• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern On Angels Paint Brushes(t0nk)

Monica merely raised an eyebrow at being seen. "So what? The smarter guys already knew after what happened in junior high, more than half of them were in the same class as me. It's not a surprise to them that I'd be into cute girls like you after the disastrous pig examples of boys like the jerk" she said with a gentle squeeze to Lily's arm. "Focus on me, not on them dear sweet innocent Lily. They're just jealous it's you I'm kissing and not them."

Lily blushes after being called "dear" and "innocent" Lily holds onto Monicas arm tightly. Lily likes to hold onto her, it makes her feel safe. Lily looks at the floor, sighing. Lily is deep in thought, something important is on her mind and it's clear. "Monica. I love you." Something seems to be wrong with Lily, she begins looking around anxiously, it's really hard to figure out what's making her anxious, it could be the boys, Monica, or something else. Who knows. Girls like Lily are confusing as hell.

Monica got the distinct impression there was something supremely wrong but didn't reply to the confession though her grip remained as comforting and gentle as she ushered Lily into the traffic that was the hallways in the school. Mentally she went over the series of events and while on the surface it was fairly innocent, the context made her more worried. Lily's skittishness, the way she was so nervous about people seeing them kiss and her lack of confidence all together painted a grim suspicion. "Lily, can I ask you something as someone who cares about you?" she asked as they walked to toward the general education classes were. Her mother was a divorce attorney and more often than not she saw battered wives fearful of their spouses come begging to her for help just like this. Was someone hurt Lily? It wasn't her parents...was it? She certainly hoped to be wrong and Lily was just a naturally really shy person but if Lily was being hurt... She didn't want to think about it but the dark thought nagged at the edge of her mind.

"O-Oh sure.." Lily said nervously, trying to avoid looking Monica in the eyes.
(I don't have too much input past that.)

Even though it was bound to draw questions Monica gently tugged Lily into an empty science lab. "Is someone hurting you Lily?" she asked with the kindest tone she could muster. "I don't want to sound insensitive but I've seen women older than us come into my moms divorce office acting similarly. I don't want to believe someone was hurting you, you're so kind and gentle and sweet and honest with no mean spirit about you, but the worrying signs are there." She was trying to be as sensitive to the subject as possible in case it was what had been happening but there was only so much sensitivity that can be put out there when asking if someone was being abused. "I can try to get you help if someone is, my mom knows a lot of people from what she's done for some women seeking divorce or separation from abusive partners, but.. I need to know if that's case Lily. I'm sorry if this is something that is a sore spot, I know it is for a lot people going through that type of situation, and I promise I'm trying to put that as sensitively as I can without trampling over your feelings or opening old wounds."

Lily begins to cry "I-I-..." Lily begins balling, she sits down at a table. Lily musters up the courage to speak after a few minutes "I-...My dad hurts me...So does my mom..." Lily pulls up her sleeve to show purple bruises. "I'm sorry Monica...I don't want to worry you...It happens when my dad yells at me...My mom will yell too...When I make them mad they'll hurt me..." Lily curls up in her chair, crying more. Lily is shaking in fear scared that Monica would be mad at her, or potentially hurt her. "I was told if I tell anyone they would hurt me more..."

Monica saw red as Lily revealed the bruises on her arm. Hearing her fear confirmed that it was Lily's parents hurting her made her blood boil with rage. Your parents were meant to guide and love you not beat you senseless. "Lily, I need to take pictures of this" she said forcing herself to speak in a calm tone that was at odd with the murderous rage boiling within her veins. "It is not safe for you there anymore." God she wanted to do something so bad for Lily but right now all she could do was report this to the cops with evidence photos. "How closely do they pay attention to your whereabouts?" she asked while snapping photos of the ugly bruises. "If we report this to the cops they are duty bound to investigate. You can stay with me and my mom or if you have family that loves you and doesn't hurt you I can wait with you til they come pick you up" she said with a caring tone as she sat beside the other girl and wrapped an arm around her drawing her close in a protective embrace.

