• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Omega III | Space Cowboy/Pirates RP | Closed

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Welcome to Omega III
Plot: In the far future where space travel and colonization have become the norm, humanity has expanded its living space to the far reaches of the known galaxy. With humanity fading and the resources of the Universe starting to dwindle, some five hundred billion humans began the long journey back home, to Earth. However, humanity has outgrown its capacity to repatriate that many people and thus began the riots, where the many factions of humanity battled for a stake on Earth. The riots did not subside until an authoritarian universal government by the name of the Black Syndicate declares Earth a sacred planet, and thus forbidden for humanity to repopulate. Amid riots and illegal entries into Earth, the Black Syndicate set up a legalized contract system, in which registered bounty hunters (also referred to as "Cowboys") chase criminals and bring them in alive in return for a reward. Rising against the Black Syndicate, Ace leads an outlaw crew aboard his starship Omega III to undertake daring raids against Earth's oppressors. It is up to you and the members of Omega III to reclaim the planet.

Expectations:
Throughout the course of the RP, players can gamble in seedy saloons, fly across the galaxy, instigate shootouts, fend off robots, and uncover mysterious mysteries.
Friendships will be made. Alliances will be tested. Bonds will be broken.

How To:
This section assumes that you've expressed interest in the Interest Group and made your character(s) in the Character Sheet. If you have not done either of those, please do so.
Being a text-based roleplay, the events of Omega III will proceed through- you guessed it- the players' text. Words are your controls, sentences your actions. Everything that your character does, says, thinks, and feels is described through your writing. It’s like writing a little bit of a narrative every time you post. You are playing the part of your character by writing about them.
Please begin each post by placing your character's name at the top. After that, write your character’s actions, speech, thoughts, feelings, etc. It is expected you write in the third person. If interacting with other players' characters, tag the player(s) of the characters at the bottom of your post, as shown below. This will make it easier for everyone to keep track of who's interacting with who.

Repeat the process for each of your characters, if you have more than one.

Rules:
Rules are here to keep the game fun. If you do not agree with the rules and cannot follow them, then, unfortunately, you won't be able to join. These rules are presented upon application to the roleplay and by creating a character you ACCEPT them and agree to follow them. So, if you don't take the time to read them, you are still responsible for adhering to them. Lastly, I won't hesitate to ban or report you if you break any of the fundamental rules of RPN.

• Follow RPN rules.
  • Keep OOC, OOC.
  • Be active and communicative.
  • Be tolerant.
  • All posts must be a minimum of one paragraph long (5-8 Sentences)
  • Don't be heavy on the trigger aka annoying or susceptible.
  • Coding is okay but please refrain from any unreadable font (No bright colors or weird cursive etc.)
  • Please post in the OOC when you are going to be away from RPN so that the story can adjust around your character's absence.
  • NO GOD MODDING
  • Don't argue on my rulings. If you have a complaint, send a formal PM and we can discuss between adults.

Listen, follow the rules or follow the fools. If someone is acting stupid, don't be like them. Be the mature one, ignore the thread for as long as you need and message me in private to deal with that shizz. Trust me, I won't let them stick around longer for the sake of not having a dropout if they crossed a major line.

Character Roster:
Triangles Triangles | Ace
Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova | Shin & Katrell
Northless Northless | Damaris
Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic | Hotshot
Maeve Valor Maeve Valor | Hammerhead
Jason Demac Jason Demac | Sir Brunswick
DewOfTheMountains DewOfTheMountains | Doc
PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss | Ringu
Viper Actual Viper Actual | Nataliss
Graystone713 Graystone713 | Gnash​

Last edited:
Ace
Human Male | 27 | Captain of Omega III
Interactions: Open

Ding, ding.

The bell above the old wooden door chimed as Ace entered the rustic saloon outside of Edison. The smell of cigarettes, beer, and sweat lingered in the musty air as Ace strolled through the bar. The roar of voices that could be heard from outside seized to a low hum as all of the drunks in the bar turned, eyeballing Ace as he passed. Whispered conversations were quickly drowned out by the jukebox playing in the corner. As Ace walked across the antiquated wooden floor, the boards began to whine and creak. Ace watched as some of the drunks got up from their seats, stumbling as they quickly exited the bar. As he approached the counter a large jolly looking man stood on the other side. He greeted Ace with a toothy smile as he finished wiping out a glass mug.
"Ace, my boy, it's been awhile!" The bartender spoke with a raspy voice. He was plump man, sporting a stained white tee underneath some beat-up denim overalls. His long brown beard was stained yellow around his mouth and his bald head shined beneath the florescent bar lights. Ace sat at one of the vacant stools at the bar, "Whattya buyin'?" The bartender hissed. Ace leaned in over the bar.
"Whattya sellin'?" Ace asked with a smirk as he pulled out a small sack filled with gold coins. He placed the sack on the bar top and let the bartender examine the coins.
"Oy!" He exclaimed, "Why these puppies could buy out my whole stock of liquor!" He laughed, his gut jiggling as he did so. "But somethin' tells me you ain't here for no booze, eh?" He placed the gold coin to his eye continuing to examine it.
"C'mon friend," Ace replied, "You know what I'm here for." The bartender looked Ace up and down with a smug look on his face, his right eyebrow raising as he did so.
"You ain't with that Black Syndicate bullshit are ya? Cus you know all we sell is booze here." He looked intently at Ace's eyes, trying to get a good read on him.
"No, I'm not with that 'Black Syndicate bullshit.' It almost hurts me inside to know you'd think that lowly of me." Ace leaned back, grabbing the coin from the bartender to put it back in the sack. Removing the sack from the table, he put it back in his long black trench-coat. "No worries though, I can take my business elsewhere I suppose." Ace sighed, removing himself from the bar.

Just as he turned around to leave, the bartender's voice stopped him.
"Wait," He said, stopping Ace in his tracks,"I just got my shipment in, c'mon back." Ace smiled mischievously as he turned around to follow the bartender into the backroom. Behind two metal doors, the bartender lead Ace down a narrow hallway. "You're lucky you got to me first," The bartender explained, "Usually these other buyers take my whole stock. I'm not one hundred percent sure what they do, but I do know they're in popular demand." At the end of the hallway was another door. The bartender opened the door to reveal crates of clear cylinders stacked on top of one another. Inside the cylinders were glowing orbs, most of which were of a bright florescent yellow. One however, stood out to Ace.

Ace's mouth dropped in awe as he approached the crates. The cylinder with a bright blue orb sat in the middle of all the others.
"This one," Ace pointed, "I need it." He pulled the cylinder out from the bunch, handling it so frailly. The light from the orb reflected onto Ace's face as he looked at the bartender.
"Huh," The bartender looked at the orb in Ace's hand, "I don't think I've seen that color before. For that one it'll be doub-"
"Deal." Ace pulled out the bag of coins with his free hand and tossed it at the bartender. He slipped the cylinder into his coat pocket to remove another item, his Number 1. Ace proceeded to point the weapon at the bartender.

"Maxwell Oxford, you're under arrest for the possession of an alien substance. Anything you say can and-" Without finishing his sentence, Ace was interrupted as the bartender sprinted out of the room. Ace sighed deeply, "Why? Why do they always run?" Ace proceeded to sprint after the suspect with his weapon in hand, "C'mon, Max, you can't run forever!"

