it shouldn´t have been too complicated to get a general grasp. Since each part is connected to the others there´s a lot to of rince and repeat there.

I had a lot more background to cover than I thought I did xD  I hope it's not too long for you.

I had a lot more background to cover than I thought I did xD  I hope it's not too long for you.

no character background is too much for me! ;)  It might take a little longer to review, that´s all.

tumblr_o47qxmXv9q1ta7pubo1_500.gif

In the meantime, feel free to make an extra character if you want!

no character background is too much for me! ;)  It might take a little longer to review, that´s all.

View attachment 192135

In the meantime, feel free to make an extra character if you want!

I'll think about it. I don't really have any ideas though :/

Well... Other than the Idea standing in front of me, I mean :P

I guess I could elaborate on Tamara's older sister... I don't know how interested anyone would be in her, though.

All the work you've put into everything so far o3o

awww thanks! :3 Makes me really hyped, but also so indecisive... Being impartial about that list of genres for example, now I can´t decide what kind of character I want!

tumblr_mxw2q4e5Rl1rbnx7io1_500.gif

So I wanna talk! I wanna chat with you guys about the RP and maybe even more! xD  

Alright then! I'll chat you up about the character idea I had! :D

Maybe knowing what other people are thinking up will help you thinking up the ideas too!

My basic concept right now revolves around the Khakkhara, the classic 'Monk Staff' that you might see in anime. Meant as both a symbol of power and a moderately practical weapon, I thought it'd be a great start. Then I took the idea a step further, what if the staff which is normally meant to alert others to the approach of a monk, were to allow the monk to become more aware of /their/ surroundings? Or even of themselves?

Thus was born the idea I'm still trying to piece together in my head. So far the power list focuses primarily on 'air' and 'wind' based ability, tied to combat wisdom and finesse over strength. The staff, in my mind, projects a radius around itself that when planted in the ground makes the magical girl (who I don't even have a name for yet D: ) very acutely aware of her surroundings (in that radius) and as she gets better with it, of her enemy's weakness, her strengths, and so on. She'd also be able to cast wind type abilities within that radius, or when wearing and wielding the staff. But wielding the staff would limit or remove her ability to detect her surroundings, which I think sounds like a fair trade off.

Still so much to come up with though! I'm at a loss myself, I just have too many ideas >o<

@Pinkalyn I know I already asked you this on your profile, but where is your avatar from? I have a picture of a Lamia just like that xD

Sorry, I forgot to reply, but I borrowed this from a google image search. The origin is apparently a skilled deviantart artist (my google search led to photobucket), but if you've ever image searched Lamia, this has probably come up.

Maybe knowing what other people are thinking up will help you thinking up the ideas too!

My basic concept right now revolves around the Khakkhara, the classic 'Monk Staff' that you might see in anime. Meant as both a symbol of power and a moderately practical weapon, I thought it'd be a great start. Then I took the idea a step further, what if the staff which is normally meant to alert others to the approach of a monk, were to allow the monk to become more aware of /their/ surroundings? Or even of themselves?

Thus was born the idea I'm still trying to piece together in my head. So far the power list focuses primarily on 'air' and 'wind' based ability, tied to combat wisdom and finesse over strength. The staff, in my mind, projects a radius around itself that when planted in the ground makes the magical girl (who I don't even have a name for yet D: ) very acutely aware of her surroundings (in that radius) and as she gets better with it, of her enemy's weakness, her strengths, and so on. She'd also be able to cast wind type abilities within that radius, or when wearing and wielding the staff. But wielding the staff would limit or remove her ability to detect her surroundings, which I think sounds like a fair trade off.

Still so much to come up with though! I'm at a loss myself, I just have too many ideas >o<

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Sorry, I forgot to reply, but I borrowed this from a google image search. The origin is apparently a skilled deviantart artist (my google search led to photobucket), but if you've ever image searched Lamia, this has probably come up.

Yes and no xD I've seen the Lamia, but not that specific picture. Here's the picture I borrowed for one of my characters:

large.Emma.jpeg.b6d75359a8334a3e2da13a6f48a8b60c.jpeg

tumblr_lz597c6WQP1qk9y3u.gif

wow, nice going!

tumblr_o47qxmXv9q1ta7pubo1_500.gif

Such a detailed idea from such a simple thing... I´m proud of ya. :)  Ta have ya in me roleplay.

All I´ve come up with so far is that I want one of my characters to be hardwired for combat and another focused more on the cutesy side of it. The first I want her to kinda have this techy fighting style, while with the other one I want maybe something pertaining to dogs? Hmmm...  It would seem all the typing before left me empty-brained for a while, lol...

View attachment 192158

anyway, what genres are you aiming for? I can´t really fully decide on mine...

Date_a_live.yoshino.gif

Also, what do you think of the mechanic regarding magical girl´s death?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 192161

wow, nice going!