"I don't have anyone but my parents...They never check on me or where I go, so I could stay with you..I feel safe around you Monica." Lily is balling heavily "I-I don't think I have the energy to get through the school alone.." Lily begins to rock back and forth, she does this when she's scared "Monica they'll be mad if you tell the cops...Please don't Monica..." Lily really doesn't know what's best for her, she's shaking a lot. Lily yawns, she's tired, which isn't normal if she got a good amount of sleep. Lily doesn't feel good with her secrets off her chest, she feels even worse. "Monica I don't want to talk about them anymore..."

Monica scowled deeply as her grasp on Lily tightened to a comforting firm. She could argue with Lily that she needed to call the cops and have something done about her parents but the terror stalled her thoughts. "We need to tell my mom at the very least. She can help us figure out what to do next" she said in the softest, kindest tone. "The farthest and quicker you are away from the may just save your life." It wasn't a pretty image but it was true. The statistics on when abuse victims got away from their abuser showed a higher likelihood of living. Her free arm got her cell phone out and called her. The barest details were given but the sheer anger could be heard in her voice. "Come on, my moms office is twenty minutes away. If anyone can get you out and safe it's going to be her" she promised trying to coax Lily to stand and leave with her.

Lily stands up, but begins to stumble around before passing out and falling to the floor once more. All the stress, Lilys parents, school, Monica, the boys, it all just stresses her out too much, Lilys face is red, but not a blushy red, a moreso lack of oxygen. All of the straws broke this cammels back. Lily is sweaty. Lily looks terrible. What would be done now is up to Monica. Lily has a terrible life as of right now, which isn't nice for anyone, improving that should be Lilys focus should be on making her life better, but it's not, she always felt she was fine with it, but mainly because she's never seen anything better, she just assumed this is how it should be. Lily deserves a better life, but she doesn't have it.
Life sucks.

Monica cursed and fell to her knees starting to do chest compressions before kissing Lily forcing oxygen into her lungs once it was immediately clear she wasn't breathing. Only once Lily was conscious did she make a life changing decision that may or may not inspire Lily to regret liking her. "Mom... Get over here and bring Uncle Gary with you or I swear you two will be trying to bail me out of jail for attempted murder. We're in Mr. Peterson's chem lab." Her tone was icy as the call was disconnected, her hold on Lily gentle and caring but supremely protective. "They aren't going to hurt you ever again Lily, I swear it on my soul" she promised in a whisper soft tone kissing the girls forehead lightly. No one could say that she didn't move a mountain for people she cared about and although they spoke sparing before today she did care about Lily as a great fellow artist whose talents made her strive to go farther and test her own artistic limits. "I will protect you Lily... I'll kill them before they so much as breathe on you ever again..."

(This roleplay legit got me crying)
Lily would begin to awaken, she sees Monica, and begins to relax "M-Monica?...I'm sorry..Everything is kinda blurry right now...Can you get me some water? I haven't had some in a few days..." Lily is incredibly dehydrated and it's somewhat clear. Lily doesn't eat or drink like normal people, she just doesn't get hungry or thirsty, so she forgets to eat, side that with the fact that her parents don't' care enough to feed her and you get a dehydrated, starving, depressed, teenager.
I don't have too much input and I'm sorry if replies become short like this, I just really don't know what to say or how to make these replies any longer. If I knew how, I would.

(Can't recall off the top of my head but if you get stuck on length where dialogue is concerned turn your attention outwards. Describe thoughts, feelings, the environment around etc. Doing that serves a dual purpose of expanding on character development. Otherwise its ok)

Monica pulled a water bottle from her backpack and unscrewed the cap before bringing the lip of the bottle to Lily's lips. Aiding the other girl in drinking was a careful affair as she kept the other girl close to her. "My mom and uncle are on their way here now, Uncle Gary is a paramedic. He can assess how bad it is" she said gently running a hand through Lily's hair after capping the water bottle and setting it down. "Paramedics are mandated reporters Lily.. You might hate me for this and I understand if you do but my uncle is going to have a lot of hard questions for you. Questions you are going to have to answer when he sees the condition you're in. Questions that he will have to turn over to the cops." She didn't want Lily to hate her or regret wanting to go on a date with her but this was the best way to not only help her but also keep her safe. "I understand if you want to take back the date and not want to interact with me further but it was either I bring in my uncle the paramedic or I call 911 to get you an ambulance to the hospital and I go kill your parents for doing this to you." Her eyes were hard showing just how serious she was. "You will be safe Lily, you're over eighteen meaning you don't have to live under their tyranny anymore."