Last edited:
Hotshot
Human Male | 29 | Opportunity Watchman
Interactions: Open

Brief flashes of light among the dark alleyways. Gunshots heard in the distance, just barely audible above the storm. Just another day on Opportunity. Kord thought to himself. Kord took in the sight that was Opportunity City in the darkness of the night from the tenant building in which he lived. Sure, you have a very good chance of dying once you step one foot out your front door, but man that skyline was something to look at.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Kord darted his eyes to the door. Footsteps. Flipping the nearby table over and taking cover, Kord drew his pistol. Must be a nice day to kill someone with this damn storm. The footsteps stopped at the foot of his front door. The slight jingle of the door nob echoed throughout the dim room as someone on the other end handled the nob. The door opened. Kord fired one round into the wall next to the door. "Watch it, Hotshot!" Kord breathed a sigh of relief. "Ever heard of knocking, Deadeye?" Deadeye chuckled, a smirk formed on his face. "A little jumpy today, are we Hotshot? Well, since you just announced my arrival to the rest of the building..." "This is Opportunity, Deadeye. Opportunity. Since when do people not hear gunshots?" "Hehe... Can't argue that, my friend." Kord put his gun down and picked up the table he had knocked over. "What the hell are you doing here anyways, Deadeye?" Deadeye held up a tablet. A white background and the insignia of the Watchmen in the foreground, an eye. "So what is it this time. Some big time criminal? Head of a criminal ring? Some random shoplifter?" "No idea." "What? What do you mean you have no idea?" Deadeye put the tablet on the table in front of Kord. "What I mean is that only you can open it." Kord looked down at the tablet. Only I can open it, huh? Well, no use in waiting. One hand print, an eye scan of both the retina and iris, and a pass code and Kord was in.

"A really ballsy contract." Kord said as he read through it. "Really high profile contract. No normal Watchman could pull this off." "Which is why the client sent this to you, by name. Paid a lot up front too." Kord kept reading. Head of the Opportunity City Council. Illegal dealings with several criminal elements. Election fraud. Power Hired thugs as bodyguards. Pfft, typical politician. Abuse of power. Hired hitman on his opponents. How damn long is this list of accusations!? Wanted dead. A smirk grew on Kord's face as he read those last two words. "Heh. This is going to be fun." Kord started out the door, changing magazines on his pistol and grabbing extras, along with his protective gear. "Where are you goin', Hotshot?" "Oh, just to pay some poor bastard a visit. Take care of the place for me will ya?"

Odessa
Unknown/ Female/26/Renegade Cowboy

It was always the same wherever she went, no matter where in the galaxy. Whenever she walked into an establishment, she got one of three reactions, fear, atonishment, or blatant lust. It did not matter for it was always the same, people gave a wide girth, and the lusty ones she made them give her a wide girth. Today was no different. The establishment in question had the look of old western saloon, all wood and clockwork and would be mistaken for one too - if it weren't for the numerous aliens that loitered around it's halls. She spotted several common ones about, as well as several aborignals, but a majority of the establishment was human. She had followed her boss in but had immediately drifted away from her boss to stand on one of the bar stools, keeping a close wary eye out. It was a routine of hers that she had perfected over the years, distance yourself from your team, make it seem like you were not a part of them. People were wary of her as well, some even parted to make way to her, and she knew it wasn't because she had the look of a hardened bounty hunter but also because she was downright terrifying to look upon. Odessa smiled a bit under her mane of black hair as she watched her boss at work, and relaxing, put her feet up on the table. Most of the residents had long since avoided looking at her, which suited her just fine. She watched her Boss do some chit-chat with the bartender, doing his work, apparently they were acquantinces if not old friends, which made the job easier. After a couple of chatting and haggling it seems like, her Boss finally won the other over.

This was her cue. She stood up right as they walked through the door and started down the hallway and made her way outside of the saloon. Once she found a seluded area, she activated her jet pack and flew to the establishment's roof where she unholistered her Ice Cannon and waited. If everything went as predicted, their mark would make a run for it. And sure enough, a couple of minutes, the bartender went barreling through a side door and running into the crowd. Her boss following behind. Smirking, she activated both her jet pack and flew off.

It would be a nice surprise for their mark when he realizes that he actually has two cowboys after him. And the fool never thought to look up. Flying a little higher than normal to avoid onlookers, Odessa activated her Ice Cannon and took aim. Within seconds, the bartender's two feet were frozen in ice as she ascended down to the ground right in front of him, eying him from that mane of black hair.

Mentions: Triangles Triangles

Valund leaned against the wall just beside the door of a gambling hall in some shit town he was too hungover to remember the name of. He was fully armored save for his helmet. He didn't like to wear his helmet at port, especially a port he's never been to. He felt it was rude. His armor made him look twice the size he really was, which was already impressive, so most people were looking up at him as they passed. He simply closed his eyes and chewed on the end of his cigarillo.

He hadn't noticed, but he was blocking the window. It being just after mid day, there had been a card game going on just inside and the players noticed when their light vanished. They must have found this annoying, because they came outside to say so.

"Hey, asshole, you make a shitty window." Said the shorter, chubby one with several plunderbuss plasma casters acrossed his chest. Cheap models each only good for one plasma ball a piece.

Jason opened his bad eye and pointed it at them. He still couldn't see them, but he knew it'd look creepy when he did it. He could hear the taller one with a laser blade on his back made a "ehhww" noise under his breath when he did it.

"Hey pal, move." Said the second man. His voice was high and annoying.

Valund took a step to the left, blocking the whole window. He could hear groans and protests from inside. He wasn't quite sure yet where his mark was, so he figured wasting time with a manners lesson might kill the boredom.

"Okay now you're just being a DICK." Said the fat one. His voice was like a low dog's bark. He heard the buckle of leather on metal as he unsheathed what sounded like a single pistol.

Jason turned to face the man who stood up to his waist entirely and opened his eyes.

"Say please."

"What are you my kindergarten teacher??? I said fucking move." He heard a click and the hum of the plunderbuss as it charged its plasma core.

"Who raised you? Who told you cursing at someone will make them do what you want?" Valund slung his duffle bag off his shoulder and unzipped it quickly, and palmed one of the large metal balls inside. He thrust it out towards the end of the man's gun, who's finger was just pulling the trigger. The ball of plasma bit a chunk out of the ball of metal. Molten beads of white hot metal dripped onto the end of the man holding the plasma caster's boot. He screamed in pain, and Valund took this opportunity to punch him in the jaw. Lightly, so as only to knock him out. He then threw the cannonball at the taller man before he could draw his sword. They both fell limply to the ground. Valund put his cannonball back into his dufflebag and slung it back onto his shoulder with his machine gun. He then picked up both men under his arms and replaced them into their seats inside the saloon.

He then pulled up a chair and looked at the other men at the table, lighting his cigar. "What are we playin fellas?"

Last edited:
Nataliss sniffed the air and frowned. The smell of dirt, animal dung and trash was overwhelming to her. Disgusting humans. She raised her right boot from the ground and watched as mud dripped from it at an extremely slow pace. She sighed. Planet Earth... They should've named it "Dung".

Despite the disgusting state of the planet and the lowlife nature of Humans the contract with the Black Syndicate did provide Nataliss with ample sport and score for her clan.

One of the soldiers cleared his throat, causing Nataliss to glance over her shoulder. "Speak", she said while raising an eyebrow.

The soldier, who was but one of many lowlife grunts the Syndicate insisted on sending with Nataliss, made a faux salute before speaking up. "Fresh intel from Watchgroup Seven. Potential stash on Edison. Command wants it dealt with, ASAP."

Edison? Must be good intel for the Syndicate to disturb the peace in one of the few places where Syndicate presence was exceedingly rare. It was quite a trip too.

Nataliss shrugged. Oh well, at least her men would get some offworld combat experience.

Nataliss nodded towards the man. She could smell his sweat. Filthy scum like him was the exact reason she preferred to work with robots.

"Very well then. Ready the men and have the dropships warm-up. We are departing in ten minutes. Have the cruiser stand by in orbit."

