• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Omertá

10556073cee7836d1443314926.jpg

-place- The Capello Estate

Jadran Finally the Capo picked up the phone. Jadran took note of the slight breathiness to his tone, as if he'd just gone for a brisk jog, but ignored it for now. "Kenta," He began, tone irritated and stressed as he spoke. "The list of civilians has been sent to me and the Santorinis have somehow managed to capture one of them. We are now tied. I need you and Dante back at the estate immediately," He explained quickly, voice taking on that urgency it had when he was in a rush, or feeling competitive. "I'm going to hang up now. I'll be seeing you soon, Kenta," And with that, Jadran hung up with no room for questions from the Capo.

Jadran placed his phone on the desk and tapped at the side of his face, trying to determine the next course of action. Was he to send his Capo and Made-Men out to hunt for the afternoon, until they claimed at least another civilian, or was he to come up with a more... dynamic plan. He pondered with this silently for quite some time. The sense of failure that filled his chest was unnecessary. They hadn't failed in anyway, but Jadran prided himself in being at the top and now he was level with the opposing Mafia. Though, he guessed, they had always been on the same level. Neither held more power than the other.

He stood finally and placed his phone on the desk, leaving it face down as he exited the office. He left the door slightly ajar, because he knew he'd be returning, before heading down the stairs quickly. He had no point of destination. He just needed to leave the office area. How he wished that he was able to go to Cecilia's and hold his son, but that was not an option. He had called on his men and he had to be there for his arrival. He walked outside and under the large white deck above him and took a seat on one of the pearly white stairs.

Jadran wished he had grabbed a cigar, but he hadn't, so he'd have to settle for just sitting there and willing away the cramping of his chest.

@GakuHirashime

Team Capello

2nr0pjm.jpg

Cristiano Santorini

Cristiano took a slow, deep breath as he pulled onto the Santorini driveway. Zoë was still knocked out in the backseat of the car, a great relief to Cristiano because he recalled the first time he captured a captive. The woman had woken up screaming and lunged for the steering wheel, forcing Cristiano to swerve and drive into a ditch. Because of the impact, the frightened woman had flew onto cracking the window. He honestly didn't care about the her bleeding head and was mostly pissed about the fact his car was damaged. Fear might have also been a feeling because he knew his father was going to severely punish him, which he did by hanging Cristiano upside down over a pool charged with electricity for five hours.

Turning his head towards Robert, who was sitting soundlessly next to him, he spoke, "Call those two idiots who failed to get that first
femmina. Tell them I won't cut off their fucking fingers if they can catch the next girl." He rubbed the bridge of his nose, voice filled with irritation, as they exited the two door. Cristiano then ordered Robert to bring the girl to one of the top floor bedrooms and have someone posted there, preferably someone silent and who only spoke when absolutely necessary.

The suave male stepped slowly into the large estate though not before noting Paislee's vehicle. He nodded at mafia member who stood guard at the entry way as he made his way up the steps. Paislee would be waiting somewhere, probably in his office and doing something that'd irritate him. He'd tell her to be the one to watch over Zoë if his intuition was correct.

Cristiano took the time to pull out his phone and personally call someone who had yet to make his appearance. His Under. His best friend. The guy who didn't know shit about what was going on because he's been MIA. After a few rings, the call went to voicemail and the Italian clenched his jaw. "
Nikolas." He sneered icily. "I'm not your fucking girlfriend who leaves voicemails, yeah? Get your ass to the main house by tonight." He didn't bother including what he would do because Nikolas understood Cristiano more than anyone when it came to threats and promises.

@Asylumnated
@lonecoyote @Kingly @Semblance @KaoriMei

Last edited by a moderator:

Beginning of September | Same Day | Approx 6PM

yyL1wsi.png

Natasha Belova

"Sign here. And here. Initial here. Annnd here."

Natasha had been at the office since early morning on a priority case that came in the day before. Her senior had been out, so it was her job to make sure all the documents were signed, complete, and thoroughly checked. Currently, a young couple was sitting at the girl's desk and both wore somber expressions of pure sorrow. The Russian offered words of comfort and a small smile, hoping that would ease their troubled souls, but in all reality, she wanted to spit in their faces. They were the idiots who forgot to use a condom. They were the idiots who didn't even think of the possibility of having a child and now they were squatting in a small cubical, signing away their right to their own child. And like all the other young couples, they would deeply regret it.

"Will that be all then Miss Belova?" asked the 18 year old girl. She appeared uncertain, as if she was already regretting putting pen to paper. It wasn't a surprise to Natasha as she had seen the look many times before. Whether they allowed the emotion that sparked the expression to take over, however, she rarely got to see.

Standing up slowly, she assisted the couple onto their feet and watched as they clumsily gathered their belongings. "That's it. You signed the papers and your... the child will be taken into our custody and placed into a caring facility. Before we officially close this case, however, are you sure about yout decision?" She watched as the two gave each other knowing looks and the merely nodded in response. He opened his mouth to speak but the sudden outcry of his girlfriend sent a bone shivering silence throughout the entire floor. Everyone turned their heads to look, which only made the couple more self conscious.

The boy nodded more aggressively and Natasha could make out the faint outline of water in his eyes.
Good, she thought whilst maintaining a professional and gentle visage.

"W-we're sure... thank you Miss Belova." The boy stuttered, his breaking point nearing. Natasha watched the two scurry towards the elevator and once in, the female teenager had turned to make eye contact. She seemed stunned, mostly likely because instead of meeting the soft eyes that were evident earlier, they were cold and full of disappointment.

Once the beep of the elevator sounded, Natasha checked the old leather watch that dangled on her slim wrist. It was nearly half passed six and she silently cursed to herself. She was missing an episode of White Collar and a large part of her wanted to strangle that couple not only for giving up on their child but making her miss her favorite show. A loud sigh left the girl's plump lips.

"John!" she called loudly to the other side of the office. "I'm signing out!"

She took the silence as an "okay" before packing her things. Once done, she turned to the small basket that sat in one of her office chairs. A large pair of doe eyes stared back at her and she couldn't stop the warmth that filled her heart. A warmth filled with love and pain for the innocent baby. "We'll find you a good home. Don't worry." With that, she left the child in the hands of one of the official social workers and made her way towards the same elevator that carried cowards.