"Monica I don't hate you..I would never hate you..You're doing this because you care...I just don't like cops...They always make me feel like I'm in trouble.." Lily begins to hyperventilate. Lily can't stand the thought of someone asking her questions, probably because the only experiences she's had with doctors is lying to people trying to figure out if she was being abused, or even thinking of suicide. Lily lies to people when she is under pressure, which is really a bad response, but she can't help it. Lily really opens up if she is comfortable, but trying to force her to tell the truth is difficult.
"So they're going to ask me questions?...I don't like that.." She says that from experience, and it shows, though to be fair, she's never been questioned while someone she cares about is nearby. Lily sighs and hugs Monica tightly.
"Everyone is gonna know about this..Everyone is gonna be worried...Are my parents going to go to jail?...I don't want that..." Lily doesn't want to hurt her parents, sure they're abusive, and they clearly don't care about her, but Lily cares about the people who hurt her, she cares too much about people like that. "I love them Monica...I know they hurt me but I still care..." Lily sees everyone equally, even bad people, which is not necessarily the best way to go about it, but she just cares too much about everyone.

"Lily... Let me ask you a very simple question ok: do you want your parents alive and in jail for the hell that they put you through or do you want them dead and me in jail for killing them? Its not a fair choice but it is a very serious question. I have seen so many cases of abused wives and children walk through my mothers office doors over the last near ten years that this... If they walk free and unpunished I will take the law into my own hands if necessary. Not all people are good Lily and I know you want to believe they can be, why else would you take all the mocking and jokes about you without retaliation?" Monica asked rhetorically, her finger held up to keep the other girl quiet. "We barely talked before today and when we did it was about school stuff but I looked at you as someone to respect. Someone worth protecting because the world is a dark place Lily full of angels and demons, you just happen to be one of the purest angels I have laid my eyes upon. Demons and evil hearts will always try to drag you down and I refuse to let that happen. People will know and some busy body will ask questions they have no right to ask but you will be shocked how many people will jump to your defense, people like me.."

At that moment the chem lab door opened allowing Monica's mom and paramedic uncle in, the man toting an accident bag full of first aid stuff that wouldn't look out of touch on a major accident scene.

"You will be protected and held from the grips of the dark who would abuse your light. Starting with me who would be one of your most stubborn, if not the most stubborn, protectors out there next to my mom and uncle who hate people like that just as much."

Last edited:
Lily sees the two adults enter the room, she begins to panic. Lily anxiously looks around the room and begins to play with her hair. Lily is breathing heavily, and really fast, too fast.
Lily looks up at Monicas uncle and stares for a moment. "I-I don't like this Monica..." Lily holds Monicas hand tightly "I feel like I'm in trouble..." Lily hugs Monica tightly, and holds it for a bit, she then continues to stare around the room, mumbling to herself "Why me?...Why do I have to live this life?..." Lily would continue to mumble to herself, what she says is completely incomprehensible. Lily is freaking the hell out. People have tried to help Lily in the past but that only let her go to the ER because of her bruises and possible suicide, Monica's uncle might actually recognize her, she stayed there for 3 days straight, just lying to doctors and crying. Lily hates doctors if any kind, they scare her deeply.

Gary the paramedic had a sympathetic look on his face as he knelt down beside the girls. His niece was a fierce firecracker with a heart of gold and a violent temper once sparked. For her to be so candid about being murderous spoke volumes to the severity. "My name is Gary Michaels, I'm Monica's uncle. Is it ok if I give you a look over? My niece must care a lot for you to call me in to make sure you're ok" he said in a kind tone as he opened his bag of things.