The soldier nodded and rushed off to relay the new orders. Nataliss watched as her basecamp on Hallowed Ridge came to life as mercenaries geared up for the next raid.

Last edited:
Damaris Pulsar
Cyborg/Female/26/BS Cowboy

"Alright, again, how did you lost your arm?"

"Half of my arm." Damaris corrected, as if it were the most non-consequential thing in the world and it were not raining in buckets. "It did get shot and was slowing me down severely, and Lfos look to outrrun instead of to fight. I decided to leave it in a safe place."

The other girl rolled her eyes, shrinking even more in her coat. "What's it this time? A roof? A fountain? The lifeless body of a thief? You know how hard it is to take blood out of niquel, of all things..."

Damaris walked to an specially rugged wall, and began to climb it. Her feet made some of an uncanny sound: metal against the hardened aluminum that made most of the planets buildings. She climbed to the window, scaring the shit out of a scholar inside. She walked directly past him, and took her arm from behind some books in a shelve. The man was understandingly surprised, as she walked back, bowed thank you, and jumped from the window.

Back inside, the man just muttered Cowboys... and went back to work.

Damaris passed the machinery piece to her -not amused- assigned mechanic, and revised an incoming message on her optical panel. They needed Cowboy reinforcement in Edison, not far from there. She began walking to their small ship straight away. "We're needed in Edison."

Her companion watched her walk away and shighed. "You're aware you're missing a limb, Robotech!?" Her response promptly acknowledged and ignored, she trailed behind her, muttering something about Cowboys under her breath.

Doc

Anthony waited on Omega III as his boss and a few of his colleagues chased a bounty. He laid back on his chair, feet kicked up on the counter next to the ship control board as he bit into a green-ish alien sandwhich. He had no video feed of what was going down in Edison, so he opened up his laptop and started a casual match of an online card game. There really was no reason for him to man the controls, it was only one man they had to after, it wasn't like Black Syndicate was gonna barge in with 50 fleets and a taste for blood. Though, they have been pretty territorial lately, more than the usual anyway.

But there was no way Black Syndicate knew where they were, there were barely any scout ships on the way here. Plus it would just be impractical, all of the fuel costs and damage risks. Surely, they would think it through.

"Frick yeah!" Anthony yelled excitedly as his screen flashed with victory. Stuffing the rest of his sandwhich into his mouth, he started up another round. Honestly, he had no clue why this wasn't just a solo mission. When Ace announced that they'd be going to Edison, he'd assumed it would be something good. But no, it was a barkeep and some alien goods. He didn't get the need for more than two to go in, but Ace was the boss, so he shrugged it off. Maybe their next head would be more dangerous.

Katrell
Katrell never thought to have made it this far in his travels. His eyes light up like star in the night sky as he wandered around the city parts of Edison. Not all of Edison was dirt and housing. Casinos and such placed in the nicer areas on Edison where the technology was kept to more current times.

Katrell didn't so much care that he stuck out like a sore thumb. His attention was captivated by the fresh new world around him, even if he had been planet side for over a week now. Katrell stopped when he noticed a Racing shop. He rushed to the window and placed both paws on it with his face firmly pressed to the glass. Edison may have been the planet of sin, but it was also home to the best races and pilots around. Katrell's eyes locked onto a picture of his favorite racer. It was in a frame with a silver signature on it. Katrell could feel his heart melt in a way as he looked at it.

Even if back on Vikeding they were more so focused on actual fighting styles and such, his clan had a soft spot for the Edison Races. In their world the Edison racers were champions of their own kind.

Katrell let his eyes shift as he found three people looking at him from inside the store. One had to be the shop owner cus he pointed to the door. Hoping Katrell would come in.

Katrell nodded, which didn't help his look as his face was still on the window. But once in the store Katrell couldn't help but feel like he was a kid that just walked into a candy store for the first times. The shop owner walked over to Katrell and placed his hands together. "You're a fan of the races." He stated.

Katrell motioned his hand to his chest, "Katrell big fan, ya." He stated with excitement. His eyes still circling around the shop.

"Who's your favorite?" The owner asked.

Katrell was quick to take his eyes away from the shop and turn to the window display. "The tiny one." He pointed to the picture.
The shop owner moved over to the window and picked up the photo. He nodded and and then shook his head softly. "A lot of people like Edison." The owner looked to the back of the frame and pinched his lips together. "This piece is a bit pricey. Edison didn't really sign a lot when he raced." The shop keeper looked back to the photo. "Nor did he like showing his face either."He rubbed the back of his next as he looked the photo over. The person in the photo was young and had on googles and a red bandanna around his face, while he stood next to one of his more popular bikes from the races.

"Edison raced all three years and then stopped." Katrell added. "That's because Edison could not find worthy opponent." Katrell waved a hand and shook his head. "Thus why tiny Racer was givin nick name after planet." He crossed his arms over his chest and nodded. "So how much for tiny racer photo?" Katrell asked.

The shop keeper forced a smile as he turned the frame around and let Katrell see the price tag on it.

A large roar was heard from outside the shop, making by standards jump a bit from the roar.

"That is like price of small planet." Katrell took the frame and looked over the price.
The shop owner frowned his brows as he looked from the frame to Katrell. "It's one of the last signatures out there." he told him. "But how about this..."

Katrell rose a brow, "Katrell is listening..."

The next thing Katrell knew was that he was walking back on the streets happy as a little kitten. The photo didn't have a frame... But he had the photo. It costed him an arm and a leg, but Katrell could care less. He was just happy that he had gotten the picture in the first place. "Clan back home will be jealous." He told himself as he walked down the street. He placed the photo away, nice and neat in his back pocket. Making sure it was secure and would not fall out.

With a large grin on his face Katrell walked along for hours.... Not even caring where he was going. At some point he ended up in the more western parts of Edison. He was lost in la-la land for so long that he even had to stop and scratch his head as to where he was. Just as he had done so a man busted out of a tavern door in front of him and took off running. Soon another came out from the tavern in hot pursuit.

Katrell blinked at the sight of this and felt his younger instincts wanting to join in on the chase.
"Katrell will help catch bad guy." Katrell announced to himself as he too ran after the man in question.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss Triangles Triangles
(I will post for Shin in a minute here. Figured this post was getting long... and Shin's post might be just as long... Not sure yet. lol)

Shin

With the music echoing in the over sized garage Shin found himself under one of the racing cars. The feeling of safe and warm kept him focused as he turned the wrench over and over again. He didn't expect the motion that came next as he placed the wrench down and went for another. The ground from under him shifted rather quickly as someone grabbed his foot and pulled him out from under the car. He shaded his eyes from the bright lights as a voice stuck his ears.

"How long have you been down here?" A female asked.

Shin pulled his hand away and a tall woman now stood over him. Her skin was pale as skin could be, her eyes were a light blue and her hair was wild like the pink and black colors that stained it. Shin grumbled as he looked to her. He rubbed the back of one of his hands over his face a bit as he thought. "Ummm...?" he even questioned the question.

The girl rolled her eyes and moved away from Shin and the car. "Exactly." she stated as she went over to one of the tool benches. There she found a carrier holding four hot cups of coffee. "I brought you something to help wake you up." She picked up a cup for herself and then another for Shin. She made her way back over as Shin sat up. He pushed himself off the ground and took the cup that was offered to him. "You, Kaylee, are a life saver." He stated as he blew on the hot liquid.

Kaylee smiled in her ever so cute way as she shrugged her shoulders. "Of course I am." she smiled as she watched Shin take a sip from his coffee. She looked past him and over to the car he had been working on. "Is that the new car for Red Wing?" she asked pointing to it.

