OOC (Broken Lands)

Before I make my character fully, can I get an idea of what the world is like? Environment/weather? Location in pre-apocalypse?

Yeah, it does seem a bit rough. Not to mention I feel like it lacks some of the strong thematic cohesion you see in the other playbooks.

I hope we're gonna handle the world like that game from a year or two back - I believe Wlf provided the oral history of the region and we took it in turns to extrapolate what it meant and what the world was like.

I always find that the playbooks with gangs like HH, chopper and hocus seem to provide more setting for the game so I lean towards those generally

I did love that older game! Such a strong world we developed. To the point of we could have probably mapped it out.

Trying to get this moves to the new system right away so we can get moving.

As to the world, yes. The plan is always for me to simple ask you guys questions. You guys will establish the world through discussion and then through playing the game. As always, thia game will be a "play to find out" style game. Meaning, nothing pre-determined that we don't establish together. And, you can add material on the fly to establish it, as long as it doesn't conflict with what's already been agreed upon.

Would you prefer we do the world-building before we finish characters? We can go in any order.

Or instead, we have some built and others partially built. All the characters can be changed/finished during or after world-building.

I think we'll do it that way. Agreed?

Everything is here. I'm just trying to clean it up a bit. Can you guys move your characters to the characters section, please? Just make a new thread (I know, a whole thread just for you) for your character.

Last option for the world sounds good to me. I'll have mine up shortly. Probably going Chopper.

Since I'm playing a gunlugger in the other apocalypse world game on RPN, I changed my mind and now I'm making a hardholder. 

Edit: Actually, since we have a Waterbearear, my indecisive ass is going back to the nice and direct gunlugger. 

Last edited by a moderator:
xD  

Don't let Arsenic scare you off hardholder if you want it! The Source could be inside your hold or something

Okay. Either way is fine. As long as you're playing what you want. Like Frixz said, we could combine the holding/groups together. Or we could have two separate communities. Whatever you want to play, though...

Fair enough. I went to the thread and it said it was locked to further replies. What exactly would you like to happen in the introduction? I'm not sure what towns or groups exist in the region that I could be at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back