View attachment 192155

Such a detailed idea from such a simple thing... I´m proud of ya. :)  Ta have ya in me roleplay.

All I´ve come up with so far is that I want one of my characters to be hardwired for combat and another focused more on the cutesy side of it. The first I want her to kinda have this techy fighting style, while with the other one I want maybe something pertaining to dogs? Hmmm...  It would seem all the typing before left me empty-brained for a while, lol...

View attachment 192158

anyway, what genres are you aiming for? I can´t really fully decide on mine...

View attachment 192160

Also, what do you think of the mechanic regarding magical girl´s death?

The spirit guiding her is based on Hachiman, a Kami known commonly in folklore to have carried the Khakkhara. He was basically the guardian of soldiers, and thus would be fairly militaristic, setting at least one genre (if I'm understanding correctly we should have multiples). For other options I'm looking at Occult, which covers the use of the Khakkhara as a magical divining tool based on its symbolism. This covers two of her primary abilities, enhanced self and enhanced perception. If we're expected to have four to begin with, then that leaves two open slots which would likely go to Paranormal, and cover either summoning or banishment rites she might eventually learn, and depending on how much of a 'bad girl' I decide to make the magical girl herself, I might have Gothic as a theme that ties more closely to her personal interests, which would reinforce Paranormal and its ties to summoning and banishing in new and exciting ways.

To be honest, though, this is all fairly new territory to me and even though I've read it a few times there are some things I won't understand until they've been put into practice. If I'm seeing anything incorrectly, please let me know.

On the subject of death (or lack thereof) I think it's a pretty cool idea to have 'dead' characters that can affect the living world, but I have yet to fully understand how that will work, and what its ultimate goal is. Still, really awesome concept that I think has the potential to add a lot to the RP itself. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted to make a character that starts out dead!

The spirit guiding her is based on Hachiman, a Kami known commonly in folklore to have carried the Khakkhara. He was basically the guardian of soldiers, and thus would be fairly militaristic, setting at least one genre (if I'm understanding correctly we should have multiples). For other options I'm looking at Occult, which covers the use of the Khakkhara as a magical divining tool based on its symbolism. This covers two of her primary abilities, enhanced self and enhanced perception. If we're expected to have four to begin with, then that leaves two open slots which would likely go to Paranormal, and cover either summoning or banishment rites she might eventually learn, and depending on how much of a 'bad girl' I decide to make the magical girl herself, I might have Gothic as a theme that ties more closely to her personal interests, which would reinforce Paranormal and its ties to summoning and banishing in new and exciting ways.

To be honest, though, this is all fairly new territory to me and even though I've read it a few times there are some things I won't understand until they've been put into practice. If I'm seeing anything incorrectly, please let me know.

On the subject of death (or lack thereof) I think it's a pretty cool idea to have 'dead' characters that can affect the living world, but I have yet to fully understand how that will work, and what its ultimate goal is. Still, really awesome concept that I think has the potential to add a lot to the RP itself. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone wanted to make a character that starts out dead!

by spirit you mean "magical entity"? In that case, it won´t quite be guiding her as much as taking over her body... do remember each genre comes with personality traits, though you don´t have to use all four slots! :)

oh, starts out dead, huh? Now there´s a possibility I didn´t think about...

by spirit you mean "magical entity"? In that case, it won´t quite be guiding her as much as taking over her body... do remember each genre comes with personality traits, though you don´t have to use all four slots! :)

oh, starts out dead, huh? Now there´s a possibility I didn´t think about...

Yes, yes, and I had taken notice of the personality traits. Like I said, still lots to work out~ I think I like the first three, though, and with those combined it should make for an interesting magical entity. Efficient, loyal, cooperative. But also possessive, nosy, and blood-thirsty. Sounds like a bad boyfriend, actually >o<

Yes, yes, and I had taken notice of the personality traits. Like I said, still lots to work out~ I think I like the first three, though, and with those combined it should make for an interesting magical entity. Efficient, loyal, cooperative. But also possessive, nosy, and blood-thirsty. Sounds like a bad boyfriend, actually >o<

lol

what do you think of the conflict/main plot?

and how about you @LegoLad659 ? How do you think your character will respond to it?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol

what do you think of the conflict/main plot?

and how about you @LegoLad659 ? How do you think your character will respond to it?

To the entity? I'm honestly not sure. Despite how much I try to get her into roleplays, she hasn't actually had much interaction with people outside of her backstory.

The possessiveness may or may not remind her of her mother, though. And she hates it when people snoop around her stuff without her knowing, which makes sense considering what she's hiding on her laptop.

To the entity? I'm honestly not sure. Despite how much I try to get her into roleplays, she hasn't actually had much interaction with people outside of her backstory.

The possessiveness may or may not remind her of her mother, though. And she hates it when people snoop around her stuff without her knowing, which makes sense considering what she's hiding on her laptop.

I meant to the main plot, the treasure to end the enemy of the magical girls once and for all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back