Shin nodded slowly as he took a bigger sip from his coffee.

Kaylee went over to the car and looked it over. Running a hand over the side and then she ducked down a bit to look at the inside. "It's looking niicceee." She stated. She spun around on her toes and hopped a bit. "Can we take it for a test drive?" she asked excitedly.

Shin frowned his brows and shook his head. "Are you nuts?" he asked.

Kaylee shrugged at his comment and then it dawned on Shin for the thousandth time... She was literally insane really.

Shin placed his coffee down before walking over to the car. "It wont be ready for another three days or so." He told her.

Kaylee frowned as she looked back into the car. She looked through the car windows and a small smirk slipped onto her lips. She turned back to Shin and pointed to another car. Mind you the whole garage was will with cars and bikes, even a few small drop ships. "How about that one?"

Shin looked over to the car she was pointing at and then turned back to her with a very dull look. "No." he stated flatly.

"You said that one was done a week ago." She whined.
"Yeah, it's done alright... But that's Beck's car." he told her.
"Beck wont mind." She placed both her hands around her coffee. "Besides you two are buddies." she gave him such a huge smile it made Shin sick to his stomach.
"I am not friends with that traitor." Shin stated harshly.
Kaylee rolled her eyes, "Come on now... You still can't be mad."
Shin didn't even respond to her this time. Instead he turned his back to her and started to walk over to one of his work benches. He picked up his bigger tablet and started to glide his fingers over the clear screen. His mind focusing back to his tasks.

Kaylee huffed her cheeks as she hated being ignored. She went over to Shin and placed both her hands on his shoulders. She massaged them a bit before placing her head on one of them. "Please Ed?" she asked. "Just a little ride?" she fluttered her eye lashes a him when he looked to her. Shin took in a deep breath through his nose as he looked away from her. "Come on Brother." She said the word Brother with a growl in her voice as she shook him a bit.

Shin turned to Kaylee and pointed to her with a screw driver, "I am not your brother." He told her.
Kaylee rolled her eyes as Shin headed back towards the car. "We may not be siblings, bbuuuuttttt...." Kaylee rushed in front of him and placed her hands out on his shoulders again, this time facing him. "But when was the last time you had a colossal burger?" She asked with devious grin.

Kaylee was really starting to speak his language, but facts were facts. "And what about mom?" Shin rose a brow. When Kaylee took her hands off Shin and placed them behind her own back, Shin made a sharp tsk sound through his teeth before stepping past her.

"What if I told you I had a hall pass?" Kaylee slowly turned around to look at Shin. Shin paused and then snapped back to her. "What did you trade?" he asked rather quickly.

Kaylee skipped her way over to Shin and once more took him by his shoulders pushing him in the direction of the 'good' car. "Who cares what I traded it for, get in." she shoved him.

Once in the car, of course Kaylee demanded to drive, more like she stole the keys and wouldn't give them back, they were finally out and about.

Shin sat in the passenger seat with a burger and fries on his lap as Kaylee munched on hers while driving. It had been a long time since Shin had been out and about, not to mention fast food. "I forgot how good these things were." Shin stated before taking another large bite from his burger. His eyes peeked up from his food as he looked around as to where they were. He slowly chewed as he noticed that they weren't exactly inside the city like they probably should be.

"Isn't this the old western town?" he asked.
"Yup." Kaylee stated before taking another bite from her burger.
Shin glanced to her and then back to the area around them. "Talk about a tourist standing out." Shin stated as he spotted a large cat running down a sidewalk after two others. He looked back to the road in front of them as Kaylee continued to head further away from the city.

At some point Shin got lost back into his food, once done he sunk into his seat and placed a hand on his stomach.
"Feel good?" she asked.
Shin just slowly nodded. After a moment he pushed himself back up in his seat and took a good look around. He blinked as he wasn't even sure as to when they had stopped. "Are we... Where I think we are?" he asked looking around. A few cars were lined up on either side of them, like one long line of cars parked on the skirts of a wide open area.
"Yup." Kaylee coolly and calmly took a sip of her drink.
Shin was quick to get out of the car and was meet by the roaring sound of motors in the distance. Music and lights could be heard as his eyes locked onto a gathering out in the middle of no where. They were still far away from the gathering, but they could still hear it. Shin leaned on the door feeling as if old memories were hitting a few home runs.

Kaylee got out of the car and shut her door. She walked to the front of it and leaned on the hood of the car. She pulled out a pack of cigarettes and light one up rather quickly. She took in a good hit as Shin shut his door and came to join her. "Thought we would watch a few before heading back." She shrugged as Shin slipped himself onto the hood of the car.

Shin pulled his knees up to his chest as he could see two cars pulling away fast from the gathering. Both competing in the battle of speed and muscle. God, how he missed being behind the driver seat.

"Good trade?" Kaylee asked as she titled her head and look to him. Shin could only softly nod.

Mentioned Triangles Triangles

Gnash

Seventeen credits. It was enough for, perhaps, two cheap meals. Two VERY cheap meals in this place. Less, if they had to... 'tip' the server. Gnash understood tipping, and they once did so somewhat generously. But now, they simply didn't have the money. This place, this planet of sins they called 'edison', there were a fair amount of moneyed and foolhardy men who would gladly go to some remote jungle or tundra for a beast's head. The problem was that most of the serious ones had hired guides for life, and the ones who did it on a whim tended to hire more... 'Professional' help. Gnash was professional, they hunted to survive while most of those rich buffoons did it as a 'hobby'! Deep down, Gnash knew it was because they were a Mutt. They just never liked admitting that.

With their monkey-like form and four-legged walk, they certainly didn't look like those pretty purebred things that learned to shoot beasties on their rich uncle's dime. If they weren't wearing their hunter's garb and carrying firearms, they'd likely be mistaken for a runaway zoo animal. Eventually, their three eyes settled on a shifty establishment. No rule against Mutts, so they wrapped their tail around their leg and contemplated going in... They'd nearly been in a few fights in places like this... But nowhere else around served food. So, they thought about it, weighing the odds...

So, into the cheap and seedy bar they went, seeking the one meal they'd eat today. Maybe, they mused, they could eat some of the local pests. Speaking of, it seemed some of the scum were harassing a-... Well. it LOOKED like a 'human', but it was massive. Perhaps it was a machine-person? No, the armor was clearly not a part of their body. Gnash's instincts kicked in, and they moved behind a table, right before the fighting got underway. It wasn't a long fight. The human, using a steel ball, had easily beaten the two opposing him. and in their big bag, they caught a glimpse of a large weapon. A gun, the sort that didn't shoot down people or animals so much as tear holes in ships. What form of madman carried that? It was bigger than Biggun!... Clearly, they were either a people-hunter, or some kind of... 'eccentric'. Eccentrics were rich normally, right? and he DID sit at the gamble table... Gnash decided this man had money. And in a disreputable place like this, Gnash would probably be the only 'professional' of their kind. It was time for an interview.

So, a credit chip was inserted into the gambling table, and Gnash took an empty seat, opening with a few words.
"That is a biiig gun. Crazy big. But you're crazy big, so it fits, and it's maybe not crazy crazy... But... Something tells me you wanna shoot something crazy crazy big, right? You ever go on... 'Sa-fa-ri'? I'm a guide, yanno. Professional, killed lots of monsters so I could live. I know lots about wild things, you can trust me. Wait, almost forgot, Gnash. That's my name, Gnash."
They said, words spilling out haphazardly as they tried to sell what they thought was an eccentric man with money on a safari trip. Whether the pirate they had actually approached needed anything like that or not was unknown, but... Well, doubtful. And yet, they still gambled the last of their money on a game they didn't understand for an excuse to talk to him.