Monica squeezed Lily back in a comforting, almost loving way. "You aren't in trouble Lily" she promised in a gentle soft voice as she kissed the girls forehead softly. "My mom and uncle can help but you have to be honest with them like you were with me ok? Can you do that for me sweet Lily?" Her tone didn't shift at all as she gently stroked the girls hair. God she really wanted to kill those animals right now but Lily needed her more. A tiny part of her cherished the moment of Lily being so close to her, needing her, and it made her feel guilty. Lily was supremely vulnerable and scared right now, she absolutely shouldn't be relishing the moment even if it had Lily potentially looking at her as a saving angel. "No one is going to hurt you anymore sweet Lily... I won't allow it I promise" she said squeezing the other girl a touch tighter and closer to herself.

Lily nods "I won't lie this time..." this wouldn't make any sense as no one would know what she was talking about, maybe Gary but that's a very slim chance. Lily begins to breathe heavily once more, it's clear that she's trying to breathe normally. Lily looks as if she's going to cry again, this is when someone opens the door, a tall female with ginger hair, light-tan skin, and freckles all over her face enters the room, she has her backpack and clearly had no idea what she was walking in to, though she sees Lily and the other people and looks confused.
The tall girl has a slim figure and green eyes, she looks worried for Lily
??:"Lily?"
Lily:"Kristen! W-Why are you here?"
Kristen: "I just came to grab my project..Lily what's going on? Are you alright?"
Kristen kneels next to Lily worried
Lily:"I-I'm fine...I'll try to explain...Monica, this is my friend Kristen, I've known her for...many many years...Kristen, this is Monica..She's the one I've had a crush on for the past year. Kristen, Monica became my girlfriend this morning, as a result of that she found out about my parents."
Kristen:"Your parents?"
Lily:"Long story short, they abuse me. Monica called her mother and uncle here to try to help me..."
Kristen:"...Oh my god Lily! I'm so sorry all this happened! Fuck how could I have never known about this! God damnit I want to slaughter those animals right now!..Is there anything I can get you?"
Lily:"Can you just stay here Kristen?"
Kristen:"Ok..."
Kristen looks genuinely worried, Lily shows Kristen her bruises, Kristen pushes up her glasses and begins to check out the bruises, trying to recognize how bad they are, and how long they should take to heal. It doesn't take much to see that Kristen REALLY cares about Lily, and the two have had quite the history.

Monica held back the urge to correct Lily again after a girl came into the chem lab and onto the scene that she had tried to keep private for Lily's sake. She gave a respectful acknowledgement of Kristen when introductions were made. Critical hawk like eyes were shot over to the ginger haired girl fretting over Lily. This was more than just close friend friend overconcern. This was like ex-girlfriend I still love you kind of overconcern. While they weren't technically girlfriends or going out, she was not happy with the level of fretting that Kristen was putting on.

Gary grimaced putting his stuff away while scribbling away rapidly at a notepad after the examination. "Lily, I need to ask this one question and it's severely important. I vaguely remember you spent a few days in the hospital a wreck.. The chart had similar episodes and visits on it with worried notes from the doctor looking after you." He paused grimacing even more. "How long have your parents been abusing you?"

Lily sighs, sitting up slightly, Kristen helping her. "I think since I was 6 years old...I remember the first time...It started when my dad would get drunk and hurt me and my mother, and then he would do it when sober, same with my mom..." Lily begins to tear up.

Kristen has known Lily for nearly her entire life, Lily saw Kristen as a sister, Kristen ha always wanted it to be more, but respected Lilys choice to be with other girls, but Kristen has always loved Lily so much more, and it hurts. It hurts for someone you love so deeply to just evade your affection. Kristen had seen the way Monica had looked at her and began to be a little frightened of Monica. Kristen cares about Lily more than anyone, she would die for Lily, but she's very scared that Monica would be attracted to Lily as well, and if so, Monica could notice Kristens love for Lily and dislike her. Kristen is known by many people for being the only student librarian, and the first person in the science club to create a i-phone from scratch. Kristen is usually seen in the library reading or helping people find books. Kristen is always trying to be nice to people and make them happy but deep down she's scared she can't.