Damon

Tom-Hardy-Hairstyle-Hair-Color-Name-04.jpg

"That's it!" Damon huffed after seeing Ken block a pipe for him. He smashed his latest victim's head in the dirt, making sure he wasn't dead. Someone had to tell their story. He used one hand to grab his jacket. With the other, he took Wallace by the hair of his neck and slammed the kid's face into the window of a neighboring Tarus. "Come on, Kenny." he called out, sliding into the passenger seat and opening the door for the man. He didn't care who was still standing. They'd be idiots to follow those two.

There was something more important at hand.

He noticed how calm and collected Kenta was. And he couldn't lie to himself: he wanted nothing more than to let go and allow the hormones and adrenaline loose...at least to kiss the guy. Hard. But, there was the whole ordeal of keeping himself in check that had to be contended with. He had to focus on himself and fixing what his father broke. Plus, who knew if the guy swung his way anyway? They really hadn't had much conversation besides suits and pretzels.

Damon sighed, focusing on his driving. "What did Ja--The Boss need?" he asked, to draw some static conversation.

@GakuHirashime​

Eric Montagne

hs9p3m.jpg

"Monsieur Capello is a great man," Eric informed his charge with an air of unmistakable pride, casting a pointed glance of disapproval in her direction. He was not exactly fond of the way in which she referred to Jadran as "different," and for his boss, he would tolerate nothing but the utmost reverence. "It's thanks to his leadership that things around here run as smoothly as they do, and each and every one of us owes him more than you could possibly imagine. He is to be spoken of with respect; you had best remember that." Of course, it was very probable that October had meant no disrespect by her statement, but Eric ignored this possibility in favor of attempting yet again to gain a lead on his continuing struggle to assert his authority. Why was such a simple objective so damned difficult to contend with?

Thankfully, he didn't have long to dwell on it, as just as the final word left his mouth, the two arrived before the grand set of doors that lead into the estate's library.

"Ah, here we are," the man observed, throwing one of the doors open wide with a single, sweeping motion of his arm and holding it there for her in a gentlemanly gesture that would have made even his mother proud. "Après vous, manquer. (After you, miss.)"

Walking in behind her, the scent of dust and old, faded paper flooded Eric's senses, bringing an expression of utter displeasure to his face. He had only ever set foot in the library once, to retrieve something of importance that had been left in there by his boss, and for that he was entirely greatful. The entire experience of just standing within its walls brought back unpleasant childhood memories of innumerable, interminable hours spent under his mother's watchful eye, forced to sit in excruciating stillness and utter, palpable silence, reading words which, due to lack of interest, his mind could not comprehend until the task had been completed multiple times.

He sincerely hoped that October would not wish to stay long.

@AbstractAnnabella

October Bartholomew

tumblr_nbridrr2i21tlu3lso1_250.png

Current Mood||Amazed, Curious, Content.

Location||Library

Interacting With|| @NimbusTheCat {Eric Montagne}

----------

It was certainly..old. The library possessed a charming antiquity to it that October found to be comfortable, the woman quietly thanked Eric before stepping inside and instantly walking towards the shelves. Her fingers ran across the spines of the books, snagging onto one in particular before she carefully pulled it out and pored over the contents. She was sure she had seen this one somewhere in a store, smirking slightly at the thought of a children's book being in such a place. Replacing the object, October returned to scanning each book with unabashed wonderment at the sight. She loved books, they held a different universe within them that she could easily find herself lost in. Of course, soon enough, one thing became apparent.

Eric's alarmingly short attention span.

Why this thought came into mind had yet to be discovered but October turned to face the man from where she stood, holding a book out in front of her. He certainly didn't look like the type to waste his time in such places, it was certainly thoughtful of him for choosing to take her here at all, October reminded herself to thank him later. For now, she would only speak and hope that it distracted him momentarily. The book clasped in October's hand was a faded blue, on the verge of falling apart at a single touch although the inside was what October was concerned about more. The woman paced slowly, quietly thinking over what was to be said. "I don't believe you'd care whatsoever about what I say...although you have listened so far and I am grateful for that, it doesn't seem as if you'd be comfortable in a library so I suppose I can bend the 'no talking' rule for now--" it was a corny joke indeed but the woman smiled slightly, it helped in making this less awkward. "I used to despise books, you see, I loathed reading them when I was a child and often disregarded them. My mother, on the other hand, was a woman who wanted me to receive a good education and often forced them upon me; even then I could not derive an ounce of satisfaction from reading and found it to be a tedious chore rather than a common hobby. My hatred for reading remained until I discovered a very intriguing novel which contained multiple poems on random things..in short, Shel Silverstein. I am unsure if you've heard of him but the man is certainly creative." At this, October turned and treaded towards two seats which were strategically positioned in the center, waving towards the other chair before pulling her legs underneath her once she sat.

"I remember opening the book in sheer annoyance at just the sight of the wretched thing, I scoffed and grumbled over having to read it and claimed that it was a waste of my time..my mother was patient, she still is. That was the day that I fell in love with books..that was the day that I discovered how truly amazing it could be to surround yourself with so much imagination at the flip of a page, I still have the book at my home. While you may or may not understand my passion for such..useless things, I will tell you one thing. You didn't have to bring me here, you could've disregarded my request as well as Kenta. I thank you, all of you for allowing me this. History has been everything to me as of late, the ability to see the flaws and errors of our ways in the past as well as the present..and hope for better decisions in the future. Books hold a key to history, they are the gateways to something more..intricate. I suppose I'm rambling but..libraries have always made me feel as if I'm in another realm, somewhere far away from the corruption of the world and the common greed of mankind. The quiet may seem horrid to you but I can't help but think that everyone could secretly come to love such a place given the right circumstances."

October clutched the book, thinking of what her mother had said so long ago.."There is a difference between a book and a person..one of them doesn't ever have the ability to let you down. I'm quite sorry if I am boring you to death. I just wanted to..share my gratitude."

Warning: Graphic depiction of a lifeless/dead body in this post. Do not read if you are going to be triggered by this.