Interacting with: Jason Demac Jason Demac

Hammerhead
Human Female | 26 | Bodyguard

Throughout all the din of the streets in Edison there was always a colorful variety of species. Among the population of people working their way through the streets was Meara Terrakal or as some like to call her, Hammerhead. It was almost comical to see her: a blonde woman in a huge armor set with an equally huge hammer clinging to her back, while dragging along a hovering box with chains which were attached to rings on either side of her hips. The metal box was to ensure no one would try and steal from her unless they they cut off one of her hands to activate the fingerprint pad on one corner of the box. Obviously no one would be that stupid to try and do for just a box. In contrast to the rest of her, she held a flower in a pot with her right arm and a tiny piece of paper in her left.

I should have never agreed to draw straws to which one would be on shopping duty. I'm a bodyguard, not a mule, that has to count for something right? Shouldn't I be protecting the Omega III from thieves or something?
She knew the answer to her own question already because she herself made sure that the ship's security was self-sufficient for the short time that everyone else beside Doc had left. The bodyguard sighed aloud before looking back down at the list she was given upon arrival.

"Okay let's go over this: A backup liquidizer suspension for Ringu's Ice Cannon - check, a controlled weight distributioner for Valund's grappling hook - check, a ton of cigarettes for the Captain - check, an Anatonica flower for..." she looked down at the plant questioningly. "...Reasons unknown by Doc - check." She shook her head to keep track of the task at hand. "And a pressurized Zelanium conductor? Well how in the world of Edison am I supposed to get my hands on that?"

"I bet my Zelanium conductor on this round," she looked towards a saloon where she heard the voice and it came from an alien that looked like he had the snout of an elephant, bunny ears, and four arms.

"Looks like I got extremely lucky," she slapped on a circular tracking device to the box that rang loudly if it ever got out of range from her, unhooked herself from the chains, then confidently walked into the saloon. As she got closer she saw a familiar face, but didn't say hello to him. She knew how these crowds worked, if the other people at the table knew that she was familiar with Valund, they would possibly accuse her or him of cheating. So instead she "accidentally" bumped into him, waiting for him to look over so she could slyly wink at him and then set down some coins taking a seat in the process, briefly looking over the competition, including the tall, pink, furry thing.

"I'm in."

Interacting with: Jason Demac Jason Demac Graystone713 Graystone713
Mentions: Triangles Triangles PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss DewOfTheMountains DewOfTheMountains

Last edited:
Ace

Ace huffed and puffed as he barged through the side door of the saloon. Chasing the bartender down the greasy alleyway he stopped, hunching over in exhaustion.
"Doc was right, I really do need to stop smoking," Ace panted as he tried to recover, "Please. Stop. Running!" He exhaled, reaching out at the suspect who was getting away. "For a fat man he sure can run," Ace thought to himself as he recuperated. The man was almost at the end of the alleyway when all of a sudden a burst of crystals locked up his feet. "Ice?...ICE!" Ace looked up in excitement as he watched Odessa descend from the rooftop above. She stood in front of the bartender whose feet were now locked in place, cemented to the ground from the ice. Ace walked up to the pair, observing as Max struggled to escape the crystals attached at his feet. "I told you you couldn't run forever." Ace smirked as he reached into the bartender's front overall pouch to retrieve the sack of coins.
"I knew you were a no good Syndicate!" Max spit, shouting at the duo.
"Now, now. It's ex-syndicate. I told you I don't do that anymore.' He patted Max on the shoulder. "But don't fret," Ace smiled, "I'm sure you and the Syndicate will be real acquainted here very soon."
"You won't get away with this! I got people on the outside, on every planet! You watch yourself cowboy!"
"Yeah, yeah, and 'You would've gotten away with it too if it wasn't for us meddling kids.' Save the rest, take it up with me when you're out of prison." Ace buzzed his earpiece, "Yo Doc, wake up! Bring the ship around, our work here is done." Ace removed his finger from his ear, crouching down to examine the crystals locking Max in place. "This is new huh?" He spoke to Odessa, "Look at you and your funky new gadgets," He ran his hand over the ice, so cold it almost burned him when touched it. "Definitely not Syndicate issued I assume." Ace chuckled, standing up to face Odessa. "Ya know, I had this bounty in the bag..." Looking at Odessa in all of her beauty, Ace could see a figure approaching from behind. He tilted his head in confusion as he watched what cold only be described a giant lion on two legs sprinting towards them. "Uhh.. Hold that thought."

Interactions: PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss DewOfTheMountains DewOfTheMountains Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Last edited:
Doc
It was the final round of Anthony's exciting card game session. The score was 2 to 2, he was ready with board clearers and minion boosters. Everything was still as he waited for his opponent to finish their turn. It was anyone's game now. He had unlocked all his legendary cards, but his opponent still controlled the board with an iron fist. Then it happened. A mistake.

"Ah hah!" Doc shouted, "You fool! You thought you could defeat me? The Great Warrior of Xiphos, Calium Cloudwing? The slayer of dragons, conqueror of worlds, destroyer of gods! Preposterous! Now feel the wrath of a thousand stars for your foolish-"

"Yo Doc, wake up! Bring the ship around, our work here is done."

Anthony fumbled with his mouse as the sudden message from Ace surprised him, knocking him out from his game immersion.
"Aye, aye, captain. She be on her way." Doc replied back, putting on a mock pirate voice.

"Alright, let's try this again. You fool. Blah blah blah, Great Warrior, etc etc. Now die!" He summarized, still wanting to taunt his enemy, even if it was all virtual. Anthony whooped at his level up screen as he steered the ship toward Ace's location.

Interactions: Triangles Triangles

Graystone713 Graystone713 Maeve Valor Maeve Valor

It was Valund's deal after winning his first hand, and as he was passing out the cards two last minute players sat down just in time to recieve a hand. One he recognized, and gave her a wink back using his bad eye so it only seemed like a twitch to the other players.

"Texas Hold--" Valund started to explain, before what he assumed was a man of some species started jabbering at him about being a hunting guide almost too quick for Valund to catch. After the strange life form was done, Valund squinted at him hard, shifting his cigar to the other side of his mouth and taking a long drag. Valund reclined in his chair, and glanced between his cards and the community cards.

"Well my anxious friend, I'm not much of a hunter. But that doesn't mean we can't do business, now does it? You have any talent for tracking?" He didn't mind the sudden offer, as between the fight and this strangest-of-strangers the other players at the table seemed thoroughly thrown off their game. "Bet a credit, pass." He turned his one eyed glance back to the humanoid and raised an accusing eyebrow, 'your turn' it seemed to say.

Last edited:
Onboard the BSV Mars, orbit above Earth

"Officer on deck!"

The bridge crew suddenly stood at attention as Nataliss entered. She grimaced. "Spare me your pitiful formalities," she said to the rat-faced captain at the helm.

Nodding, the captain made a gesture with his hand. A signal for his crew to return to their duties.

Nataliss crossed her arms and looked at the holographic map of Edison which was currently displayed. "Captain Valkhorn how soon untill departure?"

Valkhorn cleared his throat and moved to Nataliss' side. "In five minutes, ma'am. The last dropships are touching down now."

"Good. The faster we get to Edison the faster we can find some actual targets. Did you receive the mission intel?"

Valkhorn nodded. "Yes ma'am. I also received temporary credentials that lists the vessel as a diplomatic transport and all onboard staff as Syndicate dignitaries, just as you requested."

Excellent. Now the Edison higher-ups can't touch us.

Nataliss glanced over at the captain. "Did you see the target details as well?"