Monica sighed internally and gently pulled herself free from Lily. "I need to talk to Kristen for a moment ok Lily? We'll be right over there" she said pointing to the table right next to the one where her uncle was making detailed notes to put in his notes alongside what the pink haired girl said. Grabbing Kristen by the wrist she tugged her over to the table and fixed the girl with a look that wss unreadable. "Look, despite what Lily said we aren't going out. She asked me in a roundabout way on a date and I accepted" she said in a tone that was enough for Lily to not hear their conversation. She was trying to be fair and kind in a way to the other girl who obviously harbored such strong feelings for Lily. "I don't know what's going to happen between me and her Kristen, I really don't. Being abused for as long as she has, it does a severe level of damage to a person mentally and emotionally. They cling to the first thing that begins to offer a ray of hope away from the pain. For her that appears to be me given her own declaration of her feelings. If you want to try to woo her I won't stop you but be warned I'm going to try and earn those feelings she has for me the right way. The fair and honest way."

Kristen sadly smiles and looks at Monica "It's fine Monica...I've loved Lily for years, and I've wanted her to feel the same way, but she doesn't and that's fine. I'm genuinely happy that she found someone she loves" Kristen lets out a long sigh "It just hurts a lot Monica...I've loved her for years and she just doesn't feel the same way..I gotta respect that though, and I gotta respect you, for being the one she loves." Kristen pushes up her round glasses and blinks a few times. "I just want to help Lily, really. I love her deeply, and I only want the best for her. I hope you understand Monica." Kristen is trying to look happy, but her smile is fake. "We have a common goal, and that's to make Lily happy, so let's do that" Kristen fake smiles. "Ready to go to her?"
Lily looks really nervous without either of her friends, any sudden movement from the adults near her would make her flinch and hide her head with her arms, before seeing that she's fine. Lily looks to Gary. "D-Do you have more questions?" Lily is shaking.

(I see we have a little bit of a love competition now, I like this conflict.)

Monica sighed internally knowing what unrequited love was like. Just because she didn't date before accepting Lily's roundabout proposal didn't mean she didn't know what it felt like to love someone who didn't love you. It hurt a bit to this day but much like Kristen herself said it, she was happy for her first love finding someone she loved whole heartdly. Heading back over to the table where Lily was she gently wrapped one arm around her shoulders and shook her head no the tiniest bit at her uncle. There was no need to stir up the trauma more right now.

"Not right now but I would try to prepare myself if I were you. The cops are definitely going to have more questions than me. Some questions a lot harder to answer. The best thing for you right now is for you, my niece and my sister to go to the hospital right now. The doctors can do a full work up so we know how to help you going forward because if you had any notion of returning to that horror house let me dispel it right now- that young lady would set this town on fire before that happens. You will be most likely living with my sister and niece from now on."

Lily begins to panic even more when she hears about the Police. "I-I-I...There's too much happening...I'm very tired...I don't like the police, they scare me. Monica I'm scared..." Lily hugs Monica tightly Kristen watches sadly. Kristen sits near Lily. Lily looks at Kristen and begins to cry, Kristen looks confused. Kristen hugs Lily to try to comfort the pink-haired-girl. Lily stops crying when Kristen comforts her, rubbing her head. Lily smiles at Kristen, Kristen smiles back.
Kristen gets a fantastic idea
Kristen: "Hey, Lily, I'll tell you what, if you can stay strong for me, for Monica, I will take you to the Diner and we can go get that ice-cream you love, alright?"
Lily nods, smiling as tears drip down her face, Kristen wipes the tears off her face.
Kristen: "Just like when we were little...What was it..Mint chocolate-chip?"
Lily nods, she's happy, no longer crying. Kristen is damn good at making Lily more positive, she does it like magic, Monica could learn from her.

Monica had to suppress a scowl from showing up on her lips. She understood that behind the feelings Kristen had, she wanted to help Lily but this was poking at her. Using something that they shared as younger kids to almost instantly calm the upset girl was... Well it wasn't dirty pool but Lily chose her for a reason damn it all! Her touch should have the same instant calming effect that the mere mention of ice cream at the diner did. "Stay strong for me, us, and we can get as much as you want I promise" she said after kissing Lily's forehead softly. It'd probably earn her a sad or rather pointed look from Kristen but she had already noted physical contact from her towards Lily of any kind seemed to be the special key to making the pink haired girl calm quickly and stay relatively happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back