Jadran

His eyes burned as he sat there, enamored by the cruel taste of possibly defeat, though there were no indications to a loss. They were merely tied. That was all, but the nagging voice of his father rang throughout the expanse of his brain. That condescending and authoritative tone filling his mind with doubts. He was vulnerable in that moment and the scars on his back seemed to burn like they had several years before. He rubbed at his face for a moment, trying to disperse the thoughts that were clouding his judgement. As if they would leave him be if he just tried to rub them away. But, that would never work.

Jadran stood then. A moment away was what he needed and he could only find that with Cecilia and Vincente. Everywhere else reminded him of the Mafia, but not there. That was his safe haven from this crushing lifestyle that he led. Even if he loved it, a moment away was always needed at times. So, he dashed up the stairs to his office and grabbed the phone that sat on his desk. He grabbed for his keys that hung directly next to the door, before making his way to the garage. It took him only a few moments to get the car going and then exit the garage that housed the other cars.

A quick text was sent to Kenta, which read:

Kenta, there's something immediate I must attend to. I expect for you to be at the house whenever I get back. You and Damon both.

It was short, authoritative and vague enough to keep Kenta from questioning him. Not that the Capo ever did, but the Mafia Boss couldn't be too careful. Not with so much on the line. His knuckles were white on the steering wheel as he forced himself to abide by the traffic laws. Not that they would arrest him anyway. Or, they wouldn't succeed in trying such a thing. It would most likely end with their life being taken

Only when his eyes landed on the lavish apartment Cecilia and his son lived in, did he relax somewhat. The lights were off, which was odd, but Cecilia had most likely put Vincente down for a nap and then decided to lay down herself. He had come over several times when that had happened, so he wouldn't be surprised. He parked on the side of the road and locked his car as he walked away, shoving the keys into his pocket.

The moment his eyes befell on the door, however, he froze in his tracks and his lungs seemed to deflate. It had been busted in. Jadran had done the same thing many times before, so he knew what it looked like in the aftermath. A moment later and his instincts overtook him. He barreled into the house, leaving the door ajar, before he shouted her name. Once, twice, but no reply met his ears. The place looked normal, nothing touched that indicated a struggle, but there was no sign of life. That was never good.

It only took a few moments to find the pale, lifeless body of his fallen lover. Her once pink lips, stained an ugly purplish red and her beautiful green eyes glazed over by the seal of death. Nasty bruises lay heavy on her pale skin, bruises that had been left by whoever had made the mistake of ending her life. Jadran sunk down onto his knees beside her, hands splayed across her cheek that was cold to the touch. A shiver ran up his spine as he stared into those lifeless eyes that once held so much joy. They would no longer hold that emotion. Never again.

His mind shot, like a bullet, from the thought of the deceased Cecilia and to his son. Had they taken him? Was he dead as well? Had the perpetrator(s) not known of the infant residing in the house? Had he been alone too long? With these questions in mind, Jadran found his way to the nursery that was adjacent to Cecilia's bedroom. And to his surprise and relief, Vincente was asleep soundly in the dark wooded crib that had taken so long to build.

He roused the infant from a seemingly peaceful sleep, and with an arm tucked safely around him and the other grasping his phone, he dialed for Eric. He needed the Underboss to take care of what Jadran couldn't do himself, and he trusted nobody else to do it.

Interacting With: No one

Mentioned: @GakuHirashime @NimbusTheCat

Team Capello

2nr0pjm.jpg

Place - Cecilia's Apartment

Eric Montagne

hs9p3m.jpg

To say that Eric was dumbfounded by October's chosen course of action would have been an understatement. Throughout his lifetime, the man had been met with the opportunity to gauge a myriad of reactions to his...impatient nature. Among these were -first and foremost- his mother's intolerance, and looks of discomfort, disapproval, or even disgust from most others. Annoyance and aggravation were common as well. Tolerance was the best that he had ever dared to hope for. But not only, however, did October tolerate him. She went beyond, taking it upon herself to converse with him so as to distract him and, in effect, to keep him from rolling around across the lavishly carpeted floor in sheer boredom. It was plainly apparent that she was itching to begin with her reading. The look in her eyes told her companion that, given the chance, she would gladly devour every word that the library had to offer. But she had put all of that on hold for him, a fidgety stranger who only hours before had kidnapped her in the parking lot of her workplace. Why she chose to do this was a complete and utter mystery, but nonetheless he found himself watching her intently as she pulled the faded blue volume off the shelf, smiling at her joke about the "no talking" rule.

It was intriguing, really. Never would he have guessed before that such a well-read young woman, with such a strong air of worldly intelligence, could have grown up despising the written word. In an odd way, it brought Eric to feel the most minuscule of connections to her, and in that moment it struck him just how little he knew about her. Not that it mattered, he reminded himself. Not that it mattered...

Without interrupting, he took the offered seat across from her. That accent of hers really was something, wasn't it? As she spoke, her voice created a sort of melodious sound that echoed from the room's high ceiling, and Eric found himself hanging on every word...

Wait? What?

To his great astonishment - and mild shock - as October's speaking drew to a pause, Eric realized that he had been sitting completely still. Of course, once he had become conscious of that fact, he once again began pulling at the cuffs of his sleeves. Who was this woman, and just what was she managing to do to his head? Was it some sort of mind trick, meant to lull him into a sense of false security so that she could make an attempt at escape. Unfortunately, Eric could see no definitive reason to believe that this was anything but a thought borne of denial, and so he was forced to consider other possibilities, ones that he did not very much approve of.

The telltale ringing of the phone in his pocket saved him from having to formulate any response save from, "Pardon, Mademoiselle. Un moment, s'il vous plaît," as he drew the device from his pocket to check the identity of the caller. He was surprised to find the word "Patron" flashing across the screen. He hadn't been aware that Jadran had gone out of the house.

"Oui patron? Que puis-je faire pour vous?"

@AbstractAnnabella @Mortem

Kenta Satou

RPHeader.jpg

Ken listened closely to Jadrans instructions. Not wanting to miss a detail. He wasn't allowing his current task to distract himself from that. Once he heard the rest of the instructions he gave the kid under him one final heavy blow before getting off of him. He glanced towards Mr. Damon who was finishing off another one. Ken truly admired this man's hand skill combat maybe one day he could offer to challenge him in hand to hand combat. It sounded exhilarating and like a true challenge for him. Maybe he will ask Mr. Damon another time. Ken quickly ran to the car getting in the passengers seat. He didn't register the nickname that was given to him until he was seated in the car.
Kenny?...interesting.