"Yes ma'am. Reclamation of Syndicate property. Though you should be aware that the target location is a town known for smuggling. You'll have to turn a lot of rocks, I reckon."

The Hurani smiled. "I don't mind. Wetwork is always enjoyable in one or more ways."

Valkhorn grunted. "I'll take your word for it ma'am."
Just as he finished speaking a green light blinked on a nearby officer's monitor. The officer turned around and spoke up; "Captain! Last dropship secured! We're ready to jump."

Valkhorn nodded. "Acknowledged. Navigation! Red alert! Tell engineering to ready the riftdrive, we're jumping in thirty seconds."

As the bridge crew got to work Nataliss continued to study the map. What prey would she claim this time?

Gnash

“What hunter doesn’t know that? The beasts don’t... Oh. You ARE a person-hunter. Thaaaat’s a bit different... Huh.”

They said, more than a little nervous, especially now that another big armored person was sitting at the table. Gnash was starting to wonder how their chairs held that much. Once they saw it was their turn, Gnash sort of blindly followed everyone else’s moves, putting out the same number of coins and looking at the cards. The numbers and symbols didn’t mean anything to them, but they weren’t really in it for a victory. Odds were being weighed, but not on cards. On whether hunting people was worth it. It was more dangerous, and certainly more difficult in ways, but... Well, it was that, pawning off their precious gear, or eating vermin.

“Uh... yeah, I guesssss... If they leave prints to see, scents to follow, or disturb the area, I can follow that. It’s not even hard, really, you just need the eyes, ears, and nose for it. I could probably track a person. Might even be easy.”

They said, unfortunately less than confidently. They needed money, and if hunting people is what it took... Welp. Nothing to do but go for it.

Jason Demac Jason Demac Maeve Valor Maeve Valor

Damaris Pulsar
Cyborg/Female/26/BS Cowboy

"So, you go there as a glorified bodyguard?"

Damaris stopped checking if her arm worked for a moment and looked at her. "Technically. We do go under the Syndicate name and have to answer to-" Her digital processor showed her a list of ship and name listings "-Captain Jazhta, legally, but my duty is to scout the area for possible detractors."

"You're using them as a smoke screen, I see." Her engineer said thoughtfully. "The Syndicate does think ahead on legal standpoints. That's... refreshing."

Damaris wanted to answer to that, but stopped herself. The small central screen of their pod changed from a black wall to a soft red and brown. With her arm fully functional, she took her gun and jacket. "Edison."

Her engineer nodded, and went over to the command center. "Do you think we have time for a little shopping?"

Damaris just looked at her and frowned. What would you want to buy in Edison?

Mentions Viper Actual Viper Actual

Katrell
And some other unknown guy....

Katrell caught up to Ace and the man Ace was chasing. He slowed down his pace until he was standing rather close to Ace. "Small man caught bad guy?" he asked. He patted Ace on the shoulder, mind you his paw weighted like twenty pounds. "Katrell is surprised, no? Small man looked like he was having troubles keeping up with bad guy." He added.

But as the scene started to become more clear Katrell turned to the girl who had descended from the roof tops. He didn't see her two seconds ago, more so his eyes were just on Ace and the bad guy. He looked to the gun in her hands and then to the ice over the bartender's feet. "Wait one minutes...." He narrowed his eyes as he studied the scene even more. Everything hit at once as he opened his arms rather wide to the girl. "Gurl (yes I know that's not the way you spell girl.) human caught bad guy with ice cone machine!" he shouted a bit.

He turned to Ace and smacked him hard on the back as he laughed. "Gurl human out did Katrell and small human." He smiled showing his large white pearly teeth. "We should thank gurl no?" Katrell smiled to ace as he crossed his arms over his chest and stood their smiling.

While Ace, Odessa and Katrell stood their over the bartender a pair of eyes had noticed them.

"Is that a Lyking?" a man in a rather expensive suit asked. His hair was black and slicked back, his skin was pale with a few black strips here or there. His eyes were all black and his nose was a bit inward... Almost like a lizard. The man sat in a large limbo looking out his window. A few more creatures like himself sat inside the limbo with him.

One of which spoke up, "His name is Katrell, from the planet Vikeding."

The man smirked as he noticed the others with Katrell. "And who are his friends... Looks to me like they are doing a bit of hunting of their own." He stated.

The one man looked back to his tablet and searched around as fast as he could. "It says that the Lyking arrived on his own... The others...." the man paused as he searched their data base for Ace and Odessa. "That's Captain Alex Vargos of the Omega lll. Born here on Edison, sir." The man looked to his boss.

"Artemis, are we not here to find the two rats?" Another lager man asked from the other end of the limbo.

Artemis looked away from Ace and the others to look at the man across from him. "We are... But I'm in the mood to entertain." Artemis told the other. He turned to the man with the tablet, "What exactly are they doing?" Artemis asked gently.

The man with the tablet frowned a bit. "From what I have gathered, they are Cowboys... And they just pulled in a bust of someone smuggling alien goods onto Edison." He stated.

Artemis rose his brows at this. "Alien goods?" He more so was questioning the whole situation. He slowly smirked as he looked to the others in the limbo. "Why don't you ask our future friends over for a meal. Have the boys take care of the whole alien mess... and bring out heroes in for a little celebration." He told them.

The one with the tablet nodded and started to tap away at his screen.

As the limbo left the scene heading further out of the city, two large black vehicles pulled over to the side of the roar near the bar. More than eight men and other creatures came out of the vehicles dressed in suits. Some made their way into the bar and headed for the stash of alien goods, while three made a beeline for Ace and the others.

Once on the scene the men looked around, one walking right over to Ace. "Captain Alex Vargos?" he asked. "My name is Calious and I work for the CEO Artemis." He told them. "Our CEO wishes to meet you and your crew." He added in a stern voice. Calious didn't leave any room for interpenetration. You could not tell if this 'meeting' would be good or bad. But a meeting with a CEO..... it was a 50/50 gamble. And there was no way of declining such an invitation.

Triangles Triangles PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss

Shin

"Watch 'em." Shin pointed at to racers in the distance. "He's gonna blow it." Shin added with a hint of excitement in his voice.

Kaylee rolled her eyes, "He just won three races in a row... How will he...?" The car that Shin was pointing at suddenly was smoking from the hood and drove off the drag strip into a dirt ditch. She twisted her lips as she looked at the smoke and then back to Shin, "You take the fun out of this." she stated in a bitter tone.

Shin smiled and shook his head, "You can hear it." He stated with such confidence. "He pushed her too hard and he burned out his coils."
Kaylee rose one brow to Shin, "He doesn't have coils." She made her words clear. "You've been spending too much time with those racing ships haven't you?"
Shin thinned his lips at her words. "He put coils in his car. Coils will help reduce the heat... If installed correctly.."
"So what happen to his car Mr. Smarty Pants?" she asked.
Shin shrugged, "My only guess would be that he tried to use warp drive parts to give him that second boost after using the moon nos."
Kaylee blinked, "Wouldn't that be explosive?" she asked.
Shin held up three fingers, he then took one away, and then another, and then pointed to the driver's car. As soon as Kaylee looked back to the car, it exploded.

She jumped a bit as she was shocked that he was right. She slowly turned back to Shin, "You fuckin scare me sometimes... You know that right?" She asked.

Shin slipped off the hood of the car and smile. "I promise you... It's the sounds." He waved it off. He walked over to her and held out his hand. "Come on... We should head back." He told her.
Kaylee looked to his hands and then grasped the keys tighter in her own. "No." She held a firm tone. "When you drive its like asking for a death wish." she told him holding the keys further away from.