Ken couldn't help but smirk to himself. He had not felt so alive in quite some time. It was refreshing to be around such a commendable man. That was when he heard the man's question.

"The boss has informed me that the Santorini's have captured a civilian as well. I presume we are being summoned to try and get ahead of the game. This is not good news...we will have to work harder since this game is of the utmost importance."

Ken combed his hair back slowly, checking to see if he had any noticeable blood stains on his jacket. Luckily he was able to escape the scene without any casualties to one of his few suits. That was when Ken felt his phone vibrate in his suit pocket. He quickly grabbed it and read over the message. Making a grim face since he realized that it must be something major if his boss was willing to side step the game for it. He glanced carefully towards Mr. Damon before speaking with a sense of concern.

"It seems that we will have to wait for the boss in the estate. Lets not waste any time. "

That was when Ken's phone rang again, he checked it quickly but instantly saw the text message from Polenski. He sighed before bringing a hand up to his temple, massaging it gently. This boy was becoming the biggest pain in the neck and he knew better than to bother Ken at work.

Polenski
them
Hiya Kentaaaa! I bought you another suit since you were running low. You should really let me clean your suits more often, goofball. Call me later O.K? None of this silly talk about us being over. You know we have a good time!

Ken tried to think of a response that wasn't something he had said to Polenski already for the hundredth time. He couldn't get the boy to leave him alone for the life of him and it was starting to really aggravate him. Maybe the boy would leave him alone if he said he was with someone else but Ken wasn't one for relationships to begin with. He hoped that maybe Mr. Damon wouldn't notice his distress nor the text message. That would be hard to explain since the existence of Polenski was a secret from his famiglia. The only secret he had since he didn't want them to think that his decisions could be wavered by another. In reality he could care less about Polenski, he's just too damn polite to tell him to fuck off.

@RedIncubus Mentioned: @Mortem

tumblr_m8q07mDgHE1r3055wo1_500.gif

angel-tears.trial.png

tumblr_nd18tv9OVC1qgxdc2o2_500.png

Current Mood || Uneasy.

Location || Library

Interacting With || No one at the moment.With Eric Montagne, @NimbusTheCat

Theme Song || Bloodstream: Stateless

~~~~~~

October steadied herself, abruptly refraining from saying anything more as Eric spoke with his..boss. It could have been about anything to be honest, the man was trusted it would seem and he had other matters to attend to. Of course he had other matters to attend to, this wasn't some ordinary person she was speaking with and she wasn't a companion to him. The fact that this disappointed her in some mysterious way didn't help matters and October curiously looked on in order to catch some information about the conversation he was having. To avoid suspicion, she opened the book and began to quietly read, lowly muttering the words under her breath. If he had left the library, it would have been possible for her to look for any form of an escape but he hadn't..

Why wasn't that alarming to her?

It was amazing how that worked, a human trait which had been embedded into her to welcome the comfort of interaction with others..even if it wasn't secure. She supposed it had something to do with a psychological effect of sorts but she had never done well with psychology, she assumed that she had become much too comfortable with the thought of residing here and it was unnerving how that had happened in such a short amount of time. How had this man been able to make her even care for his well-being? October inwardly scoffed at the notion before struggling to fixate on the small lettering printed carefully into the yellowed page..something about a taxi and a death. She couldn't understand the contents at the moment, the brief realization that she had entertained Eric was still making her stomach churn. She had never cared much for people, she had never been great with adhering to their standards or making them happy but she made an exception every now and then..Eric happened to be this exception. She had only encountered Mr. Satou for a brief amount of time but she hadn't held any kind of harshness for his well-being and although she knew there would be consequences, it was strange to think that she had not chosen to outwardly snap at him or his counterparts. Kindness was a poison that spread slowly, October despised it. She was going to get out of here, she had to..

There would be no slip of the tongue again. She couldn't get attached, she would maintain this content facade or she would risk slipping easily into the abyss and succumbing to their wishes..that wasn't going to happen.

Jadran

The voice of Eric on the other line stabilized the Mafia boss for a minute and he cleared his throat. "I'm going to send you an address through text message and I need you to get rid of the body that is inside. The utmost of discretion needs to be taken. I don't care where you bury it, just get rid of it," He told the Underboss through a voice that was breaking with every word and quivered slightly at the end.

Jadran let out a heavy breath before continuing. "After that, I need you back at the Estate. Things need to be discussed amongst the members. Changes are going to have to be made," The Italian explained. "I will send you the address via text. Good-bye, Eric." The man then hung up the phone, stuffed it in his pocket and readjusted the infant that he now solely cared for. His eyes danced around the room. He wasn't particularly sure in what he needed. He'd only been around to play with Vincente, and had never actually cared for him, save for a few diaper changes.

He was remaining oddly composed and that was due to the fact that he was in a state of shock. His mind was unable to believe that she was dead and he was now the only one who would tend to Vincente. A chill ran down the expanse of his spine as he gather whatever he could. The crib would have to stay, as would the rest of the furniture, but he could gather as many supplies as possible. And that's exactly what he did.

With two bags full of things and Vincente somewhat strapped into his car seat, Jadran left. He strapped the car seat into the back of his car and then climbed into the driver's seat. The infant was, surprisingly, still asleep and hadn't done much more than make indignant noises at being moved. The man in the front started the car and drove carefully back to the Estate, though much slower and careful now that he had his son in the back seat.

They arrived back rather quickly, even with the traffic that cursed Toronto's streets, and Jadran got out of the car after parking in the garage. He stood still for a moment, rubbing his forearms with the opposite hands, before opening the door to get Vincente out. After unstrapping the carseat, and jostling it out a bit roughly, the infant did let out a small cry and Jadran was quick to silence him, balancing the carseat on the top of the car. "Tranquillo, oca. Tutto è a posto ora. Dormi, dormi," The dark-haired male soothed the shifting infant. The baby quieted after another cry, and fell back to sleep.

proxy.php

Place - The Santorini Estate

Zoë

The first thing the dark-haired woman registered was that her head hurt. Immensely. The hangover just heightened that pain. She groaned, feeling unfamiliar and soft fabric beneath her as she pushed herself up. She felt the back of her head, the flesh tender beneath her fingertips. She hissed at the pain and withdrew her hand, though she greatly wanted to grasp it. As if that were going to make the pain lessen any.

"Ouch," Zoë winced aloud to convey how she was feeling. Her vision was rather blurry, but cleared only a few moments after. It took only a few moments to realize that she had no idea where she was. The surroundings were white, clean. The bed was comfortable and she would have dozed on it, had she known where she was. But, alas, she did not and therefor she stood. She was a bit wobbly at first, but regained her balance after a few seconds of holding onto the bed frame.

She moved from piece of furniture, to piece of furniture until she reached the doors. She pulled it open, quietly, and stared at the man positioned outside. He was tall, muscular, with thick and dark waves on his head and a crisp suit covering his body. He stood completely alert and tense, as if something was going to jump out at him, but had failed to see her open the door. "Uh, excuse me," She said, and he whipped around to face her in an instant.

"Where the fuck am I, and who the fuck are you," Zoë asked, her tone accusatory. It took only a few more words before Zoë shouted loudly and angrily in her native tongue, the man seeming confused at what she was saying, but remained in front of her so she was unable to get past. He didn't want to know what she was saying. It was completely obscene and vulgar, and spilled from her mouth like poison as her hands flew around. She wasn't going to stop until she knew where she was.

Interacting With: @NimbusTheCat

Mentioned: N/A

Team Capello

2nr0pjm.jpg

India Mason

"Where are my cheesy eggs, man!?" A man growled over the chattering people of the cafe, a strong Boston accent coming from his mouth. It was India's customer and... he had only been waiting ten minutes! Sighing roughly, India paced to the back, seeing the chefs do their thing as they flipped flapjacks and scrambled the raw, yolks of eggs. Jeffery, one of her close friends, had just piled a load of cheesy eggs onto a white plate, holding it out o her. Chuckling, India rushed over and grabbed the plate in her tiny hands.

"Thank you for saving me from an angry Man." She joked, causing him to laugh as he rolled his eyes and watched her hurry off. She got to the man on the other side of the diner, setting his plate of scrambled eggs in front of him. The man looked at them, and then back up at her...smiling? She was not expecting that but--hey! She'll take it.

"Thank you my Dear." He hummed, digging his fork into his meal. India softly returned the favor with a small 'you're welcome' and continued taking orders.

By the time India's break had came, she gave out... well, a lot of order's. They were packed today... It was always like this during this time of the week so, She should be used to it by now. But let's be honest, no one can get used to a packed, small diner where you have to squeeze through everybody, making sure they got their order and taking care of the agitated customers beforehand. She wasn't hungry though.. just a tad thirsty. Buying herself an orange juice from the transparent refrigerator, she unscrewed the lid and tilted her head back, taking a few gulps from it before capping it back up. She sat at the bar, just giving Jefferey this stupid grin/smirk like thing that always makes him laugh and stay of task, but it causes her to laugh too so she can't really.. do it long.