"Come on Kaylee." Shin wanted those keys. "I promise I'll drive nicely." He smiled.
Kaylee knew that smile. That smile was a lie and she knew it. "You're gonna drive like a maniac and we both know it." She stepped away from him.

Just as Shin went for the keys, both froze when a bright light was targeted at them. They looked back to behind the cars and found men in suits and of course.... Mom....

Artemis stood there with his men behind him, a gentle smile on his face as he watched the two.

"I thought you said you had a hall pass." Shin quickly whispered to Kaylee.
"Well....?" Kaylee slowly looked away from Shin as she itched the side of her cheek with one finger.
Shin's eyes shot wide as a baffled look came to his face.

"I think the two of you had enough fun for one night." Artemis stated as he slowly lit up a cigarette. "And I have guests later... So... Shall we?" he asked.

Shin looked from Kaylee over to Artemis. He could feel his chest slowly rise and fall as he hated the calm before the storm. "We'll head back right now." Shin stated in a softer tone. He went past Kaylee and took the keys from her. He opened the driver door about an inch before he stopped. Hearing a hiss coming from Artemis. "Ed, you'll be riding with us." Artemis stated as he casually and calmly took a hit off his smoke and ashed it.

Shin could feel his blood boiling now... Simmering since Artemis had shown up.
He slammed the keys to the ground and made his way past Artemis and heading for Artemis' limbo. He stopped at the back of the limbo, looking back, waiting for Artemis.

Artemis looked to Kaylee and gave her a soft smile. "Pick them up." He told her.

Kaylee felt frozen as she noticed a strange look in the man's black eyes. She slowly walked over to the keys and bent down to pick them up. As she stood up slowly, she froze even more. She could hear them...

Shin felt his heart drop when he saw Kaylee pick up the keys... But it wasn't the keys or her that stole his attention. Artemis' men pulled out their guns and aimed them at Kaylee. Shin went to rush back to her, only for two large hands pulling him back. "Kaylee! Run!" Shin felt his words lost as the guns went off and he was shoved into the back of the limbo.

Artemis watched as the girls body fell to the ground. The cars around her now shared the same wounds. He titled his head a bit and sighed. "Burn it." He stated as he turned on his heals. "Get the chip... Remove the code.. Destroy the car." he told them.

Now a CEO of Edison never actually had to cover up his or her actions... But when it came to this kind of matter.... He had to. He went over to the limbo and already knew their would be a tornado inside it. "Knock him out." He told the man holding a tablet. The man nodded and within seconds Shin's screams stopped.

Artemis smiled at the sound of silence. As a man opened the door for Artemis, Artemis smiled. "Well wasn't this a nice little adventure." With that Artemis got into the limbo along with his more trusted men and left. As they drove away, a fire took over the background. Most people would be drawn to it, but none of Artemis' men would look back.

Artemis turned to the one holding the tablet, "I want to it to feel like a feast." He told him with a rather disturbing smile. He glanced down to Shin's motionless body on the floor of the limbo, "When he wakes up, remind him of his place... I hate repeating myself." Artemis turned away and let his eyes go to the window. "And after he's cleaned up... Have him join us... He needs new friends."

Hammerhead
Human Female | 26 | Bodyguard

After being dealt her cards she carefully listened in on the conversation thinking, Is Valund really considering introducing this guy to our crew? Even with her doubts, she still knew Valund enough at this point to trust his judgement, he usually was a good judge of character.

"Heh, well don't take people so lightly. They can be slippery S.O.B.'s. You sometimes need to get in the mind of the target like I would assume you frequently need to for beasts as well. Am I right?" She asked not looking up from her cards.

Hammerhead examined the first few cards that were set down and surveyed her own deciding to put down a few more coins, "I'll raise it."

Next turn was the weird elephant-looking alien. He scratched his chin with one of his four arms as he tilted his head down with the snout slightly covering his cards. She noticed one of his other arms wasn't in plain sight. She put two and two together and stood up reaching a hand behind her to grip her hammer. "He's trying to cheat."

Everyone else in the saloon went silent and the longer the silence went on, the more intense the air became. People were awaiting who made the first move, verbally or otherwise.

Interactions: Jason Demac Jason Demac Graystone713 Graystone713

Odessa (Ringu)

Her boss was impressed with her gadget and that was enough to please her, what didn't please her was the other lion thing that had accompanied them. She frowned underneath her mane of hair when he immediately assumed that her Boss was responsible for the capture even when it was obviously her. She kept it to herself, though she had no doubt her Boss can see the tension in her limps. Even when the lion-thing backtracked and started complimenting her as well, she still didn't feel at ease. The lion-person was an unknown entity and she didn't trust unknown entities, too many variables, too many factors to take into account. So far though, the lion-person-thing didn't seem like a threat, certainly looked the part but then again it was a lion, lions have a tendency to be both impressive and frightening even when they are doing nothing. The lion-thing seemed amiable enough if not a little too handsy, smacking her boss on the back aand that jazz. though his intelligence was something to be desired. Preferring to her Ice Cannon as a "ice cone machine" and herself as a "human gurl", clearly not noticing or perhaps not realizing that humans rarely sport pointy ears or had silver-green skin. Her hair covered most of her face so her ears and face were hidden but it didn't change the color of her skin. No matter, it wouldn't be the first time someone has mistaken her for a human.

She was still trying to pinpoint where the lion man lay in her field of trust, when several men in smart black suits suddenly appeared in her side vision. She turned toward them, her hands tight on her Ice Cannon, prepared for a fight but as usual, they ignored her and went straight for her Boss.

"Captain Alex Vargos?" one of the men asked in an imperious tone that grated on her nerves, "My name is Calious and I work for the CEO Artemis." He told them. "Our CEO wishes to meet you and your crew." His voice made it abundantly clear that this was not a request, but a demand. There was no room for refusal. Odessa's eyes narrowed as she took stock of the man and the men behind him. They seemed like ordinary businessmen but she knew just by looking that they were dangerous. And she didn't trust them. She didn't trust anyone, but her mistrust of corporate goons was far more greater than her mistrust of ordinary people. There is always an ulterior motive when corporations were involved. Always.

She clutched her Ice Cannon and was very aware of a certain cylinder strapped in her hip. With a single flex of her magnetic gloves, and the cylinder will fly into her hands and ignite, omitting a blaze of pure concentrated light. There were many names for her weopan. Lasersword for laymen, lightsaber for those remaining geeks and nerds who spend days watching and intercepting the now ancient Star Wars myths, but she preferred to it as simply a laserblade. It was a great close-quarters weapon though not nearly as powerful as the mythical lightsaber was.

So she stood and waited for her Boss to indicate where they were going with this offer. Prepared to fight if necessary.

Hotshot

The sound of gunshots only got louder as Hotshot stepped outside his tenant building. He took a deep breath. The smell of rain and gun smoke. Shouldn't stay on the streets too long. Better get moving. Hotshot made his way to city hall. The streets were nearly empty. This was no surprise, seeing as how the entire planet was torn up by the war waged between planetary crime organizations and The Watchmen. A vicious cycle, really. Watchman gets a contract on some crime boss's head, wanted dead most of the time. Watchman does his job and collects his pay. Underlings of the crime boss retaliate, attacking Watchmen safe houses. That's how it's been, and that's how it will always be.