Feeling her phone vibrate in her back pocket, leaning forward and gripping the Iphone 5 with her right hand, she looked down at it. Her Mother was calling. Sighing to herself, she swiped the answer button on her phone and held it to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked hesitantly, looking down at the marble counter in front of her.

"How are you Dear?" Her Mother giggled into the phone.

"I'm at work Mom, so a bit stressed out." She chuckled weakly. "How're you?"

"I'm good, I have a favor to ask." India already knew she wanted something.. that's all she ever calls her for.

"Ask away..." She murmured.

"I need you to pick up a present for me, for your Brother's shower.." Her Mother explained as if it were nothing. Which it wouldn't be, but there's always a catch. "I was planning on getting him the crib, carrier and car-seat trilogy set they have out at the mall but, with the wedding being so soon, my expenses are running short." She finished... like India said, always a catch.

"Mom.. I don't know if I have the money for that. You already know the deal--" She was cut off.

"I'll pay you back Dear, I promise. I love you... Gotta go, we're at the rental place now." And with that, India's phone line went silent.

"Love you too.." She muttered, putting her phone away and resting her elbows on the counter, rubbing her face in a stressful manner.

Eric Montagne

333v67l.jpg

Well, it was far from the strangest order that he'd ever received, and, if Eric were to be completely honest, it wasn't exactly out of the ordinary either. But there was something in the way his boss had spoken, in that shaky quality of voice that was so entirely uncharacteristic of him, that told him that something had gone terribly wrong, and a million questions swam through his head at once. Who exactly was he burying, and what was their significance? What was it that had caused Jadran to sound so utterly...shattered? What "changes" was his boss speaking of? As quickly as these inquiries arose, however, he did his best to chase them into the back of his mind. It was not his job to question, only to do.

The Underboss viewed the address that had been sent to him, committing it to memory as he promptly stood, running a hand through his already unkempt hair in an anxious motion.

"Well, Ms. Bartholomew, it appears something important has come up. I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you with another one of our personal guards. Don't worry, he won't disturb your reading; there aren't many men around here who are as...high energy as I am."

It was, in a way, a masked apology, though he wasn't exactly certain what he was apologizing for. This minor internal conflict, though, was quickly forgotten in favor of the more pressing matter at hand. He would call in the guard on his way out.

"Until I return."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He found her body in the bedroom. She was a beautiful woman. Or, rather, she would have been, if not for the ugly, glaring bruises that distorted her delicate features. Once again, Eric found it impossible to hold back the multitude of questions that arose as he knelt down beside the woman's corpse. Who was she, that her death had shaken his boss so entirely? What would the circumstances of this event mean for the Capellos as a whole? There was something off about the entire thing, and Eric felt a deep sense of foreboding at the notion that he just could not shake.

Nevertheless, he had a job to do.

"Je suis désolé que cela vous est arrivé, Mademoiselle. Je suis ici pour vous mettre au repos. (I am sorry that this happened to you. I am here to put you to rest.)"

Whoever she was, the least she deserved was a proper burial. Without another word, Eric lifted the sheet off of the bed and took great care in wrapping it around her before gently lifting her corpse and carrying her out, through the mangled entryway which now served as the only indication that the break-in had ever occurred, to the back seat of his car. He knew exactly the place that befit the burial of such a captivating young woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The hill was located on the outskirts of the city, untouched by the evil and degradation of human activity. It wasn't the type of place where Eric would generally spend his time; it was much too peaceful for him, the silence of the area leaving too much time for personal reflection. But he had passed it from time to time, when the need arose to drive out of the city, and as far as final resting places went, it wasn't half bad. Eric had even been able to find a patch of flowers growing nearby, a handful of which he placed upon the freshly turned earth of the woman's makeshift grave.

After several hours of digging - he had, thankfully, had the foresight to bring a shovel along - he wasn't exactly in the most desirable state. He smelled of dirt and sweat, but, unfortunately, there was no time to do anything about that fact just at the moment. Returning to the estate was his next greatest priority.

"Au revoir, Mademoiselle. Dors maintenant. Tu l'as mérité. (Goodbye. Sleep now. You've earned it.)"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mentioned:

@AbstractAnnabella

@Mortem

circle-of-love.regular.png

Trigger Warning: Contains thoughts of self/harm and hatred of one's own person.

X009G4UM_ho1.jpg
-Theme Song-

-Outfit-

Clothing.

-Mood-

Sick/Anxious/Nauseous/Nostalgic

----------

Sometimes she missed her. When the cold wind seeped into her very essence, when the rain tapped at her window, when death seemed imminent with every sneeze or cough...she missed her like no other. Her soul would weep for the loss of a girl she had once known and she would blatantly ignore its cries of pain, she would despise herself for having ever existed and life would carry on like any other. Tonight was more worse, the young woman pressed her face against cool linoleum as a wave of nausea overcame her before resisting the urge to empty her lunch onto the surface. She would have to get through tonight alone again, she had neglected to pick up the phone when her boss called and Lulu knew that she was possibly going to be excused, pity had somehow been a constant subject around the woman she worked for and no one liked to see the sickly residing on the streets. Sometimes Lulu hated people. Sometimes she despised them. Sometimes she loathed her own existence. It was no wonder that she had been left for dead in a confined room deep within the walls of a hospital, listening intently for the familiar baritone of her father and the soft melodic voice belonging to her mother.

They never came. She wouldn't ever forgive them. Lulu gripped her stomach tightly, squeezing her eyes shut as a sob managed to spill out of her mouth like water, the sound going unheard within her freezing bathroom. Her apartment was constantly being blasted with cold air, it always seemed to bring out the worst of her medical condition in the winter, maybe she deserved it. Maybe God was playing some cruel trick on her, teaching her a lesson that would never be learned in hopes that she would finally realize what was happening..she was dying. There, she had said it.. Well, not exactly however it was as close to an acknowledgment that the subject would receive. The doctors donning white coats and stethoscopes had relayed this information to her a plethora of times however she could never quite grasp what they were trying to say, if she was truly meant to die then why had she been born in the first place? What cruel being had decided that it would be comedic to place a girl into a world filled with disease, witnessing said girl slowly kill herself with just an inhalation of the air that others expelled. Lulu had never been a religious person, she had never found it to be as comforting, there was a substantial lack of evidence in such a trivial topic and the young woman couldn't understand why she had to be the one to suffer. As if this statement was being validated, Lulu rose quickly although she was unable to make it to a trash can in time; a steady stream of blood flowed from her throat and she hacked and wheezed through it as best as she could.

She wasn't going to visit a doctor. Not again. Not ever. They would only tell her of the chances of survival, they would tell her what she already knew, what she had come to terms with long ago. Her immune system had been severely weakened to the point where she was constantly on the verge of collapsing, it had regained some vital ounce of strength during her stay in that dreaded ward however the sickness was slowly returning..she could feel it coming on. Lulu forced herself to stand, shivering violently as she wiped sweat from her brow before nearly knocking over a bottle of pills in her eagerness to retrieve a towel. She steadied herself before snagging one that appeared suitable and cleaning up after herself, red intermingled with white tiling and the girl could feel her vision blur.

'Come on, you can do it.' She mustered up what little strength was left before nearly tumbling to the ground, sighing quietly as her skin made contact with the ground again. She would get through this.

It would come to pass.

Or she would die in the process.

September 17th | Next Day | Approx 2:41PM

Listen to the song while you read it.

Jadran

Jadran's fingers rested absentmindedly on the edge of the carrier. He was in his office and had been for quite some time now, though it felt as if the minutes were barely dragging by. He was sure that everyone in the house knew of the child, even if he hadn't addressed it formally, as Vincente had cried for most of that night. He was asleep now, but Jadran kept at rocking the carrier, spaced out and blank faced. It was like he had been unable to feel anything for the past hours. Every breath had been forced and several bouts of tears held back. He felt as if he were losing control of himself. All those years of building up that emotional wall and it took one swipe to knock it down. One woman and he had broke.

The memories of the night his mother had been proclaimed dead rushed back to him in a split second. Her bruised and bleeding face, his father screaming and Jadran's inability to move. The doctor's announcing she would never again sing around the house or brighten up the room with her laugh. Telling them she was nothing more than a machine run body. Then the fight that had gone on between Jadran and his father. The words spoken, the final decision and the hurriedly made exit by his father. And while that had taken a shard of his heart, Cecilia's death would tear him in half.

What little resolve he had mustered up in that moment was gone as those first few tears slid over his thick lashes. His hand moved from the carrier and his elbows soon rested on the desk, head cradled in his own hands. How he wished that Cecilia's were the ones there instead and how he wished that she was there to whisper soothing things to him, while her delicate fingers carded through his hair. She would never again sing their baby boy to sleep and she would never again make him smile at her sheer goofiness. She had been the one and he had allowed her to be ripped from his life. He had been selfish.

"
Perché lei? Prendete me, invece. Per favore." He weeped into his hands, shoulders shaking with each violent sob. If he was going to break down, it had to be in private and where his men were unable to see him. He could not be perceived as weak, by them especially. Jadran was trying to convince himself that this was the only time he'd cry. It had to be. But, he was lying to himself and he knew it. He would cry until his body was barren of tears. Until his eyes were raw, bloodshot and irritated. And yet, he would be putting on a face in public that portrayed he was fine.

That was what his job was and he would have to live with that. He wept into his hands, the slick tears wetting his fingertips and sliding down and over his neck. His breathing was horribly uneven and his shoulders still shook. Each breath took effort and yet he tried to make the effort to stop the heartbroken noises from his mouth. He couldn't let his members hear. He couldn't be weak. He could never be weak. Jadran's hands moved from his eyes and wiped the tears from his cheeks and jaws. They then worked back up where they rubbed at his eyes.

His chest ached and he looked at Vincente, who was still sleeping peacefully. Breaths came in short painful gasps as he tried to calm himself down. The face had to go back on now and he would have to keep it on. For the mafia, for the game and for Vincente; he would have to be strong. That was going to be the most difficult part.

Translations: "Why her? Take me instead. Please."

Interacting With: No one

Team Capello

2nr0pjm.jpg

Cristiano Santorini

2:56 PM | Zoë's Room | Mood: Tired, Amused, I-don't-give-a-shit | @Mortem @lonecoyote

That girl Zoë was annoying. She'd made so much racket over the night to the point that Cristiano ordered for someone to inject her with a sleep serum, which only helped for a few hours. He admired her vigor but it wouldn't be long before that wall would slowly tumble. She'd start off strong but with each passing day, Cristiano would make sure to break whatever hopes she had before entering the estate. It wasn't because he particularly enjoyed destroying people, but because they were easier to handle when they weren't fighting for something. He knew that from personal experience.

It was now near three and surprisingly Zoë wasn't yelling as when she first awoke. Cristiano acknowledged the made-man who stood at her door before stepping into the room. He made his presence known with the black suit he wore, buttons on the top undone and hair combed nicely. The scent that entered his nose was painfully familiar and he briefly forgot who he was and why he was there for a moment. It wasn't until he saw dark, flowing hair in the corner of his eyes when he fully returned to his position as Mafia Boss.

"Zoë Metaxes." He cooed smoothly as he eyed her. She appeared the same as when she first arrived but much, much more irritated and he couldn't stop the twitch of a smirk from happening. Cristiano took a careful step forward and continued to speak. "Welcome to the Santorini estate. I'm sure you're very confused as to why you're here and you will continue to be confused depending on how observative you are because I don't owe you an explanation. But," He paused. "Since you will be my guest for a year, that means you can walk around. Don't try anything stupid like running though." The suave male turned without hearing her response but stopped at the door. "My Capo will also be the one watching over you. If you have questions, I don't care."

Natasha Belova

3:45 PM | Studio Apartment | Mood: Surprised, Frustrated

It was her day off, thankfully. Natasha sat comfortably on her plush, dark sofa and flipped through the channels on her TV. Her hair was in an unkempt bun and her face bared no traces of makeup except a big of eyeliner. She let a soft sigh, showing how blissfully at peace she was in her Marvel sleep shirt and fuzz socks. It almost amazed her at how different she was when she was alone, not with her thoughts, but physically. Of course, this tranquil state she was in soon disappeared when loud banging came from her apartment door.

Frowning, the Russian rose slowly from her spot, the gray Marvel sleeping t falling mid-thigh. She dragged her feet across the wooden floor before finally reaching the door and peering through the peep hole. A confused expression crossed her face at who she saw but that immediately disappeared when she opened the door and her coworker was holding a baby. It wasn't just any baby, however, but the baby Natasha signed off the day before.

"(1)Chto ty zdes' delayesh' s etoy rebenkom?" Natasha asked in her native tongue to the woman. The woman, a fellow Russian, let out an exasperated sigh. The young intern could see bags under her eyes as she let the woman in who replied, "(2)Ty yedinstvennyy chelovek, ya znayu, kto mozhet zabotit'sya o rebenke. You have to help me, Natasha."

Natasha raised an eyebrow, letting the woman continue to speak. "None of the local orphanages can sign her and we haven't gotten in touch with long-distance ones. I took her to my house last night thinking we'd find someone today but... I just can't keep her you know? I have my own children."

It took a bit for Natasha to process. She didn't understand why none of the orphanages in the area could take the baby. Similar situations had happened before but never to this severity. It almost broke her heart when she looked into the small human's eyes. "Fine, okay." Natasha replied as she took the baby from her co-worker's arms. "But quickly find a a place, yeah?"

Her co-worker smiled thankfully and nodded before leaving Natasha and the baby alone. Natasha gazed into her eyes and smiled softly. "No one has name you, huh?" She bit her lip and felt her conscious fight against her. It would be wrong of her to name the child because the child wasn't her's and a name met attachment. But when she heard the sound of a saxophone in the distance and the innocent smile that appeared on the baby's face, Natasha couldn't stop the words the exited her mouth. "Cecilia. Saint of Music."

Translation:

(1)
"What are you doing here with the baby?"

(2)
"You're the only one I know that can take care of a child."

Damon

Tom-Hardy-Hairstyle-Hair-Color-Name-04.jpg

The light filtered through the top and sides of the shades, waking Damon a litter earlier than he was used to. The first thing that registered to the man was the fact that he was curled up next to Kenny--
his Kenny. The blond pulled the man closer to him, facing the inner-wall of the minimally decorated room. Last night had gotten weird.