Hotshot approached city hall. A moderately sized, multi-floored building. The target's office was on the upper floors of the building. Hotshot took the quick way up, firing his grapple gun and zooming to the top of the building. He was about to open the door the stairwell when he heard footsteps coming up the stairs on the other side. Hotshot quickly ran behind one of the roof air conditioning units on near the stairwell, sneaking a peak behind a corner. A man stepped out, rifle in hand. Who the hell is this guy? Doesn't look police, he doesn't have a uniform. Some gangster probably. Doesn't matter what he is, he has to go. The man took a few steps away from the door way. Got to distract him somehow. That's when the idea hit him. Hotshot took out one of his extra magazines and very carefully removed one of the bullets from the mag. Bullet in hand, Hotshot took another look around the corner. The man was still walking. Hotshot thew the bullet across the roof, the sound it made being audible even with the rain. "The hell was that?" the man said. He moved toward the source of the sound. Hotshot took his chance, drawing his knife and making his way quietly toward the man. The man let out a muffled "What th-" before Hotshot slit the man's throat. His lifeless body fell to the ground. Hotshot picked up the bullet he had thrown a few inches away. Hotshot didn't even bother with the man's rifle. Sure higher caliber bullets are nice, but when your target's a suit wearing politician a pistol round will work just as well as a rifle round. Rifles aren't exactly concealable either, not something you would be able to carry around in public. Hotshot made his way into the building.

Hotshot heard several footsteps echoing down the tiled halls as he neared the target's office. He stopped in his tracks before realizing the footsteps were getting quieter. Hotshot continued to the target's office. Empty. Damn it! Those footsteps were probably the target. Hotshot let out a small sigh before searching the office for leads on where he could have gone to. There were a couple of cigarettes in the ash tray, they looked like they were recently used. Someone was here with the target. A pile of papers sat on the desk. Hotshot skimmed through them, looking for anything that may be of use. It was mostly political gibberish until he reached a paper that read "Request for Leave of Absence." Bingo. Hotshot read through the document before deciding that it was time to leave. Hotshot went outside and grappled to a nearby roof. He rung up Deadeye.

"You got your target already? Damn, Hotshot, that must be a new record for you."

"No I didn't. I need you to look after the tenant for me for a little while longer."

"What? How come?"

"Goin' offworld for a bit. Ring up one of the Watchmen transports for me, yea? Don't think the police would let me on a public transport ship when I'm armed." "Heh, sure thing, Hotshot. Where you headin' partner?"

"Edison."

Ace

Ace stood in shock as the sprinting lion-like creature came to a screeching halt in front of him. "Small man caught bad guy?" It's giant paws patted Ace on the shoulder with a firm thrust. Grimacing, Ace looked to Odessa for conclusion.
"What the fuck?" He mouthed.
"Katrell is surprised, no? Small man looked like he was having troubles keeping up with bad guy." As the lion continued, Ace stared in disbelief. The creature in front of him continued to ramble on about his teammate's gadgets, praising Odessa for her catch of the day. When out of nowhere, another startling smack came to Ace's back as the Lion laughed. "Gurl human out did Katrell and small human." Katrell smiled showing his large white pearly teeth. "We should thank gurl no?" Katrell looked to Ace as he crossed his arms over his chest.
Ace rubbed his shoulder and rolled his neck in pain, "Y..Yeah, great job Odessa.." Ace spoke, still so confused about what was going on.

As if matters couldn't get any more bizarre for the crew, suddenly they were approached on all sides by three men in black suites. Once on the scene the men looked around, one walking right over to Ace. "Captain Alex Vargos?" he asked. "My name is Calious and I work for the CEO Artemis. Our CEO wishes to meet you and your crew." The man's words were cold and robotic, speaking in a stern voice.

As ace was about to knowledge the newcomers, a blinding flash followed by a loud boom echoed throughout the streets. Omega III whizzed into motion, hovering over the saloon and the crew below. "I-I'm sorry I didn't quite catch that. Ya know, with the spaceship and all." Ace shook his head, squinting after the flash,"It almost sounded like you said, Alex Vargos?" Ace looked at Odessa with another confused look on his face. "Again, what the fuck?" He mouthed, returning focus back to the men in black. "Well, you see, there seems to be some miscommunication here because my name is Ace. And as far as meet and greets go, you'll have to get in line, pal." Ace sneered, pulling out a cigarette from his coat pocket and lighting it. "Besides, as much as I would love to have dinner with you and your buddies," He inhales from the cigarette, "If you couldn't already tell, we've got some business to attend to." Ace gestured to the bartender as he exhaled smoke, blowing it in Calious' direction.

Interactions: Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss DewOfTheMountains DewOfTheMountains

Hotshot
Human Male | 29 | Opportunity Watchman

The transport ship exited hyperspace nearby Edison, the planet in view. "There it is. Edison. Ever been to Edison, Hotshot?" the pilot asked him. "Didn't really need to. My targets usually didn't have a habit of leaving Opportunity." Hotshot took a look at the planet. "That's... alot of lights." The pilot only chuckled. Silence filled the small vessel, the planet growing ever so larger as they approached. "Do we even have credentials to land." The pilot took his sweet time before he gave his response. "Hm. Don't worry about that, Hotshot. Plus, who said we were going to land?" Hotshot looked at the pilot, a look of confusion on his face. "What? What are you- Oh." Hotshot looked down at this wrist, inspecting his grapple gun. "Where do you need to dropped off?" "Just drop where there's crime, I'll figure it out." "Missing home already, eh, Hotshot? Alright, then."

Turbulence shook the ship as it entered the atmosphere. After going through the clouds, a city appeared before them. Hotshot took notice of a ship hovering over some buildings. "The hell is going on over there?" Hotshot thought out loud to himself. He cleared this throat. "Just hover nearby one of the buildings here, and keep her steady." He got up out of his seat and steadily walked over to the rear hatch. The ship circled around one of the taller buildings in the area as it slowed down before coming to a stop. The rear hatch opened, the roar of the external engines filling the interior. "Alright! Just signal back when you need to picked up, yea?" the pilot said, yelling at the top of his lungs. Hotshot merely nodded as he took aim and fired his grapple gun at the roof of the nearby building. The transport ship zoomed back into space after Hotshot made it onto the roof. Hotshot surveyed the surroundings from his vantage point. If I were a no good politician, where would I be hiding? The ship he had seen hovering earlier was still there. Gotta start somewhere, I guess. Hotshot thought to himself as he began hopping from rooftop to rooftop, making his way to the location.

Katrell

Calious seemed not amused by Ace's reaction to his words. Artemis was not the kind of man you turned down or stepped away from. Calious nodded towards Ace to acknowledge the fact that this Captain was making a huge mistake. But it was still his call. Calious turned to another man who whispered something to him. Calious turned back to Ace as he forced a thin smile to him. He took a few steps over to Ace as three men went over to the bartender. One placed handcuffs on the bartender while two others got his feet out from the ice. Once they had gotten the bartender from the ice they started to take the man away.

Calious looked around a bit at Katrell, Odessa and then back to Ace. He cleared his throat a bit before speaking. He placed his hands behind his back neatly, "Mr. Artemis will be greatly disappointed if you decline his offer." Calious ignored the fact that the men inside the bar were also collecting the alien goods and taking them to a large black van.

Calious pulled out a card from the inside of his jacket and handed it to Ace, he also handed one to Katrell. "In case you change your mind." he told them.

Katrell took the card and looked it over. He rose a brow not sure exactly what this all was or whom Calious or this man Artemis was. He glanced over to see that Ace had gotten the same card, but his eyes turned back to the bartender being taken away. "This is not your catch." Katrell told the man. "Small gurl with frosty machine caught bad guy." He pointed out.

Calious smirked at this. "This district belongs to Artemis. There for... This case now belongs to the CEO Artemis." Calious informed Katrell. He then let his eyes shift to Ace. "Isn't that right Capatin?" he asked. It didn't matter what Ace said at this point. This was Edison, and the CEO's rained over everything here. Trying to fight them was like trying to land on the sun.

PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss DewOfTheMountains DewOfTheMountains Triangles Triangles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back