After he received a text, Kenta became really agitated. Simultaneously, Damon was a little woozy from the fight. Someone managed to get him in the jaw with a brass-knuckled fist. It wasn't until he began singing Katy Perry songs, off-key, that his counterpart became concerned and thus took him to his home. Whether or not it was because he was afraid of Jadran's reaction or not, the man didn't know. Within minutes of stumbling inside Kenny's home and onto his couch, Damon pulled the man down to him and captured his lips. Even with the possible concussion, Damon knew exactly what he was doing. He took the gamble with the convenient buffer of being dizzy for the count to be his alibi.

He wasn't prepared to be kissed back.

How he ended up in bed, he had no clue. Damon shifted slightly as not to wake up the raven-haired man. He quietly made his way to the kitchen, noticing his clothing was missing save for his underwear. As he began to chug a random bottle of SmartWater, the doorbell rang. Shrugging to himself, Damon walked to the large Oak-wood doors and opened one, wide and prideful for a guy who was largely resembling a porn-star in the small bit of fabric.

"May I help you?" he asked, scratching his head with his free hand.

@GakuHirashime​

Kenta Satou

RPHeader.jpg

Ken wasn't sure what was going on with the boss but he received a message from Eric telling him to not return to the Estate tonight. This was quite odd but he didn't want to question his higher ups. That was when he glanced at Mr. Damon who was singing all kinds of pop songs that Ken had no clue about. In his mind he figured that maybe it was best to not have Mr. Damon return to the estate either. Whatever the situation was it was evident that the boss did not want to be disturbed. While this wasn't something that he would ever suggest, since he keeps his private life separate from his mafia life, he decided to tell Mr. Damon to spend the night. He had not thought much of it and in fact maybe having someone else over would help take his mind off of Polenski.

When they arrived to his small and empty apartment all was normal, or so he thought. He never imagined that when Mr. Damon laid on his couch that he would call Ken over and kiss him. Ken can't remember the last time he was caught off guard like this and with a kiss too. He felt like this was the barrier he was not supposed to cross. This man that entered his life abruptly resembled everything he feared. Mixing his work with his personal life. He knew that the reasonable thing to do was say no. To politely decline the advances and to move on with his somber lonely life. Yet...he couldn't do it. This man had captivated him entirely and all rational thoughts had escaped his mind immediately. He thought to himself that just this once he could let go. So he did. The rest was a blur as his mind was muddled by the overwhelming sensation of feeling affection physically for the first time in a long time. How was he supposed to let go of this now that it's been opened? Pandora's box.

Ken woke up to the sound of the door opening to his apartment. Instantly feeling like he was being snapped back into the harsh reality that he lived in. He knew that could only be one person. Probably the worst person that could've arrived at this very moment except for maybe Jadran. That was when it hit Ken. He just made-out with Jadran's cousin then followed it up with probably a night of snuggling and who knows what else. this was a recipe for some disaster but he definitely had to deal with the disaster that was about to unfold in front of him. He looked towards the door to find Damon, now to be addressed in a more personal manner, holding the door open to a rather angry looking Polenski.

He quickly rose out of bed and walked over to the two of them. Feeling a bit embarrassed by the situation and with having Damon see Polenski. Before he had the chance to say anything Polenski showed the two of them his phone. Which had on it a bunch of calls made to Ken throughout the night and morning.

"Who is this!? I've been calling you since last night and you refused to answer. Now I show up to find some chump at your place. You've got me, I'm sure I can work you better than this asshole." Polenski crossed his arms with an air of authority though he was easily half the size that Damon was. He was no match for the made-man and Ken knew that.

"Listen...I've told you before, multiple times. We are done for. I must escort Damon back to his home. Please do so kindly as to leave." With that said Ken walked away from the door to begin getting dressed. He just needed to get the motions going toward something that wasn't so stressful to deal with.

"Damon? Ohhhh! So he's good enough to get you to call him by his first name but not me? That's stupid, I look ten times better than this dude. I'm not leaving until this guy beats it first.
Alone." Polenski crossed his arms with the world's most annoying pout face on.

Ken couldn't believe that he was dealing with this right now. He didn't know how to get rid of the guy or how to exit without any problems. He sighed deeply as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. He felt like he really dug himself a new one. Not to mention he just met Damon yesterday so who can imagine what he is thinking now. This is the only situation Ken has found himself in where he doesn't know what to do. It was quite irritating and he felt rather weak...for the first time in his life.

tumblr_m8q07mDgHE1r3055wo1_500.gif

Paislee Armbrüster

tumblr_mmvk2y2pf51qb9is3o1_500.gif

Paislee waited patiently for Cristiano to arrive. So long that she sat the briefcase down on his desk and decided to go play with her pets.

"Notify me when he gets here, ok? I'm going to go play with my babies." she said, looking at the, with a stern look.

"If I find out either of you took anything, I'll be very upset. Got it?" she asked and watched them nod before leaving the room. Paislee then walked away. She walked outside and past the backyard and through a place made just for Paislee. It was made with the efforts of the things she has done and annoying the dog piss out of Cristiano until he caved.

Paislee put her hand on the scanner and waited for it to open the door. When the door opened, Paislee saw a massive male lion look at her. She looked right back at him before looking at the lioness that joined him. Paislee sat down at the entrance and looked away from the lions. The two lions let out mighty growl at her.

"Komm, Jezebel und Jack.(Come, Jezebel and Jack)" she said with a smile and opened her arms to the two. The two lions ran to her and nuzzled their heads against her. Paislee smiled greatly and kissed each of their heads, ruffling up their fur.

"How are my babies today? Mommy missed you both!" she said and cooed to them.

"Where's your brothers and sisters? Kane, Ysabell, Franchesca, Josiah!" she called and heard the call of a two tigers, a jaguar, and a bear. Paislee nodded and smiled. There were many animals in "The Playpen" as Paislee called it. They were all doing what they wanted. There were snakes, birds, big cats, wolfs, almost anything one could think of. They were all taken care for by Paislee and those she trained. Paislee played and roamed through the Playpen, greeting her babies and giving them as much love as she could. Since her dating life was a bit rocky, she felt closest to her animals.

When she got close to the exit, she heard a knocking on the door. Paislee saw the two men. She sighed and looked at Jezebel, Jack, and Franchesca who were on either side of her. Paislee opened the door and looked at the men. The two immediately looked at the animals.

"What is it?" she asked with a raised brow.

"Cristiano wants you upstairs." one of them said. Paislee nodded and looked at the cats.

"Kommen, Jack. Blieben für Mama.(Come, Jack. Stay for mama.)" she said to the two female cats who whined. Paislee laughed and kissed their heads before walking out with Jack following her. Cristiano had a rule about the animals coming in and out of the house, but Paislee never listened to those rules. She thought they were idiotic since the animals were house trained.

When she and Jack were inside, she saw men who pointed her where to go. Jack, on the other hand, was letting out roars.

"Stille. Sie sind zu laut. (Hush, you're being too loud.)" she scolded the lion who let out another roar. Paislee rolled her eyes. When she spotted the room Cristiano was in, she approached it.

"I was told you needed me," she said, holding a hand up behind her. It was a universal sign for stop and sit that Paislee taught all of her animals. While she waited for him to speak, she could hear some commotion inside of the room. Paislee stuck her head into the room and saw a girl in there. She looked angry. Paislee couldn't help but to laugh.

"Did you catch a civilian? I'm surprised. I thought this would be below your pay grade." she teased her boss and laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back